Sunday, August 13, 2017

All You Need Is Love



I don't want to sound overly simplistic or trite, but in the wake of all the recent Hate mongering going on in our Nation the lyrics of The Beatles song "All You Need Is Love" came instantly to Mind.  The Song itself kept looping thru my Head as I watched in horror the News coverage of the most recent contemptible events unfolding before my eyes.




Hate sickens me at a deeply Spiritual level because it's such a Negative Strong Emotion and not of God, but in reality we all at least say sometimes that we Hate something particular.  I'm glad that whenever I use the word off the cuff, my Eleven year old Grand-Daughter quickly reminds me... Hate is a very strong word Gramma.   True that, it is, no matter what we're describing to attempt to justify it.




I can say for example that I Hate something very Negative or Evil, but that only then makes it a double Negative, doesn't it?  Actually feeding into it and adding fuel to the fire.  Me Hating just brings me to that same low level of Negative Energy, me Loving however elevates me to a higher level of Positive Energy to combat the Hate and the Evil.




But to see so much Hate in Action, being played out violently, well, it does make it difficult to contemplate Loving ways to Deal with it effectively, to Resist it so that Love prevails.  To not Deal in a retaliatory way that would be just as Negative and hurtful.  I have to Wonder, what incited such Hate in the Hearts of some Human Beings that it spills out against others?   I think in part it could be that they do see some as actually Being "Others"?




Some Hate is taught, passed down from generation to generation like a virus that infects the very Soul of a Family or group of people that unify in Hateful ways.   In that unity of Purpose, no matter how Negative or Evil, they find strength, solidarity and perhaps even justification of what they do or say for their Cause.  Not every Cause has everyone's best interests at Heart, or a Nation's.




Throughout History many Shameful atrocities have been committed for the sake of a Cause, let us be reminded that those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it.  After watching the horrific News coverage of all the Hate spilled out into our streets I turned the channel and was met with the evidence of Love in Action.  Of the Human Spirit not being corrupted and infected by Hate and extreme persecution, choosing to Love instead and be Triumphant. 




 An elderly Holocaust Survivor was being interviewed and her Testimony was infused with how unadulterated Love was a common thread of those who Survived the atrocities committed against them!  Choosing Love, focusing upon all that could be Positive and knowing the choice was theirs sustained them.  Certainly what she went through, who she lost through it and how unimaginable it all was, just because of who she was, could have incited deep Hatred instead... it didn't, so she was indeed Triumphant!




I was struck with how she said during the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto the hidden Books and Poetry was Needed more than Bread.  Yes, people were starving physically, but she said the Poetry and words of Hope preserved in their Sacred Texts was Needed MORE during those dire times and in the times later in the extermination Camps.  It was a Capital Crime punishable by Death to be caught with a Book, so it was a great risk, one they all felt worth taking!




How Positive and Loving this Sweet Woman was still, clearly it was a part of her Being and taught to her by Loving Role Models.  Well, it made an impact upon me of how weathering great adversity should be Modeled.  Love extended, even to those not worthy of being recipients of it, is indeed a Godly Virtue.  I don't know that I could have or would have been able to match the unadulterated Love of that Courageous Woman?!  I would like to imagine I could try hard to though!




Because it Shaped her as a Human Being in ways that Hatred just never could.  A Hate filled Human Being is just so pitiful, tragic, so unlovely and so repulsive to most, except maybe another Hate filled Human Being that commiserates.  Hate might fuel Action for a common Cause but it never has an outcome that is admirable or even sustainable.  Hate needs to be fed constantly like a ravenous insatiable Beast within, Love just needs expression in the Giving away of it freely.




I'd much rather choose Love, have Love and Give Love away than harbor Hate,  have to feed it constantly and have it end up consuming me with it's insatiable hunger.  I have never personally felt Good about hurting anyone, whether unintentionally or not.  Those that do feel Good about hurting another are clearly Tortured Souls themselves, probably with deep gaping wounds that have allowed such infection to set in and to fester, to end up being so toxic. 




I am not certain I have the Sage Wisdom to presume to know how to Heal the Hate that is harbored in the Hearts of those that express it so openly and savagely?  Or especially Heal those that harbor it Secretly so that nobody really knows it's even festering within them?  All I do know is that to Hate them back is clearly not the answer, it's just fueling reciprocal Hatred and then there is no Triumph in that outcome whatsoever.  Love doesn't prevail with Hatred smacking up against and trying to conquer Hatred, everybody loses.




And so my best advice would be that each of us expresses as much Pure unadulterated Love outward into the Universe as we possibly can muster.  Even in the midst of such Chaos, such Turmoil, such Hatred, such Conflict, such a lack of Unity as a Nation.  A Nation that was designed with the Admirable Intention of being One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for ALL!   Wow, wouldn't it be Wonderful and a slice of Heaven on Earth if we could actually attain that Utopia Imagined and Intended for us ALL?


"All You Need Is Love" ~ The Beatles
(Love, love, love)
(Love, love, love)
(Love, love, love)

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

There's nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy

All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

(Love, love, love)
(Love, love, love)
(Love, love, love)

All you need is love
All you need is love

All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

There's nothing you can know that isn't known
Nothing you can see that isn't shown
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
It's easy

All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

All you need is love, all together now
All you need is love, everybody
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need



*******

Blessings and Love extended outward from the Arizona Desert... because it simply MUST start somewhere so let it Begin with ME.  Hate can only be effectively Resisted by the stronger and more Powerful Emotion of LOVE of that I am Certain ... Dawn... The Bohemian

4 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful, well written post, and I so agree with you. I am in the midst of writing something myself about the horror in Charlottesville, but I need a little more time and space before I can even find the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the words will come, from your Heart. I'll be eager to have you Share the Story of that Post as I am certain it will Inspire.

      Delete
  2. This is a timely post in a world run by hate and destruction. Love is always the answer. The ability to forgive and love in spite of the tragedy is truly a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in complete agreement with that sentiment Susan, in fact, to me the presence of Hatred is clearly the absence of God.

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl