Monday, August 17, 2026

Some Sweet Nostalgic Moments





I'm steamrolling ahead with Unpublished Posts, it's been enjoyable to be more relaxed than Blogging in Real Time.  I Scored a Medical Grade Chrome and Tan Leatherette Adjustable Rolling Medical Stool to sit on while working on Inventory at the Back Patio for only $8 at SAVERS.  They are around $169 Online, it's a very good Quality one, good condition, and will be more efficient than sitting in a stationary Chair back there and have to keep getting up out of it and sitting back down as I do things.  I can whiz around on this Stool and it's just the right Height, spins and rolls smoothly.  I got a Vintage Chunky Krispy Kreme Coffee Mug for $2 and an Iridescent Pearlized colored STARBUCKS textured Ceramic Tumbler that has raised wavy Pattern on it, for $3, Online it's going for $20.  {See the Online Auction exact same one pictured Below}  I still have a Thing for Collecting various Vintage Diner Mugs and STARBUCKS Mugs and Tumblers.





I got a La La Loopsie Large Doll for $3, coz Princess T said they're making a big Comeback and Online they're asking $30-$60 for the one I got, we'll Resell it.  {See Pix like it Below}  Mine isn't New Old Stock Boxed and doesn't have her little Dog, but while Checking out several Twenty-Something Young Stylish Women came up gushing over it and jealous that I'd Scored it before they could.  So, I know she'll be a Quick Turn and Princess T said, "See, I told you Gramma... a lot of the Old Toys are making a huge Comeback and some aren't being manufactured in the U.S. anymore like "Calico Critters"." {Pictured underneath the La La Loopsie Image}  Off and On I've had a bunch of these Collectible Toys and had noticed an uptick in Sales of these specific ones, now I know Why.  She said to move them to our Locked Case for sure for added Loss Prevention now they're so desirable.  Sad that you have to do that coz it's mostly the Parents doing the Shoplifting, not the Kids.

  






It's 116 Today and muggy, so I just haven't spent much time Outside for obvious reasons.  I have to go to my Dealership Tomorrow tho' coz my Truck notified me that my Key Battery is low and I've been told that after replacing it they MIGHT have to do a Reset on Programming it to my Truck, which I'd have no idea how to do.   Online it says if you change it out quick enuf, which, I don't do anything quick enuf anymore, and I've never changed one out before either, the Chip in the Fob will retain it's Memory Code.  I'm just not risking it if it doesn't.  And, I don't even know which kind of Battery it even uses.  Plus, I do need to get in and have my Oil Changed anyway, so they can do both at once for me and I'll be good for a while longer in preventative Maintenance.






E-Bay notified me that they're looking into the Fake Mushroom Coffee Vendor and made them remove the Listing.  It seems this Seller had some deeply hidden Negative Feedback Reviews for Selling Fakes or Questionable items, so I think that kind of Seller should be Banned.  From what Feedback the Buyers made, none got a Refund, which, they should have.  The Seller has to know they're Selling Fake Products in violation of E-Bay and Intellectual Property Infringements.  Safety concerns should be in the forefront of Edible/Ingested items that are Fakes and Packaged and Sold as if they're legitimate and nobody knows what the Contents even are in a Fake Product, could be anything.  I didn't even know so many Products are being Faked... scary stuff if no Regulations exist penalizing whoever is Selling them as if they are the legitimate Product.   I have a Reference ID No. that E-Bay Issued me while they conduct their Investigation of the allegations.







Well, my Nissan Dealership Comped me all the stuff they had to do for me Today, a nice Surprise.  Complimentary Oil Change, they say I have Eight more Complimentary Oil Changes on the House... Free Battery for my Key Fob, Free Filters coz they needed changing too.  I drank copious amounts of their Gourmet Complimentary Coffee Lattes and Cappuccinos while waiting on my Complimentary Service.  *Smiles*  So, it was a good Morning and they tried to Buy Back my Truck from me at 125% of the Value coz it apparently is a Model they need and want for Resale of Used Nissan Frontier Trucks, but, we couldn't sweeten the Deal enuf for me to Upgrade to another Nissan Frontier.  For the past 4 Truck Purchases they throw in a tonnage of Freebies, low or 0% Interest, Free Lifetime Oil Changes, etcetera... but, I'm very demanding when convinced to Upgrade coz I prefer to have Paid Off Vehicles and no Car Note Payments.  *Smiles*  I've been a repeat Client long enuf they know how I am.  *Ha ha ha*  But they've always treated me Right.






Near the Dealership the City Cleanup Crews had bagged a bunch of Cans and Water Bottles, but the Bag was deteriorating badly in the Heat and wouldn't have held up 'til they picked it up before falling apart.   So I picked it up, took all the Cans out to Recycle and put the Water Bottles in a City Trash Bin at the Park while I did more Environmental Cleanup.  I don't do Plastics coz they're only about 5 Cents a Pound and my Bags would cost me more than I'd get for collecting and recycling them.  Aluminum is at 70 Cents a Pound.   I took The Man to "Applebees" for Brunch since he hadn't eaten at all since I'd headed for the Dealership real early after dropping all Kiddos off at Work.  The Dealership was super busy even then, I wouldn't have gotten in Today had I waited and I didn't know how much Juice was left in that Key Fob Battery?  I could not risk it crapping out, not being able to Work, and then needing to be reset if the Chip went Offline.







It's bulk Garbage Day on Monday so I gleaned a Metal Industrial Grey Shelving Unit Curbside.  The folks had Two but one was badly twisted and this one was in very good condition and worth Salvaging to put beside The RV Garage Mahal to Store things on like Yard Maintenance Tools and stuff to Organize with a good Shelving Unit for Storage.  We are trying to make things more Orderly, Organized and Tidy, even on the Exterior Storage Spaces.  I'm ridding us of anything not Useful and just Donating it or Recycling it for Scrap Metal.  We have a good rapport with our Local Recycle Center and the Owner of it.   And a lot of our Friends and Neighbors are some of his better Customers too, so sometimes he'll make Deals with us all that he won't with just anyone or everyone.   I'm gonna ask The Son if we should pick up that other Shelving Unit to turn in for Scrap Metal Salvage?






I Scored a Grey Labubu for Princess T at a Chazza {see that one Below}, I don't know if it's a Knock Off Lafufu... but I got it for Four Bucks so... whatever.  It's Adorable either way.  And then we went back to pick her up and they had Three Authentic Labubu's in Green, Lavender and Blue, so I Bought them too, she Authenticated them with her Phone coz you can Scan the Barcode now so you aren't accidentally Buying a Fake.  But, I only paid Ten each for them so I didn't Care really if they were Real or not... but... they were, so, Booyah!   She doesn't Care about the lil Guy Below, didn't bother to Scan him coz whatever he is, he's Adorbs and she really likes him, so he was well worth the Three Bucks.   I got a lot of Halloween Design Paper Plates at the GOODWILL for 99 Cents a package in various sizes, so now we don't have to Wash Dishes for a long while, which, is Priceless.  *Smiles*  What Price can you put on NOT Washing Dishes, Right?  *Winks*







The Labubu Craze is fading, but she still likes them so when I can pick them up on The Cheap I Buy them for her.  Resale we could still make Money since we made our Money on the Buy to begin with, way below Retail.   She got some other Plushie Anime Character she likes too, I forgot it's Name.   Since it was 117 when we got Home I jumped in the Pool to Cool off, felt refreshing and now I'm in my Jammies by 4:30 p.m..  *LOL*  Done Todaying for Today, clearly.  *Winks*  The Daughter's Friend Danae picked her up to take her back to Jason's House.  He's the Disabled Nephew of our Nextdoor Neighbors and lives on a Mini Farm out near the White Tank Mountains, he's the Elderly Son of the Brother of our Neighbor Old Tom, whose in his 80's, his Brother passed away and had Three Mini Farms out there that his extended Family live on now.





  The Family are at odds tho' and trying to Sell the one Jason lives in, out from under him.  Which is a Paid Off Property, so it's foolishness, the Siblings of Jason got into a lot of Debt and stripped all the Equity out of their other Two Inherited Properties, so now they owe Money on those, and will squander the rest of the Inheritance and try to screw over their Disabled Brother.   The Daughter has been out there helping Jason with the Maintenance coz he's not able to do it, he's Crippled badly, but isn't a Lazy Old Man and does what he can.  She feels badly that his Able Bodied Siblings are trying to screw their Disabled Brother over like they are, she doesn't like them and they're a bit scared of her.  *LOL*  So, Jason likes her being out there and has a Guest Cottage on his Acreage that she can stay in, she Cooks, Cleans, Tidies up the Property for him, and says he's the nicest Old Man, which, he is.




  

He doesn't like Mando tho', so I know when she's out there with Jason helping out, Mando isn't allowed on his Property either, which is good.  *Winks*  And Jason isn't taking Advantage of her, or her with him, he Pays her a little bit for what she's doing for him, even tho' she wouldn't quote a price and would do it just to be a Blessing to the Old Guy.   When she's doing any little Jobs for anyone, it's never about the Money for her, it's about whether they truly need the Help.  If I don't think she's being exploited I will be okay with her helping out someone in Need, it's never the Wrong thing to do for folks.   Sometimes Jason gives her things in Trade for Work coz he's been a Salvager like me for Years too, he's only slightly Younger than me I think.   So she says he has a lot of Cool stuff and he doesn't mind giving her some of it knowing it's going to be given to me.  We all Love Jason and his Cousins, TJ and Rob, look out for him too... so does his Uncle, Old Tom, their Dad.  They all know the extended Family and other Cousins are doing him Wrong, or trying to.








Anyway, Jason has good Friends out there who have means and own lots of Mini Farm Properties out there too.   So he's made Introductions and The Daughter goes and works for a lot of them too, coz most of them are Old Men without Wives, either Widowers or just Single Old Guys.   She gets along fabulously with Old People, especially Old Cranky Men, she doesn't put up with nonsense from them but is very Caring towards them like she is with her Dad, so they Adore her and know her Heart is in the Right place, she enjoys helping them out.   Most of them are serious Collectors too and one Old Guy has Killer Collections and his Home is all Antiques of Western Collectibles and Native American Collectibles, really Decorated Cool.  He has a huge Fieldstone Fireplace with a Buffalo Mount above it.  His Bar Stools are Saddles and he has an Old Fashioned Saloon Style Bar in his Den and Game Room.  Looks just like the Old West coz he has so much Authentic turn of the Century Western Collectibles in it.  It's not my Aesthetic but I can appreciate it when it's done that well.  He looks like an Old Cowboy too.






Above is The Son and Gypsy James Fishing at a South Phoenix Park Lake.   Gypsy James either grows most of what he eats or Hunts and Fishes for it, he's a Health Nut and always has been, he's got quite the Green Thumb and his Garden he grows it in at his House there Southside in a Historic Barrio, is impressive.  He's the only White Guy there in that Neighborhood but since he's an Irish Gypsy, everyone leaves him alone... you don't mess with the Travellers.  *Bwahahahahaa*   They are a distinct Indigenous Ethno-Cultural Group native to Ireland and are completely unrelated to the Romani People, but they're very insular as a Group too... and very Persecuted as well, suffering the same Marginalization and systemic barriers to Employment, Housing and Education.   The Population in the U.S. is not specifically track by this Ethnicity tho'.   It was funny that back when he and The Son first met when they were quite Young, James said to him, I would swear you were Irish and probably a Gypsy.  *LOL*






The Son didn't even know back then that my Nanna {Mom's Mom} was originally from Ireland and Married a Welshman of some Romani Heritage.   So, he comes Home and said he has this Irish Gypsy Friend who swear he must be Irish and probably a Gypsy... and I Laughed at the uncanny accuracy of James recognizing one of his own.  Even tho' I'd not said much to my Kids about all of our Heritage coz Kids tend to innocently mention such things and then suffer the ignorant biases that other people have and the shunning or cruelty some of Society will just always have against certain Ethnic Groups.    Sometimes it's best to just let folks make their assumptions and be on a Need to Know basis, and most don't Need to Know.  *Bwahahahaha*   Dad always knew Indians would be the MOST despised and discriminated against in America, so he often just let other folks guess at what he was and make their assumptions.   It shouldn't matter, but it does, so why make Life just harder if you don't have to, he always felt.  He was Proud of his Heritage but knew most Indians off a Rez wouldn't be treated well at all.   They still aren't.







 Most people just thought he was Asian, coz they'd never seen a Native American anyway.  *LOL*  And Asians do have discrimination in America too, but not nearly as much as Indians, and most Americans had seen lots of Asians before.   Nobody ever knew what Mom was and she let them Guess and make their assumptions too, coz nobody had ever met anybody from where she was from either, nor did we, ever, to this day.  And my Parents kept a low Social Profile since, until June 12, 1967, Interracial Marriages weren't even Legal in all States here in the U.S. so there were some States that the Military tried never to send our Family to, becoz it could be very dangerous and he could be arrested and Mom deported just due to their Union.   My Native American Uncle, Dad's Older Brother, was Married to a Cherokee, but my Aunt is very Light Skinned Indian so most people thought she was White with a good Tan.   She's actually a Registered Tribe Member Federally Recognized, Dad's people are not Federally Recognized.






 When my Uncle was in the Military, and they Stationed him in some Southern States, he and the Family were routinely shot at when they went off Base!  Why?   Coz of Civilian Racist folks with Guns assuming he had a White Woman with him!   He and my Aunt had no Laws against being Married coz they were both Indigenous, just from different Tribes.  So he got out of the Military coz he didn't want his Family getting harmed traveling from Base to Base on mandatory Assignments, and went back to live on the Rez in Oklahoma.   Where all my Paternal Relatives all still are, who are his Children, Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren.  He and my Aunt passed away long before my Dad did.  Dad at 74 was the Oldest Surviving Family Member of his Generation, most don't live that long.  I attribute it to him being in the Military and making it a 27 Year Career, living off Rez and my Mom's European Influence.  They often asked for Overseas Assignments, it was just easier living outside of the United States for him, he was a Novelty and Curiosity Overseas as an "American Red Indian".  *LOL*
 






Me and The G-Kid Force in front of a Traditional Apache Wikiup, look how little my Grandkids were back then, and it doesn't seem that long ago really!!!   Awwwwww, just Precious... and they still are, but now they're Precious Adults, who still enjoy doing things with their Old Gramma, awwwww, it does Touch my Heart too that they still do like hanging out with me voluntarily and that all their Friends Like me so much.  So, I'm like a Surrogate Gramma to most of their Friends who call me Gramma too and give me Hugs and ask my Advice.  Awwwww, it chokes me up sometimes.   They Loved doing things with me when they were Younger to Learn about as much as I wanted to Teach them about what I knew they'd never be Taught in School.  Both are Old Souls.  Most of what I know was Taught to me by my Parents, that would never be Taught in School and they knew this too, so much is withheld and only Selective History is Taught and much is Omitted, MUCH.   And not just recently by this Regime... tho' it's escalated under this Regime to erase as much as they can get away with.






 So, we hand these things down Generationally by Word of Mouth so that no matter how much History is Whitewashed or Lied about, the Truth will still be told and passed down Generation to Generation verbally... it's how we've always done it and I Hope future Generations will continue to do it.     I enjoyed doing a Deep Dive thru some more Photo Archives I had, some had Dates on them back when my Camera put Dates on them as I took the Pixs.  Didn't always like that Feature actually, but, it does help identify when the Pixs were taken, coz otherwise I now do forget.  We always have had a lot of Cats and that's why Princess T never wants to Live without having at least One.   Above is The Son with our Oldest Cat ever, Rat Boy, who was actually a Girl, and lived to be just over 20 Years Old.   I was her "Person", she Adored me.  But she was good with everyone and much Beloved, our only Indoor Only Cat before Eli actually.






 On the Historic Homestead we always had several Working Cats on the Acreage coz it had a lot of Outbuildings and we Needed Working Cats. Sadly, most of the Cats came to us as Strays, Alley Cats, Ferals, or Abandoned Pets and just Adopted us.  So, we'd Spay or Neuter them all and let them live out their Lives on our Property.  Some stayed longer than others, some Cats like their Nomadic Freedom and remained transient, even if they have a good Gig somewhere.  Some stayed for the rest of their Lives.    Like Peaches and Missy Foo Foo Pictured here with Princess T.   Peaches, in the forefront, was Born near another Property we once Owned that was deep in the Barrio in a very rough Neighborhood.   She was Born under a Meth Lab Shed that got Raided and was brought to us in Bad Shape as a Kitten. 






 She was not expected to survive coz she had Deformities due to the Meth Exposure.    Her Head was unusually Small so we'd affectionally also call her Monkey Face as a Nickname.  So she had lots of Respiratory Issues like Princess T had from Birth too, and we'd give her Breathing Treatments with Princess T, who was on Five Daily anyway with being Born a Meth Baby too.   The Cat thrived with the Treatments and lived to be quite Old but was killed by some Marauding Stray Pit Bulls that jumped our Wall and killed Three Cats.    And the other, Missy Foo Foo, was Born at the Historic Property to a Feral pure White Mother who ran off and abandoned her after we Bought the Property and replaced the Broken Windows that the Wild Cats had come in thru while it had been in Probate for so many Years and Vacant.   The Above Pix is Princess T with Gypsy, a Beautiful Female who got her Name coz she'd only stick around half the time and disappear, and one time she just never came back. 



 



She was great with the Family when at our Property and we Guessed perhaps she actually belonged to a Neighbor and just visited us coz we gave good Kibbles and had other Cats she Befriended???  *LOL*  Most Neighbors were Renters so Moved Out often so we think whoever she may have Belonged to just Moved and took her with them?   Above is Rusty, a Big Orange Tomcat who was Born on our Property and also abandoned by it's Mother, he was a frail sickly Kitten but grew enormous and was so fond of our much Older Male Orange Tomcat, Morris, that if Morris hadn't of been Neutered, we'd of sworn Rusty might have been his Son???  *LOL*  Morris lived to be Ancient and we don't know how Old he ever was coz he came to us Full Grown as a Stray, but Rusty Sadly didn't live long, he looked Healthy and Robust, but one day just up and Died.  Both he and Morris were Sweet Natured Big Orange Tomcats tho'.  And would let Princess T lug them around like this coz they were damned near as big as she was.  Remember the Boneless Cat on the PEANUTS Comic Strip?






Below is her again with Peaches and Missy Foo Foo, look at her little Toe holding onto that Arm of the Chaise Lounge!!!   Anyway, poor Missy Foo Foo was one of the other of the Three Cats killed by those Pit Bulls, along with Peaches, coz they were always together... the other was a Neighbors Cat who looked so much like one of our Orange Tomcats we thought it was him, but, it wasn't.   Sadly my Grandchildren found the carnage and the Dog Catchers finally rounded up the Three Pit Bulls before they ended up Killing or Mauling any more Pets or Heaven Forbid, a Child!!!    The only reason they got driven off our Property is The Man came out with his Gun and was going to Shoot them since they'd been so vicious about Killing Two of our Pets and he wasn't sure they wouldn't also attack Humans if they're been Trained to Fight and Kill.  Sadly, some people at the time were getting Arrested and Prosecuted for not only Fighting Dogs, but Fighting Cocks too... and we'd often get the Fighting Roosters that escaped, coming onto our Property and chasing the Kids around, they are mean suckers and will mess you up with their Spurs!






I did want to do at least a Post every now again of some Sweet Nostalgic Moments and Personal Stories.   Since I'm really trying to avoid Fixating on Current Affairs, which are so fucked up right now, that I don't even wanna comment on it too much coz it puts me in a really Bad Head Space sometimes!   I have heard that this Regime is going to demand that even folks with Cancer, Parkinson's Disease, and other serious Ailments are going to be required to Work a Minimum of 80 Hours per Month just to keep their Medicare or Medicaid Insurance now or they'll be cut off and not be able to afford their Treatments or Medications!!!  Cruelty always being the Point, I can't say I'm Surprised at all.  And of coarse the Money they claim they'll Save by gutting Social Services for the most Needy, just happens to be the same amount they're Saving the most Wealthy... no mere coincidence there.  Take Trillions from the most Needy Americans to give to his Billionaire Buddies, his Family, and himself, it's his quite Predictable M.O..






Yet, some Political Satire Memes are just too damned Good NOT to Share... and so we'll end with a few that make me Smile and showed up on my Algorithm Feed, coz they do 'know' me so well... ha ha ha...  So... Enjoy... and by Mid-August when this Publishes, do you suppose they'll finally confess that Moscow Mitch is either Dead or Brain Dead?    Coz Scott Jennings now is being cagey when asked if he has Talked to Mitch again... for 20 Minutes... or let's do a Skype Call shall we Scott?  *Eye Roll*   Coz of coarse, we're all asking for a Friend whattsup with Mitch and why do they have him on Ice and think nobody will think that's so suspicious when they can't prove Proof of Life and his Old Lady took off for China...







But, since the ReTrumplicans are gonna Parade around some obvious AI generated Faked Photos of Ole' Moscow Mitch with his Old Lady by his Side... I thought we might Parade around a few obvious AI Generated ones of our own for Political Satire Purposes.   Winks... and Smiles Wickedly.   I'm not even sure Ole' Mitch is still tied to this Earthly Coil but unlike Miss Lindsey, they're unwilling to say so... yet... so as to keep his Cold Seat in the Senate, Warmed with pretenses that he's still competent enuf to fill it... and probably getting Paid too... while someone with Cancer or other Terminal Illness will be required to continue showing up for Work or get cut off completely... ain't that Rich!!!!!!!!   And now just a couple of Old Blast From The Past Pixs to round out the Post of Me with Family...





*******

Hang in there my Friends... and look back fondly, even if you can't manage to look ahead with any semblance of Guarded Optimism either...Dawn... The Bohemian


No comments:

Post a Comment

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl