Friday, June 30, 2017

Activating The Laws Of Attraction



I've said it before, I'm a firm Believer in The Laws Of Attraction, I Activate them whenever I REALLY Need or Want something and I'm always quite Amazed, even after all these years of Witnessing powerful Testimonies that it Works, of how QUICKLY it Works for me personally!   After Celebrating The Son's 31st Birthday I didn't want to languish in Rush Hour Traffic on the long commute Home to the Far West Side from the Far East Side, so I took a detour to a Fav Antique Mall near his Home, MERCHANT SQUARE.




I wasn't looking for anything in particular, in fact I wasn't looking for anything at all, I was biding time until Rush Hour traffic subsided some and I wouldn't be gridlocked on a Freeway in 110 degree heat for hours.  But I did want to visit a couple of my Fav Vendors, one of which is a Friend of mine and always has The Good Stuff and Merchandised so Beautifully to Showcase it well, OFF THE DIRT ROAD.  Her Dear Hubby is also a Disabled Veteran and Creates many of the Architectural Salvage re-purposed into Cool Household Decor, such as the Fab Coat Racks Created from Salvaged Vintage Cupboard Doors and embellished with Victorian Ceiling Tin Hearts.




My Eyes were instantly drawn to that Sweet Vintage Suitcase on top with the thick Stripes and Alligator Trimming... it was a Bargain so it HAD to come Home with me to join my Vintage Striped Suitcase Collection.  *Smiles*   But I digress, The Laws Of Attraction had already been Activated just a day beforehand and would already be coming full circle quite soon, much to my Amazement and a few Booths over.   Culminating The Laws Of Attraction in a mere 24-48 hours is not at all Uncommon for me, but it still Amazes me since what I Want or Need can be so Specifically Random and highly Unusual!!!




So let us briefly rewind to the day before... when I picked up this set of Locker Basket Shelves with a trio of Locker Baskets each at 'Hobby Lobby' for 66% Off, making them ridiculously Cheap... and I can never resist ridiculously Cheap.  Don't Judge, I'm no Purist and Yes, sometimes I Find great Knock-Off stuff Cheap at the HL and am not above Scoring it, so there!  *LOL*  These were also light enuf for Yours Truly to schlep Upstairs to the Studio Loft for additional Storage.  For just over Forty bucks each, well, that's just slightly more than the Cost of one Vintage Locker Basket nowadays, which are in short supply and getting too spendy for my liking and Budget.  Luckily I already have a slew of Vintage Locker Baskets bought when you could get them well under Twenty bucks each.  However, these had no Locker Tags and I SO Wished they did... so I lamented and unconsciously murmured that out loud.  Too bad they don't have numerical Locker Tags, thus Activating The Laws Of Attraction even tho' I hadn't Intentionally meant to!!!




So there I am a day later wandering around 'The Square' and enter a Booth I like that always has Cool Salvaged Smalls I Enjoy rummaging thru... and what do I Find, much to my Amazement and Delight... Yep, Vintage Numerical Locker Tags... and Cheap!!!   Insert a little Happy Dance and fluttering of my Heart as my Pulse sped up in the Rush it often does whilst Junquing and accidentally stumbling upon something I Needed, Wanted and wasn't even Looking for at the time!!!   As the Heaven's Parted and Angelic Hosts descended I realized there was not just one... or even just the six I Needed for the HL Project... there was the Motherlode of them!!!




One random enormous one #157 and a Dozen of the size I Wanted and Needed with some Cool Numbers on them.   I am 'Into' Numerology so Yes, there are some Numbers Cooler than others or particularly significant to me.   I have a Showroom that is #114 so that was a Cool coincidental Locker Tag Number to Score... and I was particularly Jazzed to get a #111, #166 and #177 as well as a bunch of other numbers including a #7 in them, which is my Favorite Number.   And not a lot of other #4's since I don't like that Number and have an aversion to it, don't ask, I just do.   *Smiles*   As you can see I also picked up a couple of equally Cheap Old Skeleton Keys with Shapely Tops... Love me some Old Keys! 




So Yes, I was very Greedy and because they were so Cheap I bought every Numerical Vintage Locker Tag I could find in the Booth's Stash of Delightful Smalls and Hoarded them all up!  *Winks*   I know I have some Vintage Lockers missing their Tags too so that will now be remedied.  With some left over for any other Projects to complete Vintage Wire Basket Tagging in the Future.   And of coarse now completing the HL Locker basket half dozen also being labeled with Tags so Color me Happy and in Awe of The Laws Of Attraction Working so Quickly once again on my behalf!!!   Thank You Universe for sending me what I Want and Need so efficiently and generously!




I also found a Dozen Gift Bags with Old Timey Catalog Graphics for less than Two bucks!   Gift Bags always come in handy and these are unisex and so Cute, just my Style and an Ideal size for presenting mid-sized Gifts to Family and Friends!   Sometimes we utilize Graphics like this for Christmas too if we have a Salvage Style Christmas Tree festooned with Old Treasures we've Salvaged over the Years.   And of coarse Sepia is my absolute Fav Neutral Non-Color... my Home has many of the shades of Aged Hues reminiscent of Old Photographs, it creates a very Soothing Atmosphere.




So ya wanna take a peek inside my new Vintage Suitcase?   A Lovely Shade of Slate Grey Satin and in remarkable condition and no musty smells.   The Alligator Leather handle is still very sturdy and tho' the Suitcase has clearly been well Traveled, it is in very Good Shape for it's Age.   It too was very Cheap because it's little clasps that shut it don't always Hold securely on one side.  No problem since it will be in a Storage Tower of Old Suitcases, so it won't matter because it will be lying flat all the time now and will serve it's Purpose of Storing Treasures out of sight... Stylishly and Cheaply... Booyah! 




I had a very Enjoyable time, after Scoring my random Treasures, just browsing the Mall and especially the Booths of the people I know, who always have the best stuff.  I know, I'm totally biased that way but it's True, my Friends are Kindred Spirits and so Naturally I think they have the best stuff!  *Smiles*  The gravitational pull to those with a similar Aesthetic is just strong that way, I know you understand because I'm quite certain you Feel it too?!?  My Friends always Source the same types of Treasures that make my own Pulse race when I'm out Junquing.   So I know if I can't find it, they probably will, it's a Win-Win!




I'm really in a Galvanized Tin Phase right now, I've always Owned some since it's so Utilitarian, Sturdy and lasts Forever, but for Decorating lately I'm finding many more Uses for it than ever before.   I have more Vintage European Olive Buckets in various sizes than any Sane Woman outside of an Olive Orchard producing Commercial Olive Oil should probably Own!  *Winks*   Along with a few Knock-Off versions of Olive Buckets that were Sweet, unusual sizes and Cheap... and Yes from the HL too.   But a lot of little Boutiques are now carrying mass produced versions of Cool Vintage items, so if you can't Score any of The Real Deal or it's outside of your Budget, well, at least you now have Options.




This was a little over the top, but I like the Idea behind covering a beat up Dress Form with Old Laces and Trims.   The more Modern Dress Forms don't look nearly so Attractive to me when they're beat up from Use than the Vintage or Antique ones with the Glorious Patina of Age and just a different Look when they've seen a lot of wear and tear.   It's funny how that is, but some things look better with wear and tear or Age, while others just don't IMO.  It's totally subjective I know... and I'd of done the Form differently if I'd been embellishing it with Vintage Fabrics, Trims and Lace, but I could Appreciate the Idea of it.




So anyway, by the time traffic had subsided I'd had a relaxing time browsing the Antique Mall and then I also did a bit of real Junquing of my own.   Which turned up a wealth of Old Crystal Chandie parts, a Vintage Globe and an 11" Vintage 1960's Vinyl Egee Baby Doll wearing a diaper, but not much else in the way of Inventory for the Showrooms.  Tho' I did Score big on getting Princess T's favorite Designer Label Clothing and a Backpack of the same Label, which was WAY Cheaper than paying Retail for it all at the 'Justice' Shops!  *Smiles*   Oh, and a Nurse Barbie with two Babies in their Neonatal Beds still in it's Box, never opened, for only Four bucks.  Which was all given as 'payment' to her for Babysitting Grandpa while I took her Uncle out for his Birthday.   Yes, she assumes she's in Charge during my absence and the Guys are under her Dominion and Iron Fist Rule. *Smiles*

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

2 comments:

  1. What a great day out! Super finds too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Some of those finds are amazing!
    I love the suitcase. Beautiful and practical.
    Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl