Sunday, October 13, 2024

Prophesy And Premonitions


 

I never did feel Well enuf to leave the house, I mostly Slept all day and just waited for when Princess T needs to be picked up from Work.  The Son said he also has the symptoms.  Must be something making it's rounds, he knows other people complaining of having it, whatever "It" is?  I haven't minded staying in Bed, I've needed the Rest and that way I wasn't reactive to The Man being cranky and irritable either, in a room alone watching TV he can't get difficult with himself.  *Bwahahaha*  The Son is gonna Order something in for Dinner, which is good, neither he nor I feels good enuf to Cook for everyone.  So, Bummer that I missed that 2nd Annual Event at "Curious Nature", it was only Hosted One Day.




The consolation I have is that it was probably too well attended and crowded, which wouldn't have worked out for Parking or a leisurely pleasurable experience.  I didn't need or want to purchase anything, so I had no sense of urgency to get something from it and didn't have the Budget even if I had seen something Primo.  Plus, I have felt like Crap, have low Energy and no Motivation to do much but Sleep this off either.  I'm hoping it passes quickly, which, it probably will.  It sounds like the Norovirus that is currently circulating in the U.S..  There's no real Treatment other than prevention.   And, with Food borne Viruses it's hard to know what could have been contaminated, even if you take special Care with what you eat, how you handle it, and where you Source it. 



 

 With our Family we prefer Snacking on Fresh Fruits and Raw Veggies with Dips rather than Junk Foods or Sweets.  I'm going to be double Washing everything just to ensure it's not got Viral Contamination on it remaining from whoever handled it from Farm to Grocer to Table.  The Anti-D Meds did help with only a single dose, but, the other general malaise and fatigue remained thruout the Day.   I personally don't have to go to Work again until Friday so have plenty of Down Time to recover.  I only spend a few Minutes Daily taking the Grandchild to and from her Work close by.  Other than that, I can take it easy and pace myself.  And I will.  I haven't minded languishing actually.  I need to.




This was last Halloween and we couldn't even locate that Trio of Faux Pumpkins this Year.  They're likely in one of several Antique Steamer Trunks I have temporarily stacked right now in The RV Garage Mahal and thus can't get into yet.   Even tho' she wore what her Gay Boy Posse called her Bad Bunny Costume, I don't know that's what she's gonna be for Halloween this Year or not?  *LOL*  She was an Adorably Sexy Bad Bunny and I should have taken some Pixs of her that First Friday of this Month, but, I was at Work when she got dressed and left for it and we were both tired when we both got Home much later.  The Pixs her Friends took were Oddly with a throw away Old School Camera and not their expensive Cellphone Cameras, go figure that they'd go Old School that Night and get Retro Grade grainy Pixs!?  *Le Sigh and LOL* 




For lack of good Halloween current Blog Fodder Imagery I'm resurrecting some Archived Halloween Eye Candy Pixs I had.   Most of which I never used coz I had such an abundance those previous Halloween Seasons.   I'm openly disappointed that this Year is lean and I'm convinced there is mostly Supply Issues, not Demand Issues.  If you have the Merch, it's Selling, so, if Shops don't have the Merch it's becoz they probably couldn't get it, not that they don't think they couldn't Sell it.  The only place that had an abundance of Halloween Merch, sloppily presented and poorly Showcased and not properly respected for being Donated to them, was the Goodwills.  They had an abundance of New Old Stock Donated to them from Big Box Stores previous Seasons Lines and they manhandled a lot of it and Displayed it haphazardly as if they didn't Care, overpriced much of it, but, they at least had it.




When nobody else has it, well, they didn't even need to try, did they?  And they didn't try IMO, it was rather tragic how their Employees handled the Donations of it and put it out on the Floor.   But, then again, I always say I can clearly see why those they Hire do have "Barriers To Employment".  Most behave in such a way that most places wouldn't hire them or would end up having to fire them or at least counsel them and put them on Probation in hopes to improve their performance and Customer Service.   I've yet to visit any Goodwill Store where an Employee acts like they Care they even have the Job or don't have a Bad Attitude that they project upon the Customers.   And the Stores are always a Hot Mess and it's not all the fault of whose Shopping, it's how it's sloppily and carelessly put out on the Floor, I've watched it.  It's also why I never Donate to their Organization any more and put them on blast.  They need to tighten up their Business Model and clean up their Act.


 


Anyway, lots of Secondhand and other Charity Shops are Closing up, so, it's not like I want more of them to fail, I don't.   It's where most folks on a Budget do Shop, including Yours Truly.   I basically Clothed my Two Generations of Kiddos we Raised utilizing Chazzas.  Since, buying Children's Clothing at full Retail was prohibitive for a long time now, and they outgrow it all so fast and want the popular Brands and certain Fashions.  I don't even Buy much Wardrobe or Accessories myself at full Retail and don't really like the mass produced selections of most either.  It's a Rush to find Secondhand Treasures at a good price point that is not only affordable, but, can be profitable for Resale too.   And most Vendors I know aren't Downsizing like I am, a great many of them Source all of their Inventory and don't already own it from a Lifetime of having Collected it and are now Letting Go or Cashing Out on previous Investments.



In fact, when I look at what a lot of Vendors at our Antique Mall carry in their Inventory, it's evident they weren't specific or Collectors per se of any Genre of Antiques, Vintage or Collectibles.  *Le Sigh*   I think a lot of Antique Malls now just have Vendors trying to make side income any kind of way they can and Selling anything they can hawk.   Most Antique Mall Owners now are glorified Landlords and as long as all their Rental Space is Rented and the Rent gets Paid, they aren't necessarily Vetting either.   Some are, but, I've noticed those are struggling becoz frankly, Antiques, Vintage and Collectibles don't appeal to the average Impulse Shopper that is now the primary Demographic coming thru the Doors.  It used to be the Consummate Collector or those with a Love of Old was your Client, now it's just not.  Even the Events have morphed and have more Import and Filler Mass Produced Items now than the Real Deal Merch anymore.  It's what their Customers want, will pay for, and thus Sells.





I know we have gone in a different direction in our Showroom that's paying off better, even tho' I still Downsize and bring in what I already have.   Now at least I know what's not worth bothering to try to Sell there and find other ways to Cash Out on it or just Donate it and be done with it.   I haven't Sold Online ever tho' yet, not sure I want all the Work you'd have to put in to Online Selling and Shipping it?   Vendors I know who do that too have profited from it handsomely, but, they will admit it takes more Work and Time to do it properly and successfully.  Plus, Online Selling and the Auction or Resale sites have morphed a lot too.  Not always in the best way for Sellers.   The same with Selling at Private Auction Houses, they take such a Cut that nobody I knows Sells there, they just Buy there.




As Creepy as you all know I can be and gravitate to, I have never been to an Estate Sale of a Dead Person, it just seems intrusive to me to be rooting thru their Worldly Possessions.   I've been to Estate Sales of the Living, that seems consensual to me, they're Agreeing to the Sale and folks rooting thru their Stuff.   With Spirit, who knows how they might Feel about it from the other side?   We already know some Objects get Attachments and certain Energy, good or bad, so, I just don't have a Peace about going thru a Dead Person's Stuff, that's all.   Tho' everyone I know who goes to a good Estate Sale gets Primo Merch Sourced from them, so... perhaps one day I can overcome my aversion and reluctance, I dunno?   I'd have to Sense how the Energy and Mojo Feels at one to me to know if I'd wanna stay or leave immediately?  *LOL*  How my Heirs decide to dispose of my Stuff doesn't matter to me at all, I want them to Benefit from it any kind of way they are able.




We have a running Joke with all my Industry Friends that they want my Heirs to have them all on Speed Dial when I Cross Over.  *Bwahahaha*  I have Promised not to Haunt any of them and to descend upon the Spoils and be Free with their Money and spend a lot of it.  *Winks*  I know my Heirs will be Wise Negotiators and aren't ignorant of Values, but, they also enjoy the Art of the Deal and working their Hustle, they're not 'New' at it.  A Successful Negotiation is when both Parties are Happy with the Outcome and want to Work with each other again.   If you spend a lot with me I'll always hook you up and give you those First Cousin Deals, we'll both part Happy.  *Winks*  I know I like it when I Work something out that I'm Happy about as a Buyer and so is the Seller... or vice versa.   I've been the Buyer and the Seller of Successful Negotiations and Exchanges, it's a Rush.




My Sidekick for Years has been Princess T, she's the one that's most enjoyed our Time spent as Vendors at the Antique Mall and she's Grown Up doing it.  She was about Five when we got our First Booth.  But, since she was about Two she'd successfully Negotiate her own Deals at Flea Markets and Antique Mall Parking Lot Sales.   She's quite an adept lil Hustler and was very much like my Parents told me I was at the same Ages.  We lived in France when I was Two and my Mom would take me to the French Flea Markets with her.   I'd sometimes wander off and Negotiate for Product in several Languages and even when I had no Money I'd end up with Stuff that the French, Algerian and Gypsy Vendors were hawking.  *LOL*   

 



My Mom's fav Story was that I ended up, at Age Two, with a new Pair of Patent Leather Shoes and a little Basket Handbag with matching Chapeau for Easter that I Negotiated and had no Money to actually pay for any of it!  They wouldn't let my Mom give it back, she didn't have Money to pay for it all... they'd been Tickled with my Hustle.  *LOL*  I have Black and White Pixs of me wearing them, with a big Ole Band-aid on my Knee.  *LOL*   I Wish I had that Pix in my Photo Archive to Share with you as Testimony.  I looked so Prissy in it all and since my Dad was only an A1C in the American Military, and my Mom a stay at Home Housewife, so my Family were quite Poor, they couldn't have afforded that Outfit that I Hustled out of the Flea Market Street Vendors that day.  *Smiles*  In fact, I was such a good and tough Negotiator that my Parents often let me Negotiate FOR them, even as a Child... and Princess T is very much like that too.




I never have gotten any Halloween Decorations done inside the House, except the Guest Bedroom Displays of it that stay up Year Round.  Now I won't bother, I've got so much Housekeeping to do decluttering all Spaces and getting them presentable and Editorial, that I'm going to have to devote all my Energies to that Goal.   I'll be challenged this Year to put a Christmas Tree up, I kid you not, it's like that.  *Le Sigh*  Part of it is my Psyche, I feel unsettled in my Spirit lately and it makes it difficult for me to concentrate on the mundane tasks like Housekeeping, Decluttering, Decorating.   I WANT to have it done, I just lack all Motivation and Ambition to follow through with it all right now.  I've cut myself some slack to try to be in the right Head Space to do it all.  Which is why I've done Recreational Pursuits I enjoy to try to get back to Center and Uplift my Spirit to be more Balanced.  I have a Foreboding and I know it and can't shake it.




Only part of it is Political Foreboding, tho' there is THAT too, and it's less than a Month before all that begins to actually play out.  Which means we'll get thru Halloween barely, but, not the rest of the Holiday Season after the results are known about who gets Elected and what that will mean and what will happen either way?   Only now are people I know beginning to actually Voice their Concerns, regardless of who Wins or Loses, and the general consensus is not promising or good.  It seems a lot more people have had the same thoughts I've had, they just haven't voiced them before now.  They seemed relieved to have someone else to discuss it with who can relate to their worries about it all and concerns for the Future and the Nation.  Since Politics has become such a divisive issue in a most Violent and unprecedented fucked up way, I guess a lot of folks have just remained Silent and bottled it up. 




So, now they just can't remain Silent becoz it's like when any disaster is imminent, ignoring it or not talking about it and what one should do, isn't gonna be Helpful in the Outcome.  I think Safety is a big concern, whenever chaos reigns and violence becomes unchecked or out of control, and we all saw it happen January 6th, there's no telling how dire things can become everywhere or anywhere?   Communities are already dealing with unprecedented Weather disasters from which they haven't even recovered and the Government needs to be focused upon and not diverted with other Crisis or Chaos to Deal with.  So, I can see where America can be vulnerable and spread too thin all at once.  Been there and done that in my Personal Life, and no matter how Noble inclined you might be, Too Much is just Too Much at some point. 




It is still rather Fresh, at least in my Mind, how people reacted during a once in a Century Pandemic.  Things got hairy and dire, to say the least, and it was rather terrifying at certain points and you didn't know when or if it would End.  People turned on one another like a Zombie Apocalypse, the Infected and the Uninfected... the Careful and the Covidiots... the Masked and the Unmasked.  We live near a large Cemetery and there were constant Funeral Processions going by Daily.  I recall standing in a large Grocery Store that had all empty Shelves and ONE thing remaining in the whole Store... a Jar of Pickled Pig's Feet.  Princess T was with me and we were trying to Source some Essentials and it was quite Surreal and people were literally Panicking around us.  There was nothing to Buy and we looked at each other and our Gallow's Humor just kicked in and she Deadpanned, "Well, at least we now know what Fear Factor Food nobody would eat even if we're faced with Starvation!" *LMAOROTF*

 



 We burst into raucous Laughter and I ALMOST was Tempted to just Buy the damned Jar of Pickled Pig's Feet and put it in my Cabinet Of Curiosities as a Reminder of that Crisis... should we Survive it!  *LOL*  And now, I guess in the back of my Subconscious, I'm contemplating, well, if all Hell breaks loose or some other Catastrophic Event is on the Horizon that I can only sense in my Spirit, what difference does it make if my Home is Tidy... or not?  *Yeah, that's Deep, but, it's a nagging Thought I cannot Shake and it's deeply disturbing to me!*   I have a solid Premonition that the Disturbance in the Force is Great right now my Friends and I don't like it, I want desperately to be Wrong about the Foreboding.   I want to be able to come back on my Blog after the New Year and say, well, that Premonition was way off, sorry about that.  But it sure did Feel like a scarily accurate one I couldn't fucking shake and finally just gave up trying to.



The Son apologized to me, since he can see I am Agitated like I usually get when something Bad is gonna happen and I know I can't stop or divert it, but Know it's coming.  And when you Know it's coming and everyone else is acting like nothing is Wrong and just jolly going about regular stuff and you just can't becoz it's disturbing you too much, it feels very Surreal.   I remember doing the 2000 Census and having that Foreboding hit me while we were Counting a Family preparing for a Birthday Party for a Child.  It was Festive, the Day was Beautiful, everything in the Neighborhood was Calm, yet, I Knew something VERY Bad was gonna happen there, SOON.  My Census Translator, Delphina, was a Middle Aged Sweet Lady who was a Jehovah's Witness, and I knew shit like Predictions would Spook her from her standpoint of her Faith.  I didn't want her thinking she was working alongside a Witch or Sorceress and Freak Out.  *LOL*






BUT, I wasn't just gonna run off with no explanation either and leave her behind, my Conscience wouldn't let me.  I didn't even Like that the Sweet Family we'd just Counted I KNEW would be in Real Danger very Soon and there was nothing I could really do about it that would make Sense to them all.  Explaining a Solid Premonition is hard, details can be murky but still have uncanny accuracy.  You can't always tell someone how or why and just a Blanket Statement isn't always convincing anyway, people won't take you Seriously.  So, I just told Delphina with urgency to my Voice, "We gotta get out of here NOW, something REALLY BAD is gonna happen.  Don't ask, just GO!"   To my Surprise she Trusted me enuf, with how long we'd worked together and bonded, to not Question me and we both split in a big hurry.  We didn't even stop to Count any more Residences, we were booking to my Truck parked just down the short Street we were on.






We didn't even get there before we heard the Gunshots, Three of them.  The Man at the time, for my general Safety, since we were doing Census in a very notoriously Dangerous Barrio, had his Police Scanner on.  He knew I was on Hopi Street and the Police were being dispatched there to a Triple Murder/Suicide that just happened!   Yep, THAT House, turns out the Mother Hosting said Child's Party was estranged from her Husband and at the Party with her new Boyfriend.   The Husband shows up, Murders her and the new Boyfriend in front of his own Children ON the One Child's Birthday, in front of all the Guests, then commits Suicide in front of them all too!  Had we not split, we would have Witnessed it as well... I'm sure glad we didn't.  What a Trauma and Chaos on a Day that should have been Calm and Joyful as it was when we were there just Minutes beforehand!  How did I KNOW?  I can't tell you, I don't know HOW or WHY Premonitions come, just that they do, I don't like it, but, it can sometimes be Helpful.






*******

As my Dear Ole' Mom told me about them... however murky the Details you're Given with Prophesy, to be Forewarned is to be Forearmed...  Dawn... The Bohemian

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how Halloween has grown in popularity over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better now. I've never been to an Estate Sale either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The night of September 10th, 2001 I could not stay asleep. I woke up over and over and over and over. I knew something bad was happening, but I didn't have a hint as to what it was. When I did sleep, I dreamed of fire and screaming. I have had various premonitions and feelings over the years, I find that if I say something about them, it almost never happens. But if I say nothing, then the event usually *does* happen.

    I don't believe Felonious Chunk is going to win the election, but I also think the machinery put in place by his handlers (he's not in control, he's just a tool) is going to start up and make things very bad for a time.

    Estate sales always made me very sad. I've only been to two. I bought a tiny little glass bird that was exactly like one my grandmother had for 25 cents. It brings me comfort. I like to think that the elderly lady who owned it would be glad that it's bringing someone joy.

    I've started giving things away. My kids ask for things (Grandma Fern's cookie jar, for example) and they can have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS... my hubby has been sidelined most of the weekend with the same symptoms you're describing. He's been taking Imodium. It doesn't seem to be helping a great deal. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl