Saturday, November 4, 2017

My New Cajitas {Nichos} For The Home Altar











Today I attended the Dia de los Muertos Celebration at The Desert Botanical Gardens, I have so much to Blog about and so many Images to Share of the Event that I will break it up into several Posts for your Enjoyment.  Today's Post focuses upon the Amazing Spiritual Art Cajitas {Nichos} Created by the extremely Talented Father Jorge Rodriguez Eagar, two of which I purchased for our Home Altar.   This is a Devotional Art form of Iconography conveying the deep religiosity in Mexican Culture.   A Shrine Box in the Home intentionally Creates a Sacred Space where ever you place it to have your transcendental encounters.  It was such a pleasure to meet and talk with Father Eagar and to behold his Wonderful Creations, it was so hard to just choose two favorites, I fell in Love with them all!

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

3 comments:

  1. those are wonderful! I would have a hard time choosing as well! Looking forward to your photos of the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the customs of this reverent celebration, and glad to see that it's really catching on in main-stream society. There is a special spiritual feeling to this time of year. Although I've not found a place around me where it is celebrated like you are fortunate to be near.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so interesting, I'm so thankful you share these posts with such honesty and sincerity. Blessings, Back!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl