One of my fav Comedians, Kathleen Madigan, said something her 80 Year Old Mom told her that resonated with me and perfectly explained how being Retired and much Older is. We don't have a Relationship with Time anymore! OMG, you have no idea how that gave me an epiphany about how The Man has become... he no longer has a Relationship with Time anymore!!! *LOL* In Kathleen's Comedy Routine about what her Mom said, she'd gone down to Florida to visit her 80 Year Old Parents and meet their Friends there who are just as geriatric.
One Lady Friend, Ann Marie was acting strange, Kathleen asked her Mom, "So what's up with Ann Marie?" And her Mom simply Stated, "Oh, she's hammered..." And Kathleen's like, "But Mom it's 7:30 in the Morning!!!" And her Mom is like, "Kathleen we don't have a Relationship with Time anymore... I've already had Lasagna. We live in a whole other dimension now." Well, I fell out, it was not only hilarious, but so True! The Man is definitely now living in that other dimension, I'm only perhaps halfway there right now. But, he's Six Years Older than me, I'll probably catch up... *Winks*
Yes, I binge watched Comedy Specials by favorite Comedians that I'd already seen before but are worth seeing again, the hilarity is just as profound watching a rerun of it. So, see... I to am beginning to watch reruns of my favs, just like him. *Bwahahahaha* Besides, some of the newer Comedians I don't know, aren't that good to where I can get thru their Specials. And one who was from Australia, had an Accent so thick and used Aussie Slang so frequently, he had to explain the Jokes to an American/European Audience, and should have probably had subtitles, so, it lost the effect.
If you have to explain a Joke to me, it's no longer funny. Some new ones are pretty good tho' and I try to remember their Names so I can watch more of what they do. There are some Comedians who started their Careers in their Senior Years and they're fucking hilarious. They probably were always funny, but only after Retirement felt, well, folks say I'm hilarious, why don't I give this Stand Up a whirl?! And see how that goes? And of coarse Humor about Aging, I can now fully relate to. And there's something fully Liberating about having no more Fucks to give when you're a certain Age. *LOL & Winks*
Princess T is on the Outs again with her Boyfriend, Rusty. He was sitting out front of our House this Morning when I was taking her to Work, looking like an abandoned Puppy. Ruh Roh, thought I, and she snarls that he could just sit out there, she didn't Care. Oh shit. She was very quiet on the ride in to work and I could tell he was Texting her furiously, her Phone was pinging like Crazy. I hope he doesn't bother her at Work, but her Phone is in her Locker there so it shouldn't be a distraction that she's having personal issues interfering with what she's doing. She doesn't like to take her Personal Life in to Professional Life, but of coarse we know it spills over when you're going thru stuff.
She just had her Review and wasn't pleased with it coz tho' her Performance is exemplary, she's had a lot of Health Issues so Attendance was problematic. And we all know how that Negatively impacts everything else on Reviews, almost to the exclusion of everything else. You could work Circles around everyone else all of the time and have the best production, efficiency, experience, loyalty, accuracy and attitude... but if you miss a few Days due to Illness, they'd let you go and keep a Slacker that just shows up every day and does fuck all.
And that upsets her coz some who aren't good Workers got a better Review coz they don't have Health Issues, but aren't good at their Jobs. And she's always being asked to help them finish their Work coz they're too lazy or slow to get it done. And she gladly helps everyone out without complaint. And she's a very diligent Worker even when she isn't getting Paid to do somethint, she'll give 100% all of the time and be more conscientious than anyone usually. Especially more than any Gen Z's typically are. After all, she was Raised by Old People so what we instilled was different than most of her peers the same Age as her.
So, right now she's unhappy about Work and her Boyfriend, so I feel bad for her. She has legit reasons to be upset with both actually and we've talked about it. No Job is perfect and no Person either, but you have your Standards and what you're willing, or unwilling, to tolerate with each. Her Employer did give her a Free Lunch from "Chick-Fil-A" for her Birthday Month and a little Tiara to wear. They do that every Month for whoever has a Birthday that Month, tho' the Men don't get Tiaras... LOL. It's a nice gesture and she did appreciate that, took the Edge Off her not getting a Perfect Review.
She's a Perfectionist so she wanted top Marks for everything and that's difficult to attain, usually they'll find something to improve upon even if you're their best and brightest. She's Young, first Job, so she personalizes it more than it is. Half the time it's not Personal, it's just Business. And I told her, about Management, Listen, you're a Minion, so even if you know something isn't being run or done Right, NOT your Problem. It's their Ship to either Sail it or Sink it, if you think the Ship is going Down and having a Titanic Moment, head for the Life Rafts early and first, and get yourself off a Sinking Ship is my best advice. If they lose their best and brightest people, it will suck to be them is all.
So, we'll see how her Relationship and her Job play out, but, I can tell that right now, both are problematic for her and she's not one to tolerate anything being a problem for long. I feel bad for her, coz she's a good Girlfriend and a good Worker, so having problems with both thru no fault of her own must be frustrating as Hell. Her Birthday is coming up this Month on the 22nd, I'd Hate for it to be spoiled by Issues of Life plaguing her during a Celebratory time coz she's turning 21, which is a Big Deal and Milestone that should be Memorable in all the best of ways. I know her Gay Boy Posse will indulge her tho', so, there's that... Timmy and Matthew won't let her down and she rarely has Issues with either of them, they Gel well. Timmy has a lot of Drama and Issues with his Boyfriend... Matthew has wisely stayed unattached. *LOL*
Matthew is the Brainiac Nerd of the Trio and is enrolled in College on a full boat Scholarship, he's super Intelligent, so he's at NAU up near his Rez most of the time now, but comes down for visits and Special Occasions. He will come down for her 21st Birthday for sure. I'm sure he's had to hear an earful from both Princess T and Timmy about Rusty {who he and Timmy knows and were Friends with too}, and Timmy's Mister Wonderful, who both he and Princess T do not like at all. I met Mr. Wonderful, weak limp handshake, but Tall, Dark and Handsome, seemed Polite, Quiet, Insecure and Introverted, whereas Timmy is the opposite and a total Extrovert, not Quiet, and is Confident and well liked. They have been together tho' as long as my Granddaughter and Rusty have been a Couple, going on 3 Years now.
I just don't know if either Timmy or Princess T is with the Mr. Right for either of them frankly? I like Rusty, helluva Nice Guy, hard Worker, very Quiet and Introverted, but his particular Strengths that she likes don't make up for his Weaknesses that drive her Crazy... and that's a Problem. She Values Honesty and he has trouble with the Truth it seems and so his credibility is always in Question and I can see where that would be Problematic and a Deal Breaker if someone Lies habitually about even stupid stuff that doesn't even matter. Why? Is it Defensive Lying coz you think The Truth would be more uncomfortable or problematic, coz, it rarely is.
Most of us can Handle The Truth, but Lying, well, can you Trust a Liar? No... in a Word. Coz everything coming out of their Mouths then becomes Suspect, is it a Lie, a Story, a stupid Fib, a Fabrication, Bullshitting, being Evasive, an Embellishment? I prefer The Truth and so does she, less complicated, nothing to then Hide. A Liar has to have one Helluva good Memory not to be caught out in the Lie too, with the Truth, it's always the same and never wavers, coz, it's fucking TRUE. And she has one of those Memories like a Steel Trap, so she will remember what you said before and it better Square with what you're saying now. Or you will have a Situation and a Confrontation about it. And now it's ON my Friend!
She will dredge it up what doesn't match up and now she's Questioning ALL of it! So... it was a Lie... now what else have you Lied about?! You get the gist... the Interrogation now begins and it will be relentless, you'd be better off getting Water Boarded by the CIA. *Smiles* And she is Merciless about what punishments will be exacted for Lying to her or Wasting her precious Time with you if you can't get your Shit together. She knows he Loves her, that's not in Question, never has been, but Trust is now broken over mostly silly stuff, but, broken nonetheless and Earning it back, well, I don't know if he even can now that he seems incapable of sustained Change to alter what he now knows is a Deal Breaker in their Relationship. And Heartbreak is hard for each of them and I see it coming and looming large.
And when you have a Heartbroken Young Loved One you know how hard that is for the rest of us, who Hate to see them going thru all of that. And have to pick up the pieces of their Shattered Emotions... fuuuuck!!! I had thought they were back on Track, he even spent a Fortune on some new Hand Embroidered Jeans from the Orient that just arrived, for part of her Birthday Pressy and she was so Delighted with them. Now I'm wondering, will she set said Jeans on Fire... or still wear them? Your Guess is as good as mine!!! Oh, and Sayde has been spending the past Two Nights here and not leaving, her Car has been in my Driveway 24-7 for the past Two Days, so I don't know what the Hell is going on in the Art Studio? Don't wanna know really...
The Son and I speculated, mostly in Darkly inappropriate Gallow's Humor coz we're both Sic like that... on what Arrangement that might be, perhaps a Menage A Trois they're developing, shit, we dunno? I don't wanna know. He don't wanna know, but the Imagination does run a bit Wild. Mebbe they'll all get their own Place together and live Happily Ever After as a Threesome. Tho' Living Together didn't work out quite so well when it was her, her then Boyfriend Ian, and The Grandsons. But, that was when Allen was very jealous of the Relationship his Husband had with the Girl. Now perhaps they've worked around that shit of them both liking him and jealousies cast aside, Three Crazy folk just getting along and doing Life and Love Together, what could go Wrong? *LOL, the Imagination runs Wild yet again on that Question!*
Listen, if it Works Out tho', that would be great, I'd get my Art Studio back and have one less Loved One to be Caregiver of... and they'd be doing them Independent of us. Win-Win. I've heard the Word Polyamorous from my Grandson before, so... he'd be Down for that I suspect??? Whatever floats your Boat among consenting Adults. *LOL* Allen wants a Family and of coarse, he and his Husband aren't Breeders. I was rather relieved about that actually... and even with that Trio, I'm thinking, probably still not a good Idea to be... what kind of Crazy, but Good Looking, Grandkids could come of those Unions, I don't even wanna think about actually. It's just a lot of Crazy Genes mingling IMO. But she has no Kids and I don't know how she Feels about that now she's in her later 20's? Tick-Tock and all that. At least they'd be Cute. *LOL*
Allen has a VA Disability Check and a good Job, Sayde has a Job, if The Young Prince Qualifies for his Disability Check, they could make it financially and afford their own place I figure. I'm looking at the Silver Lining of even that Black Cloud coz it is a lot of Crazy Cohabitating, but would kind of be like their own Group Home, it could Work. *Winks* Allen in a hard Worker and good at what he does, with Sayde, it would alleviate the Caregiving aspect a lot coz she's very Nurturing towards The Young Prince even tho' she has her own Mental Health Issues, they tend to be on the same Alternate Reality and Plane they Exist in at least. I know it's not a Planet I'm familiar with or from... it's Out There and pretty Spacy. *LOL* There are times I've looked at each of them and thought, you're not From this Planet, are you? They have probably never had a Relationship with Time, ever! *Winks*
Speaking of Time, and Relationships with it, I took a Deep Photo Archive Dive back about a Decade ago for Blog Fodder Imagery since I'm really Light on it right now that is Fresh. And, frankly, the Past had more Eye Candy in the Industry IMO, and I really miss those heydays of it and all the Shops and Events that no longer are, or have scaled way back and are only a remnant of what they once were. So, a lot of these are from the "Rusty Saturday" heyday when they had a Brick & Mortar Shop and Event of their own called "The Salvage Yard" and many of my Industry Friends Partnered with them for the Event and to Rent Space in their Shop, so it was like a Big Family that now is scattered to the Winds these days. Interesting how I can look at an Image from a Decade or more ago and know exactly what I was doing that Space in Time and whose Inventory it is, what the Event was like, who was there, what we did... Good Times.
Times have changed, the Industry has been hit hard by it, as has all Small Indie Businesses and Vendors, most clinging to what's left of it. A shame coz AI cannot replace the Creativity of these folks and what they do, what they Source, AI is only a copycat of what it's Programmers have exposed it to that already existed. I don't like Deep Fakes, never have, never will. I like One of a Kind Original Ideas and Product best of all. That's not exactly a Venture Capitalist Moneymaker so they'll never fund that. And I don't Care that they don't so long as they don't drive it all out of Business with their Bullshit that I'm not at all Interested in. The Son was Laughing his Ass off this Morning coz an AI/Bot Call came in from my Truck Dealership.
When I know I'm not speaking with a Human, I verbally abuse the Hell out of AI/Bots, am Rude and Insensitive as Fuck, coz they're not Real, they're not People, and... it's Fun. Coz I Hate them and I refuse to Deal with any of them. Do you know the AI/Bots actually act and feign like they have Feelings and get Offended when you tell they to Fuck Off, you're not Real and if you don't give me a Real Person, I'm hanging up, you're irrelevant to me and I don't use you. *Bwahahahaha* So, anyway, waiting for Nissan to respond, since sometimes they do Record the Calls to see how it's going. *LMAOROTF* This Nissan Bot was trying to convince me 'she' could be more Helpful even tho' 'she' knew I wanted to Speak to a Representative.
They are persistent... but then they just irritated me more... I don't want your Help, you're not a Real Person, you're not Helpful, don't have your Humans call me anymore, you just piss me off, I'd disassemble you or unplug you... mebbe set you on Fire... and then I Hang Up. *Winks* The Son was Laughing so hard he was Crying. He said it never gets Old to hear me Abuse Technology I abhor. I mean, there ARE Humans I'd like to get that Abusive with who are Idiots and equally annoying, but I Respect their Humanity and their Dignity... I don't have to Respect a fucking Robot or Artificial Intelligence, so, it's actually a nice Release to fuck with it on purpose any time they Call, or I get one when I Call for Customer Service. *Smiles* When I do finally get a Human from their Company I tell them, don't have those Bots try to talk with me, I'll Abuse them and then hang up every time, got it??? If they Value my Business, they'll take Note. *Winks*
Consumers hold the Power, if we boycott Companies who displace or abuse their Workers and replace them with AI and Bots, then they lose Revenue and it's no longer Cost effective or Profitable. I do what I can to that end. I wanna be part of a Solution, not part of the Problem enabling this Fuckery. And I'm Retired, if I were still a Working Stiff, I sure as Hell wouldn't enable or Support what was coming for my Job and the Jobs of everyone I know or exploiting them. But, everyone has to do whatever they Feel is Right. But when it all goes to shit, I will sit back and say, well, that could have been Solved, if, as a Collective, The People used their Power against what is coming for them and will upend Life as they know it and threaten their Security or very Existence. To see Injustice playing out and do Nothing, or Support it, is complicit. I will Rage Against the Machines, even if I'm a Still Small Voice that will.
Now, if they Tax the Hell out of the Machines and those that use them to replace Employees... and distribute that generated Income to those who it all Displaced, or every American to make our lives better and improved, as a Basic Universal Income, I'll be fucking Cool about it then, but not until then. Share the Wealth Motherfuckers or just Fuck ALL the way Off. The Kiddos, my Friends, and The Man know how Militant and Anti-Establishment and against the Status Quo Fuckery I have always been, so they're not Surprised I react with hostility towards it all. Even when I was a Corporate Executive, I was like that and when I'd get the Executive Bonuses if it was Cash rather than the Stock Options I preferred to receive in Lieu of Bonuses, was one of the few Supervisors that Voluntarily Shared it with my Staff, coz they were doing the Work and making me look good. My People Loved and worked their Asses off for me coz they knew I had their back and would go Toe to Toe in Battle up the Food Chain if I had to for them.
If someone way higher up the Food Chain felt some kind of way about that, I'd tell them, well, I wasn't looking for a Job when I found this one coz you called me to come work for you. So, if you Feel you can find someone who can and will do it better and kiss your Ass instead, by all means, Hire them. But, I'm not that One, just so you know. I never got Fired, never got Reprimanded, I was never Insubordinate, but I was nobody's Lackey, Cock-Sucker, or Sycophant... plenty of them around to replace me with if that's what you want or think you Need. I guess they chose not to tho' and they knew I was a Fixer, and Solved a lot of the Problems they had Created for their Companies, so, it was just easier to Play me Soft rather than Hard. And some of Capitalism is good until it runs Amok and hurts the Normal People. And it is... and Yang calls it "The War On Normal People" and Wrote a Book about it, that's Spot on from an Insider's View of it all.
Coz, at my Core, I'm just a Chill Old Hippie who never wanted a Title, I'd of been Content living in a Commune and making my Art without a fucking Care in the World or any Stress or Societal Bullshit actually. Around other Kindred Spirits that are all about Peace, Brotherly Love, and Kindness prevailing in how we treat one another. But, if the Establishment threw enuf Money at me, becoz they Valued what I COULD do for them if they got me to Play and Solve their Problems, I'd let Dark Dawn be Dominant on The Job, and Dawn of the Light would be who was in my Private and Personal Life and Sphere of Meaningful Influence, People I actually Care about and Support with that pile of Money and Options provided.
I like Options, I like Money, coz it Buys more Options. *LOL* So, yeah, I'd Play their Game until I didn't want to anymore. And I Played it well and to my Advantage, if I do say so myself. Coz I didn't take myself or them all that Seriously. So, give me any reason to say Fuck all the way Off. *Ha ha ha and Winks* Do you know upon each Retirement from my Corporate Lives I was the only one neither gave an Exit Interview to? Wanna know Why? They already knew exactly what I Thought, and where I Stood, coz I kept it 100% during my whole Tenure. So, in my Case, an Exit Interview was never even necessary and many times they Paid me Handsomely to come in as a Temp Consultant when things got all Fucked Up again and needed sorting out.
But, I was Done with being Employed, so I'd always set Terms and Demands I thought they'd refuse, coz it was a ridiculous amount of Demands and Insane Terms. But, they Paid and Honored them, just goes to show ya how Valuable Solving Problems CAN be once they desperately Need Solutions and will actually implement them. *Winks and Laughs* America's current Problems CAN be Solved if the Right People are in Leadership. We have a Wealth of very Brilliant People in this Country who can Lead and Solve Problems, haven't been Bought and Paid for to be Slaves to Corporate Mega Donors, Super PACs and Billionaires.
Some of them actually have enuf Money of their own they Earned, so aren't Interested in Enslavement to anyone for a few more Bucks, or even a lot more Bucks. They actually Care and can put Country above their Politics or a Party. We're not exactly Voting for THOSE People tho', even if they throw their Hat in the Ring to Run for Office. It's unfortunate. America seems to want an Outrageous Personality, a Showman, to be Entertained instead. And here we now are.
A Total Clown Car filled Administration, so over-the-top and Tone Deaf, the Theft and the Grift and brazen Corruption, I wonder who has an Appetite for that? I mean, at their Core, Who? We need to leave behind the Extremists, that small group on each Side that are not the Majority. But they concentrate Wealth among themselves, those Authoritarians and Oligarchs, and thus extraordinary corruption ensues. And there are Leaders who could replace that. BUT for the Overton Window isn't quite in Range I think!!! The Overton Window is the range of Political Ideas and Public Policies that Society finds acceptable at any given time. The acceptable range is what Politicians can support in Ideas and Policies inside this Window without looking too Extreme or losing Public Support.
Ideas and Policies outside that Window are perceived or viewed as Radical, Fringe, or just unthinkable and too extreme for Public Discussion. Even if it would actually Solve a serious Problems will not even matter without the Public Support to implement it and embrace it. So, that Overton Window is important to consider. Radical Reactionary Politics can be Good or Bad. We're clearly not all there yet to Support what will Work... to be Solutions Oriented... and so it is how it currently is... Based on Image and not Reality.
Tho' I personally can embrace even extraordinary and Radical Solutions, if they Work, I fucking Work them, Support them, Problems get Solved. Just like Social Security going broke, it doesn't have to, the Solution has always been there, is Simple, and just not implemented by Leadership on either side. They're both Guilty and why we Need something New... the Two Party System isn't working for the Majority of us anymore... we are Non-Partisan or Anti-Partisan and fed up with Partisan Politics putting Party over Country and lacking in Patriotism.
*******
Well, that's all Folks... Dawn... The Bohemian

































This is one of the most complete and longest blog posts I have read today. All your photos are cool and stunning, and only a few of them are spooky or creepy. It's a privilege to be here and read your post again, my friend. Happy Friday from Indonesia!
ReplyDelete