Saturday, May 4, 2024

Our Constant Preference Evolution



Another Vignette completed in The RV Garage Mahal on a piece of Display Furniture I  brought Home from the Old Showroom {Next few Images Revealing the Results}.  I also found a Tie Dye T-Shirt for Rob in my stash of Hippie Tees, he'll be delighted with it... I'm giving it as a Gift, he's done a lot of Work for us and really knocked himself out with getting everything looking so good around the property.   Due to it being Irrigated Thursday Night, it Cooled off enuf I could work some more in The RV Garage Mahal and I got so much done I amazed myself!   I'm still going to spend the first couple Hours of the early Morning doing work in there before the heat sets in for the day too.   With consistency I think the progress will be significant.




Also, as I'm finding Placement for Displaying my favorite things, it's showing me what has no appropriate Placement and helps me detach from those Objects and Sell or Donate them.   When I find garbage and disposable packing materials, I just toss that or burn them in the Firepit.  If something is broken I also toss it now, I'm just not interested in repair Projects or doing extensive Restorative work on anything.   The Young Prince had emptied out almost all of my Vintage Suitcases and stacked them for me to decide what to do with them or put in them.




So far I've decided not to put anything in them and put an Art Tag on it with the Description of Contents yet.   If I change my Mind, I think only Seasonal items without permanent Display will be Stored in them now.  I've really divested myself of enuf that I don't have need to Store a lot away unseen, unused and not enjoyed.   Seasonal Decorations would be the only exception that makes sense for Holidays.  And... I'm trying to Display those permanently now anyway, especially Vintage Halloween and Vintage Easter.   




Then when the Holidays comes, I won't be having all the Work of putting it up and taking it down afterwards.  I still get to enjoy it and can minimize what I do in the Main House Common Areas Seasonally.  My Family just isn't Into Decorating or helping me to do any of it, so, since it matters not to them, I'm the only one I really have to please.  It pleases me to put up permanent Vignettes of a Lifetime worth of Collecting Primo Holiday Antiques and Vintage Collectibles.  I don't want to just enjoy them briefly for whatever few Holiday Seasons I have left.




I have extra Christmas Trees, and once I get things more Organized and Displayed in there, I'll put those Trees up in the different designated Areas and Decorate them with a Theme and just leave them up.   I already have one Pencil Tinsel Champagne Colored Christmas Tree in an Antique Italian Olive Bucket that I have Decorated with Vintage Show Ribbons upcycled with Antique Bling/Brooches in the Centers and are the Decorations.   I keep that one up all the time and have for Years in the last Three Homes we've Owned.  Now it's in The RV Garage Mahal.   I can go Balls to the Wall with Decorating a Fantasy Space.  The Warehouse Sized Garage Mahal is like my Personal Disneyland of Funky Places, where I can Create with unlimited uninhibited Imaginings and constant Transformations.




I get Artistically Inspired when saturated with Inspiration that is Visual. I'd like to put up one Tree with my Hallmark Ornament Collection, which is my Oldest Holiday Ornament Collection I began as a Teenager.   We've often rotated them as a Themed Christmas Tree, every so many Years.  But, it's a LOT of Work to take them out of Boxes and then match them back up to their Boxes when you take a Tree down after the Holidays.   And, if I only rotate them onto a Tree every 5 Years or so, how many more times will I ever get to enjoy them really if I don't put them up on a permanent Tree Displayed Year Round in my Fantasyscape Building?  *Smiles*  And I'm absolutely Mad as a Hatter once I get a Vignette the way I want it and complete.  I'll stand there Gazing upon it, while Sweating Cobs, coz it's gotten too Hot to stay in there by Late Morning and is rather Sauna Like.  *LOL* 




That's what The RV Garage Mahal is really, my Playground, where I can Decorate in ways you wouldn't Decorate a Home, or mebbe even a Business if you really don't want to Sell the items, yet, enjoy your extensive Collections all the time.  It can be as Over-the-Top, deeply down your Rabbit Hole and bizarre as you want it to be, since you don't have to live around it 24-7 or accommodate the Family.  *Smiles*  And if you have everything on Display, it's easier to know what you have and what you might want to Upgrade, Sell, Gift, or no longer have as your preferred current aesthetic.   My Tastes haven't changed a lot, but, they have evolved over Time.   What I like the Look of now is somewhat different than what I liked the Look of in other Homes and other Eras.  I've enjoyed my Style Journey tremendously and the Evolution of it.  




Sometimes I even look back and Laugh out loud at what I used to really think was Wonderful and Stylish... and now... well... NOT.  *Bwahahaha*   I have my Phases, as we all do, of experimentation or preferences that passed or really weren't an abiding Taste, just a Phase or a Fad.   I had my Mid-Century Phase when it was Modern, still Like it a lot, just don't Live it anymore.  I had my Psychedelic Phase during the height of my Hippie Years.  I also had a fling with a Rain Forest Era where my domicile looked like a Jungle with all the Live Plants.   I had my Sunflowers Motif Phase, where I had Too Much that had Sunflowers on them... well, it was the early Eighties.  A Culturally Deprived Era if ever there was one.  *LOL* 




 I had my Chili Peppers Motif Phase, I think that was the early Nineties.   My Indigenous Phase which overlapped some of the others.   My Shabby Chic Phase, which was late 1990's and early 2000's.  I went thru Victorian, Art Deco and Art Nouveau Periods when I owned the Historic Home for 15 Years, which just Showcased it so well and I do Love those Periods.   And, I did Toy for a brief while with Primitives, which I J'Adore the Look of and always have, but, can't Live with it.   It just makes me feel like I'm in a Time Warp and should be wearing Prairie Attire from the 1800's and doing way too much Homemade everything Domestic shit, which, just isn't my Jam nor my Talent or Strength at all.   I never have been a Domestic Goddess... I had the Strength of Earning Potential instead.  So, The Man doesn't mind me not being Suzy Homemaker, the Bread I brought Home was The Benjamins.  *LOL*




I once had a Vendor Friend at our Antique Mall who had a large Booth of everything Primitives and it smelled Divine too, since, she made her own Candles and Sachets.   There was also, in Historic Downtown Glendale, a Fabulous Primitives Antique Store for over 25 Years called "Apple Tree Antiques" and it too smelled like her Booth did for the same reasons.   Think Spiced Apples, Cinnamon Buns, Spicy Ground Cloves, Maple Butter Biscuits, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Waffles and Scents like that.   Sadly, when the Chinese National bought up damned near all the Buildings in Historic Downtown Glendale, he either wouldn't renew Leases or jacked up Rents to where nobody could afford it and now it's like a Ghost Town and intentionally blighted again.




Often big pocket Investors do that so as to depress the area enuf they can Buy it all up Cheaply, displace everyone, dominate enuf to sway Zoning, and then do whatever they want, since they Own it all and have Paid Off all the right City Officials so they Own them now too.   Anytime a Public Servant accepts Bribes and Gifts too ostentatious, that's not called Friendship, it's called Ownership.  All the way up to the Supreme Court certain Individuals have been Bought and Paid For, they are Owned by whoever Paid them Off and now pulls their Strings like Puppets.   There are no Free Rides in Life... everything comes at a Cost, be sure you're willing and able to Pay it when Payment comes Due.  And it will come Due.




Our Irrigation topped off coz Rob forgot to turn off the Pump, well, at least it ended up being a good head of Water!  *LOL*   And, we get up early so managed to see it was flooding some and turn it off.  We've got so much Water in the Pasture we've got Ducks swimming in it like a Lake this Morning.  *Bwahahaha*   Well, it looks very bucolic... and sometimes you don't get a good head of Water some rotations, so it makes up for it when you do.   Should be a lot Cooler this Morning then when I work in The RV Garage Mahal, all that Water really takes the temperature down considerably.   I'm really enjoying working in The RV Garage Mahal now progress is visually encouraging.




You finally do get to that tipping point in the right direction to where more looks Done than needing to get Done.   The momentum of consistency is Key and I hadn't been getting a Rhythm about being consistent until recently.  Even just devoting a couple Hours, but every Day, really makes a difference.  I need to do the same about going to the Gym as well.  I already have with Working the New Spaces at the Antique Mall and Pricing Inventory to take in.  But, one thing at a time, not overwhelming or overloading myself is also Key.  I have a bad habit of doing that so I need to pace myself and make it manageable.




I see that The Son is Calmer now he's got a place to Be and some Guidelines of what he has to do to be able to stay.   With the Age of Q's Sons being very Young, I'm sure it was just a rough few days to stay with them.  Plus, Q's Youngest had bad allergic reactions to things, so their household can't have any remnants of those Triggers that cause the Child Respiratory distress or any other severe allergic reaction.   He's one of those Kids with Nut Allergies, Sensitivity to certain Smells, he's got a lot going on, poor Kid.  I've had Kiddos with severe Respiratory, so I know how Careful you have to be to keep them Healthiest and not rushing to the ER with them all the time.  We've had Nebulizers in our Home since Forever, so I can administer Breathing Treatments here myself.




Princess T, as an Infant, Child, and clear up until almost her Tweens, was on as many as Five Breathing Treatments per Day and had to Sleep sitting up until she was Nine Years Old!   I'm surprised that The Son is a Smoker, since, he was so allergic to Cigarette Smoke as a Child that I would never allow Smokers around him and forbid it in our Home.  I've never been a Smoker and almost didn't Date The Man becoz he was a Smoker when I met him.   He gave up all his Vices in order for me to Date and then Marry him.  Awwww, now that's Love, Right?!  *LOL and Winks*   The Daughter has Asthma too, but not as severe as her Brother had it.  She became a Smoker as well, among picking up other Vices like her Brother also did, even tho' they grew up in a Smoke, Alcohol and Drug Free Home... go fucking figure!  *Le Sigh*




Ah well, Kids gonna do what they rebel and decide they will do, and regardless of what Sage advice and Warnings you give them sometimes.  In the end they inevitably say, you know, you were Right.  *Bwahahahaha*   Ah, the things my own Parents were Right about and I didn't heed... could have avoided a lot of the Issues of Life I experienced due to poor Choices of my own.  *Smiles*   Anyway, Princess T is going to First Friday with Timmy and Matthew.  So she'll spend more time getting Dolled Up to go out with her Gay Boy Posse than she ever does to go out with her Boyfriend.  *LMAO*  Well, it's becoz with her Posse, it's all about being Seen with that Trio.   And, she says you can't look Busted when you hang out with Gay Men.  *Winks*




I have a funny yet embarrassing Story that happened to me at my Granddaughter's High School when I went to pick her up a bit early on Friday.  I Signed her out and was in the Lobby waiting for her, a Young Black Rasta Student was already in the Lobby waiting to go to Class and sitting beside me.  He reeked of Marijuana, stronger than I've ever smelled on anyone, he had to be Holding... and a lot of it!!!  Shit, you could have gotten Contact High, I kid you not!!!   So, the whole Lobby smelled strongly of MJ, and, when the Bell rang, he got up and went out the Door to Class!   Well, the strong Odor was still there and now I'm the only one sitting in there and Security comes in!!!




OMG, they're looking at me Hard... go out together and stand outside the Door talking, then come in again and Eyeball me Hard again!!!   I'm thinking OMG... they think it's ME!!!   Bringing Drugs onto a Campus is a serious Felony and I'm thinking, these Guys are gonna shake me down... they see an Old Hippie Woman with Dreadlocks and smell Pot, they clearly think it's me!    Which was funny, yet also potentially a Situation. *Bwahahahaha*   Well, by then Princess T comes in to the Lobby, sees Security there, wrinkles her Nose up, coz it smells so strongly of Pot, and gives me this Weird Look like WTF???   And motions me Silently mouthing to hurry up and leave.  I can see she's looking confused, concerned, yet, also ready to burst out Laughing.




When we got out the Door she's like, "GRAMMA!!!   Why does it smell so strong of Marijuana in the Lobby?   And who brought it in, coz Security is clearly looking for them and probably think it's YOU!!!"   She's Laughing hysterically by now and I tell her about Rasta Guy Student who was already sitting in there reeking of it when I came in, but had gone to Class now, and definitely had to be Holding, nobody smells that strong of it from just Smoking it.   The Kid was super Skinny and Tall, had his Jeans down practically around his Knees and could barely keep them up, had Bright Red Underwear showing all the way, wearing a Rasta Knitted Beanie in Green/Yellow/Black and had Dreadlocks almost as long as mine.  He had to be bringing Weed onto Campus. 




 Anyway, don't know if Security got him or not... glad I didn't have the further embarrassment of them frisking me!!!   It was embarrassing enuf knowing they were Stereotyping me and I knew they thought I was the reason it reeked of Weed.   And probably the Secretaries too?  *LMAO*   I mean, at another High School that The Grandson went to, the Students were all the time telling him that they were sure his Gramma knew where all the Good Kush was, and wouldn't believe him that I don't partake.  *Smiles*  But, people Stereotype other people all the time, painting with a broad brush stroke that is usually quite inaccurate and far too exaggerated. 




I filled in on Friday Night for my Friend Wanita at Work, her Husband has Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and she's needing to take time off to be with him.   Then I'm filling in for my Friend Gordon at Work on Saturday Night.   I have a regular Sunday Night Shift of my own, I just Hope that working Three Days in a row won't kick my Ass?  *LOL*   I'm Writing this part of the Post after my Friday Night Shift.  It hadn't been busy during the previous Two Shifts, but the amount of Customers thru the Door between 5-9 p.m. was more than what had come in from 9-5.   So, the Day Shift wasn't all that busy and Sales picked up after 5:00 p.m..




*******

Happy Spring my Friends... Dawn... The Bohemian

4 comments:

  1. That was a terrifying experience ... your being profiled as a drug mule. Truth be told, had you been of a darker complexion (you know what I mean), you probably would not have gotten out of there without being searched, possibly tazed if you'd been offended and defensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shirley, and... that thought entered my Mind, since, both Security Guards were Young White Men and, you'd be Surprised how many people, since I'm darker complexion than most Whites, assume that with my Hair in Dreadlocks, I'm just a bright skinned Mulatto. *LOL* My Dad was always mistaken as being Asian his whole Life. *Smiles* I've often had Black Men flirt with me and Andrase told me that I'm the same complexion as his Kids, who are Mixed Ancestry of Black, Native American and Mexican. So, the thought crossed my Mind, when I was being profiled, that these Security Guards could treat me insensitively and rough... and not at all like they would behave if they believed me to be Caucasian. It was a very scary experience, since, I have had unpleasant experiences with The Police in the past, so has The Son, and my Husband said it's becoz most people realize we're not full White, or they wouldn't do that... I think he could be Right.

      Delete
  2. I married a long haired hippie with a beard, LOL. When the National Transportation started drug testing railroad workers at random back in the early 80's - he was randomly selected every single time they came. Since he doesn't to this day even take aspirin, he was always totally clean. Now I think there is routine drug testing so everyone gets a turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG your Husband's Hippie Story with the allegedly 'random' yet targeted Drug Testing was hilarious and yet so very True. Hippies were quite maligned and yet every Hippie I ever knew, and I knew a LOT, well, we were all about Peace, Love, Harmony, Nature, Sharing and Caring about one another... not such Negative characteristics that it should have made the Non-Hippies so Hateful, Biased and Judgmental. I don't think it's not a good State of Being, and so, I never stopped Being one. *Smiles*

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl