Tuesday, May 7, 2024

The Son Is At The Rolling Stones Concert Tonight

 



I had a whole damned good Nostalgic Post Written and accidentally hit a Key and the whole damned thing disappeared, except for this Pix above and the one below, with just that Paragraph below it remaining!!!   Arghhh!   I have no idea what I did, but sometimes I type too fast and shit happens.  Especially if I lock up the keyboard with too many keystrokes and it just does something like that for God knows what reason to punish me?  *LOL and Le Sigh*   No, not gonna retype it all, since my Stream of Consciousness is now past whatever it was and the ADHD won't allow me to rewind.  *Huge Sigh*   I did get that Pokemon Picachu Pin tho'... and for Mother's Day, I got that Brass Deity on an Elephant, the Vendor accepted my embarrassingly Lowball Offer, Color me Surprised and Delighted!




With Mother's Day coming up, I've been thinking a lot about my Mom and how much she's missed.   Since I was always the one behind the Lens of my Camera, I didn't realize how few Pixs I had of her and I together, sadly.   This was one of the last Pixs we'd had taken together on a Mother's Day actually.   I used to Wheel her around The Desert Botanical Gardens in the Springtime and we'd always do all of Mother's Day together.   I'm glad that my Kids and Grandkids insisted I spend time with their Nanna on Mother's Day and they'd do Mother's Day with me later on.   The very last time I saw her was on a Mother's Day in Hospice when we made the Pilgrimage to Cali to spend it with her one last time, she Crossed Over that October of the same Year.  I was choked up that she remembered who I was in spite of the advanced Dementia.  She thought my Brother was her Older Brother by then.




The Young Prince and Allen aren't gonna be able to make it here for Mother's Day Weekend after all.  They have to delay the Trip another Week due to Allen's Work and Move-In Expenses to the New Home Rental.   They do Love the New Home Rental, a small One Bedroom, One Bathroom near a lot of good Shopping and Restaurants that The Young Prince can Walk to when Allen's at Work.   There's a Yard for Tyson The Pit Bull, but, it's not Fenced, so, they're figuring out how to remedy that for him.   They have a Tree that has Two Resident Squirrels and a Songbird.   The Young Prince said it's nice on the inside, even tho' on the outside it's not that impressive, but, the Rent is affordable and it sounds like the Location is much better than where they lived in the Motel.




The Granddaughter in Pittsburgh should be having her 2nd Child, a Girl this time, sometime near Mother's Day.   Since she dyed her Naturally Blonde Hair dark, she looks so much like her Mom now that it Surprised us!!!  It looks like the Oldest Daughter Cloned her, now that she has the same Hair Coloring!   I never noticed the resemblance when she had her Dad's Blonde Hair... and of coarse her Son has the Blonde Hair like his Grandpa.   She and her Older Sister joked that they don't have to get their Mom anything for Mother's Day this Year, becoz they both gave her each another Grandchild for Mother's Day... and... how do you even Top that?!?  *Smiles*   They have a Point.  *Winks*   The Oldest had her first Son recently and now her Younger Sister is having her first Daughter... so, The Oldest Daughter is becoming a Grandparent expeditiously now.   *LOL*  Below is the Trio that her Oldest Daughter has.




Okay, so our Great-Grandson is looking more like an Adorable full term Baby and not a Tiny Premie Troll now.  *LOL*   Tho' the Oldest Sister is gentle with him, the other one, well, she's bending his Ear and probably having to fight the urge to Hug the very Life out of him Loving him to Death.  *Bwahahaha*   She's clearly the one full of piss and vinegar, I can tell, I've Raised some like that myself.  *Winks*  Princess T was late to School since she dozed back to Sleep and I was still Sleeping and The Man had crawled back into Bed thinking she'd wake me when it was time to go... so... she used up her last Excused Tardy for the Year.  I have to walk into the Office to Sign her In, so, I was a Vision.  




The Daughter came with us and wanted to walk in too, but I wouldn't let her, she had on her Pot Pants that have Marijuana Leaves all over them, and after that Lobby Incident the other day, well, you know... *Bwahahaha*   She's hilarious anyway, no Shame in her Game.  She had been talking to her Boss about wanting to quit Drinking.  He's also a good Friend of hers and she says, "What if all I need is to be in a Relationship with a Man that says, if you really Love me you'll quit Drinking?"   And without missing a beat Tim deadpans in Gallow's Humor, "What if all you need is a Boss who says, if you really want to keep Working here you'll quit Drinking?"  *Bwahahaha*  And they both burst into raucous Laughter.







We're looking at Sheds to have built on the Slab in front of our RV Garage Mahal to Store just Inventory, out of the way and yet easily accessible.   Part of it would be used for Pricing and a Workshop and would be smaller and less expensive to Climate Control than the Warehouse sized Space that the RV Garage Mahal is, to do Work in Year round.   We're liking the Sheds above and below and the Dealer is within sight of our Home and Delivers and Builds it at no additional Cost.  When you Buy from any of the Home Improvement Stores, they charge for Delivery of the Kits and you have to do the Construction yourself.  We're at the Age now where we don't want a DIY Construction Project after paying a lot for the Shed.   We wouldn't be interested in RTO, I want to just Own, not Rent to Own.






They had some that look like Cabins you could probably live in, but, for our needs these Two Styles were my preference.  I want to find out what Terms they offer on Buying.   TJ's Family have one and they Love it and Organizes what you want Stored and out of the way so efficiently and protected.   It's one of the improvements we need to do what we plan to do in the Present and in the Future.   The Smaller Unit seems like the best Deal, yet, the Larger Unit is really nice and has Features that might we worth the additional Cost if the Terms on a more expensive Unit are more extended.   I'm all about Terms on Purchases and Improvements that add Value to our Property.   On our Historic Property there were already Nine Outbuildings like this so we always had Organized Storage and I know how Valuable that was and what Value it added on Resale of a Property if you wanted to Sell later.   The Man built a Barn Shed on another Property we Owned, but, he's past doing that himself now.`






Either Shed would fit on the Slab in front of The RV Garage Mahal.  We don't use it as an RV Garage and never will, so there's no need to put the Shed anywhere but there on the Slab.   In due time I've even considered taking the larger RV Garage Door off and framing it in with Stained Glass Windows and an Entry Door.  Since, we have the Interior as usable Space for what we enjoy and want to Keep, but, right now the Building has no Windows.  We've never opened the smaller Garage Door of it and I used it to Display Crafting Supplies, so, would just keep it as it is.   Anyway, we'll talk to the Dealer of the Sheds and see whatssup, then make a decision.   I know I'm ready to get things more Organized and Functional right away with no further delays, so that we're maximizing our Property the way we have a Vision for using it.  We're Five Years in now so I'm tired of Non-Functional Space still.





We went to the Antique Mall and my Sales are very Strong and we still have Four more Days in the Pay Period.   I've had someone messing with some of my Displays tho'.  The Manager called me about it and let me know that the Spinning Racks had been deliberately moved to obstruct the Entrance to the Showroom.   I highly Suspect it being one of the problematic Vendors and not a Customer.  That's a high traffic area and so far all Customers we've had in the New Showroom have been very respectful of the Space and I've had no Theft, Vandalism or Manhandling of anything at all.   But, in the past, myself and some other Vendors have had Issues with some of the problem Vendors who sabotage other people's Displays and Rental Space... same ones who have also been caught Stealing/Skimming off other Vendors.  I think they should be Banned and Bounced.




I told the Manager I'd like him to review Security Camera Coverage since it will show whose responsible, and, if it turns out to be a Vendor, I expect him to Deal with it and them.   He really doesn't want me Dealing with it, the Thief Vendor who was once caught Stealing a Mannequin of mine and had to confess and return it, I dressed her Ass down in front of him and everyone else.  In hindsight, I probably should have pressed charges, but, it would have been a Misdemeanor and not worth my Time and Energy.  So, I just Intimidated her and Warned her to stay away from my Merch and Rented Spaces since she is a Thief and can't be Trusted.  I've also informed other Vendors she's a Thief and I'm sure she's Stolen from more than just me and it wasn't the first time, just the first time she was Caught and Confessed.




She's a rabid MAGAt, so, can't say I'm Surprised she's shady as fuck and has no Moral Compass.   He clearly attracts that ilk who have no depth of Character, Integrity, or Conscience about Law Breaking if they think there won't be consequences and they can get away with it.   I wouldn't put it past her to be petty and do childish shit to retaliate, but I have no problem confronting her again if she turns out to be who it is and thinks she won't get caught.   The Security Cameras caught her last time, and the front of my Showroom messed with is within clear sight of a Security Cam.  You never come between a Person and their Money and/or what Feeds their Family.  If she hasn't Learned that Important Life Lesson, well, I have no problem Schooling her.  *Winks*   I'll be dogging Management to find out who it is and to put a Stop to the Nonsense.




This is my Old Showroom, the New Vendor has now installed some very nice Shelving along the Back Wall.   I looked at their other Showroom, which is Smaller, but has the same Shelving up both Sides of it.  They have tons of Glassware and China on all the Shelves there, it seems to be what they Specialize in Selling.   Other Vendors have been making Jokes about how White and Bright the Room is, it is actually Blinding.  I mean, almost too Bright at the Moment, it hurts your Eyes and is Blinding, I couldn't handle it long... it's a lot of White and Strong Lighting for such a Small Space.   I like the look of Tract Lighting like this, but perhaps Softer Watt Bulbs would make it less intense and uncomfortable?   I see Customers squinting or shielding their Eyes when they walk past and look in.  It makes the Room Hot too and it's already not a well ventilated Space.  Hopefully when they fill it with Inventory it won't be as off-putting?




The Son is currently at The Rolling Stones Concert at the Stadium near our Home.   It's from 8:00pm-11:00pm, which, for the 80+ Year Old Members of the Group, is a pretty late Gig.  *LOL*   I have heard they still put on one helluva Show in spite of being Geriatric.  The Son joked he wanted to see this Concert, since, they're not getting any Younger and really, how much longer can you expect them to keep doing this?  *LOL*  I know I saw James Brown perform when it was in his 70's and just before he Died, I'd seen him in the 1960's and Honestly, his Performances were just as good at the end of his Career as it had been in the Early Years.  He still could Out Dance his Young Backup Singers and was wearing High Heeled Cowboy Boots to do it!   Whatever James was On, I Need me some of that!!!  *LOL*



*******

Blessings, Love and Light from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

8 comments:

  1. Man, I can't tell you the last concert I was at. I think it was Madonna's Madame X.

    And again, I can not get over the resemblance of you and your mother!!!!! You look alike more then any other mother daughter I have ever seen. Thats a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do look a lot alike and as I aged, I looked more and more like my Mom, she resembled her Dad's side of the Family, who were Welsh Didi Kai. I can't recall the very last Concert I attended either, it might have been James Brown, just before he Died, which would have been somewhere around 2006.

      Delete
  2. Your family photos are always great, your whole family is beautiful, but that baby is really, really sweet. :)

    My brother and his wife are building a tiny home on their property for their youngest son. He will probably never leave home (high functioning but still autistic and awkward) and needs his space. He's a wonderful kid, if I had the space and he wanted to be here, I'd invite him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if our Adult Children will be able to live Independently either, not just becoz of the Economy, but, also their particular challenges of conditions that there is no cure for and pose considerable obstacles. Thank You for the Sweet Words, they are some pretty Awesome Kiddos in the Family, of coarse I'm totally biased about that. *Winks* The Granddaughter whose preggy should be having her Baby Girl soon, I don't know the exact Due Date but she's pretty big now and looks ready. *Smiles*

      Delete
  3. I’ll bet that Stones show was amazing… I saw them in Denver, just before lockdown. Have seen hundreds of live concerts; despite their ages (and mine 😂) it was high energy and seamlessly performed. One of the top five shows I’ve ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what The Son said when he told me Tonight how Awesome the Show was. He said in spite of the guys being in their 80's, it was very High Energy and he has seen Concerts with Young Performers who didn't give the Audience that much of a Show. He was suitably impressed and some of the Guys from where he works went too and it was unanimous, it was one of the Top Concerts any of them had ever attended... and they go to a LOT of Concerts.

      Delete
  4. It is infuriating when posts disappear! So frustrating! Those sheds look so nice. And not having to assemble them yourselves is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our DIY days are long past us now, so I wouldn't be able to construct one anymore and The Man has a lot of limitations after his Brain Injury, to where even simple things are now difficult or impossible for him to do or recall how to do properly. Yes, the Post disappearing after it was half done was infuriating indeed. I just didn't have it in me to try to recreate it either, which is Fine now, the Stream of Consciousness Moved On quickly. *LOL*

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl