Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Which Rabbit Hole Do You Want To Fall Down?



I was going to write a Political Post and I decided not to, at least not too Political... because this Hot Political Mess after the Crazy Election is something that daily I try really hard NOT to have to think about.   But it did get me to thinking, of which Rabbit Hole do you want to fall down?   And which Rabbit Hole you would avoid falling down at all costs?  I mean a certain level of insanity might be tolerable, perhaps even interesting or entertaining in a Weird kinda way, if you're into that.   But then there's that fine line of where it's just TOO crazy and surreal to endure very long and becomes horrifying.  I feel we've crossed that fine line as a Country... as we've all been pushed down this Rabbit Hole playing out in real time.  The more surreal it gets the more I am alarmed and want to crawl out to Safety, Sanity and a semblance of Normal again!  If we can remember what Normal and Sane even is anymore?!?




I remember the first time I read Alice In Wonderland as required Reading... and it seemed Fun because it was so nonsensical, insane and peculiar.   But then I mused, what IF YOU were REALLY there, in real time trying to make sense of it all and survive it?   A lot of Fiction is like that, entertaining and because it's pure Fiction, you can just rest in the knowledge, nothing like that can really happen... or could it?  And besides, you're a spectator and not an unwilling participant when you're reading Fictional story lines, you are unlikely to be affected by it or infected by it.  You won't have to hope there is an antidote for any kind of Poison being spread around the population.   Ah, the population... Yes, a mixed bag that is... you might not even realize how mixed up until Weird shit gets revealed about individuals or even groups of individuals that are like minded!





As divisive as things have become after the great fall down this post election Rabbit Hole I realized that I had no idea how many things weren't previously revealed about portions of the population at large!   I mean I thought I knew people, I thought I had a handle on the Social climate of America in general, I didn't think much could shock me anymore.  I was wrong, it has been shocking, it has been revealing, it has been revolting!  I Confess I didn't know a lot of things I thought I knew about people and the Social climate of my own Country!   I didn't realize how much Anger, how much Hatred, how much Insanity was very much alive... and all around us apparently, sometimes in disguise, until now!!!  And the willingness to support and back it, well... WOW!   I'm at a loss for adequate words so a WOW will have to suffice since it took me off guard!





I've got my own Weird and Crazy going on down my own Rabbit Hole, so I am used to enduring Weird and Crazy.  But imposed Weird that is just, well, TOO WEIRD and TOO CRAZY has me stepping off.   There have been a lot of Presidents I didn't like, or support, but I could just still manage to not think about them very much as they served their term.  I could go about my Life relatively uninterrupted by their leadership, or lack thereof.   I LIKED that part of it, not having things day to day just play out in such a way that I didn't dare to turn on the News because it's all just too horrifying and insane!  Because I just couldn't stomach any more of it and they weren't in it... daily... and in a BAD, surreal way that leaves me incredulous!  Like we're all forced to be at some truly Mad Tea Party with a lunatic at the helm Hosting it and acting like it's not completely Nuts in all it's Madness! 

   


Even Lewis Carroll's fertile Imagination wasn't this bizarre, though many of his Quotes come to mind daily now as I watch the shitshow unfolding.  Such as, "If you don't know where you are going any road will take you there."  And here is probably the best one as to how I feel now in general population:

Alice tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Cheshire Cat said, waving it's right paw around, "lives a Hatter... and in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a March Hare. Visit either you like, they're both Mad."
"But I don't want to go among Mad people!",  Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "we're all Mad here.  I'm Mad.  You're Mad."
"How do you know I'm Mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here!"



*******

In the midst of Madness as our Country continues a free fall down a very Bad Rabbit Hole I'd rather not have been pushed down, but Thank God still able to Believe the simplest True things!!! ... Dawn... The Bohemian



3 comments:

  1. We live in strange times and the rabbit hole gets deeper every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear you...loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are wondering what the heck we have got to here in England too. Some kind of madness was in the air in 2016.

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl