Saturday, May 28, 2011

Heavenly Harvests & Pink Saturday's 3rd Birthday!


I have SO enjoyed having my Veggie and Herb Gardens this Season...


I'm still a Novice but this year my results were much improved over last Season, which was my first attempt at a Victory Garden...


All of my Seeds were from the Dollar Store for a Dime a package... or free through the Mail from Gardening Magazine Ads... so the Investment was minimal this Season...


But the Pay-Off has been HUGE...


I've had such a bountiful Harvest already that I've enjoyed making Fresh Salads, Fresh Tabouleh, Fresh Pico De Gallo and Fresh Salsas daily...

And the G-Kids LOVE going out to Harvest just before the Meal what they're going to prepare and eat in moments, so Fresh and so Fragrant... and the taste... DIVINE!!!


Because there's just something about picking something fresh from the Garden that you nurtured and grew yourselves... and moments later using it in a meal... that makes it taste Heavenly and quite Special... and makes us fully appreciate God's abundant Gift of the Natural Foods we enjoy and which nourish us... so we truly enjoy our Heavenly Harvests.

And next Season I plan to do it on an even grander scale... 



And over at HOW SWEET THE SOUND they are having a huge Blog Party celebrating the 3rd Birthday of Pink Saturday!  So I wanted to show off some lovely Hot Pink and Pale Pink Cactus Blossoms... I adore Cactus Blossoms, they are so vivid and surreal looking and even the texture is waxy and incredible... hard to believe something this exotic blooms from plants that are so tough and live in such an unforgiving harsh climate!





Dawn... The Bohemian

11 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful, and I love seeing the fun mix of dishes you set your table with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very yummy! Love the pink plate served on.
    Then the beautiful ponk flowers catus.
    Visiting from Beverly's pink Saturday.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday Birthday !! Lovely cactus flower blossoms ! How nice to meet you. Please feel free to come on over and visit my blog http://laraslovelycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, The cactus blooms are so bright and cheerful! Happy Pink Saturday.

    I love that your grands get to help harvest the bounty from the garden! Sweet memories in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, Thank you for visiting and leaving such sweet and uplifting comments! Seeds at the dollar store?? Who knew? I grew up in a family that always had a huge garden. Lots of fresh veggies, canning, freezing, etc. There is something very wholesome about living that way. I adore those little enameled{?} pink plates you featured with your salad and that yummy looking spoon! So beautifully vintage...Have a wonderful weekend! Xo, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday Birthday !!Looks very yummy! Love the pink plate served on.
    Then the beautiful ponk flowers catus......I just loved the cactus flower blossoms ! How nice to meet you.
    I try to be follower in here but does not work!!Please feel free to come on over and visit my blog http://cyndiscrap.blogspot.com
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made me feel hungry, it all looks so delicious. Fresh from the garden, nothing could taste better.
    Smiles, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yummy salad is making me hungry! Love those pretty pink flowers, toO!

    Happy PS,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday ... what are the round white things in the salad? I thought marshmellows but I'm thinking I'm wrong. I love to find a cactus in bloom - those are great pinks in your plates too. Thanks! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely flowers and great food served on pink plates.

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl