Monday, October 14, 2024

Procrastination Over... Now I've Been In The Right Head Space To Move Forward



 Today the 14th is The Daughter's 43rd Birthday and Yesterday, the 13th, was Princess T's Boyfriend Rusty's 21st Birthday, so we Celebrated it here with him.  She Decorated her whole Room, which Freaked Eli the Cat Out, he HATED the Balloons and I got light Headed helping her blow them up.  *LOL*  She has a Huge Balloon 21 that was as tall as we are, plus Dozens of regular Balloons, Crepe Paper Streamers hanging from the Ceiling, and cleaned her whole Room so it looked lovely in there for him when he got here.   He's so Quiet and Shy and said it feels Weird being "Legal" and Grown now in every State, with no Adult restrictions.  *Smiles*  He doesn't look 21, you'd think he was in his early Teens actually.




The Daughter sent me a Video of her Oldest Daughter's Kitten and Puppy they took in off the Streets after their Grandma Died.  Being Street Strays they'll eat virtually anything and aren't picky, The Daughter says the Kitten has been Sleeping with her every Night now.  It's a little Grey Tiger Striped scrawny little thing that is very affectionate.  The Pup is a Dingo looking Mongrel, typical Mexican Street Dog, also very affectionate.  The Dingo looking Pup reminds me of the Street Dogs you see on the Reservations here, I have no idea what Mongrel Breed they actually are, or some Wild Dog Breed?  But, every time we go to the Rez's nearby, you always get approached by the Reservation Dingo looking Strays.  They are friendly, Handsome and adept Beggars, always Brown, Midsized and resemble Dingo Australian Wild Dogs to me.




I got outside my own Head and forced myself to tackle the deferred Housekeeping on Sunday Morning, by Afternoon I'd completed 70% of it in the Common Areas.  It wasn't as Overwhelming as I'd Imagined it to be when I was too Inside my own Head.   And, I'm vowing to KEEP it decluttered and tidy now.  Becoz it really does buoy my Mood to have it all in Order, decluttered, Styled and totally functional, with everything where it should be.   I even Decorated the Rooms I'd finished for Halloween and now it looks good and I've got Candles burning and it just has that good Chi Energy that Feels Positive and Uplifting.   I Edited a lot of surfaces too and minimized what's on everything, cleaning as I went, I gained momentum as it began to motivate me to keep going.




I no longer felt Sick and thankfully whatever had ailed me on Saturday only lasted 24 Hours.  Whew!  It was brutal and I'm glad it was brief.  By Tomorrow I should have all the Common Areas decluttered, cleaned and Decorated.  Then I will move to our Boudoir and get that in Order.  The Bathrooms are already done by the Girls, and The Daughter had done the Kitchen before she left for Mexico too.  The Son's Room is always in Order, he's like his Dad, both of them are structured, organized and like things to be where they should be that belong to them.  They are not messy Guys at all so I can never blame any messes on either of them, they're not Guilty.  Both clean as they go whenever they do anything in a Common Area.  I'm the biggest Offender of Clutter and The Daughter is the biggest Offender of dirty Dishes and Clothing all over the place.




Outside of her own Room, Princess T really doesn't spend a lot of Time, so she's not Guilty of any Common Area mess either.   So, I'm my own worse Enemy when it comes to a messy Home, not a dirty one, I can't abide by nasty habits.   I'm Clean, but I'm a Human Magpie and when I'm working on stuff I tend to have it everywhere.  So, now I have got to discipline myself NOT to Price Inventory or have it in any Room of the Main House except the Art Studio Pricing Station area or the one I've set up in the She Shed when it's Cooler and I don't need Climate Control out there to do it.  I know I can abide, it will just take me consistently being disciplined to.  And when I remember how Depressed and Overwhelmed it makes me to have a messy cluttered Home, I should do better.




I have about Three Boxes of Donations to drop off in the Morning to where Princess T Works, and a whole Milk Crate filled with Inventory to Price that I got out of the Main House too.   I don't presently have any room in the Showroom or Locked Case for any more Merch to be brought in and I don't want to Rent more Space.  So, I don't have to Price it right now and can just bring it into the She Shed Tomorrow Morning 'til it can rotate into Inventory.   The She Shed has come in really handy to Organize what is awaiting Pricing and rotation into Inventory.  Or, to have Crated Keep Items awaiting a permanent Placement or rotation into the Main House or RV Garage Mahal.  It keeps them out of the way until I'm ready to Deal with it all, so, creates no Stress Emotionally for me.





Emotional Stress for me doesn't come from having a lot of Stuff, it's from having Stuff not with good or permanent Placement.  If everything looks Editorial and Styled nicely, I don't Care how much or how little of it I have.   But, I do not like Clutter or a Mess, it disturbs my Calm to be around it and bothers me.   If something is where it shouldn't be, my OCD is Triggered.   So, when everything is where it should be, no matter how much or how little of it there is, I'm back to Center and Feel Uplifted and Calmer.  This is why Moving disrupts me so badly, after a Big Move, nothing is instantly how it should be and as I've Aged and ended up with a lot of Cargo, it takes a LOT of Time and Work to get it all unpacked, sorted out and in Order again.  Downsizing Space also makes it so you have to Work on having Less.





We went from 4,350 sf Home to a 2,400 sf Home, so, what could be in the Main House was about half as much.  Then, we ended up with more Family Members moving back Home and all their Worldly Possessions to have to find Placement for as well, so, it's been A LOT to Cope with.  People Moving to a new Property, People Moving In, Moving Out, Moving In again.   Guests, unexpected Expenses and Distractions, so, you get the gist, it's meant 6+ Years later, since moving here in early 2019, I'm still trying to get Settled In completely and Downsize adequately.  Each Property we've owned in the past 20 Years, it just seems to take me longer.  I'm convinced I would never Manage another Move and get everything Done, so this HAS to be the Forever Home now.  *LOL*





I watched all my fav Halloween Shows on The Food Network Sunday Night, and after they were over, went right back to my decluttering, Decorating and tidying up.   Interesting that after Procrastinating for far too long, once I start seeing real Progress, I almost can't pull myself away, the Momentum builds and builds and I tirelessly and happily then dive into it all.  *LOL and Eye Roll*  If only I'd done that to begin with, but, you know how it is, if you get too far Inside your own Head about something you are avoiding for whatever reasons and then think it's all far too overwhelming to tackle, even if it's really not.   I'm notorious about doing that and I should know by now that I can do these things, but, just have to be in the Right Head Space is all.  I even went around snapping Photos for Blog Fodder afterwards.  I'm about 85% done now with the Common Areas.





Since my Paper Shredder Died and got thrown out and hasn't yet been replaced, I even did a Bonfire of what I would have Shred, after it got Dark and was Cooled Off Outside to put it all in the Firepit.  My Neighbor Rob came over and joined me, so we had an engaging and lively discussion about Life in General, and Aging in particular.  He's about 6 Years Younger than me and both of his Parents are still Living and in their 80's.   He knows he's fortunate to still have them around and they're great People, his Parents, but, he and his Dad have a very complex Relationship.   I know that's hard for Rob to still be trying to Live Up to his Dad's expectations and always miss the mark and let his Parents down.   I do think Rob was always a Special Needs Child and I'm not sure how his Family dealt with that or if their expectations were realistic for him?   He feels like I Understand him and he says that's refreshing and Uplifts him, I'm glad to hear that.





I finally also Downloaded all my Photos from having attended the latest Event and Antique Mall Trawl, so, I have Fresh Seasonal Blog Fodder now.   The mini Pumpkins were a Find during Environmental Cleanup.   The tiny Vintage Cracker Jack Prize Skull Keychain was a Find from a fav Vendor, "Rusty Saturday", who, sadly has not put any Halloween Decor out yet and usually they have a fabulous Halloween Vignette at their Antique Mall Space in Nan's Antique Mall "Everything Goes".  I was disappointed they only had that Keychain as anything Halloween Inspired in their Inventory!!!   In the Past they've had some of the best Vintage Halloween I've bought.   And some of the best Halloween Vignettes too.   I don't know if I'll make the Pilgrimage over there before Halloween now or not, it's a long commute.  Especially if they don't do anything... they neglect their Social Media sites now too, so I don't even bother to Link to them anymore, all the Posts are stale and Outdated.
 




I don't have my best Velvet Pumpkins out on this Sofa Table Vignette, but, they'll do.  I'm taking the Lazy Decorator approach to this Holiday this Year and it Works for me.  *Ha ha ha*   Seriously, whatever can get done in Minutes, is the Seasonal Decorating I'm doing.  *Bwahahaha*  Less is More seems to be becoming my New Philosophy, less Work, less expended finite Energy, less to take down later, if I take it down at all?  *LOL*   Like I said before, if I manage to get a Christmas Tree up for Christmas this Year, it will be a Major Accomplishment IMO.  *Winks*  I like to Decorate, don't get me Wrong, and I LOVE the Holidays, I just really don't have it in me to go All Out right now and so I'm just not.  And, I'm Strangely Okay with it, which is out of Character for me really, perhaps I'm going thru some kind of Metamorphosis, I dunno?





The Family were Delighted I put the Halloween Candy Bowl out, I don't partake, but some of them do, mostly The Man.  Princess T and I don't eat Chocolate, The Son eats it sparingly, The Man has the Sweet Tooth.  And he is like a Man Child when it comes to Treats, I think his Parents must have deprived him of them growing up?   My Parents always had a Candy Dish out 365 and so my Brother and I hardly ever partook of it, so, it was mostly out for Guests who visited.   My Parents always used Psychology like that... if something wasn't 'Forbidden' and made available all the time, Kids are a whole lot less likely to overindulge in it and might avoid it altogether.   I used the same tactic with both Generations I Raised and all Four of them aren't big Treat Eaters.  In fact, I'd say 99.9% of any Halloween Candy they Scored, they gave away to Friends or to their Dad/Grandpa to eat.  Which was Handy for him otherwise he'd be stealing it sneakily anyway from them all.  *LOL*




Growing up our fav Treats were Fresh Fruits and Raw Veggies with Dips, or Nuts in the Shells and we always had Nutcrackers around to crack them with.  Every Christmas we got such things as Oranges, Nuts, Apples and Bananas in our Stockings and we actually looked forward to that.   We didn't know it at the time, but we were relatively Poor, so it was not often we got Fresh Fruits and they weren't always readily available in some places we Lived either, especially Overseas.   My Mom and her Family had never even seen a Banana until she was Grown and met my Dad and he brought some Home to them from the Base!   Back then apparently they didn't Import such Exotic things in her Small Welsh town and mostly they'd been on Ration during and since WWII as well.  So Food in general was scarce and Rationed.  Mom remembers they pretended to have a Dog so they'd get Rations of Dog Biscuits, which, she and her Siblings ate like Cookies as a Treat and Protein.





Dad, growing up impoverished on the Reservation, ate what he called really Stupid things as Meals.  Things like Saltine Crackers in Warm unpasturized Cow's Milk... and Noodles with Warm unpasturized Cow's Milk and some Brown Sugar sprinkled on top... as Main Meals and sometimes that's all they had to eat all Day!!!   He never saw a Doctor or a Dentist in his Life until he joined the Military.   If a Child got really Sick, a great many of them just Died... he lost Two Brothers who Died or were just Lost in Childhood, at the Indian Schools they were sent to.  His Brother Richard Died of what was likely Malnutrition, and his Brother Ormal was "Lost" at Age 9 and nobody ever knew what became of him and the Family were never given any Closure of whether he was Alive or Deceased.  I can't even Imagine that kind of Childhood Mortality being considered Normal or Acceptable.  It's why my Dad would often Work tirelessly at 2-3 Jobs to ensure we never went Hungry or had lack, like he did growing up. 






I've been Hungry and Homeless, as an Adult during hard times, it ain't no Fun to have Food Insecurities or be Unhoused.  Yes, obviously I need to Dust, but then again, does it make it look Spookier and more Miss Havisham?  *Winks*   Plus, we don't expect a lot of Company around Halloween inside the House, so, whatever...  I did Clean and Dust some Furniture, but this Leaded Antique Glass Window Top Sofa Table has damage from a time when it fell during transport, so I don't like to mess with it too much.  It used to have a thick Glass cover over the Antique Window, but, that broke when the transport of it didn't realize the Glass Top and the Window weren't permanently affixed inside the Table built around them and could drop out thru the Top if it was turned Sideways.   Thankfully nobody got Hurt, but my Son, the Glazier, never got around to cutting me a replacement Glass to cover and protect the now damaged Antique Window either.  *Le Sigh*   So, I may or may not Dust it before Halloween... *Bwahaha*






This is the best Pix I could manage to get of my Metal Black Widow Spider with the Pyrite Ass in a Jar with Cotton Boll Web, that I Sourced at our Antique Mall from a fav Vendor who has Interesting and Unique Halloween Merch.   I just Love Interesting OOAK Decorations like that and the Vendor makes a lot of the Decor herself and Sells them Cheaply.  I don't add a lot of New Decorations for Holidays anymore, but, when I see something really Special or different, I will Buy it if the Price Point is right.  I Sourced these John Lennon Style Amber Tinted Lens Doll Glasses for my Taxidermy Goose to wear for Halloween {below}... it's part of her Costume.   They should be lower on her Head, I know, but then they fall off... so... we work with what we can make work.   And... she Cares not about the Placement.  *LOL*





Below was one of the only Halloween Inspired Vignettes still left at the Event, along with a few Primo OOAK Witches Hats my Friend Shelly had Created.   So, everything else really wasn't Seasonally Inspired enuf to hold my Interest and we were in and out quickly, since, I was still looking for Seasonal Inspiration or Decor.   There's nothing I want or need that's not Seasonal right now and so... it was a Swipe Left Moment for me when I realized most everywhere was fresh out of Halloween Merch and so... Yawn... I really came away quite disappointed, since, it is October folks!!!   So... WTF?!?   Those that haven't done it at all yet, I'm Wondering, if not in Mid-October, when would you expect to roll it out then?!   Those that come late to the Party, are missing the Window of Opportunity to Sell their Seasonal Decor IMO.   You can't wait 'til just Days before a Holiday to expect to move the Seasonal Inventory for it.  That Ship done Sailed...





Below was a Francophile Vendor that does everything French and I don't think she really was shooting for Halloween Vignettes, but, her Authentic Flapper Merch sure would make a great Costume all the same!!!   The Flapper Headpieces were Stunning, and Expensive, but, I J'Adore that Era's Style and my Maternal Nanna wore a lot of it in her Day.  In fact, she got Married to my Gran-Grand wearing a Flapper Ensemble that was flashy and fabulous, she was a Vision.   My Nanna had been on the Stage as an Actress, Dancer and Performer, so, she was very Theatrical her whole Life.   All her Family had Wonderful Singing Voices and could play just about any Instrument.  Her Dad was an Orchestra Conductor.  In fact, my Mom was the only Member of her entire Family who didn't have a fabulous Singing Voice.   But, my Mom was a Talented Dancer and did Ballroom Dancing, Tap Dancing and Ballet for many Years. 




Her Older Brother, my Uncle Syd, had a Voice as good as Tom Jones and could sing Opera beautifully.   Her Younger Sister, my Aunt Angela, had a Voice very similar to Judy Garland.   My Gran-Gran could Sing too, he had a Rich Baritone, and could Sing in several Languages, even tho' he could neither Read nor Write, since, he never went to School, many Didi Kai didn't in those days.   I still remember my Gran-Gran entertaining me by singing Pirate Songs, while drinking Jamaican Rum, which was his favorite Beverage.  *LOL*   And my Nanna would entertain all the Kids by doing Pantomimes.  She'd dress up and all, just to entertain a bunch of little Kids... Nanna was a Colorful Character her entire Life and I just Adored her.  I was her First Grandchild so she spoiled me my whole Life... mostly from a Distance, since, my Dad was Career Military and went where ever they sent him.   But, I kept in touch with my Nanna 'til the Day she Died.   I knew Gran-Gran could neither Read nor Write, but she told me she'd Read him my Letters. 





My Native American Grandma would always send us Homemade Toys she made out of Flour Sack Materials and scraps of Materials, we Cherished those Primitive Toys too.   To this day I Wish I'd kept some of them since they were definitely Native American Folk Art that surely would be highly Collectible now.   I do have some Navajo and Hopi Dolls that are Vintage or Antique, and remind me of the Toys my Paternal Grandma made for me while I was growing up.  She'd make Animal Toys for my Brother.   My Dad used to make us a lot of the Clothing and Toys we had while growing up too, he could make anything.   I remember when I got my first Barbie Dolls, my Dad would make all their Outfits for me.   I'd see some Actress on TV wearing something Cool and ask my Dad to make their Outfit for my Barbie... just by Sight he'd whip one up just like it, don't know how he did that, it's very Impressive Skill.  He made all the Bridesmaids Dresses for their Wedding too.




Even tho' he was only an A1C in the Air Force and only in his Early 20's, when they Married, he ordered my Mom a Couture Wedding Gown from Paris, Orchids for her Bouquet, and an African Blue Water Diamond Wedding Ring from South Africa.   I think Mom said he'd saved up for the Two Years they were Engaged to pay for the Dream Wedding she wanted and her whole Town showed up for it and it was in all the Newspapers.   I still have the Newspaper Clippings she Saved of it, with their Photo in front of her Church, which was a very Old Gothic Cathedral that looked like a Renaissance Medieval Era Castle to me.   In fact, it could have actually been that Old.  *LOL*   I do know that her Town does have the Ruins of an actual Castle that was built during King Edward's Reign and Campaign to conquer Wales in 1277 and it was the first Castle built as what would later be known of as part of King Edward's "Iron Ring".   It was destroyed in 1647 during the Uprisings and Revolts, so it couldn't be used again.  Picture of it Below:



 

I got to visit the Ruins of Flint Castle when I visited my Welsh Relatives in the early 1970's.   No American Military Bases remain in Wales now like they did when my Dad met my Mom and was Stationed there in the early 1950's.   Anyway, I digress, the Flapper Dress below resembles the one my Nanna wore at her Wedding, only hers was White, but, just as flashy and Stylish.   I don't know which Relative might now still have her Wedding Pix, I'd like to know so I might get a Copy of it, but, I'm only in touch with one Male Cousin in Wales now who uses The Book of Faces, so, we can keep in Touch across the Pond.  He's one of my few Welsh Relatives that has also visited and even Worked in America.  Since he's a Welder and worked Globally when Nuclear Power Plants were being Built in various Countries, including ours.




Below is my Cousin with his Dear Wife, who I just Love dearly too.  The last time we were together in Person, my Cousin and I, we were Young Teenagers, Younger than my Grandkids are now.  Time Flies.  In fact, his Daughter looks a lot like I did when I was her Age.  He's usually only visited the East Coast of the U.S. and not so much the West Coast, but, if they ever make another trip across the Pond I'd like them to stop by Arizona to see us.   I don't know that The Man would understand them, he never could understand my Uncle, so I'd always have to Translate.  *LOL*   But, then again, The Man could barely understand my Mom either and I'd often have to translate for her with many Americans.  Or even with her Doctor, who was from India, she couldn't understand him and he couldn't understand her, so I'd translate for both of them, which was hilarious becoz everyone was speaking English... but, they had their thick Native Language Accents.  *LMAO*  When you have a Parent whose first language wasn't English, you learn to be good with Accents. 



*******

Autumnal Vibes coming to you from the Arizona Desert, where it's still 105 Degrees or more every Day so it doesn't much Feel like Fall yet... Dawn... The Bohemian

No comments:

Post a Comment

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl