Wednesday, April 17, 2024

No... This Isn't The T-Shirt Post... LOL

 



No, this isn't going to be The T-Shirt Post... even tho' I was promoting the Fresh Inventory I was bringing in of it with a shit ton of Images of them.  *Winks*   I'm not Photographing much else lately, since I've been rather consumed with Work... both here at Home and at the Antique Mall's New and Old Spaces.   So, I Hope you're not gakking at the saturation of Graphics found on Tees?  *LOL*   I Love Art and Junquing, so, combining both by looking for Interesting Art on T-Shirts to put into Inventory has been so much Fun.




  Doing it with the whole Family has been a Multigenerational activity we all enjoy doing.  Well, except for The Son, he Hates to Shop and told me no more Rick & Morty T-Shirts for him are needed now.  *Bwahahaha*  I even found another one in his Size and couldn't resist getting it {above}, but, he passed and said I could just Sell it.  He claims he doesn't need one of every Graphic they ever made... go figure!  *LOL and Winks*  In actuality he knows how Obsessive I am and he would indeed probably end up with an explosion of Rick & Morty Tees.  As a Minimalist he doesn't require that much Wardrobe to wade thru to find what he wants to wear daily.  He prefers a Simple Existence and Life.  *Bwahahaha*




Now, by comparison, The Daughter would like to liberate me of every Pot Graphic Tee I find and want to Sell.  Yes, I've found a plethora of them and they Sell well.  Today's Graphics are a Testimony to that MJ Graphics Tee Radar I seem to possess in Scoring them.  *Winks*   And, as an Old Dreadhead Vendor, the Stereotype exists, Yes it does, even tho' I don't partake.  The Customers see me and just assume all things MJ and Bob Marley will be available in my Space, and... I therefore will NOT disappoint them.  *LMAOROTF*   It's like when my Grandkids tell me everyone they know thinks it's total bullshit that their Gramma doesn't know where the Good Kush can be found and doesn't partake.  *Bwahahaha* 




This Graphic cracked me up since even if you're not High, the optical illusion makes these seem out of focus and moving.  *LOL*   And, this last Score of Tees they had some Benefactor who loaded the Chazza up with Marijuana related Donations.   It was the Motherlode of MJ Wardrobe and I snatched me up so much of it that the Kids working there who know me on a First Name basis were laughing their Asses off.  *Smiles*   Those Kids LOVE me and yell out my Name the moment I walk in and are truly delighted to see me.   They keep an Eye out for me of The Man too, so that he doesn't wander too far and wide whilst I'm Sourcing my Inventory.   I'm like everyone's Crazy Eccentric Surrogate Gramma I guess?   They've all Adopted me.  *Smiles*




 Now, Creep Factors...  when we were Photographing the Tee below, my Phone did the strangest thing and Creeped us Out.   So, I don't know exactly what the Graphic portrays or portends in Modern Counterculture, if anything?   But, didn't wanna risk Googling it either and end up on some Sinister Algorithm and be getting Feeds and shit on my Phone and FB Wall constantly.  *Bwahahaha*  The 2nd Photo of it didn't give me the Red Triangle... so... I'm assuming whatever happened with the first Photo attempt was an anomaly perhaps?  *LOL*   I've NEVER gotten the Exposure Triangle before, so it was just ominously Weird, huh?   Anyway, below is the 2nd Image, I Deleted the Red Triangle one, even tho' nothing seemed to be Wrong with the Exposure and Why the Graphic set it off is just Creepy as Fuck.  *Smiles* 




Listen, I knew Oseris is the Egyptian Lord of the Underworld and Judge of the Dead, symbolizing both Death and Resurrection.   Apparently it's also now a Skate Company and so perhaps this is just Skater Product and some Gen Z current counterculture fascination?   I knew it would Sell, I didn't expect the Creepy Thing happening when trying to Photograph it... but, I do like the Graphics and if it were in my Size, Yes, I'd wear it.  *LOL*   And anything Princess T or I would actually wear ourselves, is Sourced for our Peeps who Shop our Space now.   It's paying Dividends, so, we're on the right trajectory to attract our Tribe and our Customer that we Know and who Connects to us. 




So many of the Graphics I'd wear IF they were in my Size and Thankfully most aren't the BMW Size I'd need.   Now, if I lose a shit ton of Weight, we might have a Problem with that tho'.  *Bwahahaha*   But, I do Cull my own Wardrobe with regularity when I need BMW Size Merch, since, I do see a lot of Big Made Women out there who need Style and Swag badly!  *Winks*   Lord Jesus, some of them Gals are squeezing into shit that is many Sizes too Small for them and it's NOT a Good Look to have that much bulging out or being exposed when you're that Size!   You can be Big and still look Fierce, just make sure the damned thing Fits, Okay?  There's some Train Wrecks out there walking among us, what were they thinking when they got dressed in the Morning... do they not have Mirrors or someone to say something?!!!??  *LOL* 



  

And, Word Up, even tho' Lizzo has given you the Green Light to expose a lot of that ample Flesh to be Confident and Proud... mebbe it's not a good Idea for some of you.   What's Seen can't be Unseen my Friends!   Be Kind and Spare Others some Couch Time and their Eyes would'ya!  There are just some things we don't wanna or need to SEE, Okay?  *Bwahahaha*  Same with the Young Men out there still wearing their Pants down around their Knees or halfway down their Thighs.  Not only has no Woman EVER thought that was Hot... but, we also don't wanna or need to SEE your Junk and Chonies all on Display, no matter how Confident and Proud you might be about it Son!!!   If ya wanna reveal the Waistband coz you so Proud of the Brand you're Sporting, Fine, but keep it respectable and decent... Please!



Yeah, I will be that Grandmotherly Woman, who in my presence, will tell a Young Man to pull his Drawers up.  Since I seen enuf of all that in my Lifetime now and don't need or want to see his.  *Winks*   NO, it's not Swag and you just look ridiculous, even if the Young Gals won't tell ya, I'll tell ya, coz they Laugh about it amongst ourselves behind your Backs all the damned time... just so ya know.   And I could name some Haircuts too... the Edgar coming instantly to Mind... it's the Modern version of a Redneck's Mullet, but for Hispanic Men... don't. do. it!  You're NEVER gonna look back and say, that was my Best Look!  *Winks*   And, if we Love you, we're gonna tell you NOW!  *Smiles*




I've been Sourcing a bunch of these types of Graphics Tee and I would like to find some in my Size... but... no Luck so far... dammit!   They are by a Company called SHEIN, but Online Ordering shows me that their XL is their biggest Tee and their version of XL is not all that Large and certainly isn't EXTRA Large by any means.   I've Sourced them for Resale and frankly, perhaps it's Extra in China, but not for us American BMW Sized Gals.  I need me some more X's to ensure The Girls can be accommodated.  *LOL*   Plus, some of these Graphics, like the Awesome one above, must be Retired Graphics... since I could find none anyway... even in any Size.   My best Guess, since when I find them they look Brand New, is that folks Ordered them Online and then it wouldn't fit in the Size it alleged it was and the Return Policy is not that good? 




LOVED this Tee too, but, tho' it alleges it's Extra... well... it's not Extra Enough... sadly... or, I'd be wearing it and not Re-Selling it... dammit! *Smiles*   Now, when I get down to a Smallish XL... or even an L... we might have a different Outcome?  *Winks*   And No, I do not want to get down lower than that and look like some wizened shriveled up Ancient One that is Fragile looking, it's not The Look I'm going for.  *LOL*   Listen, you little Sprites who are Old Timers, God Bless you and all... but, I don't wanna Look like that in Seniordom.  Nope, it doesn't look nearly as Charming and Cute as it does when you're a Youngster and Sprite sized.   If that should have been kept a Secret, Sorry, not Sorry.  And, I heard the most hilarious thing about Secrets on a NetFlix Binge Watch:  The only way Three can Keep a Secret is when Two are Dead.  *Bwahahaha*



 
The Son and our Neighbor's Son Rob have been furiously working on my Landscaping and it looks great.   Weeds had been a big problem this Season due to the amount of Rains we got.  I have Weed Killer but needed a break in the Weather to lay it down without it getting diluted.  I needed Grass Killer in front of our Wall around the Property.  I have Gravel and African Daisies planted there which Bloom in Spring, but some stubborn Grass has infiltrated and pulling it out hasn't kept on top of it.  Bermuda Grass is like a Weed but it is the only variety that does well in a Desert.  Other types are Seasonal Grass like Rye, or very delicate varieties like Tifgreen and Dichondra Ground Cover, that require a lot of Work and Water to keep looking lush.



I liked the Meme and Quote Below, how True it is has become quite evident, hasn't it?   Every once in a while to amuse myself I read the responses the Lunatic Fringe put on Social Media trying to defend their beliefs and stances on the Political Scene and in defense of their Cult Leader.  The running with low information is staggering within the ranks and I wonder if they've always displayed similar intentional ignorance in other areas of Life or... just this?  In this day and age you can quite effortlessly do your due diligence and fact check information for accuracy, Truth, evidence and proof... it's not that hard.  If your lack of discernment is poor, surely you should know it by the time you're a grown Ass Adult, and Trust reliable Sources to then help Guide and Inform you?   But, often a Fool isn't aware they are one I suppose and are easily fascinated? 




LATER: My Doc appointment went well, my A1C is at 6.0, which is consistently going down.  I'm still losing Weight according to her Charts, so perhaps my Scale is off some?   Everything checked out well but they always do some Labs.    I had Brunch afterwards, since, I'd had to Fast for my Labs.   I had a Three Cheese Mushroom, Tomato & Spinach Frittata and Strawberry Fields Salad, which comes with Fresh Fruit.  It comes with Hashbrowns, which I just brought Home for The Man.   I try to eat all my Veggies and Proteins first now and Carb last, if at all.   The Whipped Butter was my Healthy Fat.   This Salad is fabulous, it has Feta, Strawberries, Sesame Seeds, Red Onion, Pepitas, Radish and Mixed Spring Greens.   Some of these are Seasonal options not always on the Menu year round.




I like a nice Frittata and this one is very good, it has Sun Dried Tomato, Swiss Cheese, Goat Cheese, Feta Cheese, and Scallions.   It made up for all the Blood I had to Sacrifice at the Labs.  *LOL*   I stopped by the Antique Mall to put more Inventory into Stock.   I'm Selling a lot out of the Old Showroom, which always Surprises me.  Perhaps Customers feel a sense of Urgency when they realize there's a Move-Out in progress?   Who knows?   I just know some older Merch is Selling as if they'll never see another one to Buy.  *LOL*  The more they Buy out of what's left in there, the less I have to dispose of when I Vacate tho', so I'm Thankful it's moving and getting Sold.   I should be Pricing more Today but I'm tired and it's a very Hot day to be working up a Sweat too in the non-climate controlled areas.




Princess T has had a couple days off School since Underclassmen have Testing.   So, Today while she's off we're gonna have a Girl's Day Out together, her choice on what she wants to do.  She had spent the other day off with her Mom here at Home together and I took her Grandpa out for something he wanted to do.  I try to split my time with different Family Members doing what they like to do, since, few of them like doing the exact same things and taking the whole Show on the Road is a challenge.  *Winks*  Individually it's enjoyable to spend one on one time, as a Collective, not so much, someone will ultimately be a killjoy when it's a group outing or will start to become difficult and moody. 




I also took some Me Time after my Doctor's Appointment, I needed it.  Solitary Time gets me back to Center and lets me do whatever I want to do without compromises.   I don't get together with Friends to do things and haven't for a long time.   It's been a long time since I had that kind of unbridled freedom to and I don't want to be the one with reason to have a time constraint or to cancel.   When the G-Kid Force were little, the main reason was my Peers didn't want small Children in tow, none of them were raising Grandchildren.   Then, after The Man's Brain Injuries, he was the main reason, full time Caregiving is consuming.   Now, I just mostly got out of the habit of accepting any invitations to and don't have the Free Time anyway to squeeze it in and commit to going.




I enjoy seeing what my Friends are doing on the Book of Faces tho' and it's a connection to Socialization I'm not having in person.   This Friend just celebrated her Birthday and she has the best sense of Humor and is fun to be around.   We met at our Antique Mall where she's a Vendor and Co-Worker too.  Now, most of my Friendships are Industry ones, Kindred Spirits in what our Passions and Quirks are I suppose.  *LOL*   I've met lots of other great folks over the Years, so I do feel I have plenty of Acquaintances with stellar people.   So  it's never lonesome when I'm out and about, even when I'm Solo, since I seem to always run into people I know and get to interact with them then.  It's enough, I think now, at this Season of Life, Family Life takes a priority anyway for me.




And we've got lots of Family with more on the way soon.   The Middle Granddaughter in Pittsburgh will be having her Baby Girl soon.   These pixs are her Older Sister with her Three Kiddos, who also lives in Pittsburgh.   Luckily they take loads of Photos of the Family so we can see them all growing up from afar.  Their Mom wasn't so good about that, neither of our Daughters were in fact.   The Son is the only one whose lived Locally all his Life.   So didn't need to update us with Pixs, we got to see him in person over the Years.   There's a slew of Princess T's Paternal Older Siblings I don't even know, who all live in Mexico.   And, the Siblings in Mexico of The G-Kid Force, we haven't seen in person at all, or for Years in the case of the Oldest one of that Trio Saint Maria raised.   With a far flung Family you interact sparingly.





It's not the same as In Person interactions and I know that all too well with growing up as a Career Military Man's Kid and then Marrying a Career Military Man.   You were often separated by distance with Family due to the nature of the Career and it's demands.   So, I can't say that for me it's something I was not used to, it was a Lifestyle always to have those separations and so you had it as your Normal.   I can be separated from people by distance and still maintain some relationship with you.  Probably more easily than someone not used to having to do that.   But, I don't presume to think it's quite the same as being there in Person, it's not.   And, becoz it's so different, sometimes I can't sustain too much In Person Time with anyone in particular, it's too foreign for me to, even if I Adore you and enjoy your presence, in moderation.  *LOL*

 


And then there is the Age Factor... after having already Raised Two Generations of Kiddos I know my limitations well.    Well enuf, that if I had to spend a considerable amount of time around a 3rd Generation of 'em, it very well might be Too Much now.   I have no delusions that no matter how adorbs any of them are, they have their moments.   Those moments a little bit of go a long way with me now, just sayin'.  *Winks*   If someone drops off their Teenager and says can they stay a while, I can hang, since, a Teenager does not require a lot of me.  *Bwahahaha*  If they got them some Teen Angst, I can match that with Post-Menopausal Psycho Intolerance, so, we're usually Good and have an Understanding that is agreeably mutual.   Each of us having Age Related Issues that are matchable in annoyance.  *Winks*  But, a Little One, well... they got even less fucks to give about you and how you Feel about any of it... *Smiles*




*******

But in Pictures, well, they're absolutely Perfect, aren't they?  *LOL*
Dawn... The Bohemian

9 comments:

  1. Those are some amazingly adorable children! It sounds like things are going well for you at the antique mall. A fresh start in a familiar setting, that works really well. Weight loss......the bane of my existence. Although I have lost quite a bit over 2 years, it's a slow go. I still have a way to go but try not to think about it. I could become discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weight loss is a Journey indeed but I'm on the right trajectory for me and it has been so easy with the changes and suggestions GOLO offered so I'm relieved 😅. The change at the Antique Mall is a positive one and long overdue. The Great Grandbabies are pretty adorable 🥰...Dawn the Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, so adorable. I love all my grandchild dearly and we have cared for most of them in their infant and preschool years to help out the parents. But I can't tell you how glad I am finished (forever) with potty training. And next year we will be down to one 5 years old preschooler and then next year they will all be in school. And as much as I will miss them, I am tired. I laughingly say I have served my time. And you are right, the preteens and teens that come to stay over vacation and stuff can feed, water and amuse themselves. Much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, still adore kiddos but don't want to have to be the one responsible for entertaining and keeping the smaller ones alive. *LOL* After having Raised Grandkids and now the Youngest of those I Raised is 18 and Grown, I'm relieved to have lasted long enuf to get the job done. *whew* It was over Forty consecutive Years of Raising Children and that's more than enough. *Smiles* I enjoy Teens and get along with most Young Adults very well, so spending time with the 18-30 Year Olds doesn't bother me at all. By the time they're over 30 they're very much like any other Adult and have reached that level of maturity to where the Generation Gap is not so vast really. As for socializing with Seniors, I've done it since I was Young, I had more Friends who were Seniors when I was a Teenager than most people of my Generation and always had a great time with them.

      Delete
  3. Regarding whose who wear their trou around their butts: This was best summed up by a former cube-mate of mine, when I worked at the office. She was a 60-something African-American woman who rode the subway to work, like I did. We were talking about this fashion "phenomenon" and she said, "Don't no one want to see yo stank draws!"

    I was like, Preach it, sister!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we all said Amen to that. Lol 🤣 I'm surprised that the hideous style has lasted so long and many will have deformed hips and legs due to having to walk unnaturally to keep the Draws up!

      Delete
    2. Oops forgot to sign off on the above...Dawn the Bohemian

      Delete
  4. Last few days I've been unable to access your site. I get a lock and message not secure. Just today realized I can get to you on my phone. Anyone else report having issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No issues here, but I know on my Phone I now can't access Messenger anymore, just here on my Computer at Home. I wish they'd quit enhancing the Systems, they seem to make everything more complicated.

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl