Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Seriously Guys



So the Plumber finally arrives Today for the re-scheduled appointment, that had been kicked back another three hours Today, and the house actually stayed tidy and clean since Monday Morning, imagine that!  *Gasp!*  Having said that, why is it that as someone arrives, especially someone you've never seen before in your Life, everything seems to break loose into pandemonium when you are a Caregiver!?!  So now the constant distractions begin by those you're Caring for, because they know you're trying to handle something else that is important?!?   I should know this by now but I always hold out Hope that things will remain Serene and The G-Kid Force along with The Man will not make it appear like we live in a Lunatic Asylum and I'll be able to Focus upon handling what it is I Need to?!  *Winks*




So...The Grandchildren Of The Corn here suddenly decide to take the opportunity, as I'm tied up with showing the Plumber around to everything that has water running to it, to torment each other and start a Wrestling match Upstairs!   Thump-Thump, Bang-Bang, Crashing, Tears and Drama suddenly erupt.  Okay, so am I gonna have to go Mental on them in front of this Guy?  Said Guy is staring up at the Ceiling, probably wondering WHAT Beasts I've got up there making all that ruckus?!  I saunter up there, give them The Look, which they know all too well, that I'm not Playing... Cease and Desist IMMEDIATELY... because, Seriously Guys... this is NOT the time to Test me!  *Winks*




Oh, and The Man, whose been Moody, cantankerous and argumentative for some unfathomable reason all Morning, well, suddenly he's sequestered himself in our Bedroom.  Stubbornly refusing to come out and even talk to Plumber Guy and sitting in a Chair in there looking totally annoyed at the World.   Guess I'm handling this one Solo, Splendid.   I explain to Plumber Guy that my Husband has Brain Damage, after he unsuccessfully tries to offer a Friendly Greeting to The Man on his way into our Master Bathroom to check the Plumbing in there.  The Man doesn't answer, he just glares at both of us angrily... ah, we're clearly NOT having a Good or Sociable Day are we?  *Le Sigh*  So I give The Man the Stern Stink-Eye too as a strong hint to... Lighten Up!  




Reluctantly he ventures out of the Bedroom in a more Agreeable Mood, clearly my Countenance was now such that he realized he and the Kiddos were on thin ice, since I'm already Dealing with some bad news Plumbing Issues in a New Home I've owned just two years!?  *Le Sigh*   Why is it that they build New Homes like crap, even the Luxury Homes, don't they even know how to build anything to last a minute nowadays?  I didn't have this many replacement Plumbing Issues in our Historic Home that was over a Century Old for Heavens Sake!!!   It's probably the Hard Water out here the Plumber sympathizes, it's some of the worst in the Country. 




 He's probably right, the Old House had one of the deeper Wells they dug back at the turn of the Century so the Water WAS much better than the heavy mineral deposits the Water out here has in New Subdivision Hell!   You should eventually install a Water Softener he suggests... another major expense... Well, not Today buddy... this is already costing me more than I expected!  As we're replacing things in two Toilets that keep running and have jacked up the water bill, so can't be jury rigged anymore!  




 The Man used to be able to do most minor Home Repairs and Replacements like that, in the Past he was very DIY, but with TBI, he can't anymore.  So it is what it is and I'm not a Home Repairs Guru Gramma either... it's not my particular Skill set, so now we gotta Hire the Help.  Hiring Help is always spendy, but I Negotiated my ass off with Plumber Guy... that IS a Skill Set of mine... good intensive Gypsy Haggling!  *Winks*   So I got the Estimate cut in half in order to afford it Today, at the end of the Month when you're most broke... I was tenacious. 






 Given his meeting with those I am Caregiver of, I think a certain amount of Sympathies were also extended.  Apparently Plumber Guy's Elderly Mom is helping raise some of her Grandkids too, EIGHT of them {Yikes and God Bless her!}... and Plumber Guy is a Single Parent for the past Decade of two Kiddos about the exact Ages of my Grands I'm raising... Quelle Chance!!!   I Love when Happy Coincidences happen to grant me Favor!   So now the two Downstairs Toilets are fixed, the Maintenance Check for everything else went Fine and the Hot Water Heater is flushed and Fine too... Whew, guess it couldda been worse news, right?!!




The G-Kid Force, now they don't have an Audience, have settled down... having anyone New in the Home tends to wind them up tighter than a couple of seven day Clocks!  Since Plumber Guy is also raising a Prepubescent Girl and a Teen Boy we did trade some Parenting Stories about the best leverage tactics to gain the Upper Hand in Single Parenting!  *Smiles*   I've done the Single Parenting thing off and on for numerous Years, before I Married The Man and then again after Marrying him, during his numerous Military deployments while you hold things down and keep it together while they're away Serving our Country.





  And of coarse now that The Man has the Traumatic Brain Injury I shall have to get The G-Kid Force raised as if I'm a Single Parent... and had to Adopt them as a Single Parent, since he was ineligible for being an Adoptive Parent due to his extent of Disability.  So I had Sympathies for Single Parent Plumber Guy too... it's a tough job Single Parenting, even if your Kiddos are Normal and Healthy.  




And I know this is going to sound totally Sexist, and I don't mean to Offend anyone, but I would Imagine a Single Dad might be more Clueless about Parenting without a Woman's Touch and Influence involved in the Home, especially with raising Daughters?   This Young Man has done it for a Decade already, I could tell it meant something to him to Share his Experience with me and have someone Understand the particular Challenges, props to him for being a Good Dad and rising to the Challenge! 




With the abundance of Deadbeat Dads out there in Life, it's very refreshing to find a Young Dad taking his Role very seriously and taking total responsibility for his Children, even if it means having to Raise them alone.  He was quite a Handsome Young Man, so I suspect he could easily find a Girlfriend, but I suspect, after talking with him, that his Kiddos are his Priority and he puts them first.   He talked of his Mother-In-Law helping out a lot with expenses and Child Care, I didn't ask, but I got the sense the Mother of the Children isn't around at all anymore, perhaps she died or is a Deadbeat Mom, I dunno.   But it's Wonderful he has an Excellent Maternal Gramma willing to help out, since his own Mom is helping with Raising Eight of her Grands already so I'm sure he doesn't want to dump more on that Poor Woman!?!




When people voluntarily Share their very Personal, and often Touching Stories with me, off the cuff, I do feel very Honored that they feel comfortable enough divulging it, especially if I'm a complete Stranger to them.  I've just always been the type of person people Open Up to and I don't know why?   But I also suspect so many folks don't have a wealth of Inner Circle Network to Share their Struggles and Challenges with too... and that makes me Sad.   Too many people are enduring and sometimes even suffering in Silence and nobody much knows... or worse, nobody much Cares or gets Involved.




Yeah, some might Know Of that individual who is struggling with a Life Issue such as Single Parenting, Caregiving, Chronic Illness, Disability, Aging, Death in the Family, Unemployment or whatever other obstacles Life throws at them... but few get Invested or Involved, like in the Old Days, when folks looked out for each other and had closer Community ties.   So I always try at least to be an Encouragement for anyone who maybe doesn't Feel Heard and may be Silently struggling, otherwise, and Needs to Share their Experience with someone who will Listen and Hear them, even if with a complete Stranger like me.




So yeah, Plumber Guy showed up as a Complete Stranger, and left as someone I knew way more about than I expected to... and that Connection was very Nice I think for us both for a Moment in Time.   And he did a good job and cut me a really appreciated break so I could afford to fix some of the problems we're having at the end of the Month, when finances are the most stretched to capacity.   That's when shit happens to need fixing, right, when you can least afford the outlay?!  *Le Sigh*




And Yes, while we had the brief interlude of Instructions not to use the Water or the Toilets while he was making repairs, EVERYONE in the household suddenly Needed to use the Bathroom Urgently!   Seriously Guys... you can't hold it just a little while, as he gets this done?!?   Coz that's when those kinds of things happen too, right, when you have to tell them they can't do something so now they desperately think they suddenly Need to!?!   *Winks*   But nobody couldn't REALLY wait, so it was all Good... ha ha ha.




Because I swear to God, if anyone had crapped or pissed their pants during that brief interlude of not being able to be using the Toilets, I might have gone just a bit Mental... a teensy bit perhaps?!?   *LMAO*   And now it's time to Feed them, since they're all acting as if waiting until past 3:00 p.m. when the Plumber finally left, for a belated Lunch, would somehow cause them all to fall faint and starve nearly to Death!!!   *Smiles*   Yeah, I really Need this belated Vacay to Cali that I keep having to re-save up for again and again in between Crisis that wipe out my Vacay Fund... dammit!!!




*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

2 comments:

  1. It is always nice to talk to someone who has similar problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! What you have to put up with is more than most could handle! You are my HERO! God Bless You and Yours!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl