Friday, March 25, 2011

How Can You Tell I'm Trying To Lose Weight Again?








How can you tell I'm trying to lose weight AGAIN?! Well, the biggest clue is that I tend to get obsessed with food... but in a good way. *LOL*  I start to really consider what I'm shoving into my mouth and why... and make better, informed, healthier, organic choices... and pay attention to portions.  Yeah, that last bit is a big one because I LOVE food, I really do, and thankfully until Menopause I was Blessed with a naturally slender body and I never had to deprive myself of loving food for about the first Fifty years.  That Blessing turned into somewhat of a double edged sword around age Fifty and beyond... and so for several years now I've battled weight related issues *le sigh* ... and because I'd never had to wage that war for so long, I wasn't very adept at fighting it or dealing with it effectively.  I feel as though I've fallen on the sword so to speak a few times!  Exercise I also love so I'm down with that part of the equation, no problemo...  I have and can still walk for MILES and do almost anything I could do in my Youth... only slower. *winks*  Yeah, moving at warp speed is somewhat a thing of the past but since I'm very ADHD slowing down has been a process, my Spirit is still apparently very youthful and my body battles with that fact sometimes! *LOL*  But I still love good flavorful food and now I have to be more careful with it, which sucks when you're a foodie.  Food isn't like most other addictions that you don't have to have and could totally give up and avoid, so having a love affair with it can be dicey and a constant problem... or so it has been for me the past few years.  I've had the victory of losing all the weight I had set a Goal to lose, only to gain it back again within the past year... darn... that wasn't supposed to happen... I thought Maintenance would be the easy part?!? I was wrong... it wasn't... and isn't... and so, yes, I'm trying to lose weight AGAIN and motivate myself with the fact that I know it is possible and I can... but I've got to definitely do something different when I attain my goals this time around.  Because the G-Kids have told me they want Gramma around for a very long time and they don't like it when I "walk old" or "act old"... i.e.: when I'm overweight and the effects of it are telling physically and emotionally. *LOL*  They get concerned because they don't actually think of me as old, which I suppose is a good thing... and so they think I can and should do just about anything, just like their Friend's Parents do... and since I'm raising them it is wise that I should take better care of myself because my Warranty can't expire and I'm expected to last for at least another 15 years or so 'til they're grown and move out *winks*... so wish me luck and weight loss my Friends... I don't know where I'm going quite yet but I'm on my way... Dawn... The Bohemian

5 comments:

  1. I can totally sympathise. After 50 it's hard to keep the weight off. I have been taking a Pilates class once a week but I need to do more. Good Luck, it's worth it to remain healthy, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also know that problem. Although all my life I had a ten pound weight problem. Thats not TOO BAD but it always haunted me... When I was 40 something I decided to give up my FAVORITE MEAL of the day, "DESSERT"!!! That was very hard for me BUT once I announced it I was OK! I am 56 now and don't gain any weight. I DO eat fruit and don't deprive myself of anything else...and this works for me... I NEVER liked candy or snacks SO they would never be a problem to me...
    "Good Luck to you",
    and GIANT Supportive HUGS to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck my friend..not easy to do..I have always been 107 lbs..don't hate me!! and I try and gain weight because of my health problems..Hope you have a GREAT weekend on your side of the mountain my friend..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn I can so relate! I was always a skinny person size 2 until my 40's and then she-bang!It got harder and harder. I go into phases of running. I'll be super good for a couple of years lose all the weight then sit on my bum for awhile before going back to running. I found out that you're better off not yoyo-ing like that and just staying chunky!...so now I'm just sitting on my bum. I relly need to at least do some form of moderate exercise. Maybe you'll inspire me *winks* Your dinner looks delish! Vanna

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl