Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Holding In Hurry Up And Wait Mode



 I had to severely cut back our Old Aloe Vera Plant which we have Poolside in a Half Barrel, it had gotten too leggy hanging over the Barrel and was dying out on the inside of the Planter.  We'll try to re-root some of it and offer some out front for Free to anyone wanting cuttings.  The local Hummingbirds get a lot of sustenance from the Flowers of it and it's Gel is great for anyone with Sunburn or any kind of Burn.  But we simply have too much of it to keep it all except in some Pottery Planters.  I may look for some secondhand Pottery Planters to put some in around our Front Wall area, not much else has thrived in this excessive Heat except my Potted Rosemary.  I need to find big Pots for the Cactus cuttings that came off when the big Peruvian Apple Cactus got knocked over twice during these fierce storms.  I have about 10 Arms to Re-Pot and not waste.  When I saw the price of Peruvian Apple Cactus as big as those Arms, it's worth Salvaging them all.  




They go for about $80 an Arm at that Size!  Mine have yet to Flower or produce their Fruit, but it's a large Plant and got as tall as the Patio Roof in Front.  I grew it from discarded cuttings Roadside someone left illegally dumped.   They propagate well from Arm Cuttings and have Pups that grow out of broken Arms, making them just fuller rather than just taller.  So my damaged Plant will actually look better after Nature's Trim of it.  My Aloe Vera should do better now I've dealt with thinning it out.  I'm going to sort the cuttings of it and put what I'm giving away in Banana Boxes left out front.  If they all don't get taken we can have Bulk Garbage pick up the rest the 1st Monday of September when they pick up Curbside Garbage set out.   I also have a Baby Palm Tree and a Baby Date Palm that need relocating to better locations on the Property than they Seeded and began growing.




It's so Humid this day that I feel soaked after being Outside just a little while tending to those Plants.  *Whew*  So I came Inside and began a Deep Dive into short Reels on deep Scientific stuff, I can really get Lost down that Rabbit Hole, so fascinating and informative, yet explained in a way you can understand even if you're not a Scientific Prodigy.  The Young Prince watches those types of Reels incessantly and now I know why he does, so much you can Learn from them about anything and everything.   I always Loved Science and did very well in it, but wasn't interested in entering any Field involving it coz I didn't think I was smart enuf, just fascinated enuf, which probably wouldn't cut it.  *LOL*  I Loved Forensics and often thought of gravitating to that once I began a Career in Criminal Law in my 2nd Corporate Life.  But the amount of additional Schooling it would require didn't fit in to my Life then at all and I was already Raising Two Generations of Kiddos.  




Princess T said Rusty's Sisters other Cat had Kittens too.  The other one had Two but One Died and only One has Survived.  She got preggy when she accidentally got out, same happened with her Sister sometime later.  She ended up preggy too and had Three Kittens, one is a Calico that Rusty and Princess T wrestle with wanting to Keep, at his House of coarse.  *LOL*  But, they both feel bad about giving away the other Kittens and just selecting One, becoz they've assigned Human Feelings to the Mama Cats.  *Ha ha ha*  The one with the Sole Kitten seems already Over Motherhood and is more interested in her Sister Cat's Newer Kittens.  So, I doubt she'll mind if they give her Kitten away when it's Old enuf.  Since they already have to separate the Newer Kittens away from her or she ignores her Kitten entirely and dotes on the Younger ones.  *Smiles*  She said all the other Three Kittens are mostly Black, one being a Tuxedo marking.




  Rusty takes care of his Younger Sisters Two Cats coz they don't live there with their Dad and only visit.  The Dad got the Girls the Cats... Rusty got stuck taking Care of them and buying them what they need... Princess T has helped him with them.  Eli is not a friendly Cat and I won't allow any more Cats.  It took her a Year to talk me into allowing her to even have another Cat after Miss Priss Died.  When Eli needed a new Home and Anthony's Aunt found out she was allergic to him when he was a Kitten and they'd let Anthony have him.  Next thing I knew Anthony was over here all the time with his Kitten, making me feel sorry for the damned Kitten's plight and I'm such a Sucker for a Hard Luck Story.  Anthony used to visit Eli all the time even after he gave him to us, so he had visitation, until such time as he just grew up and Moved Away.  Now he and Princess T haven't been Friends for Years and he rarely comes back to where he grew up here.  It happens, Life moves on.




The Man and I now are keeping Bedtimes of a Toddler, I was Asleep again before 6:00 p.m.!   And then woke just now at 6:00 a.m.!  Apparently now I require a full 12 Hours of Sleep, plus a Nap/Siesta too... Holy Hell, I'm turning into a Newborn Infant in my Old Age with the amount of Sleep I'm doing!!! *LOL*   I heard running across our Roof and it sounded big enuf that it probably was a Raccoon, we get some here on the Mini Farms, Tyson The Pit Bull Great-Grandpup once chased one up our Neighbor Omar's Date Palm Tree, it was as big as a Medium sized Dog!  I felt bad for it being so Scared, and for a while, when Tyson lived here, we didn't get any Critters coz they were scared of him and he was fiercely Territorial about HIS Yard.  *Smiles*  He's a big Softie with Birds tho' and would lay there and watch them Steal his Kibbles.   And, he was fearful of the Roof Rats, which, can get as big as a small Cat and apparently have enuf Attitude to Scare a Pit Bull!!!  Yikes!




Today our Roofer should be here to put the Tarps on the missing parts of the RV Garage Mahal Roof to stop any Water seeping in and causing Water Damage.  We don't know how long the Insurance and our Mortgage Company will take to process and distribute any Claim Money for the Roof damage?   I'm hoping they don't dally too long, tho' our Roofer has so much Work with how big the Storms have been, that then he has to have the time to get to each Job too.   So I feel we'll all be Holding  in Hurry Up and Wait Mode?   *Le Sigh*  I'll be glad when it's just done coz it's already been such a hassle that I Hope never to have to file a Homeowner's Insurance Claim again, this being the first one I've had to ever file and hopefully the last? 




 Yes, you pay a Fortune in their Premiums every Month all of your Life, but once you have a Claim, what a fucking Ordeal it is to get your Money paid out or Claims even Approved!!!  It's quite the Racket they got when you think about it.  How much do they pull in when you never have Claims compared to Payouts?  Shit, I'd like to get big Monthly Checks forever from Customers, for doing nothing for them 99% of the time.  And then raise prices considerably or drop them as Customers if you have to do something for them even 1% of the time!   When I think about how much we all pay out Monthly for Hazard Insurance, Vehicle Insurance and Health Insurance, for a Lifetime, it's considerable.  We all Hope to never have to use it and stay Healthy, have no Wrecks or no Property Damages, to be sure, but, then you've really Paid all that Money to get nothing for it.  Yep, quite a Racket.




I Shamed The Man into doing the Dishes.  You have to ASK him or strongly Hint/Shame him into doing anything at all or he'll walk right by it now as if it's Invisible and he doesn't see it needs to get done and won't get done all by itself.   Usually me or the Kiddos do everything, but I'm not giving him a Free Pass to just sit and watch his Reruns all Day long when we've been doing everything else or I'm too tired to do one more thing that has gone undone now for a few Days, like a Sink full of Dishes nobody washed.  I did all of the Cooking for the last few Days coz The Daughter has been away doing Work for Elderly Friends for a little bit of Money and her Daily Mike's Hard.  The Son has been doing all our Yardwork, which has been considerable, plus he Works his Job Shifts.  Princess T cleans up after herself and rarely even leaves her Room, so none of it was hers. 




 I wanted to see how many Days that The Man would stroll by it as if it wasn't Seen?  And after I'm doing all the other Housework, Caregiving, Cooking, Shopping, Laundry, Pricing of Inventory for extra Income, Gardening, Feeding the Animals, Working my Shifts at the Antique Mall, etcetera.  At Day Three I'm like... that's a lot of Dishes there and they won't do themselves Honey... and just walked off.  *Winks*  I heard the Water in the Sink running moments after that, he's good at getting a Strong Hint that my expectations are, just do it.  Coz if I stroll back thru and they're not done, Mama ain't gonna be Happy, and when Mama ain't Happy, ain't Nobody gonna be Happy... Right?  *Winks*  I don't complain about doing as much as I do, which is more than my Fair Share and he knows this about me.  I'm not Lazy, I'm not Idle, I'm Hyperactive due to the Adult ADHD and Manic Bipolar Mode I'm usually in, so I'm always a flurry of activity Doing something all of the time, if I'm not Blogging or Sleeping.  *Winks*




I've had numerous Family and Friends often tell me they get tired just watching me do stuff coz it just LOOKS exhausting and I never Stop.  *LOL*  I LIKE to keep busy, I don't know how people can Stand to do Nothing and be Idle or Still actually, to me that is torturous.  Even Blogging, I'm Typing Fast, Thinking Fast, pulling Photos out of Folders and Archives, so to the Family, it still looks like a lot of Work to produce a Post as often as I do and get it done in as little time as it takes me to do it.  I don't do anything for long, becoz I usually get everything I'm doing done in record time.  Slow Working and slow Moving folks annoy the Hell out of me and make me feel jittery and restless waiting on them.  I'm very impatient when someone isn't efficient and takes too long to do anything, moving at the Speed of Death in anything they're doing.  If you hesitate too long to make a decision, I'm thinking of how many decisions I could have already made before you make your first one!!!  *LOL*




And if you are so timid, weak, incompetent or afraid of making decisions that you almost can't make one unless by Committee, so you'd have plenty of other folks to blame if your decision is not a good one, I could just Bitch Slap you!   I feel you should never be in a Position of Authority if you can't Own your decisions and Stand by them with confidence!!!   And by not making a decision, you've actually made one to do nothing about something.  And those who do nothing about anything I've observed are usually the ones who are the harshest Critics about those who've done at least something.  And the biggest and loudest Complainers usually too, when they've made the least Contributions but have expectations of Receiving something for the nothing they've done. If you haven't Earned or Worked for a damned thing, just be Grateful if someone else did the Work so you'll have it freely Given.




It's a good thing I took loads of Pixs at the Event coz most taken with my Old School Camera were shitty, so only about half were worth Sharing.  The best Pixs I took were with my Phone and I don't do that often so as not to use up my Data and Photo Storage capacity.  It's part of why I also never use Apps on my Phone.  Anyway, que sera sera, at least I got some decent Images out of the many taken, but I was disappointed in my Photography this time around.  Next Month is the Halloween Themed Event and I better do a much more capable Job of it then!!!  That's my Favorite Themed Event, natch.  *Smiles*  I went out early to do Environmental Cleanup at Dust Devil Park near where The Grandchild Works.  Lotsa drinking goes on Friday Nights so tho' I didn't get there early enuf coz they'd already emptied about half the receptacles... I still got a lot that now won't be Landfill bound.   The New Young Guy Park Ranger, Angel, who replaced my Fav little Older Guy, didn't last long.  He's gone already, replaced by an Older Bald Middle Aged Hispanic Guy whose more efficient and much more pleasant.




This New Guy at least acknowledges Park Patrons... and in a friendlier manner, none of us much liked Angel.  *LOL*  He was Young, Lazy, and Arrogant, he acted like Park Patrons were Invisible and even if you Greeted him Warmly, he ignored you as if he was Deaf.  I don't think he WAS Deaf coz he'd sometimes have his Headset on listening to Music, so he was just Rude and Antisocial.  People at that Park are all Friendly and Greet one another, if you go there often they will even introduce themselves so you know their Name and they know yours.  One of the Regulars whose a Middle Aged Guy who Skateboards is Named Joel, he remembers my Name all the time.  I told him I have to think "Billy Joel" in order to remember his, coz I got Old Timers going on.  *LOL*




  He said that will do, coz being likened to one of his favorite Music Artists is flattering.  I joked, well, and you're better looking than Billy Joel too... coz this Joel is, he's a nice looking thin, tall, Middle-Aged White Guy who still enjoys Skateboarding for Fun, while he still can. *Ha ha ha*  After Middle Age it might be too risky to still do it?   Even Tony Hawk is getting to where mebbe he shouldn't anymore?  *Winks*  So many activities we used to do in our Youth, probably not such a good idea even at Middle Age, let alone once you're a Senior.  *Le Sigh and Smiles*   Anyway, Joel is a nice Guy and I just Hope one day not to have to come by the Skate Park section and see him splayed out to where I have to call Paramedics.  *Ha ha ha*  Sometimes there's another Middle Aged Guy with him, and they're talking about Skateboarding if they're not doing Tricks, but I haven't seen him as much recently.  Even Princess T's Friends and Boyfriend don't Skateboard as much now as when they were in High School.




I almost forgot I'd agreed to work a Night Shift Tomorrow at the Antique Mall, Sunday Nights are okay tho' and the comped Space Rent is always appreciated.  I think Friday was Payday and I'll have a Check to pick up too, also appreciated at EOM, I did okay last Pay Period and Sales were up and some quality Merch Sold that was more expensive.  This Pay Period started well but I don't wanna Jinx it by saying anything too Optimistic.  *LOL*  I have a lot of Pokemon Cards to still price and get in there, some of the more expensive Cards have Sold, the Pokemon People are really serious about their Collection.  And right now so many Sales at our location are Pokemon purchases.  And I've got all these Cards, but I've got to look each up coz I know nothing about what ones are worth more than other ones... it's labor intensive, but necessary.




********

That's all Folks... Dawn... The Bohemian
  

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your sales are still coming through! And that you got the man to help around the house. We all know how hard you work keeping it all together. I am enjoying all the photos from your event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed taking Pre-Holiday Photos now, all the Events and Shops are moving into the Autumnal Vibe and I Love that whole Atmosphere it imparts and am so ready for it after a Summer with 121 Degree type Heat and excessive Heat Warnings constantly. It's still 107 this day in September, so the Cool Down has not yet happened but at least it's not 116 or more every day now and every Degree lower Helps. Since I'm Blogging well into the Future, it won't hit for about a Fortnight still and Publish the Post of Details and such, but The Daughter's Boyfriend Mando got killed in a hit and run Vehicular Homicide on September 2nd while riding his Bicycle, and she had to Identify the Body by his Tattoos since he had no ID on him coz had just gone down to the Convenience Store near where they were helping an Elderly Friend. He never returned and was supposed to so she hopped on her Bike to make sure he was Okay, of coarse he was not and she came upon the Crime Scene and I got the Call from there. She was at least able to ID him for Police and give them info on how to contact his Family. So she's severely Traumatized by it of coarse. They are some of the most graphic of carnage, Vehicular Homicides, I worked those kinds of Cases for Years at the DA's Office. Some dumb kid in a Sports Car driving over 60 mph in the Dark on a Residential Rural Street with a 25 mph Speed Limit, Rural, poor Lighting and no Sidewalks... Luckily they caught the Guy coz he left the scene, there were Witnesses, one tried to do CPR but pretty sure Mando was killed instantly at that Speed... and the Kid's Mother did call Police, coz they lived close by and she saw the damage to the Car and knew her Son had killed someone and left the Scene. Whether just recklessly endangering or under the influence, that Kid is gonna do some serious Time, I doubt a Plea of Manslaughter would hold up when you're exceeding the Speed Limit by that much and Kill someone. Anyway, terrible news and she's a real Head Case about it... so we're trying to get her thru the Trauma and Grief, you can't Unsee something like that, especially Identifying a Victim you know, let alone any Victim of such a Crime.

      Delete
  2. You certainly have your hands full with the plant propagating, yardwork, and house project logistics after those storms. Good luck with the insurance claim and the roof repair—hopefully, the processing doesn't take too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, we just got confirmation this Afternoon that approved a full Roof Replacement at least, so, that is a relief. Tho' how long it will take to distribute Funds and deal with our Mortgage Company releasing Funds since they will be on the Checks, remains to be seen. It's all quite a Process and since this is our 1st Claim ever on our Home Hazard Insurance, it's all New to me and a Learning experience.

      Delete
  3. I have to wonder if people had skinny feet back in the older day. My mom shoe size 9AA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I Believe overall, that now there's so many Growth Hormones, Additives and Scientific altering of our Foods that it's making everything and everyone bigger than in the Past. Remember when there were really no Fat people, mebbe just one?

      Delete
  4. Dawn, I am reading the comments on my blog. I am so sorry about the devastating news about Mando. I am sure your daughter is very upset and my heart goes out to her and to his family. I know he was a difficult person but no one needed this to happen. My condolences to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, we wanted him to be Well and just be her Friend becoz the Relationship was not good and he was becoming more Unwell in his Behaviors, like I said, I really think perhaps his Bone Cancer had spread to his Brain. And, at least he didn't die more slowly of that, so it's really hard to not feel very conflicted about an instant Death by Homicide, but, nobody deserves such a violent and needless Death either. And the Family having that type of Trauma is beyond compare. If someone Dies of Natural Causes or Illness, there is time to process it usually, and even if sudden, it's not so violated as having someone take the Life of your Loved One.

      Delete
  5. So, I'm deaf. I can hear some things, like bass boosters, the kids who live upstairs running across the apartment, and the tones that some people speak at just fine. But other people I struggle to hear even with hearing aids on. Unfortunately, my son-in-law and my new step-grandchild fall into that category. But generally speaking anything that goes through a speaker up against my ear, I can hear somewhat well. So headphones are a good way to listen to music and my television. My air-pods 2 pro are FDA approved hearing aids. And that cheese cake looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom was Legally Deaf, caused by a Childhood Accident where she was run over by a Car and had severe Head and Facial Trauma from it. Her little Dress got caught up under the Vehicle and the Driver never stopped, people had to stop him and tell him he was dragging a Child under his Car!!! That was in the 1930's and most people didn't even have Cars, so he was Wealthy and never paid my Grandparents anything for her injuries. She had a General Practitioner come to my Grandparents Home in North Wales and stitch her up on the Kitchen Table by Lantern Light... it's a Wonder she had such good Healing, he must have been Masterful coz her scarring was minimal, but she lost all the Hearing in one Ear, partial Hearing in the other Ear. She could Read Lips well so never Learned Sign Language. I never realized how loud our Home was due to someone in it being Deaf. *LOL*

      Delete
  6. Just a note to let you know that I am thinking of you and especially your daughter. I hope she is managing to navigate the horror of Mando's tragic and unexpected death. I know what a difficult place you are holding, too.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a Death by Homicide is a particularly difficult one to Process, regardless of what Relationship you had or didn't have with the Victim. She and he were breaking up and she was done with the Relationship, it had become Toxic and Unsafe. But, they hadn't had a clean break and so our Family and her Friends felt very conflicted and quite a range of Emotions, both while he was Alive, and of coarse after that terrible tragedy. There is a Relief that she's Safer now and eternally it's over... so tho' my Heart aches for how he left this Earthly Coil in such a horrific and unjust way by being Killed so violently... and it's a lot to digest and process... and she may never get over having to Identify him in that condition... and he was dying of a horrible Disease and suffering a lot... there's just so many different conflicting Emotions to work thru. He will have to be Cremated due to the Condition of the Body, it was very traumatized by the high rate of speed impact that ended his Life.

      Delete
  7. It's hard to imagine Aloe Vera Plants as big as you're describing. Here, they are mostly grown on window sills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here they get enormous and thrive, they almost take over a space. I had several Banana Boxes full that I cut off and there's still a half Barrel of them growing Poolside still after all that trimming of them.

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl