I picked up a White Metal Commercial Display Rack with built in Rods and Basket, Advertising area on top, for The Young Prince to use for his Clothing and Accessories, it only cost me $14 with my Military Discount. A Teen Boy helped me load it as he was going in to SAVERS and asked if I needed Help. SAVERS Staff are no longer allowed to help you load anything. I got a Pair of large Rubber King Cobra Skeleton Halloween Prop Snakes for just over $2 each coz they were the 50% Off Colored Tag. I got that Hawaiian Men's Shirt I had admired and wanted, now that it was 50% Off. A couple of Cookbooks, Bagged Lots of expensive Wrinkle and Eye Bag Reduction Products which was New Old Stock and bagged with Hawaiian Tropics Products that Princess T wanted out of the Bags. Some Bagged Lot of various Anime Pins {Princess T said all Pins are 'In' now}. And a Repop Cast Iron Kitchen Notepad of a NOT-PC Aunt Jemima Mammy with Magnet of little Black Children in a Wicker Basket.
This is an Online Cribbed Pix of one just like mine, except my Pencil Broom Handle looks way Older with an Eraser on it. And mine looks Older than this one, but is the same. Had she been Original from the 1940's, she would have been worth a lot, but she was a Chinese Repop of decent quality that did look very much like the Real Deal and she was 50% Off, so I got her. Her Pencil is the Handle of the Broom she's holding, the Note Paper is missing. Mine is pictured Below, you can see the Similarities to the one Above. I can still Resell for a lot more than I paid for her and Black Memorabilia, even if inappropriate for our Time, is very Collectible.
Even a lot of Black Collectors do Collect it in spite of the Caricatures being very Negatively Stereotypical and even Racist. It is a part of Americana History tho', and I think that's why it's Collectible... not all History is Positive, Good or Comfortable, but all of it is Important to Educate present Day folks of what the Past held, for the Good of the Nation, any Nation actually, or to it's Shame, disgrace or detriment. I don't think any History should be Whitewashed to make it more palatable than what the Truth of it is and shouldn't be Sanitized for anyone's Comfort. If other Human Beings had to Endure it, then just knowing about it isn't so bad for those who didn't. Below are some Kaleidoscopes I got as a Bagged Lot for $3.
I thought they may have been Older but they had the Bar Code and those came out in 1974, so, it would be Vintage still, but not earlier than 1974. And then dumb me, who wasn't paying close enuf Attention, sees it has Copyright of 1980 stamped right on them... ha ha ha... ooops, okay, so 1980 and not the 1970's then. *LOL* The Tin ends are a bit Rusty so they do have some wear and Age to them and will be an easy turn of a Vintage Era Toy that might rekindle someone's Childhood of the early Eighties. Our Three Kids are from the Seventies and Eighties Generation of Kiddos Born then. Becoz the bits in each is different, each is different when looking inside as to what it Creates of the bits.
Right now Blogger isn't allowing the loading of Images to my Post I'm Writing. It worked only Hours ago earlier, but it reminds me of having those frustrating Days where you couldn't leave a Comment on Blogs recently. That Self-Corrected, so I Hope this glitch does as well and won't take Days to? In the meantime I guess I'll just Write the Written part of this Post and come back later to load Images when it's corrected itself. I spent a couple Hours Pricing Inventory to take in with me for Tonight Fill-In Shift. I got a slew of Holographic Pokemon done to put into the Locked Case and a New Old Stock RUSS Teddy Bear that still had Original $30 Price Tag on it.
I didn't have it in me to sit and Price More, I wanna do a quick Nap before my Shift coz I'm Tired and was up early to take Kiddos to Work and then pick up the Grandchild when she got off Work really early. Lately they've only gotten half day Hours and she doesn't mind it so much actually, tho' for Employees trying to Support themselves on Minimum Wage they NEED Full Time Hours if they were Hired as Full Time. It makes things more stressful and Life is stressful enuf as it is. A lot of the Young Employees at our Antique Mall are going thru Financial Stress and Crisis now, big time. Work was busy, not becoz Customers were there Buying a lot, they weren't at all, and we weren't that busy either, low Door count. But people who were there were bringing things up front and then changing their Mind all Night, so the Go-Backs were ridiculous!
We couldn't keep on top of how much we had to put back into Inventory coz Customers brought it up and then didn't Buy any of it. And so many brought Merch down from the 2nd Floor or from way in the back Aisle of the Main Floor of the Mall!!! It almost seemed Intentional to me to fuck around and make more Work for Employees by just pretending they wanted a bunch of things they bring up and then saying, No, I changed my Mind and just walk out Buying nothing at all! One Mom in particular spent an inordinate amount of time at a Locked Case with her Kid picking out Bagged Shopkins. Had it taken up to the Front, a LOT of them, then didn't Buy any of them! Locked Case items have to go back and not sit on the Go-Back Cart for the added Security reasons. Vendors pay for the Extra Security of Inventory in their Locked Cases Rented.
And when you have a $725 Gold Necklace that someone changes their Mind about, you can't lose track of an item like that, so it had to go back immediately into it's Locked Case. And that went on all Night long, the Go-Back Cart was full again after Hours and we'd JUST cleared it again at Five Minutes before Closing!!! So, the Morning Shift will have to clear it and put all that back instead now. All Night I probably only had Half a Dozen Customers that actually bought what they had me bring up front for them and not change their Mind. So it was busy and yet not a very productive Night of Sales. I didn't even remember to ask for a Printout to see how I'm doing. I did Buy a "Cousin It" Halloween Doll that a Vendor had made with a Mop, Sunglasses and Top Hat on a Beanie type Body, she was only asking $6.50 for them and had made about a Half Dozen. So Cute, hadda have it.
The Daughter earned $100 at Darren's and will Donate it to the Memorial Fund for her Boyfriend Mando. It's all she has and she's giving all she has, that's how she's always been. She's okay if she has nothing left, if someone needs it more, she'll give it all to them. It's making her Feel better to be able to do something Positive like that about a dreadful Situation and serious Trauma she's experienced, by the way he was so suddenly taken and Lost his Life. She had always just thought the Cancer he'd eventually succumb to, since he was in the End Stages of it and Outlived Expiration Dates Docs had given him. So it is very conflicting the range of Emotions one Feels when someone already Dying of something horrible and painful, just Dies horribly, but of something else completely unexpected. Cancer is such a slow agonizing Death... being the Victim of a Vehicular Homicide is not something anyone wants as a way to exit this Earthly Coil, but if it was instant, was it really better a way to Go? I wrestle with that conflicting Thought.
I Worked Tonight with the New Older Lady, whose Name now I know, it's Michelle and she's a Fill-In for Sherry, and will be for about as long as I'll be Filling-In for my Friend Crazy Ed. Sherry is also having serious Health Issues and is a Breast Cancer Survivor, so I do Hope it hasn't recurred? Ed's having his Neck Surgery Tomorrow and our mutual Friend Sue, who is a Retired ER and Surgical Nurse, said it's his 3rd Vertebrae of his Neck, C3, and that's a Tricky one she said. I'm worried that she said that, and wondered if Ed was doing an Elective Surgery that is too dangerous at his advanced Age, he's almost 80 now? Our mutual Friend Tim Died on a similar Elective type of Surgery on some Lumbar Vertebrae some Years back. Tim had a Premonition the Day beforehand, and had talked to me about it and I told him to Cancel the Surgery. Since clearly there wasn't a Peace about it and a Premonitionary Warning given him.
He knew I had Premonitions and asked me what I thought about his while we were at Work the Night before. I told him I always heed mine, he should heed his. He didn't heed his, but only coz he thought the Docs and his Family would think it Crazy, especially his Wife. Many folks don't Believe in Premonitions, and he was also a JW so I knew he couldn't have transfusions either, making him a higher Surgical Risk if he bled too much. So he went thru with it and Died, his Premonition would have prevented that outcome. I remember being angry that he succumbed to the opinions of skeptics and didn't do what he felt was Right. Especially after he had the Bad Premonition that if he went thru with the Surgery, he was going to not Survive it. He felt since it was the 11th Hour, his Surgeon wouldn't want him backing out at the last Minute, and his Wife was afraid he could POSSIBLY end up in a Wheelchair eventually if he didn't have the Surgery?
Well, mebbe he could have, but, he wouldn't be Dead. Dead versus Wheelchair Bound, Risk Factor decision... personally the POSSIBILITY wasn't even certain he'd end up in a Wheelchair!!! Docs just said, he MIGHT! I don't even think he told his Wife about his Premonition. And I am almost positive he never mentioned it to his Surgeon. I did mention my Premonition to The Man's Heart Surgeon and Dr. Pham took it so seriously he bumped him up from being Third in Line for the Procedure, to First. Coz I told him my Premonition and that if The Man was made to wait, and not be 1st in the Operating Room, he would be Dead, I was Positive about that Urgency and my Premonition being accurate. And, when Dr. Pham got in there, The Man Coded and a 40 Minute procedure turned into 5 Hours but he Survived.
Dr. Pham came out looking Ashen and said I had been Right, he was literally Seconds away from Death and not being able to be Saved! I could tell the Relief Dr. Pham had, that he's listened to me, taken me Seriously, and thus was able to Save my Husband. It was a very Close Call. Too Close. And after the Surgery his Doc talked to me a bit about how often I have these Warnings? It's not often and it comes randomly, but I've always had them, even as a Small Child, only I didn't know what they were then or how to communicate them effectively. Sometimes they're still confusing in how they come thru, that one particularly had been coz it wasn't as specific as some, just a bunch of Hearts, Valentine's Hearts, Jesus Touching his Heart, a Sacred Heart... I didn't even know Who it was FOR? Until that very next Afternoon when The Man comes and says, Ewww, Honey, I have some bad Indigestion!
Then it clicked, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, NO you don't, it's a Heart Attack, that's what the Warning meant that I had about it just Yesterday... The Heart, it's YOUR Heart! I tossed him in the Truck and immediately went to the ER at the Hospital specializing in Heart and Strokes. The Man never doubts my Premonitions after all these Years, he takes them Seriously and I'm glad I don't have to Argue with him about them. I usually won't Argue with anyone about them actually, I don't Care if you're a Skeptic or Mock me, I know the Accuracy they have had all my Life, so, I take them Seriously and if it can prevent something bad from happening, Good. Some things are just gonna happen anyway and you cannot prevent it, but you don't have to be part of it either and your Destiny can be altered by that decision.
My Welsh Uncle and Mom always had them and once he had one that the Plane he'd Booked was going down and all on it would Die. So he switched Planes and routed thru a different City, coming in thru Atlanta rather than Chicago. And yes, the other Plane went down, all Died on it, he didn't tho', coz he chose to heed his Warning. He couldn't say anything to any Authority about such a Premonition coz he said they might think he was responsible some way if it happened. And he didn't know anyone else on that fated Flight to Warn... so, sometimes you can't prevent someone else's Destiny unfolding tragically, it just will. I don't like having them but they do come in handy when they prevent something or help you avoid it at least, even if you can't prevent it entirely.
FINALLY Photos are loading and whatever was Wrong with Blogger has Auto Corrected like it did when we couldn't leave Comments a few Days ago. No idea why you couldn't load Images, but it was frustrating and I'm glad it is fine now coz I had lots to Share. *Winks* I went to my first Halloween Themed Event of the Season. I had intended to have Breakfast at "The Tipsy Egg", as is my Custom when going to "Highland Yard Vintage" and "Merchant Square", and was shocked that they are Closed and went out of Business!!! *Gasp* It was one of The Man and my Favorite Brunch places and will be SO Missed, dammit! I looked to see if they relocated coz the Business next Door to them was also gone and Closed, gone out of Business too, along with several others in the Historic Part of Downtown Chandler. None relocated, they all are Closed for good according to Google and I'm so Sad. I truly Hope it's not the Chinese Investors buying up Old Town Chandler too and kicking everyone out, like they did in Old Town Historic Glendale? But, it could be, very suspicious since they were popular spots and always busy.
So, no Brunch as expected so when the Antique Mall opened at 10:00 a.m. I had an early Lunch at their "American Way BBQ Smokehouse" instead. A Brisket Sammie with side of Homemade Coleslaw, Homemade Dill Pickle and Soda... and I bought Two Scones, one Berry and one Peach, to take Home. They have the best Bakery Items there too. I deconstruct my Sammie to eat the Carbs separate and later so that I don't spike my Numbers Diabetically. Eating Veggies and Proteins never does, but Carbs can be The Devil. So I parse out eating the Carbs for a Snack later. Scones too. *Winks*
The Halloween Event was well attended on Opening Day so I'm glad I got there early to cover everything and see it all unmolested and not picked over. And, they're Hosting it longer than other Events who are Competitors, which is Wise of them I think. Halloween is something the Big Box Stores are Selling Out of quickly and don't have much Inventory, so they should do well the whole time they have a Halloween Theme right up almost to Halloween. The Checkout Line was Crazy long, so they were having strong Sales, which is great. I myself bought an Antique Creepy Doll wearing a Halloween Costume, and that BINGO Card with Buttons sewn on to it that I'd hoped to get coz I'd seen it in the Preview Sneak Peek Pixs Online. "Sweet Salvage" still hasn't posted any Sneak Peeks, which draws Interest and Anticipation, a reason to go if you spy something you wanna Score, when you do utilize Social Media to Advertise in Advance with Visuals, so I don't know why they haven't?
The Creepy Doll has Two Teeth and is in a Skeleton Costume, she was so inexpensive I thought the pricing might be wrong, but, it wasn't, she was just a great Deal, so, Booyah! I actually bought more inside the Antique Mall coz they too were having a big Holiday Sale and Vendors often had 20%-60% off, and I have a 10% standing Military Discount even for Vendors who don't have their Merch on Sale. I got some of the best Halloween Merch for Decor. I'll show you my relatively considerable Haul one Pix at a time Below:
My Button BINGO Card
My Trio of Spice Witches








































No comments:
Post a Comment