Thursday, August 20, 2026

I'll Begin On A Positive Note... But It Might Go Downhill From There...



We'll start this Post with Great-Grandbaby Imagery, to begin on a Positive Note.  It might go Downhill from there... but... whatever.  *LOL*  Tomorrow is both Bulk Garbage pickup Day, done only once a Month, and Regular Garbage Day, for usual Weekly Non-Recycle Trash Pickup.   So, I was busy getting both ready to be Curbside, coz both come very early in the Morning, usually before anyone wakes up, so doing it the Night or Day beforehand is crucial.   One of The Daughter's long time Childhood Friends unexpectedly showed up today unannounced looking for her.  They aren't that close anymore, and haven't been for a long time now, since this person has shown she can't be Trusted and is always Thirsty for Attention, like J-Lo {Jennifer Lopez}.   And I don't Trust Thirsty folk, I just don't.  *LOL*




 I have never thought she could be Trusted and have always said so, Gut Instinct about her, even tho' she's been nothing but nice and respectful to me personally, something about seemed disingenuous about her and never Lined Up with me.  But we got confirmation from very reliable Sources some time ago that my Gut Instincts about her had been Right.  So, The Daughter has distanced herself and not had this Gal coming around for a very long time, feeling betrayed.  For her to show up out of the Blue asking for The Daughter was Odd and Suspect, so The Man just sent her away.  The Daughter wasn't here anyway and was with Friends she is still close to.  Nobody Needs anyone who even Smells like Drama and a Headache around.




 I don't even plan to say this Gal came around looking for her, motives being unclear as to why?  This Gal IMO can be Major Drama and a Headache, she Creates a lot of her own Drama, Online as well as in Person.  She is very Immature for a Woman in her Forties, often still acting like a Teenager, when she's got Kids older than that.  She is overly Thirsty to be the Center of Attention, the look at and notice me type, and since she can't keep a Man, tends to go after other folk's Guys.   So none of the Guys we know want her around coz they know she's trouble and tries to make trouble in other people's relationships.  Not many folks want someone around who can't be Trusted or is Deceitful.




Anyway, The Man didn't even remember who she was so just said The Daughter isn't here.  Then came and told me who she said her Name was.  She hadn't been around in so long, I didn't initially even know who it had been, but then, there's only One Person by that Name that it could have been, so deducted it had been her.  The Son agreed, don't even mention it to his Sister, coz this Person, tho' he's also known her most of their Lives, he doesn't want around either and I'd told her some time ago not to be here.   She'd often show up unannounced and with people we didn't know, I don't like that.  Nobody I don't know is Invited here or Welcome unannounced particularly on our Property, so don't even bring Randoms around.  




I don't Care if you know them, if I don't, then don't have them in tow.  We're all Friended Up and even most folks I do know don't come to my Home unless specifically Invited.   And if I can't or don't even Trust YOU, then why would I Trust anyone Random you know?  Exactly.  The Daughter knows how cynical I am and that if someone makes a bad impression on me, it's damn hard to shake it and change my opinion.  Even if I didn't initially have that impression, once you do or say something that Red Flags my Spidey Senses, don't come around anymore.  And I have never particularly even Liked this Girl, let alone don't Trust her and never have.




So, while The Son and I were Working Outside getting everything to the Curb, we were making sure she wasn't still in the Neighborhood hanging around.   The Daughter won't be coming Home for a while, but, still, I don't want this Gal hanging around or showing up on my Property uninvited and unannounced no more, I'm suspicious of her, and it's why I mentioned it here on the Ole' Blog... it was Note Worthy, let us just say.   Just in case something comes up with this Gal?  *Winks*  Some Coincidences are everything but...    Anyway, it was another 116 Degree Day, mebbe Hotter, once my Temp Gauge showed 116, I just didn't go out any more in it.   I did pick up Wild Bird Seed, seems the pricing went way up everywhere, so perhaps there at the Discount Grocer, that was a reasonable price now?  Who knew?  Well, everything's going way up, so, can't say I'm even mildly Surprised anymore now.



 

The Son hadda be in Work by 5:00 a.m., so walked there so he didn't have to wake me up, since, his Niece doesn't work on Mondays so I can Sleep in if I don't take him to Work.  He doesn't mind walking when it's still Dark and Cooler out there and it's not even a Quarter of a Block away, I can see his Store from where we Live if I go stand in the Access Road in front of our Property and look Southwest of us.  Very convenient and handy.  He wants his Sister to apply for a part time Job there and thinks she could Stock Shelves and be an asset, in spite of her Disability.  There's not much contact with other people doing what he does and he knows she's an excellent Worker.  Part Time she could mebbe handle... mebbe... and she needs the steadier income until and unless she Qualifies to get back on SSI after a 20+ Year period of being off of it due to being out of the Country during that time?





I Plan to make an inquiry to The Grandson's Social Security Caseworker about it since, why not, Briana seems like a nice younger Woman and one of the Good Ones as far as Caseworkers go.  I can tell instantly now if we got a Good One or a Bad One.  *LOL and an Eye Roll, since, you shouldn't have that much Experience Dealing with Caseworkers of Social Service Programs and Government Agencies galore, but I fucking do!*  When you obtain and get Assigned a Good One, you really utilize that Person to your Advantage as much as you can coz the Good Ones generally Burn Out and don't last long in those Professions.  They become as overwhelmed and despondent as their Clients about The System.  Most are overworked and underpaid, and definitely not appreciated by their Employer, The Federal Government.  Most, especially under this Administration, of the Best of them, are bailing like the Ship is already sinking and going Down.







To be sure, the very Best of every form of Government, like the FBI, CIA, Military, VA, EPA, CDC, Politics, IRS, FDA, all Social Service Agencies, DOJ, etcetera, are either Retiring Early, Quitting, or being Ousted involuntarily and Targeted for Revenge and Retribution, possibly Prosecution, and definitely Persecution, by this Regime.  They've Purged any Resistance to what they intend to do and who would Protect or Defend the American Public and the Nation from them or whatever their insidious Agendas are.   See, I told you my Positive Post might go Downhill from the initial intent of it, into the Abyss of current Negativity abounding out there in the World, and America in particular.  *LOL but Le Sigh and a Sob*    We've still got ambivalent, oblivious, ignorant or indifferent Americans out there tho'... and of coarse those of the 30% or less, of the Population, who are the Die Hard Staunchest Supporters of it all and always will be.  They be the ones to keep an Eye on.  Coz if they aren't thrown under the Bus and get run over, they're definitely ON the Bus and for the whole Ride.

 





One of my BFF's and previous Roommates, when we were Young Adults and first time Single Moms, has a Brother whose gone Balls Out Extreme MAGA.  I asked her if her Brother has gone completely Mental, and what's Wrong with him now?  He is around 67 now and could be in cognitive decline as a vulnerable Adult?  Coz he's Retired Military, very Intelligent and Successful during his Career Years, used to be a Normal Acting Guy, used to be enormously Popular, I always thought highly of him... but now, just OMG!!!  WTF Bosco, has happened to you Dude?!  Christ on a Bike and all the Saints, his Social Media is totally Mental now and I don't know he has any Friends left who aren't Radicalized anymore?  He's Confrontational and even Cruel or Combative to anyone with differences of Opinion, disagree with him, or who are still Rational Human Beings.  It's Scary and deeply disturbing.  And he's not the only one I know who it's happened to either.  You do have to distance yourself from them by necessity and due to still having a Moral Compass and Basic Humanity!



  


She said nobody knows, he just went Off Rails like that in 2016 and now nobody wants to be around him or interact with him.  Coz he's absolutely Obsessed and Radicalized with his Extreme Political Views and Support and Justification of this Regime.  It is like he joined a Cult or a Domestic Terrorist Organization or Whacko Militia, and they've been unable to run any Intervention or Deprogram him.  He has a Family, so I Wonder if the Wife, Kids, Grandkids, all got on Board The Crazy Train or Bus that is going Wheels Off... or just him?   I knew his Wife, tho' she and I were never Friends, I even went to their Wedding, but he got Re-Assigned in the 1990's and I didn't keep in Touch, just with his Sister.  His Wife seemed to be the type so insecure her Husband couldn't still have his long time Female Friends, mebbe she didn't Trust him, or Imagined shit was happening that wasn't, I dunno, so I bowed out of their Lives.  






 He had a very meteoric rise in the Military well Earned, highly Respected, very Patriotic in a NORMAL way.   So, nothing to have concerns about, so, on FB he reached out, long before 2016 and wanted to reconnect.  He knew I still had long time Contact with his Sister and had been very Close with his Brother-In-Law, who was a Friend of mine before his Sister even Married Mike.   Sadly Mike was blown up in Iraq, so his Widowed Sister really has had a tough time of it since.   So, anyway, he reached out, and I accepted a Friend Request from an Old Friend I did Value the Long Time Friendship of and to catch up with one another.  Everything seemed good, for the most part, we had meaningful exchanges of how our Kids were doing, how many Grandkids we now had, how Retirement was going, Travels, reminiscing, the Usual Stuff.   And slightly after 2016, I had to Unfriend him, HAD to.   Before 2016 it had been Normal, like an Old Friendship with lots of History can be, and catching up with him and The Family was enjoyable... 'til it just wasn't, when he got so Radical and deeply Politically Partisan and Unhinged as fuck.








His Obsession with it was at the exclusion of all else, it's ALL he now talked of and it was Sick... really detached from all Reality and like an incurable Sickness, Defensive to an Extreme, Accusatory of anyone not in The Cult, Hostile, deeply Disturbing.   And that's what the 29%ers, as I now call the Devout MAGAts, have become.  After all that has now transpired, if you're still On Board, you're really quite Sick and it's become like an Illness or even a Deadly Contagion or Zombie Apocalypse of sorts.  You can and will try to Infect or Destroy those who are still Well by any Exposure to you IMO.  I used to think those proliferation of Zombie Movies and huge Populations going Brain Dead was fantastical and could never really happen, unless some Viral Infection mebbe caused it.  Well, MAGA has been like a Viral Infection to the Population and some succumbed to it and few Recovered from the Exposure to it.  It will Destroy the Nation if it spreads too far and wide successfully doing it's damage to the whole System.  It has spread Fear and even Death, like all dangerous Contagions tend to. 







Anyway, mebbe one day they'll make a Zombie Apocalypse or Dystopian Type Movie about it, I dunno, IF we Survive it?   Don't know whether they'd make it a Documentary or a Horror Movie?   *Eye Roll*   People like to be Scared when shit is Pretend, but when it's Real, and Fear is palpable, most folks don't like sustained Fear, it's not Healthy.  Fear is a Normal Response, but sustained Fears are extremely Stressful and detrimental to Well Being.   I guess I'm fortunate that I Shut Down my Fear Responses most of the time and prefer to Feel Nothing.  So that I can remain highly Functional and Adaptive to Situations, whatever they may be, in spite of Scary Shit that might be happening all around me and on a sustained basis I have little, to no, Control over.  As a Problem Solver by Nature, I will find Solutions to overcome anything I'm up against, in whatever ways Work advantageously to me and mine, my and our continued Survival, thru whatever shit becomes unavoidable and just IS the way it just IS.




*******
I do Hope most of you manage to get thru this too without being collateral damage, victims, and expected casualties of some very Bad History playing out in Real Time... Dawn... The Bohemian



No comments:

Post a Comment

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl