Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Wrong Made Right



 My Friend Kim, who Owns the Event I had the problem with in February, contacted me immediately after she found out what had happened.  She wanted to hear from me the specifics.  The Event is her Baby and entrusting it with reliable Staff is always a difficult thing to do.  A lot of people have strong personalities and as a Business Owner you must Deal with that of your Staff and your Clientele, with Finesse, Discernment and Fairness.  She made things right with me and we talked for quite some time, about all kinds of uplifting things, as well as about what had unfortunately happened.   I feel much better about it, told her I just needed a cooling off period, since I had been offended and insulted... which wasn't expected after going out of my way to correct a mistake I hadn't even made.  She hadn't gotten the whole Story from Anne when confronted about it, not Surprising.




 She agreed, never should have happened as it played out and apologized on behalf of her Manageress.  I'm satisfied and Good about it now, promised her I would begin attending again.  I miss everyone, never my intention to punish all for one Woman's folly/behavior.  She'll deal with it from here on out, which is best.  She's going thru a lot personally and I knew this, which is primarily why I hadn't bothered her with the Drama.  She needs to concentrate on her Health and have Good Energy for that.  With having compromised Health myself, it's why I avoid Negativity and Drama at all costs.  Good Health is paramount for us all.  When you have a lot on your Plate, you're spread thin, have to delegate responsibilities, and rely on people to Help out and cover things, Trusting they will be good Ambassadors for the Company, I understand.  Sometimes they drop the Ball and are not.




I got a lot on my own Plate, so had a Point of Reference with Kim's situation right now, and she with mine.  She's a Rock Star with dealing with all that's on her own Plate actually, personally and professional, so, she knows she's got my Mad Respect for her, she's Inspirational.  She's ran a Successful Business for Decades while juggling Raising a Family, battling Cancer and going thru a Divorce, it's a lot.  I have empathy, Life can be so hard and unfair even if you're Strong.  Moving On, The Man and I concentrated on our own Business at hand that day and got just about everything but the Art out of the Old Showroom.  We Donated some and brought the rest back Home.  It will rotate back in when Space in the New Showroom permits.  I'll keep the Art, Gallery Style, Showcased until Move Out Day in the Old Showroom.




It is funny to me how many other Vendors are still Curious and Care so much about whose getting that Showroom, since, I don't really Care one iota myself.  *LOL*  Will be interesting to see what the new Occupant will do with it tho', but, whatever... not my business, don't Care.  Mebbe they'll do something Positive with it, mebbe not, total crap shoot with the Newbies.  There's still high turnover and lots of internal Politics and Posturing that I prefer to stay out of completely, that way I stay Drama Free.  *Smiles*   I'm just not one to involve myself with the Posturing and Politics that always goes on behind the Scenes of any Organization that exists... and, it ALWAYS exists.





My Contentment is more valuable to me than dealing with all the personality and ego in any Grind.  My personal Mantra concerning Business is always to be Nice to all of them and Close to none of them, that way, Harmony prevails between us.   Business and Pleasure can be combined, but, remember what is Business... and what is Pleasure... about all of it.  I can easily do Business with Friends, but, I don't personalize Business, it's a means to whatever End I wanna make it and I'm strategic about what I wanna make it.  I can be very transactional that way about my Business dealings.  Don't allow Business to wreck Relationships, no Business is worth it.  Keep your Relationships Healthy.  Accept that sometimes you'll be Dealing with Strong Personalities.  It's Okay, I got one myself... and... I'm Opinionated.  *Winks*




I'm pleased that with a particularly crazy Election Cycle looming in November, that things are as Healthy as they are in Business right now.  But, Gas prices have gone Bananas in Arizona again, we're still a Dollar or more above National average.  But, we have a lot of Far Right still in power in our State, doing shit like re-enacting Archaic Policy they've dredged up from the 1800's and such, so, until we Purge those Asshats Politically, expect poor Leadership.  Those that Vote In poor Leadership should take heed and pay closer attention, don't continue being Fools.  Foolish decisions always have long reaching consequences.  A Mistake repeated more than Once is a Choice.




I'm getting more done around here now that I've realized how much I got done at the Antique Mall once I made it an intense focus in a block of time with a known Deadline.   Not that I have to create a Deadline at Home, but, it would be Helpful to set some Goal Dates for certain Projects instead of leaving them more open ended.   The Grandsons say they will be here to retrieve their belongings on May 10th.  They'll only be here 24-48 Hours due to Work obligations Allen has at the new Job.  So, it will mostly be us all helping them load up their stuff, I hope they will bring a big enuf U-Haul to get it all, we'll see.  The Young Prince has asked me to help with new Wardrobe, so I've been holding back Inventory they liked and asked for.




I know finances are tight for them, but having their own place, without having Roommates, will make all the difference.  Spreading costs only works if you have reliable people to Share the Space with who hold up their end of the arrangement and everyone gets along in Harmony.   The fact Allen has trouble Sharing Space with too many personalities matters.  The Young Prince would rather have more solitude too and less personalities to deal with.  So, they're best off having a little House with just the Two of them sorting out their personal priorities and habits.  I'm excited for them finally getting one to Rent and experience as a Newlywed Couple.  If it works out, they may consider being Homeowners one day themselves and Buy, if the Location is right.




I have never been much of a Fan of Renting Space, I'd rather Own it, but, it's not for everyone to Invest in Real Estate.  I personally think it's a Wise Investment Vehicle and Rentals just make Landlords richer at the Renter's expense.  I know a lot of folks who have preferred Renting Space and avoid what they wouldn't like about having the responsibilities of Owning Property tho'.  Sometimes I've been Surprised that savvy Business folk I know have not Owned the Real Estate they've lived in long term.   I had just assumed they Owned it, but Leasing desired Space is often Popular if most of their assets are tied up in their Business.  Investments are a personal choice, I like Investing, so, always have, it's Served me well to Invest wisely.




The Kiddos now have me binge listening to U-Tube Music on my main TV.  I prefer Music to Shows and discovering new Music I like is a Rush.  I like that I can plug in a Genre of Sound I prefer and U-Tube just runs with it and has been On Point to find Music that's Fresh to me and similar enuf to my Taste to really enjoy discovering.  I've found some new Music Artists I'd never heard of before, that I just now LOVE and are New Favorites now.   Like Teddy Swims "Lose Control" and Jelly Roll "Save Me" and "Need A Favor".   Both of these Singers look Hard, big Guys with Facial Tats and all, but have the most Beautiful Passionate Voices, Songs they Sing with Heart and great Lyrics, gave me Chills.




Surprised to find some Country Artists whose out of the C&W Box Songs I actually enjoy a lot.   Lil Nas & Billy Ray Cyrus do a duo "Old Town Road" that I liked and got the Humor of.  It had controversy in C&W Circles... it was removed from the Country Charts for not being "Country Enough", but the innuendo went deeper than that, clearly.  Which to me was even funnier and I'm sure was the Point of the Artists doing the collaboration and bucking norms. *LMAOROTF*  When something like that breaks barriers successfully, Status Quo often resents it and tries to marginalize it being popular with the masses. 




  I liked it a lot, and the video made me Laugh out loud.  I also like both Artists and their collaboration was on Point IMO and had a sense of Humor about it.   Since non-conformity is something I ascribe to and completely understand, Status Quo being so predictably Boring and rigid.  With Artistry, Freedom of expression should always prevail, regardless of the Status Quo... which, YAWN and Fuck it.   Those that take themselves too Seriously are such a Bore  and in that can be such a Joke anyway.  *LOL*   Billy Ray was one of the few C&W Genre Artists I ever liked in the early 1990's, he was controversial by pushing boundaries to Music Norms then too.  And, he was easy on the Eyes... even with a fucking Mullet.  *Winks*  I like his Daughter Miley's Music too, the Gal's got a set of Pipes on her.




I like Crossover Artists and that usually sparks Controversy in the Music Industry when Artists have the Raw Talent to successfully Cross Over.  They typically get Negatively critiqued for doing so, even if their Work is exemplary and well received by Listeners.  I think it just Threatens those that stick with a Genre, want to Control it and try to exclude, and perhaps that's all they have in them?  Just sayin'.   Beyonce's "Cowboy Carter" Release is doing very well, and she was Inspired to make it after an experience when she did not feel Welcome... you Go Girl, I Support that.  If the Welcome Mat isn't offered nor extended, just kick the fucking Door down then and just Walk on In and Own the place.  *Winks*




I had the Three In The Mornin's again, but, I'd taken a long early Nap, so, it's not Surprising.  In Retirement I'm finding I Work when I wanna Work and just Sleep when I wanna Sleep.   So, it doesn't really matter when I'm up or when I'm deciding it's time for a Siesta.  *LOL*   So long as I can Wake Up when needed... to do what I need to do, I'm Golden about my odd Sleep habits now.   The Man is jealous that when I'm Tired, I can just Sleep thru damned near anything and go right out.  He marvels that when my Head hits the Pillow, I'm Asleep almost immediately and never wake up until I'm fully Rested.  So, my Insomnia isn't lack of Sleep so much as just keeping Weird Hours.  *Smiles*




I'm tooling around the House getting things done between 3:00-5:00 a.m. now most Days.   Then I might just go back to Bed and Sleep some more... or... not need to.  I almost always take Naps now like a Toddler, or, I'd get fussy like one too.  *Bwahahaha*  So, if you Call or need me and I'm Asleep at some Bizarre Time, it's my New Normal, Deal with it.  The Kiddos are like, "Is Mom/Gramma Asleep again Grandpa?"   Yep... and... learn to NOT Wake me unless it's an Emergency Okay?  Better yet, just Dial 911 and Wake me when the Emergency Services arrive... you've Got This.  *Smiles*   Now that everyone is Grown, well, Honestly, my Caregiving is more Laid Back and there's Three Generations on Hand here, they should be able to handle some shit as a Collective I figure.  *Ha ha ha*




The Man will sometimes be petulant and make pitiful claims like, "I haven't eaten all day Honey...", 'til I remind him he's got Legs, knows where the Kitchen is, where the Food is, and doesn't need Safety Prompts or Supervision if he just uses the Microwave.  I Outline how it Works:  If you're Hungry, EAT, Eat 'til Full, then Stop.  Simple.  Se, se puede!  *LOL*   The Kiddos take more pity on him and indulge, but, I know him, if he can get someone to do something for him that he can damned well do for himself, despite the TBI limitations but using it as a handy lame excuse, he'll milk that shit for all it's worth.  *LOL*  I just have to give him The Look and he knows Homegirl don't Play that.  *Smiles* 




Princess T cracked me up on the ride in to School this Morning.  She said "Straight" Anthony wore a Skirt to School Yesterday and made a point to ask her how he looked in it?  As if she's the Transgender Police or Expert becoz she has a Trans Sibling.  She said he didn't look that good, he's a Handsome Guy now, but can't Rock a Transgender Look like her Brother can, but, she didn't wanna hurt his Feelings either.   A gutsy move to wear one to High School or in Public when he's always presented as a Dude, have to admit.  I asked her if she felt he's doing it for Attention or if he genuinely likes wearing Women's Clothing and is just being authentic to Self or just Confused?   She said, "Not sure, it IS Anthony..."   And, we both Laughed, since, Anthony is Anthony and his Attention seeking Track Record antics are Legendary.  *Smiles*  I'm glad she was Kind to him tho'.  




She said all the Teachers are now making it a point to diss the "Super Seniors" as it nears Graduation, full well knowing she IS one.  *Le Sigh*  "Well, is THAT what they're Calling you these days?", I quipped to Lighten the Mood with Dark Humor and an Eye Roll.   She Laughed and said, "Yeah, Retard has fallen out of Political Correctness favor... and SUPER sounds so much less condescending or patronizing, huh?"  *Insert her doing a huge Eye Roll with a sarcastic Laugh*   I know it stings and hurts her Feelings and is totally inappropriate and unprofessional of the Staff.  But, that's what the Special Needs Students often have to Deal with, it's not just the Students who are Bullies and total crass Assholes sometimes.  And filing complaints fall on Deaf Ears and causes retaliation, so, we no longer bother.  Waste of Time and Emotional outlay expended, nothing really Changes.




I'd rather her Mother and I meet some of them in the Parking Lot after School and do some intimidation of our own, but, Princess T would rather we not catch Charges.  Tho', she said the Fantasy is a nice  Visual to Imagine.  *Winks*   Every Teacher and Administrator this Year made it a point to never meet me in Person, too cowardly I guess?  *Winks*   She said her Teachers gush about me in flattering ways, which annoys her, she imagines it's to make sure she says only Nice things about what they say about ME?  *LOL*  But, are too Stupid to realize what they say about HER is more important and relevant to me... so, it's amusing to her really.  I could give Two Shits what they Think or say about ME, but my Kiddo, otra cosa!!!  She finds it particularly ironic that "Educators" can behave so ignorantly, immaturely, unprofessional and stupidly, yet, act like ALL Students should be Exceptional, so as to make THEIR Jobs easier.  Hard to Earn Respect being that way.




  She says, "I have Learning Disabilities, I'm not a Tard or a Moron, they don't seem to Get that."  She doesn't Care to be PC, and Yes, she'll freely use the now forbidden R Word and said she's been Called much worse, so the Pearl Clutchers and those with Delicate Sensibilities can just Deal with the insensitivity too.   I tell her it isn't a Nice Word, but replacing it with Patronizing Words like Special or Super is worse IMO and hers.   Come on, it's insulting and probably has been chosen on Purpose as an Insider Joke. The Staff talk about the high functional Kids like her in front of them, as if they also don't even know they're there and are invisible, it pisses her off.  Lord knows what they say or do in front of the severely Developmentally Disabled Kids that those poor Souls can't communicate to their Loved Ones?   Especially those who are Non-Verbal or can't express or protect themselves in any kind of way.




 I don't even want to Imagine... but, I can speculate, given what my Kiddos have told me for Two Generations of dealing with blatant Disability Discrimination that is rampant in The System.  Societal biases don't end or are put on Pause at entering any Campus.  Several of my Grandkids have made it clear not much has improved since my Kids were School Aged.  And Yes, Adults often Teach their Kids how to Treat other Human Beings.  So, when you see or hear any Kiddos projecting wicked shit, remember, they usually are Learning what they Live.   The Apples aren't falling far from the Tree that bore them and the Fruits that Tree produces.   Never have had any clarity as to why Kindness, Harmony, Peacefulness and Civility is so damned hard for some folks?   I just have to assume they are Tortured Souls on the Inside and it just spews outwards when it just can't be contained and masked anymore and ruptures like any Toxic Infection that must have a Release???




But, some Kids succeed in spite of obstacles.  Above is the Middle Granddaughter in Mexico on the Left, at her Graduation Ceremony.   She too had Special Educational Needs and Learning Disabilities.  There's another Older Sister between this one and Princess T, whose in College now on a full Scholarship and is a Gifted Advanced Student.  This one pictured is The Daughter's Fourth Child of Five.   She's dyed her Naturally Blonde Hair dark... she doesn't have Red Demon Eyes either *LOL*... she has my Pale Grey Eyes which tend to pick up reflections of other Colors you're wearing and the Red Sash clearly did that.  *Bwahaha*  I couldn't find a Red Eye Reduction Filter to correct it.   She looks so much like I did in my Graduation pix that it's eerie!   If I could dredge it up I'd prove it and you'd see, we look like we could be the same person.  *LOL*   Dredged it up Below, uncanny resemblance, huh?  *Smiles, it's like looking at yourself transported Young into the Future.*



*******

Blessings, Love and Light from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian


2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking the woman who offended you will react one of two ways when she next sees you. 1) she will give you a hard tight faced mad dog look that silently says "You Beoch!" or 2) she will be embarrassed, run and hide. Let us know which, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I fully expect that now having had exposure and consequences to her inappropriate handling of a Situation she should have been able to handle without incident or offense, she will feel some kind of way. I don't really Care, I already told the Owner that I don't expect to ever have to deal with that Woman again if anyone expects me to keep patronizing the Events. I go to have a Positive pleasurable experience and if it isn't one, Peace Out, that's just the bottom line. I don't think any Customer attends anything to be mistreated or offended. If that person cannot be professional enough to treat people appropriately, she should probably not have Customer contact. There are some folks who aren't good with people, they could be valuable in a non-customer contact position better suited to their temperament. I will let you all know how it goes. My hope is, without further incident, or, I'd have to just say, not worth it and no more chances.

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl