Saturday, April 27, 2024

Schizo Weather~ Funky Chonies ~ Hatched Goslings



 Topic wise I'll be all over the Map with this Post, thus the broad Title Hook.  *LOL*  I decided to Vacate my Old Showroom a Day early and just be done with it.  So, we got it emptied on Friday Morning, instead of waiting until Saturday Night, the Deadline.  Miraculously I managed to put all but ONE piece into the New Showroom!   That was a Surprise, I really thought I had no way to get it all in there and have it look right, but, with the exception of a very large piece of Art, I pulled it off.  *Takes a Bow... you may Applause or give a Standing Ovation, LOL*   It didn't take us long, we were done in less than 1.5 Hours with The Man's help as my Assistant.




I took another look at the Showroom that the New Occupant of my Old Showroom already has.  I recant what I said before, they actually have a lot of Antiques and Vintage Merch, but, it's ALL Glassware, Knick Knacks or China... tough Sell in our Mall.  To have One full Showroom of it is a lot to unload, if they fill the 2nd Showroom with it, well, Good Luck with that.  The exception is, they do have an Avalanche of Fiesta Ware and that does Sell well at our Mall, especially with the Mid Century and Retro Crowd, it goes well with their Aesthetic.  And they got more of it than I've seen in a long time that a single Vendor has amassed.




  The fact they have so many actual Antiques and Vintage things is commendable for being in an Antique Mall and for that Market being the most Soft it's ever been.   So, I do Hope they do well... and, I know they have Booths and Locked Cases, according to other Vendors, tho' I haven't taken a gander yet of those Spaces.  Judging by their Showroom already stocked, I would venture to Guess they have the majority of Inventory being appropriate, but, not necessarily in high demand... especially for the demographic our Mall attracts and lives around it.  I can see why Management have given them desirable Space tho' even tho' they're Newbies.




While I was putting the Merch into my New Showroom, several Customers came into it and were talking among themselves about liking this 'New' Space and what's in it.  Yay.  When they realized I was the Vendor, they complimented me on how Cool it looked and was Displayed, and that the Merch was really Cool too.   I told them my Teen Grandchild did the Interior Design layout of it and half the Merch is hers, so, she gets all the Credit for how everything is Showcased and what we're focusing on Selling in it.   All of that it True by the way, her input has been valuable, with Fresh Young Eyes and Modern Imagination, she Nailed it.   Kids know current Trends.




Kids keep their Fingers on the Pulse and know when something is falling out of Favor or now is Fresh in Favor.   They also tend to be the Generation of Trendsetters.  It's not us Seniors or even the Middle Aged Crowd, even if all of us might have more resources at our disposal.  I am one of those Boomers who happens to dig a lot of the current Trends and appreciate a lot of them.  Perhaps not all of them, but this Cycle of Trends, I'm totally Down with, it's moving towards my own Aesthetic preference.  I got The Young Prince some $55 each Chonies {Underpants} at SAVERS Today for Two Bucks each after my Discount, tho' even without a Discount the $3.49 was a Steal!




They were so Jazzed when I Shared the Images of them, and Princess T said this Brand is HOT right now and very High End.  Well, if Retail folks will pay Fifty-Five Bucks each for a pair of PSD Underwear, Yeah.  *LMAO*  I think I'd be going Commando if I hadda pay that much for my Chonies!  The Lead Post Pix was one Pair, Yeah, the Hook Image were very expensive Men's Underwear!   *LOL*  The Above and Below Pixs are the other Two Pair.   And, I KNOW I bought a 4th Pair last Week that now I can't find, but will look for... and give that Pair to The Grandson too, they're just his Aesthetic and Style... he J'Adores Funky Stuff and the Weird and Wonderful as much as his Grandma does.  *Smiles*




And, if I had Chonies like these Graphics, Yes I'd want and wear them... IF I could Score them for Two Bucks rather than Fifty-Five, that is.  *LOL*   I'd actually J'Adore some Specialty Tees with these same Graphics, I'd Buy them.   But I think the Line only Sells Garments left unseen, which, isn't entirely True if the Young Men wear those dreadful low slung Pants over them... then, they'd be on full Display.  But, mebbe then I wouldn't mind seeing them, who knows?  *Bwahahaha*  The Young Prince said he really needed new Chonies, so, this was something they not only really Liked, but really Needed too, Win-Win.  The Young Prince is Fearless enuf to Prance around in these as Outer Garments.  *Bwahahaha*




We had a lot to do on Friday but then I started not feeling good so we had to abort a lot of our Plans and just come Home.  I think it was a combo of Fatigue and Diabetes.  I felt like I was overly tired and had lack of sufficient Sleep, plus my Blood Sugars Tanked.  As I lose Weight and get back to a Normal Goal Weight, I'm likely to go from being an Insulin Dependent Diabetic, right back to being Hypoglycemic instead.  I was Hypoglycemic all my Life when I was a tiny little Sprite with an Adult Weight of between 93-128 Lbs..   Only when I became Obese after a Hysterectomy did I slide into becoming Hyperglycemic instead.    I have always had a faulty Pancreas, but, it keeps piping along, which is handy, can't get another one.




The Son had gone to a different Concert with his Friend Adam on Thursday Night and said it was excellent, a Small Venue so every Seat was a good one.  Today he's going with his Sister and a Female Friend, and they're meeting several other Friends, at a bigger Concert U-Fest.  It's threatening to Storm so I do Hope it's an Inside Venue like the other one was?  Otherwise it could be cancelled due to Weather and he'd Won these Tickets, Three of them, worth $300, from a local Radio Station.  Whether they'd be Honored if a cancellation occurs and it's rescheduled, would be questionable?   I Hope they have a good time since there was some unexpected Drama between some of them.




I won't go into all that, suffice to say the Females can be Drama and a Headache during an Outing.  The Son really was not wanting to engage with any of it, so Opted Out of some Activities with them, which was Wise.  I was on his Side, and... had a Come To Jesus with The Daughter about some decisions she'd made.   Bee and The Daughter have a long History of being The Wild Child, but, now in Middle Age, it's time to put the Brakes on.   They both have Children that are much Older now and worry about them otherwise.   Princess T does worry about her Mom and both she and her Uncle feel Protective of The Daughter.  Knowing she makes Bad decisions on a consistent basis and is technically/legally considered a Vulnerable Adult.




Yet, being SMI and having Addictive personality is not against any Law and if High Functional enuf, they can still make their own decisions, even if they're not good ones.   I'm very confrontational about it so long as she's living under my Roof and I feel a responsibility for her Welfare, it's the Rule of her being allowed to remain.  Especially since I'm Raising her Teenager here.   I made her Cry when we had this recent reminder, she said she was Sorry, I told her Don't Be Sorry... Be Better.   The Son said he's got to remember that Quote, it was Excellent.  *LOL*   She turned things around enuf that her Brother still took her to the Concert tho', we try not to hold her Bad Days against her.




If one of her Destructive Alters is Dominant, you can't, she won't even remember whatever she did in that Personality switch of Dissociative Disorder, she has Four.   The Personality she went with him to the Concert in will Be Better.   The Dark One likes to associate with some really unsavory people, and, is a risk taker to an extreme... and... prone to violence and hard to manage.   So, we're glad that one isn't Dominant very often anymore, or Institutionalization would be in her Future most definitely again.   I was firm about my Talk, asking if she wanted to risk being put in involuntary Psyche Lockdown or Penal Lockdown for extended stay again?  She didn't, so, pull it together and Be Better.  She's doing Better this day, we just take it one Day at a time.




The Son contacted me after the Concert was over to tell me the Girls had Behaved and everyone they met up with had a good time, I'm glad to hear that.  I knew he'd had his reservations about the whole thing and whether to disinvite the Girls.  *LOL*  Both had to promise to Behave and be Drama Free.   Apparently they Honored the Promise, thus far anyway, nobody is Home yet, so, Fingers crossed it holds.  *Eye Roll and Winks*  Everything can be subject to Change without notice.  Everyone had taken a day off Work to be able to attend, which makes for a long Weekend to enjoy as well.  If everyone can get along and play well with others we'll be Hosting a BBQ here and Andrase said he'd be Pit Master.  *Smiles*




I'm not really sure what I Plan to do for the whole Weekend, tho' if the Kids BBQ I'll have at least a nice Meal here at Home with good Company.  I have heard that the Merchant Square Antique Mall in the East Valley is having their last Outdoor Flea Market for the Season on Saturday.  I might like to attend that, I haven't attended any of them thruout Spring, been too busy to.   Plus, I've worked a lot of Saturdays covering from absent people at the Antique Mall I work at.   Submarine Lady has been out just about every Saturday she should be working and they haven't permanently replaced her.  I finally said I couldn't keep covering for her on short notice and wrecking all my Weekends doing so.

  



I don't mind covering for Co-Workers who are trying to Honor their commitment and might need the occasional Shift covered on short notice.  But, if it becomes chronic, then I just have to Opt Out and they have to find someone else who can accommodate those people who they can't rely upon with regularity.   I've had to call in sometimes myself, it happens, you might be ill or have a personal reason for doing so.  But, if I couldn't Honor my commitment too often, I'd give up the Shift so they could find someone to fill it who can.  It's the responsible and considerate thing to do.   Then, perhaps when you can sort out your situation enuf to be more reliable, you could always accept another offer of a Shift if they ask you.  When The Man had his Catastrophic Accident, I had to quit Working for Years to Care for him.  Everyone kept checking in with me to see when I might return, and, eventually I did when it was possible. 




Princess T got Roses from Mister Wonderful, I'd bought her Two Crystal Vases for when he Buys her Flowers now.  *Smiles*  She displays them and then dries them to preserve them.  She does a good job of Dried Flower Preservation.   She Displays those and you can also Sell them if they're done well.   Dried Bouquets can be just as beautiful as Living Bouquets... and, they last longer if Cared for properly.  I've had some Dried Flowers for Decades and they're just as lovely now as when I first got them.  I Love Live Plants and Cut Flowers, but, keeping them Alive is challenging and the Cut Flowers have a brief time to be enjoyed.  I'm currently Drying some of my Sunflowers.  I failed again to grow Artichokes, I've got to learn how better to get them to grow, I have Seeds, but, haven't figured out successful cultivation.  I Love Dried Artichoke Blooms, I have some, but, I didn't grow or dry them.




 Princess T re-arranged her Room again, and has hung a lot of her Dried Florals from the Ceiling or Walls, they look Pretty.  She spends a lot of time in her Room and has been wanting to Purge some Furniture and perhaps talk me into some other Furniture.   I'm hesitant to Invest in big pieces since, Kids tire of things quickly and if bought secondhand, it's not a big outlay, but, disposing of large items is imposing and I don't want to Deal with that and of transporting Big things.  The Man and I no longer can wrangle large stuff and we don't want to either.   Princess T sometimes thinks she wants things until she gets them, then realizes it's not a good fit and then what?  She saw a large L-Shaped Desk at SAVERS she wanted, it was only $19, but quite large.  I knew it would overwhelm her Room and displace things she wants to Keep.  I don't want to have to Store a bunch of her Plush Animal Collection elsewhere.




I also would have been hard pressed to transport it in my Truck, I have a Frontier, it's not a Full Sized Truck and extremely bulky Furniture won't transport in it.  I don't want to have to Rent a U-Haul to be able to Buy a cheap piece of big Furniture and get it Home... then later dispose of it the same way.   So, I declined the L-Shaped Desk, it was a good Deal, but, not practical and not able to be moved easily.  Kids don't realize the complexity of the logistics of large things they want and won't be responsible to figure out how to get it where it's going.   I intentionally no longer Buy anything large myself for similar reasons.  When I have, I've had to Hire someone to Deliver it and that's never inexpensive unless you have Friends that can do you a Favor.




Our Weather has been so Schizo, it was triple digits the other day and now it's dropped way down to being Cold!!!   It's 62 and it had been 102 just days before, that's ridiculous.  *LOL*   A fluctuation of a few degrees you can handle, but when it's Forty degree difference immediately, your Body and Mind doesn't know how to regulate accordingly.   You need to adjust, mentally and physically, to changes in Climate.   Yesterday The Man and I went out to feed the Goslings in the Two Subdivisions nearby that have Lake System the Canadian Geese breed around.  One Pair had a clutch of the most amount of Offspring I'd ever seen, Fourteen, all crossing the Road together!   It intrigued me to do some research about clutch size anomalies and sure enuf, there's a logical explanation.




I Googled it and that usually occurs due to Conspecific Brood Parasites, a Female of the same Species laying Eggs in another Pairs Nest without providing Parental Care.   That was interesting, since, most of the Pairs only have Two to Six usually, most having small clutches of about 2-3 on the Average. So this poor Pair really have their Work cut out for them trying to Parent Fourteen and have them all thrive!  They looked to be doing a noble job of it, there was one straggler and one Parent kept going back to hurry it along to join the rest and tend to it.  Nobody got left behind and seeing that many Goslings in a regimented Line behind the Lead Parent was so adorable.  It wasn't like herding Cats.  *Bwahahaha* 




 It pales in comparison to a Gaggle of 51 Goslings One Super Mother Goose had in Canada that made the Tabloids!  She doesn't even look flustered, can Geese have a nervous breakdown whilst Parenting I Wonder?  I mean, where WAS Goose Dad in all the Pixs?!  *Winks*   The article explained that she was an Older Goose and it's not uncommon for the Mature Geese either to Adopt Goslings from First Time Parents to give the Babies a better chance of Survival.  That makes sense too, us Human Grandparents sometimes have to step in and do that.  But, if I had 51 Grandkids to Adopt, I wouldn't look this fucking Calm and Collected, so, I have Mad Respect for Super Mother Goose!  She must really LOVE and be exceptional at Raising a Brood to feel this confident.  She looks like, "I Got This!"  *LOL*




I mean, if Geese actually Count the Chicks in their Care, she's doing phenomenal Math all the damned time to ensure she's got 'em all and none are missing!  *Smiles*   Lucky for Geese, their Offspring seem to have a Natural Instinct to stick together and just follow Parents by rote and not need a lot of Parental discipline to do what Nature intends for their best Survival chances.   If I had to Raise that many at once, there would be some casualties, I'm sure of it.  *Bwahahaha*  Hey, I was known, by the time I was Raising a 2nd Generation, to forget One or Two every so often, or bring the Wrong One to the Doctor Appointment... it happens.   It's Why Women my Age don't still Breed, so, at some point its unnatural to still be Raising 'em.  *LMAOROTF*




In fact, my favorite disciplinary response to inappropriate behavior with Raising Kiddos Part Two was to Deadpan to The G-Kid Force in an eerily Calm Tone, "You DO know I'm too Old for this shit, Right?"  *LOL and Winks*   By then I had what Princess T has humorously Labeled my "Crazy Eyes", so Words were no longer actually necessary.  I have been Witnessed and Known to have backed up some big Motherfuckers with those Eyes and not have to say a damned thing, which Amuses people no end apparently.   The Young Prince humorously claims it's becoz it's the Look of a Psychopath who hasn't yet Acted upon their Urges... but, just might if you present the opportunity to and are foolish enuf to Go There.  Which, would not be Wise or recommended.  *Bwahahahaha*




 As of yet, I've had no Takers, not even the largest of intimidating looking Young or Older Men.  *LMAOROTF*  I perfected The Look over my Mask during Pandemic and when Social Distancing was crucial.  *Winks*   I don't even consciously know I'm doing it, so, I have no Idea what my Crazy Eyes allegedly look like that has the predictable reaction that it does?  I just know that when something Works, I'm Okay with whatever it is and we'll just embrace it as being handy.  *LOL*  The Man described The Look to me as being the Cold Blank Stare with no Emotion or Affect to it and it is rather chilling.  Grey Eyes can be a chilly Color anyway I'm told and only 3% of us in the World's Population has them.  It's often why I've had people comment on my Eye Color, sometimes they almost look White/Colorless and pick up reflection of Color around them.  My Maternal Gran-Gran and Mom had the same Grey Eyes, One Grandchild in Mexico has them too, the one that is a Clone of me in fact.  *Smiles* 




 Anyway, a Flat Affect is a restricted or nonexistent expression of emotion... and I must admit that when really upset or angered I Feel nothing, I'm eerily Calm and don't express my Emotions often.   I am rarely an Emotional person and especially when it's more Normal to have a Reaction, I never have had the predictable one, even as a Child.  My Parents said I was that Kid that did not or would not Cry, it's not that I can't, it's just that to get that response out of me is unusual.  I can be emotionally raw but not give the appearance of being.  There are conditions that cause it, I know I have the Symptoms, but, it's my Normal so it doesn't bother me at all.   And hasn't affected quality of life for me, so, no harm, no foul.  If it Scares other people I can't Help that.  They Feel whatever they Feel or interpret in their own Minds and react upon.   Besides, tho' sometimes possibly deranged, I'm a very Nice Psycho, ask anybody, they'll tell you.  *Winks*




And better to have us as a Friend than an Enemy.  *Winks*  Not Feeling things, especially during Emergencies and Dangerous situations, comes in handy, you can laser focus on what to do without emotional interference or emotionally derailing.  I've used it to my advantage and if something comes Naturally to you, well, you should harness it for the better Good, Right?  *Winks*  But, if someone is trying to elicit an Emotion out of you, especially a Negative one, and you won't respond or react predictably, I guess its highly unsettling?   The Kiddos all Joke that's becoz if you do something to someone and they should be Crying, Scared or Angry, and they're just eerily Calm and non-reactive, showing zero Emotion, but their Eyes go Dead and Cold, mebbe they're just getting ready to now Kill you or at least Thinking about it?  *Bwahahaha*   Yes, we have Dark Humor about our peculiarities.  *Winks*   Now how's that for a pivot of Post Topics?  *LMAO*




*******

Have a Great Day my Friends and find the Humor in all Situations, it's there if you look for it... Dawn... The Bohemian

2 comments:

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl