Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Faded Memories



Sometimes when I look back thru my Photo Archives the Memories are so faded as to be virtually forgotten over Time.  And yet some very Old Memories are still quite fresh by comparison, even if what was captured was so long ago one would think it would have been a more faded Memory.   What makes some things stand out so as not to be forgotten... and others fade into oblivion?




I'm not even talking about important Milestone Moments, that would make sense that they would stand out and not easily be forgotten.  I'm talking about those insignificant things, that for whatever reason, are seared into Memory quite poignantly.  While others just fade away, never really to be remembered until perhaps an Image prompts a recollection, however vague.




There are places I recall more vividly, no matter how much time has passed... and other places that I can barely recall at all.   The same with people... and with things... and with Moments.   Some are unforgettable for whatever reason... and others just are so forgotten that even looking back in Images, I just can't recall that person, that place, that thing, that Moment frozen in Time and now erased apparently from my Memory Banks.




It is interesting to me what I tend to remember vividly and what I've apparently found to be unforgettable enough to always remember it no matter how much Time has passed.   And equally interesting as to what has just become a blank, apparently not significant enough to be stored away to come back to Memory.  Even more interesting what Friends and Family vividly remember that I don't... because for them, it was somehow unforgettable.




We just never know who, what, where will impact us in such a way as to be remembered... or forgotten as Time marches on.    And those faded Memories, well, it doesn't bother me much that they slipped my Mind, I don't expect to remember everything, every detail, everyone... forever.   But because as I'm getting Older I'm becoming more forgetful, I've been intentionally practicing my Remembering just to exercise the ability.




And I can dredge some long forgotten stuff up without even a visual prompting and it's so random what I do recall and what I can't recall at all.   But the Photo Archives do help the Process of recollection... oh, yeah, Wow, I forgot about that.   Sometimes I even see it now thru a completely different perspective and filter than back then.




Especially with my Photography... I have a Method to know which ones I've already Shared and which I haven't.   And sometimes I do Wonder, why didn't I Share that one, I rather Like it?   Did I just forget it was there and move on... or didn't I Like it so much back then?   Because after all, things I used to Like in the Past I don't necessarily still Like and things I didn't Like I now do.  This is why I can't always be counted on to Like something Forever, it's just too long and I can definitely fall in and out of Like.  




But there are the abiding Likes and Loves, things I suspect I won't fall out of Love or Like with... and that can be quite random too sometimes.   My Attachments can be very random, so can my Detachments.   Sometimes I'm even Surprised at what or who I am finding myself so easily detaching from or so strongly attached to.   Do you find that to be the case also?   In this Season of Life I'm becoming more detached than attached, part of the Aging Process I guess?




A lot just doesn't matter so much to me anymore and priorities have definitely shifted.   I'm embracing that wholeheartedly as a Good thing actually, having less matter so much has been quite liberating and Calming.   If it doesn't matter anymore then you don't have to Invest so much of yourself into it, whatever "it" is.   Being Vested in too many things is tiring and can be consuming, so liberating myself from being so Vested is freeing and more restful.




Now if something doesn't work out I often just move forward quickly and without wasting any time or energy upon it anymore and without giving it any further thought.   It becomes one of those faded Memories very fast because it just doesn't matter enough to categorize and store in my Mind.   That does Free your Mind in many ways, not having so much on your Mind.  Perhaps even my Mind storage was used up and I had to dump some Data to make room for new Data, and what is still Important or relevant, I dunno?  *LOL*




I know that if something or someone is no longer relevant then I just don't hold onto the thoughts, good or bad, and not thinking about any of it is just Fine.   I've also been practicing a lot of Mindfulness as well, living in THIS Moment and not giving much thought to Past Moments or what could be Future Moments... and that's working out quite well too.   Living fully in this Moment really helps your range of Emotion stay in check and actually remain more Balanced and mostly Positive.




And even if during this Moment you are having to Deal with and confront something unpleasant, being Mindful also helps you not to relate it to any Past Event nor instill any Fear about it as it could relate to the Future.   Right here, right now, I can usually handle most things as they come if I have to and when I have to.   And the majority of the time, things have a way of working out some kinda way... and in hindsight, not being scattered always was best for a desirable outcome.




And in this Post I'm Sharing some Images from Archived folders that had become faded Memories of what I chose to capture thru the Eye of my Lens and just never used or Shared... until now.   Strange, because Today... I rather Like all of them and found them worthy enough to be Blog Fodder for a Post.  Some go way, way back to an incredibly long time ago.   Why were they forgotten or discarded, who knows... I certainly don't!  *Smiles*  But Today, we'll Enjoy the belated Share of them since they're now relevant to the Topic of the Post and mebbe were just waiting for it?




*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian 



2 comments:

  1. Thoughtful musing on memory. I enjoyed reading this. And, as always, love the photos. You have an eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Obsessed by Details my Friend, which is why Photographing the Close-Up is something I Enjoy most. Glad you enjoyed my musings on Memory... it's been a rather boring and lonely Summer out here in the Rural Burbs of Subdivision Hell so I've had plenty of spare time for random musings of trifles. *Ha ha ha* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl