Monday, April 22, 2024

I'm On A Journey... But, They're ALL On One Online


 I'm glad I had The Zoo Post to roll out, to have an actual Topic to Write about that wasn't same-o-same-o.  *LOL*  Boring the Audience with mundane shit that happens almost daily in Life can sometimes make Writing prolifically a challenge.   I mean, how many T-Shirt Graphics can I saturate a Post with before you're Zoning Out and thinking, Enough already Dawn!?  How much of my Decades Plus long Downsizing can you handle before you say in your Head, she's never going to get that shit DONE, hasn't that Registered yet with her?!!!!!!  *LMAOROTF*




And, I did get the New Showroom up and running in Record Time so, covering that Project was only Blog Fodder briefly.  I thought it would take longer and be a 'Journey'.   Recently a Male Comedian made fun of us Gals Online always being on a Journey.  He said, "They're ALL on one...", and, I had to LOL, since I do utilize the Word too much myself, and Yeah, we're ALL thinking we're on one, especially when talking on Social Media about it.  *Snicker*  I can 'See' myself in some of the Comedic Humor about Gals and especially about Seniors.  In many ways we are Stereotypical and cut from the same Cloth.  Which is great Material for a Comedian. *Bwahahaha* 




I've been Binge Watching Comedians on my NetFlix, having a good Laugh Daily has been good for the Soul I think.   Life can get Heavy otherwise, and I'm not one that likes to float thru Life with heaviness weighing my Ass down too much.  *Winks*  Princess T cracked me up by telling me about her Picnic she went on with her Gay Boy Posse and some Straight Friends who are Couples.  Her Boyfriend didn't go, he's older than her High School Friends, so doesn't intrude in the Teen Activities, probably Wise.  *LOL*  She's an Old Soul herself, so, it's unusual for her to do a Group Activity with other Teens.  They have to be a Mature Acting Group or she'd be embarrassed to be with them and just annoyed.  *Smiles*




When she sees Teens at a Mall together acting the Fool, and being very Immature, she'll just look at me and we'll both start Laughing.  We're thinking identical Thoughts.  I was never THAT Teen either and thus wouldn't have hung with THAT Group, I'd of been mortified by that kind of Childish or inappropriate Behavior.   With her I think it's due to being Raised by Grandparents, she's spent the majority of Life around OUR Friends and Peers, not her own, nor those of her Parents.  Sometimes she'll look at her Mom, Uncle and their Friends or Peers and dryly say, "They're still such Children!!!"   *Bwahahahaha*  Of coarse, she does also tell me I can be such a Child, since, I'm not your Garden Variety Boomer, and that's not just according to her.  The Young People at Work say they don't consider me to be Old since I don't ACT Old.




Now, I don't know how you're supposed to ACT Old, but, even if I could attempt to mimic it, I'd probably fail.   Since, any Peer acting like an Old Biddie or Old Bastard just works MY last Nerve.  So, I can only imagine how annoying it is to the Younger Generations to put up with it?  *LOL*  But I am that Senior that will intentionally drive fast thru a Puddle just to splash it all up on my Windshield.   And, I think you should never get so Old that you Forget what it was Like to be Young.  I get along very well with Children, Teens, and Young Adults, they actually tell me often that they LIKE me.  I have more Friends that are Age 18-45 than I do anyone close to my own Age group.   So, I spend more time with them.




What makes that a Switch, is that like Princess T, when I was a Teenager, almost ALL of the people I spent the most time with and had as close Friends, were very Mature Adults and many were Seniors.  They took me under their Wings and taught me everything I know about Life, about the Corporate Path to Success, about refining your Hustle, and, about setting correct Priorities and making Good Decisions on a consistent basis.   I owe a Debt of Eternal Gratitude to that slew of Mentors I had who were also my Dear Friends as a Young Person, that they didn't mind hanging out with, even tho' I was the only one of my Age Group in the Crew.  *LOL*  Now the Switch being, I'm STILL the only one of my Age Group in the New Crew.  *Bwahaha*




So, anyway, why Princess T cracked me up is that everyone brought their Fav Foods to The Picnic.  And, Timmy brought Sushi and insisted she try some.  Now, this is the Child who is perhaps the 2nd most Fussiest Eater on Planet Earth besides her Mother, The Daughter!   She said he popped it into her Mouth with Chopsticks under protest and it took her over Five Minutes to even be able to swallow it!   She. did. not. like. it!!!   *Bwahahaha*   I'm NEVER doing that again she vowed, it was disgusting and I almost threw up!   She said she wasn't intentionally trying to be hilarious, but told him, "Boy, you put some Weird shit into your Mouth..."   And they all Laughed and Laughed at the inuendo.  *LMAOROTF*




I'm glad she's going out with Friends since she spends too much time in her Room sometimes not Socializing at all.  She has Social Anxieties so prefers small groups or just one person or two at a time to interact with.   She's already told her Boyfriend that she's not interested in becoming Friends with all his Friends and it's not Personal, she just does not like Peopling that much.  *LOL*   She especially isn't comfortable around a lot of Girls becoz she said they're way too much Drama and a Headache, I'd have to be in Agreement about that actually.  I always have had way more Male Friends for that reason, it's a lot less complicated to be Friends with Guys.   All the Emotional Rollercoaster shit just is too much baggage in Relationships for me to be tolerant of.




I'd be one of your Female Friends that would just straight up tell you, "Listen GF, pick a Mood, any fucking Mood, and just stick with it a Minute, wouldya!!!  You're exhausting and annoying me otherwise!"   Ergo, the Female Friends I do have, I limit exposure to in small increments.   Since a little bit of Estrogen Imbalance would go a long way with me otherwise and we might have to just end the Friendship.  *LOL*   Yes, I have Blocked some Female Friends on and off, when on their Social Media they board the fucking Crazy Train of Female Drama and being a Headache regarding what they're Posting, I just can't.   I can't do the whole "I Love You, I Hate You, I Love to Hate You, I Hate to Love You" Rollercoaster Ride Bullshit most of them get on... fuuuuuuck!




And when some of them are having problems with all their Relationships I tell them the Truth in Love, THIS is Why GF, Lord have Mercy, stabilize your shit some so that anyone wants to be around you!!  Yes, I'm blunt and to the point like that... and if you can't handle the Truth, well, don't Solicit my Advice or Opinion.  I will not be good at Sugarcoating anything just coz you have delicate sensibilities and can only hear what you want to hear, not what you NEED to hear.   Not playing that Game with you, ever.   And, I got all the Friends in the World I'll ever Need, so, if you Need to Step Off, Be Well and Be Gone then, with my Blessings and no Hard Feelings.  Bye Bye Bye... Toodles.  Life is too fucking short and good to spoil it with people best left behind.




I do miss my Friends who are at the Event I'm currently boycotting on account of that One Woman who is running off Customers and Designers alike.  It's a pity when one ratchet individual can ruin experiences for everyone, something that used to be a good thing, but no longer is with their presence.   This is why culling people like that is critical in Life, nobody wants to be around them or Deal with their Bullshit and how they don't know how to treat People.   I stay connected on Social Media tho' and it's nice to see everyone on the Regular here even if in Person it's not happening.   The Blog Community is like that too, many of you I'll never have the Joy of being with in Person, and, that's Okay.  The Two Friends above are just The Best and I've done Business with them for Years and enjoyed their Friendship too.



Fortunately, just about everyone I know in the Industry has Venues many places or has a Brick N Mortar Shop as well.  So, I can still do Business with them and get to see them whenever our Schedules can open up to.   The Friend on the Far Left has had a Shop in the Historic part of Downtown Glendale for Decades and has some of the most Ahhhmazing Clothing Lines.   All the Gals are Modeling some of the Garments that Carol has Sourced.   I'm really liking the "Love By The Moon" Top that my Friend Cyndie is Modeling.   So, might have to make a Trek to Downtown Historic Glendale to check out that Line at Carol's Shop now.  *Smiles*   I have no Issues with any of my Designer Friends, they've always treated me so well and been Friends for Years that I Cherish.   They all know they're not the problem that transpired there at that Event... but they know who is.




Since I do not HAVE to have interactions with that Woman, I refuse to.  I'm not in any Business relationship with her, don't want to be her Customer, and prefer to have her banished from my Orbit.   That's how I just am with anyone whose either a Pain in the Ass, Unlovely in general, or can't treat people Right, Swipe Left.   Be a Ratchet Bitch to someone else, I'm not having it.   I like to spend Time and Money with Lovely People who are a Joy to be around and have Healthy Relationships with.  That's just how I prefer to Roll.   To me Unhealthy Relationships with anyone are just too Toxic to put yourself thru and be exposed to, be it Personally or Professionally.   And Behavior Tolerated is Behavior Accepted in Life... it's just how things play out with People.  And I am a firm Believer that no Human Being should be mistreated or put up with anyone who would mistreat them, period.




I woke up really late on Sunday, I don't know why I was so Tired, perhaps the whole Zoo Experience had been more physically and emotionally draining than I realized?  *LOL*  In a good way, but, still, it had apparently wiped me out since I Slept In until 11:30!!!   Yikes, I almost Slept the whole Morning away and will Work Tonight, so it left not a lot of time in between Waking Up and going to Work now.   LATER: Work was busy and my Sales are super Strong.  I've made more in One Week in the New Locations than I usually do in a Month with the Old one.   Location is better and we went in a different direction with our Merch, back to our Roots, it's made a huge difference immediately.




I Photographed the New Showroom a bit Tonight at Work... and then Below, Photographed the Old Showroom that I'm almost out of now.   Since, things are still Selling out of there really well, I am slowly taking just a Box of Inventory Home a Day out of there.  I have until next Weekend to be Vacated, so, as long as I've got prepaid Rent, why not make it Work for me until the last possible Minute?   I think people have a sense of Urgency to Buy out of a Vendor's Space that is Moving Out?  Becoz Honestly, I didn't expect so much to Sell out of there becoz we'd moved our best Merch over to the New Showroom.  Of coarse it's Selling briskly out of there too, which I expected... but things Selling briskly out of the Old Showroom was a complete pleasant unexpected Surprise. 




I did find out who Rented my Old Showroom, a New Vendor who already has a Showroom.  Just, WOW, that a New Vendor gets that kind of preferential treatment for Primo Spaces from The Jump!   I hear they've Rented a lot of Space and when someone told me who it was and I went and viewed the Spaces they already have, well... Color me Surprised.  Becoz frankly, I consider what I see of their Merch, them to be one of the Crap Hawkers.  Now, to be Fair, the Crap Hawkers do very well becoz a great many Impulse Shoppers and Bargain Basement Shoppers will Buy anything that's random and more importantly, Mass Produced or just Cheap.   But for a Crap Hawker to command Two Showrooms, when there's always been a long Waiting List for Showrooms, is a Surprise.  Not my Circus or my Monkeys tho', so... whatever...

 


We'll see how they transform the Space, mebbe they'll bring in better Quality Merch than I see in their other Showroom and Spaces?   But, mebbe they don't Need to if they're able to Sell whatever it is they hawk and it's making them Bank regardless of what it is?   Just for shits and grins, when they're all moved in, and if it turns out to be more crap or poorly Showcased, I'll Photograph it for some humorous Blog Fodder.  I'm not beyond covering both the good, the bad, and the ugly.  *Bwahahaha*   I have been holding onto the above Size 1 Jeans I used to be able to wear way back in Da Day, becoz I LOVE them so much I plan to deconstruct them and Create some Wearable Art with them that I CAN wear now.  *LOL*   I'm thinking it would make a great Fabric Altered Art Handmade Kimono Style Maxi Coat.




Anyway, I've been going thru my Wardrobe and Editing what I want to Keep, based on what I Love most and Wear most often, and, what fits.  What I'm Purging and Selling Off has actually Sold Out pretty fast, so, that's a good Sign that I'm reaching my Customer now.  *LOL*  I have items in my Closet that were Statement Pieces I paid a lot for and have no interest in re-selling even if the Value of them has gone way up.  Most are Retired Lines from my Favorite Designers like Magnolia Pearl, that I've bought from since the beginning of her Line.   Granted, some Years the Line went in a direction that wasn't my Style at all, but, that happens with any Designer.   I realize it's not all about me and other Clientele may totally dig a Seasonal Line I wouldn't wear or buy.  A Label alone doesn't ever do it for me.  I know what's for me... and what isn't.




I really dug MP's Great Spirit Line... a portion of the Sale of this Line went to Musically Fed, which supports a Mission to feed Indigenous Americans and Indigenous American Veterans, so, a great Cause.   Her Line from the beginning has never been inexpensive, but, every so often I've indulged myself with a piece and I've never regret any Purchase of MP I've ever made.   All of the Vintage MP I bought when she first began her Company has increased in Value exponentially.   All of her OOAK Bags made in the beginning by her personally, she hasn't made now in a long time now that she's a recognized Brand.   I have a significant Collection of those and to me each is a Work of Art, I enjoy Displaying them all the time even when I'm not using them.  So, they were an Investment I felt good about all around.




Now the Line is Outsourced and made in India, but, they still do a lot of Handwork.  Here in America it's difficult to find Employees who would do a lot of Handwork anymore to produce a Line.  Especially one that is popular and needs significant production to meet demand.   I do my own Handwork and Believe me, if I wanted to Sell any of my Creations, I'd never get what I Value my Time and Skill in the making of it.   So, I now only Create my OOAK Handwork for myself or for immediate Family.   I'd have to ask too much for any of it if I were to put any of it up For Sale.  But, when I get back into the Art Studio, I have a lot of Ideas to make some of my own Creations to wear, tho' I doubt I'd want to take Orders even if there was a demand.  




Nothing stifles Creativity quite like a Deadline.  I used to Create Commissioned Pieces and I got Burnt Out doing it and couldn't keep up with demand.  The Waiting List got too fucking long and I lost the Passion for cranking out too many Orders.   And, frankly, my Customers could have had a Baby quicker than waiting for me to complete a piece by Hand, since, I'm not a Machine and I don't mass produce anything, so, I only worked on a piece when I felt inclined to.   Sometimes I was On and sometimes I was Off, that's how my Creativity happens to just flow... or not.   Everyone was satisfied with their piece and many keep asking me if I'll ever make more, but, I Honestly told them... probably not to Sell.   It was about Feeding my Soul, not Selling it.  *LOL*




I've currently got some T-Shirts that don't fit me anymore but I just Love the Graphics of.  So rather than Resell some of them, I'm thinking of making Altered Art Wardrobe out of them and deconstruct the Graphics part to Sew into something else my Size.   So easy to do and turns a mass produced item into a OOAK item so easily.  I have so much Vintage Trim and Antique Fabric that I can Create Altered Fabric Art to Wear for Days.  *LOL*   When I do put some of my Fabrics up For Sale, I always Sell Out.  I've got some Bolts of unusual Vintage Fabrics that I probably won't use so I'm going to put them up For Sale soon in the New Showroom.   I know there are Crafters and Fabric Artists out there who will appreciate what it is.   I wouldn't live enuf Lifetimes to be able to use it all so I have to Cull my Hoard of it.  *Smiles*




Online tho' there are some Companies Selling some great Graphic Tees in my Size, so, I have ordered some that will be Delivered soon.   The above and below Tees are XXL, which will be nice and loose, so, I did order one of each on E-Bay.  Many of the Sellers ship for Free now, which is a Bonus, I don't have to go Shopping for it and it's delivered right to my Door at no charge... Win-Win.   I did have to order that one Fuggler I wanted with Three Eyes, since, nobody had them locally and I did want it, so... thought I better get the Special Edition one while they still had any in Stock being Sold Online.   Often the Special Edition Toys are only Sold and made for a specific Store, say, like Hot Topic, or TARGET.   And, you will always pay more for those Exclusives and they are Limited Editions too.  Those always increase in Value as a Collectible.  So, if I really want one, I'll pay the Extra for it.




Today I was discussing many of the Vintage Band Tees I have For Sale, with some of my Vendor Co-Workers.  Many of them remember the Bygone Concerts of those Tour Tees and the Bands or Artists, so, it was very Nostalgic for them to see some Originals.   Right now the Oldest ones I have are from Tours from the early 1970's.   And of coarse the Young People J'Adore any of the Anime Tees we have For Sale, those Sell Out often.   And Tees of Modern Artists and Bands do Sell well too.  I only carry those that I'm familiar with the Artist/Band tho', I know what I know and I don't know what I just don't know.   If the Artist or Band isn't one I know, I couldn't tell you anything about their Music, Popularity or any relevant information about whether it would Sell easily or be a Hard Sell, so, I just avoid it.  I wouldn't 'Know' that Customer.



*******

Happy Spring my Friends... Dawn... The Bohemian

2 comments:

  1. Phew...your space is superb...the missing friends, sad and makes me think of cutting off ones nose...a bit. Friendship is so fragile---best to work at it--somehow! hugs, alove all the photos and always do, eventhough sometimes I'm not in the mood to comment. I've been getting multi-doses of Vitamin SUN D and that is helping the mood. Take care Dawn your space is amazing and I'd love to shop there! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the sincere compliment Sandi, we're pleased with how the New Space turned out. As for cutting off one's Nose, so... you're saying I should forget about the Ratchet Woman at the Event and still go so as not to make my Friends there feel conflicted or uncomfortable about the situation that transpired and I feel some kind of way about? I just know myself, and, if that Anne Woman were to get confrontational with me again, I don't trust myself not to Go Off and make a Scene and out of Respect for the Owner, Kim, who is a Friend, and all the other Vendor Friends who Sell from there, I don't want to create an uncomfortable situation by sparring with a real Bitchy person that doesn't know how to treat people right. For me the best way to avoid a Situation, is to intentionally disengage from being around people who cause Situations or provoke. So, for now anyway, no desire to return, but, I could feel differently if enuf time passes, I just can't say right now when or if that would be?

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl