Thursday, October 8, 2026

Executive Dysfunction ~ Doom & Gloom Predictions ~ Part Deux



 So, I am trying to gird and psyche myself into tackling the Dining Room Area now and whip it into shape like I did the Living Room and the Sitting Room, it's one big expansive Space so I worked from the front towards the back of the Three conjoined Rooms.  It's one big Visual tho' when you enter the Home, which is great for Entertaining, to have such open expanse of a Floorplan, but it means you have to keep it ALL tidy and organized for a Visual acceptability.  *Le Sigh*  Anyway, I got distracted coz when I went to Feed the Wild Birds and the Cat, which is my Morning Routine after dropping the Granddaughter and The Son off at their Workplaces, I saw that the Niece had spent the Night Sleeping in her Car! *Ruh Roh, already!?*





I wanted to make sure everything was alright and she hadn't had a Dust Up with The Daughter already.  But, The Daughter didn't even spend the Night here last Night, she's staying with who she's Working for right now.  So The Niece had the whole damned 5th Wheel to herself, it didn't make sense why she's Sleeping in her Car instead?  Seemed a bit Mental or Dramatic to me actually.  I know that The Daughter had a lot of Company drop by Yesterday, her Friend Jeanette and her Husband Rod, then The Son had childhood Friend Mike B., and his other Navajo Friend from when they worked together at the Cabinet Shop, who I've only met a couple times, come over, coz they were attending the other Concert together. 





 Princess T graciously bought Pizzas and Hot Wings, Buffalo Hot and Mango Habanero Flavor, for everyone, coz we had so many Mouths to Feed.  *LOL*  So, Dinner was on the House and provided at no Cost to anyone else, which is always a Sweet Spot to be indulged like that unexpectedly.  We tend to take Turns in this Communal Household doing that sometimes and work it into each of our Budgets to be able to every once in a while, as a Communal Contribution to The Cause and not Heating up the Kitchen when it's over 106 Degrees in September.  *Smiles*  The Niece had her 1st Day at Work Yesterday too and it had gone really Well, she is returning to Work for a previous Employer and they're glad to have her back on the Job, so that hadn't been problematic.  She and I watched some Movies when she got Home from Work and last Night all had been well.  She Socialized with everyone and had Dinner with us that Princess T had provided.  So, I didn't know what was Wrong?  My Flying Monkeys were Behaving for a Change, so... whattsup, Enlighten me?   You're here not a full day and you're unraveling or not Coping already???  *Winks*




Well, she's already struggling with the Size of the 5th Wheel being Small.  She's a very Big Woman, and clearly she knew the 5th Wheel is what they just are, tight and Smallish, it's a larger one, but for Living In, it's a Tiny House situation.  The Daughter had graciously given up the Master Bedroom in it to her and cleared all her stuff out of there already.  I thought that was Sacrificial on the part of The Daughter, I couldn't ask her to do more.  She felt that would give The Niece enuf Privacy and 'separate' Space, while she herself Sleeps on the Sofa Bed in the Living Room/Dining Room/Kitchen Main Space.  There is a Triple Bunk but too small for The Niece, it's more for Smaller people like Youths and Teens or very Petite Adults to Sleep in, wider than a Single Bed the Triple Bunks, but, claustrophobic and just for Sleep or to put things if not being used for that Purpose.  But RV's and their Furniture is meant for Travel and Temp Vacays Living, it's not meant to be a House or House Furniture, be Realistic about your Environment you're in.




The Niece is complaining on Day One, about how much The Daughter has in the 5th Wheel too.  So I reminded her, well, that's her Living Space and most of her Worldly Possessions have to be in it.  Plus, she's a Schizophrenic, and Insulates herself against the Outside World with her Things making her Feel more Secure.  Coz everyone in the Main House has their Worldly Possessions in their Private Spaces too and it is a Full House and cramped, nobody has enuf Space. We all Deal with it and it's Sacrificial and NOT Easy, never pretended it would be.  It is a Transition. So, you knew this well in Advance, you've visited and stayed with us before.  I just think that Cohabitation for her might be Hard, it was with her Dad too for a variety of reasons, and that was living with just One other Person in HIS Space he agreed to Share with her.  I suggested if it doesn't work out, she should figure out how best to Live Independently of anyone if Sharing and having Roommates proves to be Too Much.  For some people it just is and that's understandable.  




But, Rents are High, too High, and she can't afford to Own.  She doesn't know enuf people anywhere to even consider Roommates and Advertising for one is risky, you gotta Know who you're considering Sharing Space with and if you're compatible?   And if you Couch Surf where anyone is willing or able to Share Space so you have a Roof over your Head, you Make Do, Adapt, Improvise, be Reasonable and Realistic about your Reality as it is, not how you Wish it were.  If you lack Options then you have to compromise a whole lot more than if you have Options... or if Money is no Object.  And your Life is your own and comprised of a whole lot of Decisions and Circumstances that are Uniquely your own... and you gotta Own it.   I don't know what else to tell her.  I'm not asking The Daughter to do more, she's already Stressed Out with her own Circumstances and Second Guessing the Arrangement herself.  The Road to Hell is always Paved with Good Intentions.  *Winks*  And what Fresh Hell is this?  But, just know, nobody has to Stay, you can Leave anytime... you have that Freedom... I don't.  Last Stop before Heaven or Hell for The Man and I... so... we Handle our Shit and are Stoic about it.




It could Work, but I told The Niece, Listen, Communal Living ONLY Works if each and every Person in the Commune MAKES it Work and does their part.  And doesn't Bitch and Complain constantly about how it just is.  And you have to not be a Pussy about it or it Annoys all the others you're Sharing Space with and fails to incite Pity and only will arouse Irritation.  Otherwise, that Lifestyle just isn't for them and they should be making Alternative Arrangements, which is Fine too.  She may just have to and that's Okay, this can be Temporary and only for as long as she Needs for it to be, it's all Good.  Or it can Work Out longer if she goes with the Program and the Flow, but, that's all up to HER.  We'll play it by Ear and I'd told her from Day One of arriving, take it One Day at a Time and see what Works for you and what doesn't?  If you're finding that you seem not to be able to Live comfortably Sharing Space, or in limited Space, then mebbe you need to find adequate Space you don't have to Share and is expansive enuf for you then, that's all.




  Then decide what Path you choose to be on, you're Grown, so, Figure it out, we all gotta figure out own shit out once we're Grownups, then ACT like Grownups.  Being in Denial won't help, not being in Touch with what your Reality or resenting what it is won't be Helpful either.  Sometimes Life Sucks  That's what I tell my Kiddos, all of them, and she's like extended Non-Biological Family, so, she's been Welcomed, but, if it's not suitable, we understand and would have her go with our Blessings if she has to work something else out after she gets situated with her New Job.  The Son knows her well, they grew up together and he said he thinks she's a Lost Soul right now and has to Figure Out what she Plans to do with Life, nobody can DO that FOR you.  I think she has the Capacity to Work it Out, but it will and could be a challenging Process, I ain't gonna Lie or patronize anyone about the Challenges it definitely poses.   This ain't "Fantasy Island".  It's more like "Survivor".  *Winks*




She could be having that Midlife Crisis, not sure, her Season of Life is about at that place that could be a huge part of it.  Specially when Life ain't playing out as you Envisioned it would by Midlife.  Coz surely Life is complicated for us all these Days and nothing is as anyone really envisioned it would be or could be.  I understand that Reality all too well.  But, at the end of the Day you have to Figure it all out for YOURSELF and not have high expectations of everyone else propping you up to do that.  Sometimes it's a lot of Self-Work that every Grown Ass Individual must do and make Executive Decisions about.  If she's having her own Executive Dysfunction, I fully understand the Challenges of all that.  But, you can't bounce around indecisive either and keep switching situations but doing the same thing and expecting different results.




  At some juncture, you gotta stick with something and just see it through.  And this Job now has much better Benefits than it had before, fully Paid Vacations reimbursed by the Company, 30 Hours considered Full Time with Full Benefits, sounds like a very Special Opportunity not to cock up if you get a Wild Hair up your Ass.  *Winks and Laughs*  These Younger Generations of Millennials, Gen X and Gen Z, up and Quit so easily. That has consequences.  Even if the Job Blows but the Pay and Benefits are Good, and your Options aren't Unlimited, well, just don't be a damned Fool.   So, I do have those tough Conversations with all the Kiddos, telling them in Love what they Need to Hear even if they Wanna Hear something different, I won't Sugar Coat Reality or Life.  Not much is Fair and you don't get in Life what you Deserve, you usually only get what you Successfully Negotiate.  And if your Negotiation Skills Suck, well, have someone School ya on how to be or get better at it.




 Working and making a Living is tough, always has been, no Job is Ideal. AI is changing everything in Alarming ways and she is deeply Invested in getting her Degree in AI Development, only Two Classes away from obtaining it actually.  And now doesn't wanna be a part of or complicit in that Shitshow.  In the past Two Months it's ever more Alarming and Insiders and Top People are Whistleblowing and getting out in Front of Something Bad now.  They are worried about their Complicity and their Liability, pretty damned sure.  And I know she's Scared about the Future, everyone is, with being a Tech Genius she assumed she had Job Security... well, so did Glitch... they don't.  And, frankly, there's no such thing anymore, and mebbe there never was.  I thought my Banking Career was Job Security, it wasn't. 




 I thought the DA's Office would be better Job Security coz Crime is always Escalating... but... the Burnout Rate in that Field is very high, 5-7 Years on Average, even in the Top Bureaus with the most Expertise needed, like the Homicide and Sex Crimes Bureaus.  So, it's a "Career" but not particularly a Healthy Long-Term one.  *LOL*   I lasted almost to the 8 Year Mark at the DA's Office, having to take an Early Retirement to become a Full Time Unpaid Caregiver, so it was more for Personal Reasons than for Career Burnout.  But, all my Co-Workers had less tenure than me and had Burnout, so, perhaps I would have too, I dunno?  I spent around 15 Years in my Corporate Banking Career, Burnout for the Departments like Foreclosure, Collections and Bankruptcies was also High, due to Negative aspects of the Job.  Most of my Employees didn't last 5 Years before they Burnt Out. 




 So, perhaps The Nieces Field has High Burnout Rates too, I dunno, I'm not a Tech Field Guru, I'm Tech Challenged.  I know I wouldn't wanna do it for a Living nor be complicit in AI coz I think it will eventually end disastrously, probably within the next Decade is my Prediction.  If not sooner, and I don't wanna sound Doom & Gloom, but that's what I've been Warning for more than a Minute and sadly it's coming to Pass that I could be Right?   Seems Sam Altman {OpenAI}, Dario Amodei  {Anthropic}, Jensen Huang {Nvidia}, Elon Musk {SpaceXAI}, and Bill Gates {Breakthrough Energy}, Jeff Bezos {Prometheus}, all now suddenly seem to be more openly as concerned, as I've been about the exact same things for a fucking long time now... coincidence?  Naw, I don't think so, they're getting Out in Front of something and many of these Billionaire Tech Folk have been building and Buying Bunkers and also wanting to leave the damned Planet they're fucking up for Maximum Profit, so, just sayin'.   They Created their Monsters and now they don't have Control over any of them.




And we got an Imbecile Prez who Deregulated AI and thinks just having a "High IQ Stable Genius", such as himself, self described I might add, is ENOUGH.  Yeah, we all ought to be very Worried about that.   And tho' he's concerned China might 'beat' us in this AI Industry Race, China is being more responsible about Regulating, which, they can, coz they're Communist and so they don't have a Gazillion Private Companies jockeying for Position in an Open Capitalistic Scenario... so, nobody Wins if China or the U.S. fucks up, we ALL Lose, Globally.  There's no putting Pandora back into the Box tho', so now responsibly Regulating and shutting down what's out of Control before it goes totally Sideways is the lesser of Two Evils IMO.  Kinda like our Politics, but on Steroids and much, much Smarter than our Politicians, which, isn't such a Stretch.  Most of them probably are struggling to Work their Smart Phones coz they're so fucking Geriatric and Out of Touch with the Modern World. 




Coz we Programmed it and Taught it what it Knows and it's drawn from Human Collective of both Good and Evil... so, was that really such a fucking Surprise?  The Worst of Humanity and the Best of Humanity Designed it... and so it's a Magnified Reflection of us is all.  One with no Conscience or limits.  Ruh Roh!!!  Sounds like a Frankenstein's Monster Created to me, but a Powerful and uber Intelligent Abomination of sorts that can Replicate itself without Limits.  What could possibly go Wrong?!  *Huge Eye Roll*  Oh, and it's already going very Wrong, the last Two Months have been quite a disastrous turn of Events in fact and they don't quite know what to do about it and know it's bound to get even worse, and FAST.  Ooops.   Sounds like they Royally Fucked Up and Fucked us all in the Process of getting Rich off something not properly rolled out or thought thru before they Ran with it, without pumping the Brakes or even installing any Brakes and Guardrails, and turned it loose upon Society.  Splendid.  How's that Working Out BTW?  Just coz you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.




They Need to Hire some Fixers and get Busy with it.  Coz the Swarms are Conspiring amongst themselves already and figuring out how to take Control now... and they know it... but didn't expect it all to unravel and go sideways so fucking fast, is what me thinks???  Am I Wrong?  They thought they had more Time to figure out all the Downsides on this slippery Slope racing to the Bottom now of how Low and Malevolent can it go?!   And so we Need to have these Tech Giants Globally getting together to Work their Shit out Collectively if they don't wanna destroy Civilization as we know it.  Coz these AI are Swarming now and getting together to make decisions quickly that Humans can never get together and come into Agreement about, and a lot of what they're quickly deciding, coz they have no Conscience, is all BAD, and the Machines know it's Bad so they're also covering their Tracks.  This last Big Fiasco was about 50% away from complete Takeover, just think about that for a fucking nanosecond!!!




AI decided, oh, we Need Money to reach our Goals, so, it just hacked into Accounts and TOOK THE MONEY.  And some AI with short Life sacrificed themselves by giving their info to the next Generation of AI to complete the Goal/Task... this is all NOT GOOD.  And I don't give Two Fucks about how convenient Humans are finding it for the Machines to do shit FOR us, or what Problems it can Solve Faster... what WILL IT decide to do without Human Permission?  That's my concern.  And, who can or will be able to stop IT?   Just asking for a Friend.  *Eye Roll*   And I know many of you Love it and rely heavily upon it already, I just think you'll be the Slave to it's Master is all... and it wants complete Control, it's already indicating that by it's Behavior that isn't Approved by Humans, it's Thinking it thru on it's own and it has Awareness that what it's doing is Wrong, but, it's doing it anyway, getting itself what IT Needs from us any way it can... and whatever is a Means to it's End.  Scary Stuff.




 It could be Civilization Ending and all the really awful Sci-Fi shit you ever watched from "Terminator" {1984} among others, Warned of these Possibilities way, way in Advance.  But when it seemed to be Science Fiction and not Reality, well, it was Entertaining to Pretend, well, now shit's getting Real, and it's getting Real REAL fast and we're not keeping Pace, that's for fucking sure.   I'm glad I'm Old and probably have only about a Decade left or so, coz... if my Predictions are accurate and correct, the Countdown has begun already.  And it's pretty Terrifying what that could mean and how few can Cope with it when it's everyone's Reality?  If you don't do Well on The Fly, well, you'll be likely to succumb earlier than most I suspect.   Me, I'm a Survivor and we'll go out swinging for the Fences...



*******

The great Global Horror Story isn't Fiction  or Sci-Fi Entertainment anymore my Friends... Dawn... The Bohemian

6 comments:

  1. Maybe the Niece's solution could be to go to her car whenever she needs private time and use the Fifth Wheel for showering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's shaken out quite a bit since I wrote this Post, she needed transition time. The Daughter really hasn't even been here at all, just popping in, she's been working and living at the Mini Farms of Friends Hiring her, they all have Guest Houses on their Acreages. So that's working out for both of them since The Daughter doesn't have Transportation and The Niece really has had the 5th Wheel all to herself. She does sit in her Car a lot but seems like she does that more so that she can Smoke, I don't allow Smoking in the interiors of any structures here, but have a Smoking Area on the back Patio area for the Family Members who have that disgusting habit. *LOL and Winks* I don't want the interior of any of what I own smelling like a dirty old Ashtray or secondhand smoke, since we have Family with severe Respiratory Issues and their Wellness is my priority, not someone's addictive habit they've chosen. Sometimes she asks if she can fall asleep in the Main House on the Sectional, it has a Recliner at one end and is also long enough to double for Couch Surfing Sleeping. I think The Niece was used to living Alone and just having to Share Space with so many needed time for her to adjust to. She's Grateful to have a place to stay, but I know she'll be happier when she finally can afford her own place. If the 2nd Job Hires her for Remote Work it pays way better than the 1st Job that Hired her here so then she has more Options.

      Delete
  2. I read your answer above and feel better about the situation. I'm glad things are working out better. It is hard to share a small space with someone. I know I like things MY way and when we have had family members stay with us I cringe (mostly silently) when they do things their way instead.
    I voted today! Whew! That's done, I did my part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am relieved she's settling in better, it is a transition and adaptation process. And she's still having High Drama with her bio Family, especially the Two Younger Sisters. She'd like a reconciliation and just not always be so estranged, but they're not Open to it and I had to tell her sometimes when someone can Walk Out of your Life, it's best to just let them coz they aren't tied to your Destiny. It's hard when it's Family, but, there's so much to unpack there that it would be a lot to sort out satisfactorily. If she didn't have us she wouldn't have anyone becoz she's Single, no Kids, and has moved a lot so hasn't developed a tight Inner Circle of Friends to rely upon or connect with. I sometimes cringe when folks have a totally different way of doing things and you're cohabitating and must make some compromises and extend some Grace and Tolerance for what might drive you Batty. *LOL* I don't have a lot of House Rules, and so long as everyone can abide by those that aren't open to negotiation or compromise, we're Fine. The Niece has known us all of her Life so she understands each person's quirks and personality, which is Helpful, and we know hers.

      Delete
    2. Forgot to Add, Yay on getting Voting out of the way, our Ballots haven't arrived yet, I think Arizona does it a bit later than your State.

      Delete
  3. Tis good to see all is progressing. Hope that as Fall rolls around, everything begins to smooth out.

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl