Monday, August 24, 2026

Some More Good News



 Today I did notice that all the Stores pushed out all the Holidays at once now, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  *LOL*  And coz the Economy sucks I guess they just want it out there long enuf to Sell most of it?   I mean, if you have August thru November and December for your Customers to fund the purchases and be able to afford it, then it might just Sell?   I don't mind it at all, coz I like trawling the Shops and looking at Holiday offerings, it's uplifting and Lord knows we need that.  It's a festive atmosphere put out early, so what?  I'll indulge myself in some premature Holiday Escapism that brings me Joy and something Positive to look forward to, why not?  *Winks*




When picking Princess T up their Collectibles Section at SAVERS had Five 1990's Local Yearbooks so I snapped them all up coz they had them priced low and it was Customer Appreciation Day, so, for Four Bucks each, Booyah.  I can resell these Locally easily, I'm sure someone wanting a replacement Yearbook or who never got one would be Jazzed to find one.  But, I have a fondness for just Keeping Old Yearbooks, and Local Yearbooks in particular when I find them secondhand, even if not of my School.  I've Sold quite a few tho' and they can fetch a good price coz Yearbooks when Issued were never inexpensive anyway.  I was in Yearbook Class as an Elective in my Senior Year, Wish I'd always taken that Class, it was so much Fun and I learned a lot.  I've picked up Local Yearbooks from E-Bay too, mostly from the early 1970's.




I'm guessing some are coming up For Sale as that Era of folks are dying off and their Families are Selling Off their stuff rather than keeping Nostalgic and Family History items that mean nothing to their Heirs?  I am glad some end up Donated or Sold rather than just thrown away at least.  I am a long time Preservationist of the Past and have a Love of Old.  In a disposable Society tho' it's not something a lot of folks have any Interest in unfortunately.   I Scored an Old Canvas Hat Form at the GOODWILL for $7, so was Jazzed about that.  I'd gone in to look at their Halloween Merch at that Location.  While they have Halloween rolled out I'm trawling as many Locations as I can find to see what they have of it.   I don't Buy a lot of Christmas Decor anymore but I do Buy Vintage Halloween when I find any I like and want.  I got more Halloween Paper Plates and Napkins cheap at SAVERS too.




I should knuckle down and do more Pokemon Card pricing and looking them up, but I'm not particularly motivated to do a lot of Work right now, so I'm not.  I'm vacillating wildly lately between being Slothful and being Productive.  *LOL*  It's super Hot and Humid Today and so being out and about, when I had to be in it, was draining Physically.  So now I'm back Inside and done Todaying for Today, I just wanna Blog and Cool Off... doing Nothing.  I had my Early Afternoon Siesta too, which now is habitual and I enjoy it, look forward to it actually.  Even some of the Young People my Grandkids Age that are Princess T's Co-Workers say that they take Siestas too and look forward to Napping Midday, if they're not pulling a Shift then, so, I don't feel like it's coz I'm just Old.  *LOL* 




The Kids there vie for my Attention, it's kinda Cute, coz they argue about who saw me first and got to say Hi to me first!  *LOL*  Kind of like when your Grandkids compete for your Attention, and it's Sweet and Comical to me, coz they're all great Young People of Princess T's Generation {in their late Teens or Twenties}, and some are the Ages of my Older Grandkids {in their Thirties}.  And the fact they go out of their way to get and have my Attention and talk to me is just Darling.  Princess T has been swapping Social Media information with the Co-Workers she's becoming good Friends with and said it has shocked her more than a bit how different some of their Professional Lives are from their Personal Lives!   And what they Share boldly and uninhibitedly on Social Media and don't make the Page "Private" and not just out there for anyone to view!




I always tell my Kids and Grandkids, keep it Tasteful on what you Share out in Cyberspace so it doesn't get misused or come back to Haunt you.  Above is one of the Granddaughters whose one of Princess T's Older Sisters in Mexico.  I'm a very Uninhibited Person myself and my Professional Life and my Personal Life were also starkly different.  But, that was in the Age before Social Media and I don't know that I would have "Shared" so much.  So, I did agree with her about the risk factors of having that out there.  *LOL and Winks*  She said she just wasn't expecting it, especially if the person is so Shy and reserved at Work and then at Play they are Girls Gone Wild!  *LMAOROTF*




  She did say it has been instrumental for her to decide who she probably would be reluctant to go out and Socialize with coz it probably wouldn't be her Jam, and I agree.  You can have Friends who you really enjoy, and really like, but you wouldn't necessarily go out Socially with or show up at their kind of Parties.  *Winks*  Princess T just is not Miss-Party-All-The-Time.  She doesn't Judge anyone who is, to each their own is our Mantra in Life without Judgment nor Condemnation.  But, I also Agree with her that it could Negatively impact someone's Professional Life to have too much "Out There".   And my Experience has been in Life, that it's the Quiet Ones you most get the Surprise of your Life about!   Some of them got their Freak Flags Flying High, High, High! *Bwahahahaha* 




 I remember in my Professional Lives it was always "The Suits" and "The Affluent" that were the Kinkiest and Freakiest folks by far!!!  *LOL*   And the DA's Office Sex Crimes Files revealed to me that some of the most Perverse folks were very often "The Churchy" folks!!!  Oh Yeah, you have no Idea!!!   And another awful Revelation was that most Victims of Sex Crimes are NOT Adults BTW, let that sink in too!!!  I think when they're Convicted it should be a mandatory Life Sentence for that kind of Crime coz they ALWAYS re-offend, it's not a matter of IF they will, just WHEN they will.  We kept their Files indefinitely for that reason.  And you don't want Pixs that should probably be more Privately Shared in the Hands of the Wrong People who are complete Rando Strangers.




Anyway, The Son is doing the Yard coz Irrigation is coming on Monday Morning.  He's had his Boss tell him that when Irrigation comes he can Clock Out to do it for me, then Clock back In and just work over to make up the Time, which is very considerate of that Employer to be that flexible and accommodating.  She knows I fell that time trying to do Irrigation with him and he gets Anxious about me doing it with only the Help of his Niece.  She's not all that Strong with being a tiny little Sprite, so I have to be The Muscle if the Gates don't drop or lift easily and you're up on fucking Planks above Water doing that.  Which, isn't Safe at my Age, I know this fact, but, it has to be done.  Anyway, it's around 8:00 a.m. it's coming I think he said, so at least it will be Light already this time.  It will taper off in Rotations in the Fall to Once a Month, then Suspend for the Winter, but it's Weekly during the Summer Months and Bi-Weekly during the Spring Months.




I got Good News out of Oklahoma from my Cousin whose keeping me Updated about her Older Sister Wewokajanna who has TB.  Apparently she's no longer Contagious and out of Isolation, and got to come Home, she will be on a Med Regimen for 6 to 9 Months, and has a lot of Medications to take, but she might just be Okay.  *Whew*  The Emotional Support from Family and Friends saw her thru this, she didn't think she would have made it without it, she's a tiny little Sprite of a Woman like our Paternal Grandma was, but she is Tough as Old Boots too.  She's had a very hard life and lived longer than most of my Paternal Relatives have, but she's very frail and weak, so I was very worried about her.  




They lost their Older Brother only last Year.  And she almost lost her Youngest Daughter last Year too, who is only in her 40's, Mortality Rates are still very high with Tribal Members.  It was such Good News and answer to Prayer that she pulled thru and is Healing in the Right direction, we Pray she makes a complete Recovery and her Lungs Heal from the ravaging of the Disease.  I thought it had been left too late since she only goes to the Indian Hospital, and they didn't even Test everyone else right away either.  Which would and should have been done lest it spread like Wildfire in the Community.   As far as I've heard no other Family Tested Positive when they all finally got Tested, anyone who'd been around her for 2-3 Years had to be Tested, so they must have thought she'd had this a long time without Diagnosis or Treatment?  And I know she's been Hospitalized regularly for other things, since, she's in her 70's.




This is that Cousin's Parents, when they were both still Alive, with one of her Nieces, who is a Two Spirit Person.   Their Dad is my Dad's Older Brother, they had Three other Brothers Younger than them that never made it to Maturity.  They had Six Sisters, who all did reach Adulthood.  I only ever knew One of their Sisters,  who was their Youngest Sister, and came to live with our Dad once she was Widowed.  I only ever saw One or Two Photos of one of their Older Five Sisters, no Photos exist of the Oldest Four that I know of.  I don't have very many Photos of these Cousin's Parents or mine, since neither Family owned a Camera until I was Grown.  So, except for Pixs that other people took with their Cameras, we rarely had any taken.  I guess that is part of why I'm such a Pathological Picture Taker now, to make up for that and have more Family Photos for Future Generations of Past Relatives Preserved.  And why my Cousins and I now Share a lot of what Photos we do have, Online now so we all have at least some of the few ever taken. 






This is my Favorite Photo taken of my Dad in the very early 1970's on our way to be Stationed at Luke AFB in Arizona, since he would be Retiring after 27 Years of Military Service in just a few Years after we got here.  The Photo was taken on the Rez in Oklahoma, since, my Dad had never taken us Kids there during his long Military Career and wanted us to see where he grew up and meet Paternal Family and his Culture.  Coz we were always being Assigned all over the U.S. and the World, so we never got to see our Paternal Relatives in Person until I was 16 Years Old.  It was the first time meeting my Paternal Grandma before she Died, I was legit Scared of her, she was a Hardened Old Woman covered in Tribal Tattoos.  And how I look, less Indian, didn't set well with her and I knew it.  So, that was uncomfortable and we never became Close and she definitely didn't like my Mother, she didn't like that Dad had Married a European and thought my Mom to be a Welsh Witch and probably a Skinwalker who Casts Spells on People.  *LOL*  Well, Mom did... to be Fair to Gramma's Observations.  *Ha ha ha*






My Cousin who is recovering from TB is in the Middle of this 1966 Photo of her with the Two Siblings.  My Male Cousin either had a Mohawk or very long Hair except when he was in the Marines. I could see why when my Mom initially visited the Rez in 1953 when she first came to America, it was way worse and she told my Dad, forget about it, we're NOT living like that, ever, and my Kids are not being Born in this Country, due to how they Treat your People.  She was Fearful of giving Birth to Mixed Race Children here during that Era, rightly so.  And so my Brother and I were both Born in Great Britain, me in St. Asaph, North Wales, my Brother in Warrington, England.   They didn't have Incubators in the Hospital he was Born in and he only Weighed 3 Lbs. so they put him in a Bread Basket on a Radiator my Mom said and he wore 9" Doll Clothes that were too big on him!  I kept his Blue Hand Knit Baby Sweater with Pearl Buttons for Years and put it on my favorite 9" Baby Thumbelina Doll with a Cloth Horsehair filled Body, and it fit her better!  *LOL*






 This is a fancier early Thumbelina somewhat similar to my cheaper version that my Parents said at Age Two I tried to Shoplift from Woolworths, it was $1 and my Parents were Poor and so that was Sacrificial... but my Dad reimbursed the Store when he realized I'd boosted it.  *LOL*   I still have that Doll, my Kids and Grandkids played with her, she's duct taped on her Aging Cloth/Horsehair Body to keep her together now since her Arms and Legs kept falling off... and they always Named her "Old Baby". *Smiles*   If I knew where she was in The RV Garage Mahal I'd Photograph her.  She now wears a Onesie bought in the early 1960's, I don't know if I still have my Brother's Newborn Knit Blue Sweater or not for her?  I Hope I do?  






 I was Born in a Hospital that as a Child, had been a Diphtheria Hospital that my Mom almost Died as a Child when she got that Disease that killed so many, and was sent there to either Recover or Die.  My Mom Survived Diphtheria, Scarlet Fever and her Younger Sister Survived Polio.  I Survived Rickets, and had Chickenpox and Measles... never got the Mumps, seems I had a Natural Immunity.  Got Vaxxed for Smallpox, which, they don't do anymore, my Kids never had that Vaccine.  It does worry me that with Quacks, Conspiracy Theorists and fake Doctors in charge now, and persecuting and trying to Prosecute highly trained CDC Advisors like Dr. Fauci, we're heading in the Wrong Direction Medically and Scientifically.  Dr. Fauci never had the Authority to make the decisions about the Pandemic, he was merely an Advisor and it was each State's Governors and the President ultimately responsible for what decisions were made and when.  So what's going on right now is Scapegoating and a Distraction dredging up what happened Years ago so they can evade what's happening now that they're ALSO 100% Responsible for and not taking Accountability for and Owning!







  But I digress.  By the 1950's that Diphtheria Hospital had been turned into a Maternity Hospital rather than an Isolation Hospital for Deadly Diseases, which, I thought that very Odd, people once sent there to Die in Isolation, now brought New Life there into the World.  In her Day a lot of Children Died of what Vaccinating Children Prevented by the time my Generation came around.  *Whew*  Which is why Vaccines have Saved so many Lives, especially Children.  Look in Old Cemeteries if you doubt Kids used to Die all the time from what are preventable Diseases now if they're Vaccinated.  That's why the Anti-Vaxxer folks are causing resurgences of once eradicated Childhood dangerous Diseases.  And their Kids Die needlessly from Preventable Illnesses.







It was a Culture Shock to us Kids to experience Reservation Life back then, even in the early 1970's, it was a very harsh hard Life and so extremely substandard I was totally unprepared.  I can only imagine what it was like when my Dad was growing up!!!   She didn't have Running Water, indoor Toilets, or Electricity for a long time, most of her Life.  Not too long afterwards, she did make it out to Arizona one time with my Dad's Older Brother bringing her to see us here in the 1st Home my Parents ever Owned in Phoenix.  She rarely left the Reservation and didn't like not being around her own People, becoz she didn't have a lot of Trust of Non-Indigenous People at all.  And I can't say I blamed her at all, I understood the Why by the time I was Old enough to have an understanding of this Country's accurate History not often, if ever, Taught in our Schools.   And the Whitewashing of our History continues and is actually Escalating under this Evil and Corrupt Regime.  I fear more Atrocities will happen if they are not Stopped in time...






*******

Blessings, Love and Light from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

 




14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You, I like that our Families have passed down their History by Word of Mouth for Generations since neither Culture of either Parent had a Written Language.

      Delete
  2. Now yearbooks are something I never thought about collecting and it's interesting there is a market for selling them. I threw mine away in one of my moves. I'd love to see my 16-, 17-, and 18-year-old self. LOL. And, yes, I'm so glad I was a teenager before the tech years. I would have spent my youth grounded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, our squandered Youth, Yes, we got up to no good without all the Technology, didn't we? *Winks* I do Wish more folks Donated what they don't wish to keep, there's damned near a Market and Value of most things that folks don't always recognize. The Book Resale Market is quite profitable and we have Dealers and Vendors, Online Booksellers, that make an actual Living doing it.

      Delete
  3. Your family history is fascinating. I am glad your cousin is doing so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is and now they JUST found out her Daughter, whose her Youngest Child and is in her Mid-40's, has Stage 4 Cancer that was undiagnosed too long too!!!!!! I don't think the Indian Hospital really is at the top of their Game in diagnosing serious Medical Conditions, but most Tribal Members don't have the Education or Money to go elsewhere. This 2nd Cousin also was Hospitalized for other Serious Health Issues only a Year ago so how they missed this advanced Cancer that has spread even more now due to Neglect and lack of an early Diagnosis and Intervention or Treatments, is suspect. So tho' I Celebrated the Good News of my 1st Cousin's slow Recovery and that it didn't kill her off, now I'm worried about her Daughter's prognosis, which isn't looking good at all, it's spread to all parts of her Body now. It really upsets me.

      Delete
  4. My daughter just sold a few more Pokemon cards online. Her collection is getting big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pokemon is Boss right now in Resale Markets, that's for sure, and it has stuck around a mighty long time so I don't think it's just gonna be a Fad or flash in the pan thing, the Collectors of it are Serious Collectors now and all Age Groups.

      Delete
  5. I had a baby doll just like the naked one with a crown. I called her Sally and she was my best friend. Fun fact: I had a lisp and her name was actually Thally. And I know a lot of knitters who would love to get their hands on that colorful skein of yarn. You are all too right about the white washing of the history we learn. When I was in school, if they weren't Europeans, they simply didn't exist. And it is much worse since that horses ass has been in office. I think that anti-vaxxers should be forced to take tours of old cemeteries before they can enroll their children in any public anything whether it be a school or a little league team, even Sunday school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things Anti-Vaxxers seem afraid of are far less horrifying than the Diseases that could kill their Children, none of the Vaccine Conspiracy Theories has ever had Proof or Evidence to back it up, just wild speculation. Yet, the Diseases are REAL and they often Kill or cause severe Disability in some Children. I agree, mebbe a Cemetery Tour of an Medical Examiner's Office Tour is in order for these Parents as a Wakeup Call. What slays me is even those who've lost their Children to a preventable illness claim they would still not Vaccinate, that's just Mental and to me akin to Child Neglect and Abuse... the Children have suffered for the ignorance of the Adult who should have been Responsible and wasn't up to the Job. I had to Smile about "Thally", I used to mispronounce some words, I thought it was "Obstacle" Illusion rather than Optical. *Ha ha ha* And Yes, our History tends to lean towards making Europeans the Heroes and every other Culture the Heathens... when in fact the Acts of Colonialism was the most Heathen of all towards other Human Beings not like them.

      Delete
  6. Diphtheria is a horrible disease. You choke to death. The Finnish term for it translates as "throat rot." The vaccine was developed in the 1920s but widespread vaccinations weren't common for several decades. Like all infectious diseases it can be random. I knew a woman whose twin sister died from diphtheria but the other six kids in the family never got sick. Same local area another family had 3 boys and their mother die but their 5 girls and their father never got sick. As for other diseases anti vaxxers claim are no big deal, my brother died from measles. It wasn't immediate but it damaged his lungs and he died from complications of emphysema in his 20s. . I remember measles. My mother said she was sure all of her kids were going to die. I was only 5 so my memories are basically of being in a really dark room for ages. It's also my only memory of a doctor making house calls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about your Brother. I got Measles as a smaller Child and Chicken Pox as a smaller Child. Mom got a lot of the Childhood Diseases of her Era, a lot of them probably were the cause of her continued fragile health most of her life, but she was tough and still lived to be 84. Yes, so many of these eradicated Diseases are making a big comeback due to Anti-Vaxxers and it's deeply disturbing and irresponsible.

      Delete
    2. The only common childhood disease I missed out on was whooping cough. I had measles, chickenpox, scarletina multiple times (it's a strep infection). So did my siblings. In retrospect it's obvious why my mother was exhausted until we all hit adolescence and stopped passing illnesses back and forth.

      Delete
    3. LOL... yeah, after having Raised Two Generations of Kiddos myself, they are little Germ Magnets and Spreaders, aren't they? As you get Older, having Multiple Generations Sharing Space with either Kill you or make you Stronger. *Winks*

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl