Monday, July 27, 2026

Venture Capitalist Politics



 Just Gellin' on this Saturday, too Hot to venture out there and it's humid too, so suffocating out there and Extreme Heat Advisories in place.  The Man clogged the Master Bathroom Toilet again, but this time with having our own Toilet Snake I had invested in last time he did it, The Son got it unclogged within Minutes.  He and The Daughter have done Plumbing Jobs before so know how to use all that kind of stuff effectively to save on Hiring someone who'll only do the same thing and charge a fortune.  With his Dementia we weren't sure what he's putting down the Toilet and so I go over with him what to use and how much of it to use in case he's just Forgetting?  You don't consider what all they simply forget or get confused how to do without assistance.  And when he was in there a long time with the Door Closed I knew something was up.  *Eye Roll and Le Sigh*




He wouldn't come out of there, so he was like a Child who'd done something naughty and was hiding.  So hadda coax him out of there and say our Son would handle it, don't worry about it.  He hovered around nervously until we assured him it was now fixed and to just use less TP next time, the amount he'd used was ridiculous.  The Son looked at me and Grinned, you have to develop the Dark Gallow's Humor.  I thought we were going thru TP rapidly, now I know Why.   I have even kept a bunch of those Cloths that the higher end Car Washes give out, you find them everywhere discarded when you're doing Environmental Cleanup.  They're usually Royal Blue, some are other Bright Colors and they're like very soft Facecloths.  When there was that TP Shortage during Pandemic, they were invaluable to use and launder in place of TP that wasn't always available.  I now keep a large stack in the Bathrooms and Kitchen for all kinds of cleaning uses, very handy.  So, anyway, another clogged Toilet disaster averted.  *Whew, Sigh of Relief*




I didn't really want another Problem to address with Home Repair Issues.  It's been expensive enough and with Home Ownership, you all know it's always something to keep them Maintained and Repaired.  With the Affordability problem with this Economy and nothing being done about it, it makes it more sacrificial to come up with what the expenses are.  I usually do a lot of preventative maintenance and also Home improvements.  But now, due to Costs and Financial strains, we're barely running damage control behind emergency unexpected repairs and necessary maintenance that we don't have the Money for Saved Up anymore to cover.  I don't wanna take on more Debt.  We already had to have more than I'm comfortable with for necessary Emergency expenses too high to pay Cash for that have to be done and can't be put off at all.  You can only Budget for so much tho' on a Fixed Income and I'm responsible about Financial matters and serious about Budgeting with fiscal responsibility being a high priority.  I try to live below our means.



 

I took a long Nap and The Son asked me when I woke up if I'd take him to his Dollar Store to Shop and to a Super Wal-Mart to Shop and see about getting an inexpensive Phone and Plan.  He has that Free Phone but it is not one to have a lot of Data and really is more for Emergency usage by those who have no Phone.  When he was Unemployed it helped but now he's Employed even how much his Employer calls him on it was using up all his Data.  So, he got a $60 Phone from Wal-Mart that came with the 1st Month worth of Service and is Month to Month.  Doable on his Minimum Wage Part Time Job.   But it took over a hour for them to activate it for him and I started not feeling Well.




I was up near the front of the Store, he was in the back in Electronics, waiting on him.  I suddenly felt like I might pass out and got dizzy, same symptoms Princess T had at Work, it was Weird and sudden.  Like her, I had to sit down immediately, when meant on the Floor.  And I was by the Eyeglasses Vendor, so that Young Woman rushed over to me with a Chair to sit in and the Two Greeters, a Young Guy and an Older Guy, rushed up, one with Water, the other asking if I was Okay?  I wasn't Okay but didn't want them calling the Fire Dept. or Paramedics and just told them I'm Diabetic and would eat something I'd just bought.  That I was just waiting for my Son who was getting a new Phone in the back of the Store.  I called The Son to tell him to hurry up, I was Unwell and needed to get Home, so he had them rush his Phone activation along, he said they were also very nice about it.

 



He used to work at that Wal-Mart about 15 Years ago.  I must say the Trio of Workers there that saw I wasn't doing Well were so quick and attentive to come to my aide.  It was a bit embarrassing, but they kept an Eye on me until The Son got there.  I drank the Bottled Water they'd given me, ate one of the Tapioca Pudding Cups I'd just bought, and drank a Bottled Coffee I'd just bought, which helped so I could drive us Home.  *Whew*  I don't know if it was the Heat, it was 115 and Humid, coz my Diabetic Numbers were 149 and Normal when Tested.  Or, if whatever Princess T has is contagious and not Allergies after all?  She's still Sick with it so good thing her Work insisted she stay Home a couple more days and she has her Two usual days off added to that time, so will have had 5 days off to recover from whatever it is.  She still looks and feels dreadful and so do I actually.  It's a Weird sensation, like you can't stay conscious and feel very dizzy and weakened, so you have to sit down, lest you fall and hurt yourself.

 



The Son made us a nice Dinner when we got Home of Teriyaki Chicken with Jasmine Rice and 3-Cheese Garlic Bread Knots... excellent.  It's some of those prep Meals that takes 3-5 Minutes coz everything is prepped.   The Bread Knots take 4 Minutes in the Oven and are Baked in their Bag, they are SO good and I got them on Sale at the Wal-Mart.  I will remember the Brand and get them again.   The Teriyaki Chicken are some of those Meals I got on Sale at "Fry's" Grocer marked down.  I had gotten about 5 different kinds of them and am so impressed, we'll get them all again, every one has been impressively good and so quick to make.  The Jasmine Rice is the Boil in a Bag that Cooks in 5 Minutes too.  I've been getting more of those pre-prep foods so that even The Man or any of the Kids can make them and in a hurry, with little to no mess either, so clean-up is minimal.   For anyone Young and inexperienced or not a good Cook, or anyone Working, they are invaluable and such good quality that it was surprising.





All of the Meals have been a Brand called "Kevin's Natural Food" and the Bread Knots are by "Marketside", I'd highly recommend both, especially for Seniors or those on a Budget who want a quick and easy Meal that will feed 2-4 easily and quickly, that is as good as a Restaurant Meal.  The Kevin's Brand are all Heat and Eats with Natural Ingredients and I'd never had before I got them on Markdown at my Grocer, but even full price they'd be well worth it IMO.   I've linked to the FB Page of the Brand, I'm very impressed and so is my Family, we'll definitely be trying more of their Line now and stocking our Freezer with it.  There's so many different flavors of Chicken and Beef Meals in the Line, and Breakfasts as well as Lunch and Dinner Product.  We've tried 5 so far and Loved each one so I'm definitely gonna buy all the others and try them out too for variety and see which ones we like best.  The Chicken Lemongrass is heavy on Garlic, so not like the Vietnamese Version that is heavier on the Lemongrass, but it was still very good. 



 





Their Curry Style Thai Coconut Chicken is as good as what I get at our fav Thai Restaurant.  The Teriyaki Chicken was great.  The Man had the Orange Chicken and really liked it.  The Cilantro-Lime Chicken very good.  So I wanna now try some of the other Chicken Meals and the Beef Meals that I haven't bought yet.   And those Bread Knots were a first try and we LOVED those too, got Two different Flavors of them on the Bakery Discount Rack at Wal-Mart for a couple Bucks a Bag, they make 10 good sized Bread Knots and are so soft, fresh and delicious, like Home Baked Bread seasoned beautifully, so they were a big hit as well with the whole Family.  We had the Knot Flavor below tonight, but I also bought the Tomato Herb, but they come in many more flavors and don't need refrigeration, bake in less than 3 Minutes in their Bag!  Don't worry, the Below Image was cribbed from Google, and my Knots didn't expire in 2022.  *Bwahahaha*   You can Thank me later if you find you like all of these Brand flavors of quick n easy inexpensive Meals too.






At The Son's Store he got a bunch of the Canned Reine Energy Drinks on Sale half off in various Flavors.   So they were like 61 Cents each.  All the Women who work with him seem to Adore him and that's good to see how well he gets along with all his Co-Workers, Young and Old ones.  There are a lot of Retired Women working there Part-Time, and of coarse a lot of Young People that it's their 1st Job.   His Manager clearly already relies on him a lot and I think they could end up promoting him and giving him full time Hours when they have the Hours to give.  They are a Fortune 500 Company, but, that doesn't always mean it's Shared high Profits with Employees.  Some of the Richest Companies that our Government Subsidize don't extend any of that to their Workers and many are on Part Time with no Benefits and on Public Assistance.  I think Employers like Wal-Mart and Amazon should not receive Tax Breaks if they're not paying their Workers enuf to Live on and then Taxpayers have to Fund Social Services for those obscenely Rich Companies Employees.





Most Amazon and Wal-Mart Employees are on Public Assistance and Medicaid coz they aren't Paid a livable wage or receiving Benefits, even when working Full Time.   A full 33%-48% of Amazon's Frontline Warehouse Workers rely on Public Assistance like SNAP and Medicaid.  And Wal-Mart won't even release the figures for how many of their Employees are on Public Assistance, we know its in the Thousands tho', for what Data has been Collected.   And I personally know firsthand that every individual who works for them that I have known, has been on Public Assistance, including The Son when he worked for them 15 Years ago.  It's why he never applied there when he was out of Work.  He worked his Ass off at a huge Super Wal-Mart Full Time and didn't make enuf to afford Healthcare or Rent and Food, as just a Single Man... so imagine those trying to support a Family with those Jobs!!!   So, Socialism for the Richest Corporations in America has been going on a very long time already.  It's just touted as a Dirty Word if regular folks receive it.






I think they're doing a Weekend At Bernie's with Mitch McConnell and can't even show Proof of Life.  His much Younger Asian Bride left for China just Days after he succumbed to whatever Emergency Services carted him away for, which, sounds really Odd a Spouse would do that if he was still among the Living IMO.   That slimy Bastard Scott Jennings and some others who are rabid MAGA apologists, who I can't stand when I see them on TV, are pretending they all Talked to him.  All suspiciously for 20 Minutes... exactly... 20 Minutes... ALL of them... what are the Odds that isn't a fucking bare faced Lie they should be Called Out on publicly?  *Eye Roll*   When was the first or last time any 3 or more people ALL just happened to talk to any One Person for exactly 20 Minutes each???  Of coarse, they couldn't Honestly say he Talked Back *Eye Roll coz Dead or Brain Dead folk don't*, and I guess you could talk to a Brain Dead person and say that's not a Lie.  *Bigger Eye Roll*






And if he is Alive still and able to perform any duties of his Position, then why NOT provide Proof of Life and Condition?  Just so the rumors and conspiracy theories don't run rampant, if you have proof and evidence to debunk something, well, shouldn't you just do it?   If there's nothing to Hide, why Hide it?   Why all the Secrecy, Smoke and Mirrors and Parlor Tricks or Political Theater?   To hold onto Power I suspect they would do a Weekend At Bernie's and prop up a Corpse, after all, they're propping up this Dementia addled President who is now falling Asleep all the time on Camera and in Public, at Important Meetings that shouldn't be a Snoozefest to him if he is cognizant and Aware he's even there!  He's wandering off and having to be herded back by Handlers or even other Foreign Dignitaries, it's humiliating, a Spectacle and a National Embarrassment. 







Listen, I have to do that with The Man, coz he's got TBI and Dementia. But he was Mandatorily Retired from the Military as 100% Disabled long before he was even as bad off as he now is and he's not as bad off as Donnie Two Dolls appears to be.   And he was deemed as no longer Fit enuf to keep Serving in the Military and forced into Retirement involuntarily, plus, he's not the fucking President!!!   This Prez should be Mandatorily replaced, period, he's never been Fit to be President and it's only worsening with each passing day that he is President.  Do you really think by any stretch of the Imagination or heightened Delusions that the next Two Years will be or get any better?   Seriously, and he's not the only one, several of the Bench of the Supreme Court and Congress should be put out to Pasture as well and Term Limits and Age Limits enforced, for the Good of All.   It's beyond ridiculous how long some have stayed well past their ability to Serve and make good decisions, they can't even make a good decision on when they should Retire!  So, clearly we have to make it FOR them!  You would for Grams or Gramps!





  
There are decisions I cannot and will not allow The Man to make anymore becoz he simply can't, it's not his Fault, but it could be risky if he did for himself or for other people.   And a lot of times they resist and do resent involuntarily being told someone else has to now do it for them or help them with important decisions and safety issues.   It's up to those around them to discern when an intervention is necessary if they are incapable of making that determination for themselves, it's irresponsible and neglectful if you don't.   When my time comes I do Hope someone Cares and Loves me enough to intercede if I'm incapable of recognizing it's necessary.  It's why we shouldn't have Geriatrics in our Politics well past their Expiration Date of Serving in that capacity.  Even with the best of Intentions, it can be disastrous, and with the worst of Intentions, even more disastrous!!!   We have entered into the Twilight Zone of the WORST of Intentions and how disastrous that is now playing out in Real Time for all of America!!!   And spilling out into the World due to us and that Negligence and Bad, Perverse and Corrupted Intentions!!!





And now for a few Memes you might find resonate with you too?







*******
That's all for Today... Dawn... The Bohemian


No comments:

Post a Comment

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl