Tuesday, November 1, 2011

La Procesion & Dia de los Muertos Celebration At The Gardens






















































































Won't you join us?  As we Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at the Desert Botanical Gardens and take part in La Procesion.  We'll listen to the Music of such Talented Musicians as Grupo Liberdade and Andres Martinez & Latin Rhythm.  We'll watch exhuberant Dances from Yollo Incauahtli Aztec Dancers & Primavera Folklorico Dance Company.  And enjoy Aztec & Dia de los Muertos Storytelling from Michael Heralda & Guerrero.  We will leave our Ofrendas on the Altars to Honor our Ancestors and Remember Loved Ones that have gone before us.

Then we'll eat Traditional Treats from La Purisima Bakery & drink fresh Horchatas as we Shop the Mercado filled with over 30 Artists offering us their Beautiful Creations.  If you want, Local Artists will paint your faces as Sugar Skull Guys & Gals... And at Sunset we'll join in on La Procesion with Los Calaqueros, Desert Dance Dragons and Los Calacotes... and lose ourselves Dancing & Marching to the rhythm & beat of the Music in the heady aromas of burning Incense as we wind through the Garden's Paths as a Community in Unity. 




I Hope you have had as much fun joining us Virtually as we had participating in this Celebration my Friends!?
Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian & the G-Kid Crew

5 comments:

  1. It looks like so much fun...I have found so many of my Mexican relatives over the last 10 years with my genealogy journey..I feel like I am finally finding myself with all the new info...I plan on a trip next Nov for a reunion so I am hoping to get to take part in Día de los Muertos ..Love all these pics...Thanks for sharing them!! maybe I will have some of my own to share next year!!! :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay,

    This is such a great party!
    I love those pictures...
    I have never seen this before...it looks
    great and wonderful!

    Thank you for sharing this with us...

    Love and happinesssss..
    Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great party! Spooky...
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Halloween!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your pictures,my very favorite holiday and time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great pics, love it, it´s funny to look at this, greetings from germany

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl