Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Everybody Loves You When You're Dead




Okay, so... the Blog Post Title Hook for Today is a controversial Statement to be sure, but, it's ever so True, isn't it?  Nobody really wants to speak ill of the Dead, nor should they, it's crass.  Yet, after each of us Passes from Time into Eternity is when everyone Loves us and recalls only the best of us, the best times, the happier Memories, the Good in us... none of the Bad stuff, that's more downplayed.  And Life and People, generally, well, there's some Bad stuff, isn't there?  Without exception, coz there's really no Saints among us.  So, when someone Passes... I tend to observe how Sanitized it suddenly gets about that individual.  I did feel very conflicted on how to Feel, and I can't and won't be hypocritical about that Fact.  Things had gotten out of hand near the end of their relationship and I feared for my Daughter's Safety... and so did many of her Friends and the rest of our Family, that's just factual.  I can't Sanitize that Reality no matter what Tragedy unfolded with his Homicide.  Which was awful and I wouldn't Wish upon anyone.




  No matter what kind of an Earthly Coil Relationship had been going on beforehand, Post Mortem nobody wants to acknowledge the risks and relief factor involved, I will, and that doesn't always go over well.  Relationships being complex at the best of times, at the worst of time they can be intolerable, concerning, unsafe, and messy, Right?  So, wide ranges of Emotions can exist and not be Right or Wrong.  The Daughter is feeling very Emotional that many of us, Friends and Family, feel a Relief that she's Safer now and we don't have to worry about a Toxic Relationship having trouble Ending.  It's eternally ended now.  And that's all I'm going to say about that without sounding too Cold or insensitive about a terrible exit, that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.  But we were so concerned about her Safety when she wanted to end it and was meeting with unsettling Resistance from him and even threats.  I took all that quite seriously.




She had a really Bad Night where her and The Son got into a big Argument, mostly about it... and him... he was out of line coz his Autism caused lack of a Filter.  And she became so enraged she clocked him in the Head with her Metal Drink Tumbler, mad then that she dented it!  He's got a Head like a Mountain Ram, but now looks like he enrolled in Fight Club, what with the Black Eye not completely Healed yet.  And his Friend Garrett, whose a huge Guy, was able to Mediate... The Niece is a husky Gal too, so I didn't have to intercede when I heart the melee, which, was quite late and Poolside.  I was already in Bed and could tell the other rational Adults were Referees in the altercation.  He apologized to his Sister, and all was then Well between them.




So, she had a really Good Day Sunday in spite of all that which transpired on a Saturday Night and her High Drama even before the Fight with her Brother.  She's been Emotionally deregulated ever since Mando's Homicide and we all understand why and how traumatic it all transpired.  How she ever gets over that will be questionable, we found out more details and it was pretty horrific, probably instant, but, the condition of his Body was so bad they have to do a Cremation, no other choice actually.  His Family couldn't even bring themself to see what The Daughter had to see to Identify him, becoz they all decided it best to remember him as he was in Life, and not in the condition of being hit by a Vehicle going at that high rate of speed.  I think that was a wise choice.  The Daughter is having trouble even Sleeping now, it Haunts her so badly.




Anyway, so she Cleaned my Friend's Home in Chandler and came Home with a bunch of goodies bestowed upon her generously.  And I went back to the Halloween Event, took some more Pixs, and indulged in some Retail Therapy.  I got Five Pair of Halloween Vintage Graphics Black Cat Earrings for 30% Off on Sale.  I splurged and got another Flying Monkey from the same Artisan I bought one from a few Years ago.  And I got an Antique Doorknob made into a Photo Holder and holding Three Halloween Photographs.  Not a big Haul and yet one I was super pleased with... and without busting a modest Budget.  I also found a New Restaurant not far from the Friend's Home she Cleans for called "Tryst" and they had Fried Green Beans with Spicy Aioli!!!  OMG I hadn't had any since "Appleby's" quit carrying them Years ago and they were Sublime! 




 And I got a Vegan Spring Roll Duo too that had Veggies and Mango with a Sweet Chili Sauce.  I liked those but thought they were too light on the Mango.  I also had their Caramel Macchiato, not impressed.  But, the Food was good enuf I'd go back and try something else from the Menu and get more of those Fried Green Beans for damned sure, orgasmic they were!!!  *LOL*  It rounded out the day nicely and I saved one of the Spring Rolls for The Daughter.  Then when I got Home I got the Livingroom tidied up, The Young Prince was splayed out on the Sectional not Feeling Well, so I had to work around him.  But, got it done so that when Nurse Remi comes on Tuesday it won't look like I'm turning into a Hoarder than needs an Intervention!  Coz I literally had Inventory that had taken over Three Main Rooms of the House!!!




Tomorrow I shall whip the Sitting Room into Shape... and then tackle the Dining Room next.   When we had so much Company on Saturday, a FULL House coz Q, his Wife Jennifer, their Two Young Sons, Danae and Garrett, and The Niece were all here, including all our Family!   Q's Family had brought "Church's" Chicken Dinner for everyone, so I didn't have to Cook.  But, the House was so messy and in chaos that I was embarrassed and everyone was challenged to find seating coz Inventory was piled up everywhere!   Everyone stayed late, so I was too tired by the time the Guests left that would be leaving.  The Niece will be Living here now and Garrett spent the Night coz he lives clear in Casa Grande now, for his Work, and the Concert he and The Son had gone to, and The Son had Won the Tickets for on a local Radio Station, had ran very late, but was good.  The Son attended with his Two Navajo Friends, I only know Garrett, whose in the Center of the Pix of them all.  They're both originally from Window Rock, the Capitol of the Navajo Nation, on their Rez.





Another Native American Friend of The Son and Garrett, that I don't know either, met them there and was with her White Boyfriend.  They all stuck together thruout the Concert and had a really good time.  It looked very well attended and didn't get Rained Out after all.  The ominous looking Weather actually held off dumping any Rain until much, much later, in the Wee Hours of the Morning.   Since the Concert was Outside, they were relieved about that, tho' it was very Hot and Humid... and all that Body Heat!!!   Yikes!!!   I know I'm getting too Old when that's all I'd be thinking about.   This is NOT gonna be comfortable, it's HOT, it's Humid, there's no Seating and very few places to sit on the Ground, there's too many people all up on me... AND you expect me to Stand for the whole thing or most of it?!?  Yeah, NO!!! *Bwahahahahaha* 




Much Later:  Well, I got Two of the Three Rooms not only cleaned up from the Clutter of Inventory and random stuff, but Decorated for Halloween!  *Whoop Whoop*  I only now have the Dining Room left to do now.  We've had so much Company lately, a LOT of it, plus, The Niece moving in with her Worldly possessions, so it's been difficult to find Time to devote to Maintenance of the Interior really.  Plus, now we have the Home Visits for The Man, I didn't want them making observations and reports for Elder Concerns that I wasn't keeping on top of the situations anymore.  They check to see if we're doing okay with Aging, Health and the Caregiving of so many Vulnerable Adults, and they know I'm also one but tasked with it all.   Crazy thing is, it took me about 30 Minutes per Room to get it boxed and in order, then perhaps another 30 Minutes per Room to Decorate, it wasn't that hard... the Friends and Family were impressed I did it with no offers for their Help even!  They would have been more in the way if I had to delegate the Work. 

 



I don't even know why I get so Overwhelmed now to do such things, proscrastinate 'til it gets to a point it looks Hoarded, and Imagine it's going to be a bigger job than it actually is?  The Young Prince tells me I have Executive Dysfunction, he's probably Right.  But I used to be such an adept Functional Executive, so what the fuck happened to me?!  *LOL*   So, I Googled it, of coarse, and it says it's caused by disruptions in the prefrontal cortex, the part of the Brain that Manages Planning, Focus, and Impulse Control.  Often triggered by Conditions like ADHD {Check, have it}, Mental Health Disorders {Check, have it}, or Physical Brain Injuries {Check, had it with the Stroke}.  Well, that fully explains it then, coz I have the fucking Trifecta of those Conditions all at once!  It is a Symptom rather than a Stand-Alone Diagnosis, according to Experts. 




 The Neurodevelopmental Conditions like ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder, along with Mental Health Conditions like the OCD, Bipolar I, Anxiety/Depression make it so it drains Motivation and makes making simple decisions seem exhausting.  And I do have regulation and impulse control issues.  I've had the Stroke and probably some Cognitive Decline of degenerative Disease associated with just my Age.  Plus Lifestyle and External Factors like prolonged Stress and Burnout, Sleep depravation.  So, it's explained pretty fully what I've been up against to keep it together and hold it down appropriately.  I went easier on myself once the explanation was outlined and it's not all I can Control with my Control Freak Self.  *Bwahahahahaha*  As always, the Young Genius was spot on... he's so fucking Smart I swear that there's not much he doesn't just know... or hasn't already researched the hell out of.  Too bad he's so Mentally impaired!!!




   But things in my Life often just fall into it.  I truly thought, in my Addled Brain, I might gravitate to a Field of Work actually like Forensics, after Retirement from Corporate Life No. One and Two, coz I'm Delusional as fuck too.  *Bwahahahaha*  It was Tempting and I never actually had a Plan to become a Banker or Work in Criminal Law with the other Two Careers.  But just as Un-Seriously I often considered becoming an Artist and living in a Hippie Commune too.  So I think my Parents were okay with me choosing the Banker Career when it was offered to me... and then the Career at the DA's Office when The Man got weary of me being Retired and Bored, so sent my Resume in without my knowledge.  Thinking, well, Law is Law, whether Real Estate or Criminal, Right?   *Ha ha ha and Eye Roll*   Well, Honey, not really, there's a broad spectrum in that Genre!!!  Very broad and layered!!!   He didn't much Care coz it was driving him Crazy to have a Bored out of her Mind Wifey at Home who was never all that interested in becoming a Domestic Goddess.  Plus, I still had great Earning Potential.  *Winks*




I'm not sure what my Earning Potential would be now since clearly I'm Slipping and a Straight Jacket might be more in my Future?  *Winks and Laughs Maniacally*  But, when Friends and Family see what I CAN accomplish once I kick myself in the Ass and say, Dawn, fucking just DO IT... they always are visibly Impressed and flabbergasted.  You did this all by yourself?  And it only took you no time?!!!!!   Fucking A!!!!  I can be like the Tasmanian Devil in a Good Way when I'm a flurry of Bipolar Manic Energy that finally kicked in and goes into High Gear.  I know at Work the Young People who are Paid Staff, say they get Tired just WATCHING me Work.  *LMAO*  They would be unable to keep Pace and they're Teens and Twenty-Somethings and I can still Work circles around any one or more of them... and they acknowledge that fact, it embarrasses them if they're having me Help them with something.  I can lift more than most of the Young Guys too... except for Stud Muffin Anthony whose a Beast.  *LOL*




I had one of the Younger Guys who looked Sturdy enuf, help me lift a Clothing Display Rack into my Truck, that I felt wasn't that heavy even tho' it was sturdy Metal, but just an Awkward Size to Solo Lift up into the Truck Bed by myself.  Well, poor thing was visibly struggling with his end and Side, but embarrassed coz I had my Side Lifted for the longest time waiting on him, while he labored with getting his Side up high enuf and holding it up long enuf to get his Side into the Truck!!!  *LOL*  At one point I had my Side up by one Hand while maneuvering the Tailgate!  I could tell he didn't wanna be Shown Up and Out-Muscled by an Old Woman, so he powered thru it anyway.  Bless him, and I stroked his Ego by saying how difficult a piece it was, so Thank You so much for Helping me with it. 




 When we got Home, my Schizo very Fabulously Feminine Grandson lifted the whole thing out easily by himself, , we've often been told we're like Ant People and have unnatural Strength compared to how we look.  They could be Right coz most folks look/seem Weaker than they look in our Opinion.  You think they can easily do it, and they just can't, who knew?  *LOL*   The Young Prince also reminded me Why THAT is, in not so PC Terms, well, Gramma, we have what other folks would call "Retard Strength".  *LMAOROTF*   It's not constant Raw Power and usually just a result of Adrenaline, high Pain Tolerance, and Emotional Crisis Meltdown.  And that kinda Tracks too really, when I get Emotional due to my Disabling Conditions, is when I'm more likely to appear to have Unnatural Strength that doesn't make logical Sense for my Age, Gender and Size.  




So if I get upset or Mad about the frustration of something I gotta Lift, I can then always fucking lift it no matter how heavy it is.  Coz I just get in that Weird Head Space where I'm not Naturally lifting it without my Altered State of Mind probably increasing Adrenalin, ignoring Pain, and would have a complete Meltdown if I didn't just get it Done.  *LOL*  I have in the distant Past actually Fractured Bone lifting something so heavy that just coz I could lift it, didn't mean I should have, according to my Surgeon who told me at the time, at your Age, lifting something so heavy is no longer a good Idea Dawn, or you'll end up with more Surgeries coz you're damaging Bone due to Bone Density Issues of a Woman at your Season of Life.  *LOL*




 He phrased it delicately so as not to Offend me, but it was kinda Funny how delicately he Danced around what I was doing at Work, that probably Old Women shouldn't be tasked to do.  I was lifting 50-100+ lbs. of Criminal Files Stored in Banana Sized Boxes, sometimes Waist High, or even over my Head, to stack them!  I had Biceps bigger than my Sons or The Mans, from doing that all Night long every Night 5-6 Days a Week!   So, he Wrote me a Doctor's Recommendation that the Weight of said Boxes was something a Woman over 50 should not be Tasked to Muscle around for an entire Shift.  *Bwahahahaha, AS IF that was gonna change the Fact we had nobody Hired to do it FOR us!* 




 Any time they Hired a Man, he could do the Lifting, but couldn't do the actual Work of Criminal Trial Closeouts, too Slow, too Inaccurate, Speed and Accuracy being the main part of the Job, not the lifting of the Boxes of the Work!   So, every Male they ever Hired in all the Years I worked there, Washed Out.  The Data Entry part of the Job, they couldn't hit the Accuracy and required Quotas of, nor the Audit parts with Speed and Accuracy either.  *LMAO*   Anyway, speaking of Men and their Jobs, I ran into my Old Friend Sale, who is a Vendor at our Antique Mall but only has One Locked Case now so doesn't come in that often.  He's a long distance Truck Driver too so is on the Road a lot.  I ran into him at the SAVERS my Granddaughter Works at and we stopped and chatted for about an Hour, catching up.  He just turned 65, tho' he only looks in his 40's, he's a powerfully built Man whose Aged like a Fine Wine and is still very Handsome and Youthful appearing.  So, he Retired from his Career and said this Idiot Prez and his Minions are fucking up that Industry too with the price of Diesel and Tariffs.




So, he got instantly Bored after Retirement and needed supplemental Income beyond just Selling at the Antique Mall and doing Car Shows, so now he Works at a Car Auction.  He Loves it, and he's a Transportation Guy anyway, did it for a Living all his Life and Collects Transportation related Vintage and Antique Merch too.  His Inventory Rocks and he's often Sold it at Car Shows.  He can Repair any Vehicle too so has done a lot of Restoration Work of Vintage Vehicles for Resale over the Years and used to Collect Cars and Old Trucks.  Anyway, he said his Wife now has him putting new Flooring in at their House coz Hiring someone was gonna Cost $13,000 and he's like, I can do it.  Then he said, Dawn, at our Age now, coz he's only Four Years Younger than me, we THINK we can still do shit we shouldn't anymore.  He said his Wife is like, Sal, why aren't you just doing the whole House at once!?  *Bwahahahaha*  And he's like, coz I'm not 20 anymore Hon, and I'm struggling to do One Room at a time now!  *LMAO*




Now, he's Muscle bound even as an Old Man, yet when he said he didn't have the Strength anymore and is overwhelmed by his Projects, I told him, now I don't feel so bad, Sal, coz, I was beating myself up over how difficult it all is for me now!!!   And we both Laughed and Laughed, coz he knows how I Power thru shit, he's often told me I could be a Female Trucker.  *LOL*  Anyway, it was good to see Sal, he's a good Friend and tho' I don't see his Wife all that often, she's Good People too, a really nice Couple.  Sal was getting Work Blankets to use for the Flooring Job, he'd found some of the Commercial Type there at SAVERS and it was 50% Off Day with it being on a Monday.  Usually I don't go on Mondays coz it's too crowded and Princess T doesn't Work on Mondays, so it was pure Serendipity I ran into him there.  Plus, with having Insider Intel I know they don't put new Inventory on the Floor after Saturday Night, coz the Back Room Workers don't Work Sun-Mon.  You're Welcome.  *Winks*



*******

Happy Autumnal Vibes from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

No comments:

Post a Comment

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl