Tuesday, September 1, 2026

An Everlasting Faint



 I was gonna hit the Gym Two days in a row and then I was so freakin' sore I'm second guessing whether that's a good idea or not?  *Le Sigh and LOL*  I'm not sore from the previous visit there, I'm sore from both the Arthritis in my Left Hand and Right Foot, and... I tripped over a Milk Crate that had blown over in the Storm on the back Porch... banging my Shins on it and wrenching my Back when I almost fell and caught myself enuf to stay vertical!  The Son grabbed onto me and it scared him half to Death coz he thought I was gonna take another Senior Fall, but on Cement this time and not in an Irrigated Water filled Pasture like last time I got splayed out like a Starfish!  *LOL*  So, my Shins are ridiculously sore, yet I didn't Bruise, which is very Surprising.  But, my Left Shin is very swollen.




Other than that, everything is Swell.  *Bwahahahaha*  I did kick myself into gear and go to the Gym after all.  Another big and buff looking Senior was parked beside me just arriving, and he limped out of his Vehicle same time I did, we both looked quite crippled up and were in Handicapped Parking, so he Smiled big and encouraged me by saying we'd be feeling better after we did this.  He said his Social Media algorithm keeps sending him Videos of 90 Year Olds Working Out to Shame him into going.  *LOL*  So, we both hobbled in together talking, he was a nice looking Older Black Man, I got the sense he was Retired Military or Law Enforcement, drove a nice Sports Car, very congenial but not flirty.   Many Single Older Men are Scouting for someone to look after them in their Old Age.  *Yeah, NO! Even if I WAS Single myself, LOL*




 I can't wear my Wedding Band anymore due to Arthritis swelling and malformation of that Ring Finger.  So I'm Careful of talking to Older Senior Men who strike up conversation with me, many get the wrong impression and think you're interested if you respond in a friendly manner.  *Ha ha ha*  But, this Guy wasn't like that at all, just a very nice Guy motivating himself to stay fit and Healthy in spite of obviously having some measure of Disability going on.  As fit, muscular and big as he was, like a Retired Pro Athlete, he was hobbling around worse than me and it was obvious he's got Bad Knees and Mobility challenges, walks like he's in chronic Pain.  When you hurt a lot, you can tell when other people do even if they say nothing and never complain about it.




Anyway, I had a good Workout, not as long as the Day before, kept it to One Hour.  Then I went a little ways away to the new BUC-EES.  I've heard so much Hoopla about it, never been in one, this is the 1st one in Arizona located at Bullard and the I-10.   I have to confess, I was suitably impressed, and I'm not easily impressed. It's like the Wal-Mart of Convenience Stores and enormous. Packed even that early in the Morning coz I was done with my Workout by 7:00 a.m..  I got the Family some of the Brisket & Egg Breakfast Tacos, coz I'd heard good things about their Brisket and they make their own Tortillas there too.  Folks weren't Wrong, the Brisket was excellent, fall apart tender and hearty Breakfast Tacos.  I got a bigger Breakfast Burrito for later which I'll have for Lunch.  And I got a T-Shirt with their Logo and was their Halloween Graphics T-Shirt with the Beaver Mascot, cute.  {See Below}





They had some BUC-EEs Arizona T-Shirts too, mebbe another time.  They were Cute too, with Saguaro Cacti and their Mascot in the Desert of the Cartoonish Graphics.   I should have probably Photographed that but I didn't and only Photographed my 2X Size T-Shirt once I got Home rather on their Display Mannequin there.   Since I like Halloween Merch and figured the Arizona Tees would be around longer, I opted for the Seasonal Graphics Shirt.  They had some nice Dia de los Muertos Merch too.   I Photographed some of that, I liked the Taco Party Server {Below}.  It was Metal with great Dia de los Muertos Graphics, but, I'd never use it, so I Passed on the Temptation to get one.  I enjoyed walking around, lots of people were, it seems to be a Touristy type destination.  Nice addition to the area IMO... and perhaps it will stimulate some Gas Wars too and bring some higher pricing down?  Arizona is some of the highest Gas Prices in the Nation.




I took a few Pixs, lots of people were.  I guess it's the kind of place folks wanna document in Pixs that they were at?   And, since it's just off a Major Freeway, I saw a lot of Tourists who aren't Locals.  Odd for this time of Year, but likely just passing thru AZ on their way somewhere Cooler? *LOL*  There was a whole Leather clad Motorcycle Biker Club there taking Pixs of themselves in front of the Store.  So, I wasn't the only Photographer snapping Pixs of the place, like the Weirdo I usually look like Pathologically Picture Taking everywhere I go.  *Smiles and Winks*    Then Below are Pixs taken at COLADOs of the Breakfast I had there, the Tropical Crepe and an Iced Caramel Macchiato Coffee.  Usually I have a scoop of the Tropical flavor Ice-Cream, but forgot to ask for it... usually the Cashier asks if you want the Scoop, she forgot to and so then so did I.  *Pouting*


 


 

I heard the funniest Man's Name on a Show Today that The Man was watching... Erazmus!!!  And his last Name was Trout... what a Name!   His Wife's Name was Zona.  Okay, I was chuckling for quite some time.  And she dies of what they used to call "An Everlasting Faint"... so, now I'm rolling with Laughter, that it's what they used to call Heart Attacks!   An Everlasting Faint... OMG!!!  *LMAOROTF*  And apparently ole' Erazmus was a Serial Killer who tended to have Wives who had very peculiar "Accidents" that Killed them... so, wasn't an Everlasting Faint after all his 3rd Wife had, she was Murdered, Ole' Zona.  Along with his 2nd Wife who a Brick "accidentally" fell on her Head off the Roof, killing her, what are the Odds?   And possibly his 1st Wife also met with an unfortunate yet intentional End, she just disappeared.  The Man watches some of the strangest things sometimes and I said don't get any Ideas from Ole Erazmus, he did get caught and convicted.  Plus, I don't think I'd be that Easy a Kill?  *LOL and Winks*  But, it gave me an excellent and hilarious Blog Post Title Hook and some Laughs, you can't make this shit up!!!  *Ha ha ha*

 



I should price some Merch to bring in to the Antique Mall, I have some good Quality Smalls that would be an easy Turn and good Margins of Profit.  Some are Old New Stock Star Wars Figures of Darth Maul and the Packaging is pristine.   This Week I Sold all my Law Enforcement Emblem Beanie Bears that were some Special Edition for Phoenix PD in the early 2000's.  Someone bought them all.   And I Sold my Otis O'Brien 1972 Ventriloquist Creepy Doll, he was well over $100 so I'd had him a Minute. But he made for a good Display piece in the Showroom until such time as he Sold.  Tho' the Manhandling Customers always took him down from up high to mess with him.  So, I'm glad he finally Sold so he didn't get ruined by the Asshole Shoppers who just fuck with stuff they aren't gonna buy even if it's expensive.  Someone Bought him when we had our recent 20% Off Sale if you Bought anything over $25.  The Mall will reimburse me 5% of that.




This Pay Period I did Sell some better Quality Merch, unusual for right now when folks are typically not spending much.  Today is a Saturday and the close of our Pay Period and I'm doing quite well this cycle, so should get a decent Check on Payday.  I need to, so, any discretionary income I can earn any kind of way is really helpful and appreciated.  I almost have enuf Recycled Aluminum to turn in too again.  I drove around looking at Storm damage, we were Lucky, many Homes not far from us lost almost their entire Roof of Shingles on their Primary Residence.  Enormous 60 foot Trees, mostly Pines, were ripped out of the Ground and thrown around!  I took some Storm Damage Pixs for you to see how bad it was.  Many Luxury Golf Course Homes in Litchfield Park got the worst of the damage from what I saw.  The Root Balls on some of those felled Pines was over 15-20 Foot Across and High!






There were Miles of a swath of destruction like this thru several Cities.  So the damages some folks experienced was so much worse than what we did, so I feel very fortunate now.  The Adjuster called and is coming on Thursday Morning and my Contractor will meet him here and go over what's needed with him.  Our Exterminator came Today too and bulked up our Treatment, we have them on Retainer, but mostly for Termites, since this has been a bad Year for them and we didn't want damage from those little nasty Critters, they're catastrophically destructive.  Most of our Home is Burnt Adobe Brick, but The RV Garage Mahal, the She Shed, our Pool Shed, and our Facia on the Home is Wood.  




The Son and his Lifelong Friend Q just brought Pizza home, they'd got Fishing, but didn't catch much... just Sunfish... so no Fish Dinner.  *LOL*  They said there's a lot of Cans down there so Tomorrow, on my Birthday, The Son wants to take me to Breakfast and then go glean those Can together, I guess that means he wants to spend my Birthday Morning with me?  *LOL*  I don't mind, I didn't have Plans, I was gonna wing it for the day anyway, so it was open to whatever happens.   I hadda MAKE The Man have a slice of Pizza, I'd been Napping and nobody was Home 'til the Guys got Home from Fishing, so I know he hadn't eaten, but he claims he did.  Then when I asked, well, what did you eat?  He couldn't tell me coz he hadn't eaten.  This is a pattern with him now, confusion about what he did, didn't do, thinks he did and he didn't.  He gets upset with everyone but me if they try to coax him into eating when we know he hasn't.  I just bring him the food anyway, then walk away so there's no room for argument, and he'll eat it.  *Smiles*




The Caregiving I'll want a respite from on my Birthday, so The Son asked pointedly, you want me to take you to Breakfast Solo?  I did.  He'd of sprung for his Dad too but honestly, I want a nice relaxed Breakfast without being in Caregiver Mode on my Birthday and wondering if he'll be agreeable or difficult during the Meal?   And if The Son is paying, then I want him to enjoy his Meal too and not have to worry about his Dad during it and if that will spoil the present of doing it for me?  It's just too many variables to risk bringing him along and that's a shame, but it's the reality of it, coz lately he's been in a very unlovely Mood a lot and for no apparent reason.  So, I'm glad that they'll be having Nurse Remi coming again, he really liked her visits and she was so Caring yet stern with him, like another Wife.  *Ha ha ha*  She's joke with him even, "See, it's like having Two Wives now... making sure you're okay and taking Care of you..."    And he'd Laugh, but enjoy the Attention and Care she gave while here.  He was always Agreeable with her coz she has such a Kind manner about her.




I got more Bad News from The Reservation from my Cousin DeAnna.   Her Older Sister, Wewokajanna is the one recovering from TB, and that's slow, but she's Home.   BUT, now Wewokajanna's Youngest Daughter has been diagnosed with Cancer!!!   It has spread coz it was neglected too, and she's been Hospitalized numerous times for other ailments so I don't see how they could have missed it really if they'd been thorough about Exams all the other times?  But, it is the Indian Hospital, so...   Anyway, they think that it spread to her Hip and Abdomen from her Breast.   Our Paternal Grandmother Died of Breast Cancer spreading in much the same way, living there and basically not getting the best Medical Care either.  Most Tribal folks there are quite impoverished and the work they do is menial unskilled Labor coz the Education at the Indian Schools is no better than when my Dad went.  He was put to Work, unpaid, as a Child, at the Indian Schools and it was called an "Education".




  You can be Intelligent and still be so poorly Educated that it makes a profound difference in how Life plays out for you.  Couple that with Generational Racial Oppression, and not very many of my Paternal Side have had a decent Education or good Jobs.  So, Dad joined the Military when he turned 17 and Retired after Serving 27 Years.  Many Male Paternal Relatives also Enlisted, but got too hurt during Wartime to make it a Career, they almost always got Front Line deployments during Wartime and came Home injured.  Most were Trackers, The Man had a Navajo Tracker in his Special Forces Unit when he went to Vietnam for double deployments there.  Only he and his Navajo Tracker made it out Alive during his 2nd Tour of Duty there, but both were severely injured.  The Man said many Native Americans ensured their Units in Special Forces Survived, coz they could Track an Ant thru the Jungle, were very Quiet, so you never heard them coming and the Enemy rarely even saw them coming, and had good Instincts in dangerous situations.  




I know my Cousin was a Tracker in Vietnam for a Special Forces Unit and wouldn't use a Gun, he used his Knife.  His Mantra was what all my Male Relatives told us to do, if you have an Enemy, make sure they Fight you all day long and never See you.  *Smiles and Winks, it's very effective, coz it's a Mind Fuck too, LOL*   But my Dad was in Food Service, so Luckily he managed not to get injured even during deployments to Combat Zones.  He said Food Service, Medics and Clergy didn't have Weapons in Vietnam, but he always got along with the Local Villagers near his Bases instead.   They liked American Indigenous, so they'd give him Intel as to when shit was gonna go down, and he'd pass that Intel along.  Out of his own Pay he'd bring Food into the Villages and Share it too, as is the way of his People.  It endeared him to so many Vietnamese while there that he came Home with lots of Friendship Gifts, some costing the Local Villagers a whole Month of their Wages!  That's how highly Respected and Honored he was to them.  He felt they were put in a very difficult Situation, Local Villagers during the War.  And of coarse our Country abandoned those who'd helped us when we pulled out.  There and in Afghanistan.




  But, I digress, anyway, so, the Youngest Daughter of Wewoka is the about the same Age as The Daughter, I'd say Mid to Late 40's, so still pretty Young and likely has been left too long now to recover.   DeAnna also lost her Youngest Daughter just last Year to illness left undiagnosed for too long to do anything about it, she was a very Young Adult, I don't even think she was in her 30's, but may have been.   DeAnna had quite a few Children coz she was Married off at Age 13, just like my Paternal Grandmother had been.  *I know, that's what I thought about it, even when I was 13 and hearing my Cousin had been allowed to Marry and was Pregnant at Age 13!!!*  DeAnna is my Age and that was still a Tribal practice, allowing Girls too Young to be Married and have Kids that Young.  So her Oldest Son, she had at only 13 Years Old, and her Youngest Child many, many Years later.   Below are the Parents of those Cousins, their Dad was one of my Dad's Older Brothers, their Mom was Cherokee. 




Both of my Parent's Cultures allowed Girls way too Young to be Married, usually to much Older Men.  In Mom's Day it was usually around Age 15!  She was considered an Old Maid and worrying my Grandparents that she and my Dad waited until she was 21 to Marry!  And my Dad was 23 when they got Married and his Family also thought that was too Old to wait that long!!!  And to Marry a European, oh, they didn't like that either on his side of the Family and never got over it!   But they were Fearful of my Mom coz they thought her to be a Welsh Gypsy Witch and probably a Shapeshifter who had a pact with the Dark Side.  *LOL and Winks, they thought the same of me too and still do actually.  Winks*   I'm GLAD my Parents were more Progressive than their respective upbringings tho', and very Unconventional in their ways, they didn't just comply and were very Bohemian for their Generation.  And sadly, many Cultures still do have Child Brides Globally tho'.  It's Creepy and Sexually exploits Children, it should be a Crime Globally IMO.  My Parents both thought so too... 




Tho' me waiting 'til 28 to Marry, and having had a Child Years before that, they thought was waiting a long time.  *Bwahahahaha*  I never really wanted to Marry and they knew that, so they were always trying to play Matchmaker with some Arranged Date for me.  *LMAO*  Once, Dad gave permission for an Egyptian Guy to Date me coz the Guy asked my Dad if he could, and Dad said Yes, and neither one of them had asked me!  *LOL*   He was handsome and a nice fling, but, I definitely wasn't gonna Marry him, his Culture was very objectified about Women and he found out quickly I came from a Strong Matriarchal Cultural upbringing, so would never be the subservient obedient little Woman, even tho' I was a tiny Sprite back then, I weighed about 98 Lbs. even tho' I had a Toddler at the time, coz The Daughter I'd had a couple Years earlier.  I didn't wanna Marry her Dad either.  *LOL*  Marrying The Son's Father was a huge Mistake, my Pregnancy lasted longer than the Marriage.  *Bwahahaha*   But, The Man was a Keeper and I was over 30 by then and thought, well, lets TRY Marriage to a decent fella... and so now here we are well over Three Decades later.  *Smiles* 




The Daughter has gone out with Danae, Princess T has gone out with Rusty, so only The Son and Q are Home with The Man and I.  The Young Prince and Allen couldn't get here yet coz Allen got a bad Infection at Work, I was so worried he got Screw Worm coz he is Employed at a Texas Slaughterhouse and we all know the Cattle there have been Infected and who knows if it can transfer to Humans?  The Industry doesn't exactly Protect their Workers real well that Process our Meats for consumption, just sayin'.   Allen said most of the Workers are Immigrants from Mexico, South America and Africa, very few Americans do what he does.  He grew up on his Grandpa's Cattle Ranch, so he's been doing it since he was only 14 and he's a big Corn Fed Young Man, so can do the really Physically demanding work it requires.  But even he says, in his late 20's, he can't keep Pace with the Old African Men who do that for a Living.  He said most of them are Skinny and Tiny but are like Ant Men, they're so Strong and Tough.   He does have to be Careful about being Gay tho', coz in their Cultures they tell him they Kill Gay People, and I don't doubt that either.



 *******

Well, I've gone on long enuf for this Post... Be Well my Friends... Dawn... The Bohemian

No comments:

Post a Comment

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl