Monday, August 10, 2026

How Habits & Mood Are Altered By Extreme Heat Advisories


 


I went ahead and Published Two Posts this Morning, I had plenty backed up Unpublished and the one that had Published first was a dud of a Post that I didn't even like, when I re-read it.  We're going Long with this one, coz I was Wound Up Tighter than a 7-Day Clock, Sorry!!!   I can sometimes tell where my Head Space was at when I re-read a Post, or even when I'm Writing one, and my Head hadn't been in a good Space clearly that day!  *LOL*  I apologize for any Posts like that where it was more Therapy and an Emotional Release for me than a good Read for you all.  *Sorry... Smiles and Winks*   No sense deleting them once they Publish, they can be Purged a bit later when nobody much has Read them.  Now a popularly Read Post I keep up longer and don't Purge right away, but those with less Statistical evidence of popularity, in the little Trash Can Icon that Deletes them it goes.  *Ha ha ha*




My Brother called this Morning, it wasn't a Happy conversation coz we talked mostly of his declining Health and grim prognosis, his recent Surgery that lasted from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and wasn't successful at all!!!   And then our Dying Cousin on the Rez and how piss poor the managing of an outbreak of Tuberculosis on the Rez has been.  At least now they're all getting Tested, but the fact anyone whose been around her for the PAST THREE YEARS is being Tested means, it's an Advanced Case of the Disease and they should have probably done something like this Three fucking Years ago.  Since several of the Family Died within the past Three Years, my Brother and I wonder if they all had undiagnosed TB and were just left to spread it and Die?  We're quite cynical about how the American Government has been Historically towards the Indigenous... attempted Genocide has been the Historic Track Record. 




And then we talked of Alcoholism, since, The Son had called his Uncle while Drunk one Night and that had been awkward.  My Brother knows that The Son and The Daughter are Alcoholics and didn't take my advice to never Drink the Fire Water.  He doesn't like to be around or talk to someone under the influence of Alcohol any more than I do, nor does his Partner, Marcie, so they told The Son to call when Sober only.  I will have to talk to him about it too since that Night I knew he'd been drinking and when he said he called my Brother, I thought, Ruh Roh, that couldn't have gone Well.  So, I'd tried to call my Brother after that and didn't get a response, so, knew he was likely upset to have had a drunken Call.  Nobody wants to Talk to or Deal with a Drunk... Nobody.   He's glad both of the Kiddos got Clean from Drugs, but like me, wishes they'd get Sober too.




He hasn't talked to The Daughter in a long while becoz she had her Uncle tell her never to call if she's been Drinking.   And when is she not Drinking?  So, she just doesn't call him to respect that boundary he's set.  She has to have at least Two Mike's Hard daily, just to Deal with her Mental Illness Demons and take The Edge off her constant Psychosis.  Psyche Meds would or might work better, but, she's not seeing a Shrink coz now they do it all by Telehealth and she's too Paranoid a Schizophrenic to Trust any Telehealth Calls.  She Imagines more people could be lurking about in the Room that you can't see on Screen, Listening in, or the Shrink might not even be wearing Pants and you wouldn't know it?!  *Bwahahahaha*  Funny, yet, these are things that make her legitimately Paranoid about Telehealth Calls so she refuses to do them and I can't blame her.  Who knows what's going on out of Frame during one of those Calls... REALLY?  *Winks*




Sorry if NOW you're wondering on your own Telehealth Call, is that Doctor wearing Pants... and who else is in the Room Listening in that I can't see?  *Bwahahahahaha*  I know during Pandemic when I had to do Zoom Meetings with Teachers and Administrators while Princess T was still in High School being allegedly "Home Schooled" by me, that sometimes I didn't get out of my Pajamas to do them.  *LOL*  I wear a T-Shirt and some Jammie Pants with Cute Graphics, so, whatever.  And I knew sometimes they'd be distracted by what was in the background coz Princess T later would tell me, when School resumed, that they thought our Home was Cool and talked about what had been in the Background.  And that if I took the Zoom Call Outside they could see Ducks floating by in our Back Pasture.  So they thought we had a Lake or Pond in our Back Acreage... but, it was just Irrigation Day and we Flood the Pasture, so it does attract Migratory Birds.  *LOL*




She HATED that they talked more about ME and our Decor, than about what the Zoom Meeting should have been the Focus of.  *LOL*  Your Gramma's Dreadlocks are so long and she's so Cool. {I often did the Zoom on the Floor and so my Dreads cascaded down to the Floor around me and did appear very Rasta-Rapunzel Like.  Ha ha ha}   Now, I don't know Why Princess T got Annoyed that her Teachers, IEP Team, Administrators and Principal thought I was the COOL Gramma?   I mean, I was flattered to hear it... I was one of the "Cool Kids"!  *Winks*  But, she countered with, "But Gramma, you're NOT SUPPOSED TO BE One of the "Cool Kids"... you're OLD!  And I get tired of all my Friends and Teachers always telling me how "Cool" my Gramma is!"  Okay then. *Bwahahahaha*  




 The things our Kiddos get embarrassed or annoyed about as we're Raising them knows no bounds, doesn't it... I'd of been an embarrassment if I was the "Uncool" Gramma too, Sure of it!?  *Winks and Laughs*  We're supposed to embarrass our Children and our Grandchildren, it's part of the Job and I took it seriously, clearly.  *Smiles*  Anyway, I preferred to be thought of and talked about as an "Old Cool Kid" and have Positive shit said about me by them, Right?  Better than folks saying Negative shit about you!!!  *Winks*   Anyway, now she's more used to it and she's Grown, so now she doesn't mind me being talked about flatteringly by her Friends and Co-Workers at SAVERS, she knows they all Like me and always tell her I "Smell Good".  *Bwahahaha*  That's better than someone saying you "Smell Bad" or "Smell Old", Right?  Or look Busted.  *Winks*




Today I should go pick up my Checks at the Antique Mall and bring in more Inventory but it got really Hot really early and I'd have to leave The Man here alone or drag him along.   The Son may be Home by Noon, but then I'd have precious little time between then and when I have to pick the Grandchild up from Work to get anything done at the Antique Mall... so, decisions, decisions.  I also toyed with going to The Gym, but that urge passed quickly after I fed the Wild Birds, Watered the Plants and Front Yard, and was drenched with Sweat coz it's not only Hot, but Humid... and Humidity in The Devil.   I don't know that it will be 118 again Today or not like it was Yesterday?   It was Scorched Earth Yesterday and all Week doesn't look much better actually.





 Officially they said it only got to 112, they were inaccurate and they always are about the "Official" and Recorded temperature which is always way lower than actual Recorded Temps everywhere around the City Unofficially.  For them to Officially call a Record Temp broken, it's Off the Charts Hotter than that Unofficially.  The Hottest Temp ever Recorded Officially, it was 122 on June 26, 1990... I remember it Well!  Unofficially it's been Hotter than that many times tho' and recently.  I don't have to go in to the Antique Mall early now coz the Manager just called me to ask if I could work a Shift Tonight for my friend Brigid and I said I could.  Since I needed to pick up my Checks anyway and bring some Inventory in, I'll now just wait for Tonight instead since I'll be Working 5-9 now.  I've missed Working and seeing Friends there, I've been Isolating too much and Seniors shouldn't do that, it's detrimental and quickens cognitive decline.




I do have a full House here, but it's all Family and you really do need more exposure in general Public to not become de-socialized.  Which is really easy to fall into the habit of as you get older and just don't go out as much or mingle and socialize as often anymore.  I do more things Solitary now and don't mind doing so, it's Peaceful and I don't always opt for Social Events very often.  I enjoy them when I do but limit it to perhaps just once a Month for an Hour or Two.  So, my Shifts that I fill in for Co-Workers for at the Antique Mall are Four Hours of being around People, which is beneficial and I do enjoy it.  I just don't always have the Stamina or Bandwidth to take on Regular Shifts of my own so prefer to just be a Call In to fill a Shift for someone who didn't show up or is on Vacay, Sick, had an Emergency, whatever.  I live close by so can get there within 20 Minutes.  You can not really get anywhere in the City quicker than that due to Traffic.  *Le Sigh*




My Friend Kim, who Owns "Sweet Salvage", the Event I attend and Cover Monthly, asked if I have Pixs of their very 1st Show?  Which I'm sure I do once she gives me the exact Year, Day and Month.  Then I can pinpoint which Folder of Photos in Archives to check for them in and then send them to her.  I think I've only ever missed a scant few Shows in all the Years they've done them.   And I used to go to her Brick N Mortar Store back when she and Katie had that Store before they began the Occasional Monthly Four Day Events.  That had become a Thing Nationwide and Phoenix had been Late to the Party so Kim & Katie, then Partners, decided to do the First one Locally and it was a Hit from Day One.   Kim is Brilliant at Marketing, Styling, Hosting such a thing, and has so many Cultivated Relationships in the Industry, so got everyone on Board at once time or another to be a part of it.  Katie and I have a similar Aesthetic and when she came out with a Clothing Line too I bought quite a bit of it coz she and I wore the same Size.




I knew the 1st Event was right around my Birthday and sho' nuff it was August 18th, 2011, my Birthday is the 16th, and my Memory served me Right that it was Summer of 2011.  I remembered coz Princess T always went with me and she was around 6 Years Old at the time.   I ended up with 30+ Pixs I sent to her to see if she could use any of those from the 1st Event?  I've included many of them in this Post to Re-Share again. I'm sure I have more, since, in the Early Days I'd sometimes be able to go all Four Days and Cover it for Social Media.  Back then many Bloggers Locally did, but now none do and I'm the only one I know of that still does and my Industry Friends know that and appreciate it.  I think it's important to document Local Small Biz Events, promote them, and the History of them all.  So many no longer exist and all we have are the Memories and whatever Photos someone might have taken.  Few are as Pathological about taking random Pixs like I always have been tho'.  I still get Inspired by those early Images, Shows, Events and Shop Vignettes.   The Chair above is part of a Set of Four, of one of the 1st Major Purchases from "Sweet Salvage".  So Old they are stuffed with Animal Hair and Straw!




And I really did bury Kim in an Avalanche of Nostalgic Imagery from the 1st Show once I opened all the Folders of Archived Pixs I'd taken at it.  I guess I went 2 of the 4 Days for that Opening First Show on the 18th and the 20th.  Back then there were so many places to go that you hadda Pace yourself and I'd cover all of them Downtown at once while I was in Central Phoenix.  Lots of my Friends in the Industry during that Era had great Brick & Mortar Shops all up and down 7th Avenue from Indian School Road all the way to Camelback Road.   So you'd literally spend a few Days covering it all.  Now, so few are left and hanging on that it really makes me Emotional sometimes of what has been Lost.  What remains is still good, but the heyday was the absolute best and had the most Salvage and Vintage Era Items up For Sale, and Unique Creations that were OOAK and not Mass Produced or just Imports.  Tho' in those days the Imports were Killer too, from 11 different Countries all across Europe that my Friends purchased direct and shipped back from Pickin' all across Europe.




Back then they also Picked all across America as well and attended all the Famous American and European Flea Markets and Shows.   Now nobody can afford to do that and so lots of things happened along the way making Importing risky, expensive and sometimes impossible.  And Traveling the Countryside even here at Home in America, became also risky, expensive and sometimes impossible as well.  Very few do it anymore.  Those who can and do really have to ask Premium Prices so Bargain Hunting for the rest of us to get Primo items, is a thing of the Past really too.   Quality Merch now commands high prices I'm just not usually willing to pay and so I can see why it's not that profitable for the Sellers to even carry it anymore.   The evolution of the Industry is such that folks Buy what is affordable and usually even disposable or mass produced coz it can be had Cheaply and isn't a Financial Investment anymore.  It won't gain in Value, it never had Value.




My Fav Vignette of the First Show is pictured Below that Kim and Katie did, I still Own several pieces I bought from that Vignette and that Show.  All this time I had thought it was Katie's Vignette until Kim told me it was a collaborative effort of the both of them, so I'm glad I now know that.   Kim always had a more refined Aesthetic and Katie a more Bohemian one, so I'd just thought Katie had come up with it.  At the time it was very Magnolia Pearl Inspired and I was Buying a lot of Robin's Work {still do and Collect it, the Vintage Line of it}, so I was glad to see some Boho coming to Phoenix.  At the time most Aesthetic around Arizona leaned heavily into the Western Theme of Decorating and the Anglo Version of Native American Decor.  I knew from my Paternal Side that they made things for Cultural reasons and Ceremonial Reasons... and then they made stuff to Sell to the Tourists and Non-Indians, it's quite different and I can tell the difference.  Never much liked the Anglo Version of Native American Decor or Collectibles, it's not Authentic, but it Sells well to Non-Natives so that's why it was produced.

 



Anyway, the Birthday Celebration Event is in August for "Sweet Salvage" and I'm looking forward to it since it always falls on or around my own Birthday.   Not many of the Old Regulars attend anymore, I don't know what happened to most of them, but many were Older, so, I Hate to think they've Passed Away, but it is a possibility, or, they're now Housebound or don't do much anymore?   I don't do as much anymore either compared to previous Years, so, it happens.  And there were many who attended with other people and would never go just by themselves.  I prefer to do things by myself and just meet folks while there, but have my Freedom without an entourage in tow.   I'm kind of Selfish with my rare Free Me Time so I Guard it closely and don't Share it with anyone.  And I doubt I will anytime either.  Even when I go, I might spend 1-2 Hours tops and very little of that time is special Socializing much.  And then I'm Good for another Month.  *Smiles*    




I do enjoy everyone but it's Situational Friendships that I've had for Years and it's not like we ever meet outside of the Event and we probably never will either.  The exception is when I Sell to Industry Friends and Invite them over to Buy when they've asked me if I'm ready to open up my Private Collections to Sell Off some of it?   I don't have to and Primo Items I'm reluctant to Sell Off in the first place, and definitely not at Bargain Prices.  So, you'd have to Buy a lot at one time, Cash, for me to give you a First Cousin Deal on my best stuff.  I could Sell it myself for a lot more piece by piece in my own Spaces.  Yet, at our Antique Mall, the Primo items don't always have the Demographic coming in to pay what it's worth and I don't take Lowball Offers Seriously.  And you would Risk some Theft or Manhandling, so, it's something that must be considered.  To Sell things costing several Hundred Bucks or more there is Rare, people coming in generally don't spend that much even if they're Buying several items, let alone a single Primo Item. 




Anyway, it was Fun to do a Deep Dive into the Past for Kim's Photos of that 1st Event.   I had forgotten how Colorful some of the Styles were back then in 2011.  The Colorless Palette came later when that became a Thing, I liked it but tried it and found it impractical with a busy Household of Three Generations and Pets.  You can't keep it Clean enuf and I like Color in my World, so, tho' I can still Admire it if done Well, I don't want to Live with it in our Personal Spaces.  There are a lot of Styles I like or Admire, but I couldn't Live with on the Day to Day.  I know what I like to be surrounded by and I know it's not for everyone, but then, your Personal Private Space doesn't have to cater to anyone but you and your own Family Members living there. 




 I always find it Curious when someone visits someone else's Home and then says something to the effect of, they didn't like how it was Decorated or Styled.  We're talking about Clean and Styled Homes.   Coz, well, it's not all about YOU when you're a Guest anywhere.  Do YOU at YOUR Home, expect everyone else to do the same.  If a Home is Clean and Styled, then I can Respect however that Homeowner Decorates or Style their Personal and Private Spaces.  I don't have to Like it, I don't Live there.  And I can be Over the Moon about a Style or Decor that I absolutely fall in Love with and would like my own Home to resemble.   And, I've seen Shop Vignettes and Magazine Pages in Styles that I felt like I could just Move In and live like that!  *Smiles*  And each New Home has been a Blank Canvas to do something different to compliment the Style of the Home we've Bought, coz each has been strikingly different.




Anyway, Today while doing my Deep Dive to 2011 of an Event that has managed to Survive 15 Years and tough Economic Downturns, many Changes in Designers participating in it, the Owner Surviving Cancer, as well as a Pandemic, I'm reminded how much Time has sped by too.   And how few Businesses have Weathered all of the Storms or Issues of Life endured.   I'd like to see some resurrections of some of the Style Sensibilities of 2011 that the Event Showcased.  What's being done now has kind of been overdone even tho' it's Trending and Popular at the Moment.   I like some of the recent Trends but when you see it overdone and everywhere, you want to see something Fresh and different, even if it's been resurrected from a long time ago and given a Fresh Spin.  And some Bold use of Color is overdue to be an Option from all of the Natural Colors and Colorless Decor most Popular now.  I like Natural Elements and Naturalist Collections, I have them everywhere at Forever Boheme', so don't get me Wrong, and Sepia is my all time Fav Non-Color.  But some Bold Color would be a refreshing Change now.




I got a Black and White Leather Kenneth Cole Tote Style Fashion Bag priced and a 1990's Retro Print Hat, with the Two Vintage Dolls in the Lead Image to bring in to Inventory when I go into Work Tonight.   I could have gotten more Merch Priced but I don't have a lot of Space to cram it in there right now.  So I'm Okay with bringing in this small amount of Fresh Merch that I think will easily Sell.    I could have looked up Pokemon Cards but didn't feel up to Pricing more of those until I Sell Off some in our Locked Case that I just put in there the other day.  If you keep bringing them in then Customers come in more often, and often Buy more than just that if they've taken the time to come back.  So, it's a common ploy not to bring it all in at once and stagger stocking Fresh Merch so Customers will come in again and again more often. 





LATER: Work went well, they messed up coz apparently Brigid had called a Co-Worker Friend to ask if she'd cover for her and fill-in, the Friend agreed.  Either Management didn't know that and called me to fill-in when she called to tell them she was Sick, perhaps she neglected to tell them she had asked someone to cover for her already?  You're not supposed to do that, choose someone yourself to take your Shift, the Manager makes that Call, and he did when he asked me.  So, they couldn't send either of us Home, we'd already driven there, Gas isn't Cheap, and neither of us was willing to just go Home, so they let us both stay, not our Fault, either one of us.  It turned out good coz Judith didn't wanna stay and it is her regular Shift, so she took that opportunity to leave early.  There was now enuf coverage for her to leave, with the additional person filling in.  It was really busy too, lots of Customers coming in at the last Half Hour.  Lots wanting to see things in Locked Cases.




Yolanda had brought in Bo-Sa Donuts so I had one.  I don't usually like Donuts or Sweet things but Bo-Sa makes a really god not-so-sweet Donut.  I had a plain one with Pineapple filling and a crumble on top, tasted a bit like a Pineapple Upside Down Cake but lighter.  And someone else ordered Pizza for everyone, so there was Pepperoni from Little Caesars and I had a slice of that too.  I bought a Grey & White Rabbit's Foot Keychain from a New Vendor.  I have a Project I want to do to Decorate a Steer Skull utilizing it and some Pearls.   Kind of like what my Friend Heidi did with the Necklace but I want it on a Steel Skull as an Embellishment and to hang on the Wall.   There were actually a lot of New Vendors and they had done their Booths really nice and Showcased some decent Merchandise, so, I Hope they do well enuf to stick around.  It improves the Mall's Reputation when we have good Vendors who have Style, Merchandise well, and have Quality Inventory.



 

Some Vendors who do Season Themes already Decorated their Space for Halloween and I was enjoying that.  I did take some Pixs while on Shift Tonight.   And some Pixs of how Hot it was getting Today, we did break a Record.   Officially it was 117.  And it's supposed to be 117 again Today but the Record for Today was set at 119 some time ago and I doubt "Officially" it will get to 119, but "Unofficially" of coarse it will around the Inner City.   Anyway, I got all of the Yardwork done before 8:30 a.m. and The Son had worked on it last Night while I was at Work and cut all the Pasture in preparation for Irrigation coming at Midnight on Sunday/Monday to about 1:45 a.m. so we'll have a pitch Black late Night Rotation again.  We haven't had a good Rotation Time in ages.  But, The Daughter said if I come get her Today she'll come Home in time to Help me with Irrigation in case her Brother cannot?  He Works at 5:00 a.m. on Monday so I doubt he'll wanna do Irrigation from Midnight 'til almost 2:00 a.m. and then have to be in Work 3 Hours Later.

  




Princess T doesn't Work on Mondays so I can Sleep In after I get Irrigation done at least.  The Son said he'll Walk to Work so I don't have to be Woke Up just a few Hours after going to Bed after I get Irrigation Done.   Rob sometimes will Volunteer to help me since he's up doing theirs just before ours anyway.  He's got his faults but is a good Guy and a good Neighbor to us.   He's always liked our Family and gets along with us better than with his own Family, who are devout Mormons so don't like that he's an Alcoholic.  I understand, I told him I don't like that my Son and Daughter are Alcoholics either.  Rob is careful not to come around me if he's been drinking and is respectful of me not liking to be around anyone under the influence, he knows it's Triggering to me.  My Psycho Sociopath Ex Husband was also an Alcoholic and Drug Addict, so I just can't be around someone Using either or I get Triggered and get very agitated around them to where I'll react viciously.  In a Perfect World we'd never have to Deal with or be exposed to other folk's Substance Abuse Issues.






But, in this Imperfect World, sadly, Substance Abuse is on the rise and far too many folks are Addicted to Alcohol or Drugs, perhaps both.  I don't Care if it's Illegal Drugs or Prescription Drugs someone is abusing, it's all the same to me... the only difference is who their Drug Dealers are.   Some Doctors IMO are worse than the Pushers on the Streets who do it Illegally, becoz most Docs are Dealing Drugs to get people dependent upon them, Legally and with few, if any, Legal consequences of the harm they are causing who becomes Addicted and the collateral damage to their Families.   The Son and The Man for a time were both Addicted to Prescribed Opioids, neither one of them would have used Illegal Drugs Voluntarily.   I don't think a lot of Addicts wake up one day and think, well, let's become a Junkie and ruin my Life and the Lives of all my Loved Ones too.




 


But both of them sustained serious enough Work Related Injuries to require Controlled Substance Rx and became dependent upon it, then abused it after they got strung out on it badly by Doctors making too much of it available.   Then The Son's Insurance Cancelled when he lost his Job due to his Injuries from that Job and he started them getting his Opioids on the Streets and it got laced with Fentanyl!  He got Clean all by himself coz he knew he'd otherwise Die, coz every hit with Fentanyl is like playing Russian Roulette every single time and he'd OD'd Twice already.   He's been Clean now Five Years and I'm Proud of him for that.  He said he still has Nightmares about backsliding.   The Man got Clean when I told the VA not to renew his Pain Management Meds.  Then I got my Eastern Medicine Chinese Doctor to Cleanse his System of them, at great Cost Out Of Pocket coz Insurance will cover the Narcotics that are Addictive, but not Eastern Medicine to get you Well from the Western Medical created Addiction to Painkillers.  





 The VA had The Man on a Cocktail of Drugs that never should have been prescribed together:  Oxy, Morphine AND Methadone together!!!  Yeah, I'm no fucking Doctor but I knew that was irresponsible and a potential Death Cocktail, so I changed his Doctors at the VA several times when some just seemed to be overmedicating Vets and handing Addictive Drugs out like Tic Tacs.  So I do have compassion for people whose Doctors got them strung out and dependent on Addictive Medications that now they're struggling like any Street Junkie whose strung out on Illegal Drugs.   It destroys the Lives of many people and Kills so many.  I know a lot of Seniors who are Prescription Junkies.  And The Son said when he was a User, most of the Rx Drug Suppliers were Seniors Selling their Meds to supplement their Fixed Incomes, so the Drug Dealers were Old People in Retirement Communities that supplied the Pill Poppers.  I always found it Amusing then when Senior Friends would move to a Retirement Community saying it would be "Safer" from Urban Issues like Drugs.   Shit, that's where all the best Drugs are at and Junkies know it!






And when The Son worked at "Total Wine" he said their best and most Regular Customers were the Senior Community buying Alcohol, more so than any other Demographic.  And I don't doubt that at all coz most of my Friends who are Seniors drink quite a lot, it's why I don't hang out with them when Invited.  I don't wanna end up being the Designated Driver or have it be my Day to Watch Them and make sure they all get Home Safely and Alive after they've Closed Down a Restaurant and run up more of a Tab at the Bar than with the Food.  I literally had Managers come up and tell me they were glad when I would come to the Gatherings of some of my Senior Friends to their Restaurant, coz at least then I'd get some of them to Eat with the Alcohol they'd be consuming while there Socializing!!!   The Managers could see I'd only order a Diet Soda and something to eat while the rest would be kicking back Alcoholic Beverages one right after another.  





Finally, I just quit going and accepting the Invites.  Made me too nervous knowing each of them was Driving afterwards.  I don't wanna be complicit or having to give everyone Rides Home.   It's just not my Scene and I wasn't even Miss-Party-All-The-Time when I was Young and during my Wayward Youth... the Drug Scene and Alcohol consumption never was my Jam even then as a Young Hippie.   I can't say I wasn't Wild in other ways, but getting High or Drunk wasn't something I did or was even tempted to do.   And, I did know, that if and when I would partake of even a small amount of Alcohol, I was easily intoxicated and a Mean impaired individual, I'd Fight anyone even after a couple Drinks.  *LOL*   And who wants to be THAT Person?  I didn't and so I mostly abstained.  I'm also a notorious Control Freak and so I like to be in Control of myself, my surroundings, and my Behavior... impairment makes you more Out of Control and I don't like that at all.





The Son took us out for Breakfast to "First Watch" as a Surprise this Saturday Morning, which was nice.  This close to EOM my Budget for eating out is gone.   So, that was an unexpected enjoyable Morning.  We got there early before the Rush happens and went to the one a little further from Home coz the one closest to us always has long waits for a Table and it's too Hot to be piled up waiting.  There were a lot of Babies and very Young Toddlers there with Families so I thought Ruh Roh, coz many were seated right by us.   Adorable, but nothing can spoil a nice Meal like fussy Children who can't be comforted or whose Parents let them Scream incessantly or run around if they have mobility.   But, every one of those Kiddos was so well behaved you didn't even know there were over a Half Dozen Infants and Toddlers there!!!  *Whew* 






The Man ordered the Salmon Benedict, which, even tho' I don't like Salmon, it looks Sublime.  We forgot it came with Spring Mix, which, he won't eat and usually I remember to ask for a substitution like Potatoes or Fruit.  But, I took it Home for The Daughter, she'll be Home Today and she Loves Salads and I had Grape Tomatoes at Home and Ranch Dressing.  So, it wouldn't be Wasted.  I know it's risky right now to eat Salads let you get that Explosive D going around, so we'll wash it really well first before consuming any of it.  So far not many Cases in Arizona anyway of that.  And I'm boycotting anything Taylor Farms, it's the only way to hold such Companies accountable, since the Federal Government is rewarding such Behavior now by taking Bribes to cover up such things and not properly fund the FDA due to Worm Brain Roided out RFK, Jr. and his ridiculous Conspiracy Theories and Quack Medical Advice.  






We do currently have bad outbreaks of Measles in the State tho' and Kids will Die becoz their Families are rabid Anti-Vaxxers and would rather their Kids Die of Preventable Illnesses and Diseases once eradicated by Vaccines... and infect other Kids.  To me it constitutes Child Neglect and Ignorance, I feel sorry for the Children of Families who won't adequately Protect them, regardless of what they're Neglecting to Protect them from.   Becoz they ran with Low Information or Buy into Unproven Conspiracy Theories that have zero Proof, Evidence or Factual Basis, no Science behind it, but, they fully Believe anyway.   They also tend to be among the Election Deniers as well, where, if they Win it wasn't Rigged, but if they Lose it was Rigged.  Every single one of them who thinks the 2020 Election was Stolen coz our System is so Rigged, also doesn't Believe the 2024 Election was Stolen becoz of coarse it's not Rigged when all their Side Wins!!!   They Control everything right now but aren't Investigating the 2024 Election, or the 2016 Election, just the one they Lost Six Years ago!!!  That's just Crazy as Fuck.   Heads I Win, Tails you Lose, kind of irrational thinking.






Any of them that start Talking the Crazy Talk about Stolen Elections I just shut down immediately by saying, well, if you're Right about The System being Rigged, we should Investigate 2016 and 2024 as well then. Coz it's either Corrupt and Rigged, or it's not, you can't have it both ways.  So, let's begin Serious Investigations then into who Won in 2016 and 2024, I think that's a very good Idea in fact, if we're gonna Question and Debate only 2020, that is not Enough... we should Investigate ALL Elections then for the last Decade and see Whattsup?!  *Winks*  Did your Guy legitimately Win or was his Wins, both of them, Rigged too?  That always has them then sputtering and at a loss for Words coz they know they're just Talking Nonsense and some Bullshit.  Plus, I do like to Mind Fuck them, it's so Entertaining and Wicked Fun to... I Amuse myself at their Expense every time I get the chance to coz the Setup is so damned easy.   They rarely can Prove anything, or Win a Case, without Facts or Evidence to Support the Nonsense they Parrot all the time.


  



You can see that I had the Yogurt Granola Fruit Bowl with a Blueberry Muffin for my Breakfast.   The Son had some kind of Chicken Mexican Burrito Breakfast that I didn't get to Photograph.  He gave me his Side of Fruit that came with it tho'.   I had that Fav Honey Caramel Crunch Iced Coffee they make there.  And, since The Son had Hot Coffee and they serve it with a big full Carafe of it for his Refills, I made myself another Iced Coffee with the rest of that too since my Specialty Coffee doesn't come with Refills.   And their brand of Coffee Used is a really nice one and they have Three Flavors of Coffee Creamer at the Tables.   It was a nice Family outing with just the Three of us.  The Son is going out for a Luncheon later with a Female Friend of his whose picking him up for it later on.  He has Saturday and Sunday off.   Princess T has Sunday and Monday off.   I'm not sure, but The Young Prince and Allen had said they might get here by the Weekend, so, we'll see?   And The Niece is coming from Texas as well to Visit, so we'll have a Full House.  I'm looking forward to it.






I enjoyed Working last Night becoz I got to Socialize, with Co-Workers and other Vendors who'd come in that Night.  My Friend Crazy Ed was there working his Spaces, he hadn't seen me in a while and was glad my Medical Results came back good by Test No. Three.   Ed's a Dear Friend of mine and we really enjoy each other and understand each other's level of 'Crazy'.  Ed takes Meds for his and knows I Manage mine without Psyche Meds.  If he forgets his "Crazy Pills" I can tell tho'.  And he gets such a kick out of all the Residents here at The Asylum and our Stories, he says it's better than watching a Novella or American Soap Opera, coz you can't make these things up.  *Ha ha ha*   He calls The Daughter's Amusing Stories "The Tales And Trials Of Talana".  *LMAOROTF*  She's Amused by Crazy Ed and said for a Guy almost 80, he sure has Aged really Well, which he has.   He still moves all his own large Furniture, and only looks like he's in his early 60's.  But he's had a rough Year with his Health, which he said happens by the time you're nearing 8 Decades around The Sun.   It comes with the Territory but beats the Alternatives.





Kim was so Grateful for the abundance of Images I still had of their very first Event in the Summer of 2011.  I only kept Digital Photo Archives since the Summer of 2010, before that I didn't even Own a Digital Camera.   And before Digital I was more discerning about what Pixs I took coz remember back when you didn't know how they'd turn out and you'd have to pay to get them developed and end up paying for some shitty ones that didn't turn out?  *LOL*   And you couldn't Download to a Computer, or see your Pixs in Real Time.   I was fortunate that my Brother was a Professional Photographer and a lot of times he'd Develop mine for Free for me coz he knew how to run the Commercial Machines that did it and had access to them.   He always had his own Darkroom at Home too since it was his Livelihood.   And he had Contracts to Develop Photos for Crime Scenes, Stakeouts and such for Law Enforcement and Forensics.   He did a lot of Photography for Models, Weddings, Special Events, the Playboy Clubs, Car Shows, and of coarse Hollywood.  So he was always in demand before he got so Sick.





Now he does his Photography more as a Retirement Hobby since he's been Medically Retired now for a lot of Years and likes to Gift his Friends in the Industry with his Talents at Covering and Photographing them.  When he was so Sick a lot of his Hollywood and Industry Friends Donated a lot for his Treatments and continued Support so he is trying to Pay it Forward some for that Loyalty and Generosity extended.  A lot of his Celeb and other Influential Clients and Friends also ensured our Mom's Care when she required Long Term Care and then Hospice.   A lot of Hollywood's Finest are very Philanthropic but most do it Anonymously so you'd never know, they don't want or need to be Named for what they do with confidentiality and no accolades. 






  Numerous Prominent Hollywood Entertainers right now is on the Side of Righteousness against this Corrupt and Evil Regime too and being Outspoken and Fearless about confronting it.   And I know which ones stand on the Wrong Side of History too and pay attention to that, and cozy up to this Psychopath and defend his Actions and Criminality.   Irregardless of their Body of Work that I might have liked.  If they are MAGA and Support it, I Question their Character, Moral Compass and reasons for doing so?  Nobody gets a Free Pass just coz they're Famous and I like their Body of Professional Work over the Years.   And there are some Surprises, to be sure, whose Supportive of The Cult and are Donnie Two Dolls apologists and Fans of what he's doing and has done.  But they are way fewer than those Opposed, which is a good thing becoz Celebrity is a Powerful Platform in America.   And a lot of Americans are Star Struck and personally I think a lot bought into the Hype of Donnie's faked made-up Resume' via his Celebrity, that wasn't based on any Facts or Truth... about who he was or how he became Rich.






Anyway, Robert DeNiro, who I Admire as an Iconic Actor, has been extremely fearlessly Outspoken against the Regime, among so many others in the Entertainment Industry who are no Fans of Donnie Two Dolls or his Cabal of Vulgarians in Power.  And it's a long List, not a complete compilation, but just a few I know of: Johnny Depp, Mark Ruffalo, Rosie O'Donnell, Debra Messing, Tom Morello, Matt Damon, Jimmie Kimmel, George Clooney, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lawrence, Shakira, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Susan Sarandon, Ben Stiller, Don Cheadle, Eva Longoria, Trevor Noah, John Oliver, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Kerry Washington, Russell Simmons, Sarah Silverman, Stephen King, Bette Midler, John Legend, Miley Cyrus, Bryan Cranston, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Richard Gere, Elton John, Cher, Judd Apatow, Benicio Del Toro, Tyrese, Steven Hawking, T.I., Chelsea Handler, Mike Mills of R.E.M., America Ferrera, Michael Moore, Tom Hanks, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Samuel L. Jackson, Sean Penn, Leonardo DiCaprio.  I could go on and on actually, so many take bold stances Fearlessly.   I applaud them for Speaking Out and being Activists for Just Causes.





What I'm wearing Today to go to Work... and the evidence I need a Neck Lift.  *Bwahahaha*  This is the best I can manage at taking Selfies, I totally Suck at it and only recently learned how to make my Phone's Camera turn around and face me.  *LOL*  My Necklace matches this new Shirt I got at SAVERS for only $1.49 and I just Love the Print of.  My Earrings match the Eyeballs on the Fabric too.  It's a comfortable Cotton short Sleeve Shirt with a knotted Tie at the Bottom Hem of it.  And the Necklace I got real Cheap from our Antique Mall.  The Vendor had some of the best Stone and Crystals Pendant Creations on simple Chains for around Twenty Bucks each.   Trying to get a Closeup wearing it proved to be harder than I thought it would be, I'm just no good at Self Takes.  But, I'm Sharing my attempts regardless, these were the best of Four taken, the other Two were worse.  *Ha ha ha*  Mebbe I shouldda taken the Pixs of both the Shirt, Necklace and even the Earrings before I put them on?  *Smiles*  Oh well...





Below is what the Temps Outside are Today and it's not the Hottest part of the day yet.  *Whew*  Below that is what the Temp in the Truck was before turning on the Air Conditioner to Cool the Interior off... we're all Medium Rare now.  *LOL and Whew*   The Son bought me an Iced Caramel Macchiato from the Golden Arches on the way Home.  He'd gotten off Work 2 Hours early coz they had Inventory and he was used to doing Inventory at a Super Wal-Mart and a Big Total Wine, so a Dollar Tree Store was so easy for him he got it done in record time, his Boss was impressed and let him take a longer Break, then told him he could just go Home if he wanted to.  You didn't have to threaten him with a Good Time, so he accepted her offer to leave earlier.   









It was Unofficial of coarse but the Temperature Gauge on my Truck, even with the AC On reached 125 eventually.  I didn't manage to Photograph that Reading coz I was driving and not stopped.   But you can see the progression in the Trio of Pixs I did take of my Readings as Evidence of how high it was getting on Readings.   Officially it did break a Record, but the Official Temps are always several degrees below everyone's Unofficial Readings from our own Locations and what our Gauges and Thermometers are Reading at various Locales, which, is more Accurate that the Official.   Which is done at the Airport in an enormous Open Space over Grass.   In all Urban Environments and the density and built up of a Metropolis, it's much, much Hotter really and we all know it.  





 There were many times when The Man was still Active Duty, on the Flightline, when they could not fly the Jets coz the Temperature and the Air was too Hot and they wouldn't have lifted.  Birds can't get lift either at certain high Temps.   Anything over 110 can make flight dangerous or impossible.   I remember a Day when it was 119 and the Doves just sat right by you and never flew off, they just couldn't and wouldn't.   If you sat quietly in the Shade from that kind of Extreme Heat and the subsequent Warnings, Wildlife just quietly sat in the Shade with you, like, it's too damned Hot for us to even be Afraid of you right now.  *LOL*



*******
Try to Stay Cool my Friends... actually and figuratively... Dawn... The Bohemian

No comments:

Post a Comment

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl