Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My Dreadlocked Gramma



So, to embrace Life Changes, all of them whether voluntary or not, I got my Dreadlocks on Sunday, Symbolic of Change in general.   Thanks going out to my Stylist, Ginger, at REBEL HAIR SALON & VINTAGE in Downtown Phoenix, who spent 8 hours Dreading my hair with a Smile on her face and a Pleasant Attitude, she is indeed the Dread Master and such a Sweet Girl!!!   So last pix above of my high maintenance, thinning, long, straight hair that was being negatively affected by my Diabetic Meds.  Hello to my Dreadlocks Journey, I'm Loving them and of coarse spent Today putting in Accessories of Dread Jewelry Cuffs!  *Of coarse! Winks*   And No, I didn't acquire a Tan too... the first Image is simply washed out and Pale due to florescent lighting, my Natural Complexion is the bottom Image.  *LOL*   The Young Prince and The Man liked them... Princess T is still getting used to her Dreadlocked Gramma and touching them {Her comment was Ewww they feel Weird!  LMAO}... as well as counting how many I have, a shade under 50 Dreads!  *Smiles*  We went with the smaller numerous thin Dreads due to me not having luxurious thick locks to work with and it will more evenly distribute weight as they grow and dry quicker when washed.   Yes, you DO wash them, just in case you were wondering.  *LMAO... Yes, people actually ask such questions!*  Actually got numerous random compliments on my hair Today while taking The Man to the VA Hospital for treatment in the City... that never happened with my previous hair... it felt Good.

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian


2 comments:

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl