Wednesday, April 10, 2024

New Beginnings Just In Time For Spring

 



The Man and I went back to the New Showroom to finish stocking it with Fresh Merch for the coming Weekend and to finish hanging the Trim I had bought on the Shelving.   Some of the Fresh Tee's Graphics are included in this Post.  We'd had trouble Sourcing enuf Wire Hangars for the Merch, which I prefer to use, since Customers tend to break Plastic Hangars all the time.  The Wire ones are Old School and now come thicker and coated in a nice White Rubbery Substance, they're indestructible.  But, Wal-Mart was Sold Out and so was TARGET.  Luckily, while the Girls helped me tidy our Boudoir this Afternoon, we found some I forgot I had.  *Whew*

 



So, I don't have enuf of it to finish the Job yet, but this is the Multi-Color Pom-Pom Trim I bought from JoAnn's.  They only had this much and I need about Two Yards more to finish trimming the Shelving.  I'm going to check another JoAnn's Location to see if they have it.   I know it's Unnecessary, but, we like to be Extra about Decorating/Styling our Spaces.  *LOL*   It reminds me of the humorous Commercial that's Theme is called "Unnecessary Action Hero".  *Smiles*   I think I told you the Mall did a Video of our New Showroom but Princess T and I were unable to figure out how to transfer and load it to my Blog Post.  It wouldn't drag over on the feature that should be able to interface it, so I could only Share it on my FB Page so far.  Bummer.  I'd like to Share it here, my Vendor Friend Felicia Created it, and it's really good.




If my Niece were here she's a Tech Guru so she'd be able to show us how to do it.   The Showroom was very Editorial for the Video, so I was pleased with the promotion of the New Space on The Antique Mall's Book Of Faces Page.   So, if you want to View it there this is the Link, which is probably the easiest way for me to share it:  BRASS ARMADILLO ANTIQUE MALL WEST.   There's more than one way to circumvent my being Tech Challenged.  *Winks*   It's on the Reel from April 7th, which at the present time is about the 3rd Post down on their FB Wall.  They tout it as me being a New Vendor in Room 140... which, I'm New to that Showroom.  But, in actuality I've been there since The Mall opened Years ago and made the very first Sale they had... so I'm not that "New".  *Bwahahaha*





I'm still Culling my Starbucks Mug and Tumbler Collection, they're Selling briskly and I did Donate some too that I didn't wanna bother Selling.   I usually just want to resell any that are more Collectible and not as Common.   Some have increased in Value, especially Limited Edition and Specialty ones.   Those that profile a particular City or State are always quite popular.  I have some of the Rarer ones in my Collection that will remain Keepers.  We use a lot of mine at Home, but not the most Valuable ones, becoz it ruins the Value as a Collectible.  I just have a Thing for Starbucks Mugs, I really like them and have Collected them for Years now.  But, I had amassed too many and had to decide which were Keepers and which should be Downsized and Culled.





Some of the Young Workers at our Antique Mall who are Paid Employees, were Buying some of my Tees before I even got them into Inventory.  *LOL*  They told me they like too many of what I'm bringing in and will want to Buy more when they get Paid.  *Smiles*  I will give any of them a standing Discount, they're all good Kiddos and most are the Age of my Adult Grandkids and have become Friends with me.   I know I'm on the Right Track when they critique what I'm bringing in and really Loving it all... they are the Demographic Princess T and I are catering to in this New Showroom's Garment and Accessories section.  I figure they'll all be Walking Advertisements if they're wearing what they Buy from us and then their Friends ask where they got it from.  *Winks*  Above is the Cardi B Tee... Love that Gal.  She's so Sassy, Funny and unashamed of being so Hood... and was a Stripper before she became Famous as a Rap Singer/Entertainer, she's a Riot.




Speaking of Starbucks, we had Breakfast there this Morning before going in to do Work.  I tried the new Iced Lavender Cream Oatmilk Matcha... with one of their Ham and Cheese Croissants.   Both were very good, I'd definitely order them again.   The Drink will be Seasonal, so, don't know if they'll do it thru Summer or only for Spring?    Our TARGET has a Starbucks location in it and if I use my TARGET Red Card I get a Discount on any purchases used there too.   I had intended to do more at the Showroom, but, I had to pick up Princess T after School and wait for the NISSAN Dealership Owner to drop by the House and help me with the Online Survey and bring my Free Gift over.  We live so close to the Dealership he Volunteered to do that, which is nice.  




With helping me with the Online Survey it only took a couple Minutes, which benefits them and me.   I have a Dash Mat as my Gift, so that was a nice Surprise to Thank me for our Business with them.  I finished pricing some Inventory after the Owner of the Dealership left.  The House is Clean and in Order now except for a little bit of the Dining Room, which, I should be able to finish in half a day.  Having the Main House, most of the Back Porch and most of the Art Studio Space in Order is huge.  I can then move towards doing more in The RV Garage Mahal now and focus on that exclusively.  Maintaining what we've done is what I'm also going to work really hard on, so that I develop better habits of not cluttering up Space.  I think I can do it, the incentive is there, becoz the Energy feels so much better when everything is clutter free, Orderly and Cleaner.

 



I'm Selling Off some Altered Art, this one is called POW and is Signed by the Artist.   It's a Pistol Created from Orphaned Vintage Jewelry and Toys.   I like Art like this, I find it not only interesting, but also utilizes Supplies that otherwise, if not repurposed, would be discarded.   I'm a Salvager by Nature and like to not only Rescue things, and Preserve things, but find other uses for them that have Purpose, Function and Recycles what has already been produced, rather than Wasting it or producing more.   We've become such a disposable wasteful Society and it bothers me a lot.   We have so much as a Nation and yet also Waste so much, excess that less fortunate Nations would feel privileged to have even some of, and don't.   I Wish there was a more effective way to redistribute what is currently Wasted, to be used by those who'd appreciate and purpose it, or desperately need it. 





Since we Traveled the World extensively, since both my Dad and my Husband were Career Military Men, and my Mom and half my Grandparents were Foreign Born, we had points of reference of other Nations and their lack of what we often take for Granted.  A lot of why so many are Wasteful is excess in abundance and often, just laziness.  Few want to put in the effort to fix, save, or redistribute what they no longer want.   Rather than even Donate to a worthy Cause or Charitable Organization that will benefit from it, they'll just throw the items away to be Landfill bound.   When we lived in Affluent Subdivision Hell, you'd be disgusted with how much of considerable Value ended up in the Trash! That would have been so beneficial had they taken any effort at all to Donate it to a Charity that would have probably even come and picked it up.







There was one Wealthy Neighbor that was notorious for throwing out very expensive items and I once asked her why she didn't Donate any of it?   She simply said she couldn't be bothered!   I asked her if she minded if I took it to a Charity.    She didn't care, so, every time I saw piles of it curbside on Bulk Garbage Day, I'd load up my full size Truck and take it to several of the Charities I knew would appreciate the valuable Donation.   The Woman had Six Children of various ages, and the expensive Children's Clothing she tossed that they'd grown Bored with was outrageous.  So, I'd take Boxes of that to the Domestic Violence Shelter, Hope's Closet.  They not only distributed it to the Families in their Shelter, but overage went to their Thrift Store that financed a lot of the Ministry Work they did for Victims of Domestic Violence.  Now, that Wealthy Family could have done that themselves, but, just couldn't be bothered.  
  




I found this Cute Hippie VW Bus Tin at a Chazza and decided not to Sell it, but to Keep it instead, it just makes me Smile.   I guess it once held Puzzle Pieces of the very same Bus, now missing, but, it did still have the Poster inside of the Bus.   A Bargain at Ninety-Nine Cents.  I remember VW Buses like this and Wish I had one now.  I've seen a few tooling around the City, if one ever came up For Sale all tricked out like this, I'd Buy it if the Price was Fair.  *Smiles*   I've spent a couple Days Creating this Post, and tho' I've made a LOT of progress in my Housekeeping of the Main House, I have been remiss at times on my GOLO Plan and backslid a bit.  Still take the Supplements, but have Stress Eaten a few things and reverted back to some bad Habits I have to Check myself with again.  *Le Sigh*




The Plan is working and not hard, so, easy to go back to and I know with any Lifestyle Changes, you do have to develop consistency to stay on track better/best.   So, I'm vowing to get back to being more disciplined, since, the Weight lost so far was so easy and self sabotaging makes zero sense.   I just have to keep certain things out of the Pantry/House and I'll be fine, since I don't have Cravings.  It's just falling back into some bad Habits IF some things I turn to for Comfort are available.   Stress eating even when it's good Stressors, is something I know I do with regularity, even when I am not Hungry.   Not that there's much Stress in my Life mind you... bwahahahahahahahahahaha.  Okay, couldn't resist saying that.  *Winks*  Above is a Pix of our NISSAN Dealership I got my Truck at, they had one Historic Vehicle in Inventory For Sale in the Interior Showroom.




And speaking of Showrooms, our New one is 99.9% completed now.  So, I shall be spending more time clearing out the Old one now as the Vacate Date looms closer.   I don't want to wait too long to empty it out and wait 'til the 11th Hour, too much pressure to wait for the actual Deadline.   So, I'm trying to find room for whatever is left in there that I won't be Donating, since, dragging it Home to Store isn't something I want to bother with either.   The New Showroom is pretty stocked with both Fresh Merch and some that I brought over from the other Space.  As things Sell out of both Showrooms it's easier to accomplish my Task tho'.   Funny how with the Old one people feel a sense of Urgency now to Buy what's in there, assuming it's the last chance.  Even tho' my Signage tells them that I'm moving over to the other Location.  *LOL*



So, anyway, Today I shall spend some Time there picking out anything that should just be Donated now and disposing of at least that much in the Old Space.   The first Day Off that The Son has I want to get the large Bookshelf Home, it's not For Sale, but will be the most difficult thing to transport, it's very tall and was constructed on site.   LATER: Got all our designated Work done in the Showroom, I had a huge Box of Donations from the Old Showroom to drop off at a Charity Shop.   I put another large Box full of Fresh Inventory in the New Showroom too.  I marked down some Merch in the Old Showroom and will do that some more to clear it out as much as possible before the 27th Move Out Date.  If the Display Furniture doesn't Sell I'll bring about half of it Home, the other half will be Donated.




I finally found a Wal-Mart that hadn't Sold Out of the White Plastic Coated Wire Hangars I use.  They only had Six sets of Ten left, so, I bought them all, just in case they're discontinuing carrying them?  They're only just over Two Bucks for Ten, so a Bargain and quite thick and indestructible.  I'd Invested in good Plastic Designer Hangars initially but Customers keep breaking them, so, I've gone to the Wire almost exclusively now.  Plus, so far I'm the only Vendor using that type so I can spot mine.  I used to put my Vendor Number on a Tag, but, those kept getting torn off, so it was extra work for nothing.   Now I should have enough even if some turn up missing.




I was talking to some of my Vendor Friends and all of them are having Soft Sales and are concerned... I am not, so, I can't commiserate, our Sales have been really Strong since I opened the New Showroom and Locked Case, so, I can't complain.   I had noticed that Sunday was Slow for a Weekend and when we went in Today {Wednesday in Real Time}, it was Slow too, not a lot of Customers in the Mall.   So, I could get a lot done with no interruptions or trying to work around Shoppers.  So, we got done in record time.  The Man came to assist, he's gotten good about putting the Clothing Security Tags on the Merch, so I give him that Job to do.   I reward him with either Breakfast or Lunch out for all his Help.  If he has no Incentive, he has no Motivation otherwise.  *LOL*  We had to finish up early since Princess T gets out of School at Noon on Wednesdays.

 


Our usual Morning Haunts were too busy this Morning to get Served and Eat before going to pick her up so much earlier.  So we tried somewhere different and glad we did.  We were in Litchfield Park and a little Diner there with Alfresco dining turned out to be an excellent choice.   Their Iced Coffee was exceptional and so was their Oatmeal, which came with the side of Fruit and was such a hearty portion it will be Two Meals for both of us.  We were watching as other Diners Plates came and everything looked really good, so, we'll definitely be going back.  It seemed to be a popular spot for Fire and Rescue to have their Meals, the Departments from both Neighboring Cities were there having Breakfast.  I think it was called "Park Cafe" and our View dining on the Patio was lovely, see Below, which was just to the Left of our Table:



I just J'Adore a Palm Tree Lined Street, it looks so Regal and Elegant.   All of the best Neighborhoods did that around the various Cities.  I happen to Love all varieties of Palms and am glad we have Two Beautiful Old ones at this Property.   But, with Palms either folks Love 'em or absolutely HATE them.   The Craziest thing the Palm Haters do if they Buy a Property with Mature Palms, is to cut the tops off just leaving the Trunk, it looks ridiculous and an Eyesore.  If you're gonna remove it, just cut the whole damned thing down.   One of our Neighbors did that to their Trio of Regal 40+ Year Old Palms and one didn't Die and made a comeback.   The Neighbor next door to them had all kinds of Gorgeous Palms and Mature Trees and cut them all down!  It went from being one of the best looking Properties with great Curb Appeal, to looking ravaged and an Eyesore, with Stumps everywhere.  I don't Get It???!!!




*******

Blessings, Love and Light from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian



2 comments:

  1. Found the video! What a fun place to visit! No wonder your sales are up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you could View it, I really did want to include it in my Post but we could find no way to transfer it to my Blog, just to Facebook. And, our Antique Mall site gives you more of an overview of Vendors and what the Mall looks like. I've been negligent about promoting my own Biz, but now I'm prouder of what we're doing, I'll try to do better. *smiles* I thought my Friend Felicia did a Fine job of the Reel of our Showroom.

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl