Thursday, May 25, 2017

Fruit & Herb Infused Water



With significant Life Changes necessary due to Health reasons I've been seeking ways to get more hydration thru drinking Water.   So, with Fresh Fruits and Herbs in Season all Summer long I'll be making Fruit & Herb Infused Waters.  The combinations are endless as to the flavors one can Create.  And being a highly Creative Being, I find that part to be Fun and an added Encouragement.




Right now I have some Strawberry Blackberry Mint... some Strawberry Orange Mint... and some Raspberry Grapefruit Mint chillin' in the fridge.   But there are Lemons, Limes, Blueberries, Mango, Pineapple, Sweet Basil, Rosemary, Watermelon, Cucumber, Thai Basil, Sage, Peaches, Kiwi, Grapefruit, Strawberries, Oranges, Raspberries, Blackberries, Cantaloupe, Honeydew Melon and Grapes waiting in the wings for when my containers are empty and ready to refill again with Fresh Spring Water and whatever ingredients suit my fancy!!!


NOTE: The rest of the Beautiful Imagery is via Pinterest Favs of mine about the Topic for Today's Post... all Credit goes to the Talented Photographers whoever they may be:





We've been doing Fruit & Herb Infused Ice Cubes and Popsicles for a while, looks as pretty as the Fruit & Herb Infused Waters do, so it makes you want to drink even more healthy Water and Cool off during your day.  Delighting the Eyes is a sure way to encourage healthier options... fresh foods always look more Appealing to the Eye than processed ones do.




And we've been recycling various handy containers to store our individual serving sized Fruit & Herb Infused Waters.   I don't tend to mix them up in a Pitcher, though you could, due to fridge space limiting me on that option.  Not to mention, for us Variety is the Spice of Life so we like to mix up various blends to choose from so we don't get burnt out on any one flavor.   You feel positively like an Alchemist Creating them actually and can get as Experimental as you like to see what Flavors and Mad concoctions Appeal to you most?




I've been scouring Pinterest for Inspiration in packaging our Waters and the most Visual Presentation of them, as well as new Recipes we might not have Dreamed up ourselves yet.  If I can get everyone in the Family on board drinking them that would be Wonderful, but it's Optional, not Mandatory.  I began this Journey of Life Change primarily for myself and any of the Fam is Welcome to jump on board to the degree they so Wish.  This has also made me a more avid Re-Cycler of suitable Containers that otherwise would be landfill bound.




Typically with The G-Kid Force, if I can get anything to look this Visually Appealing, Refreshing and Yummy, and easily Accessible, well, they're instantly on board and asking for some.   The Man is a tougher Sell, tho' since his Traumatic Brain Injury he's been much more inclined to try new things, because he simply cannot remember what he liked and what he might not have before the accident.  So I've been presenting things to him to try out now... and he's embraced quite a few Life Changes in The Process of being introduced or re-introduced to new things in his Diet.




This was a Cute Idea of Chalkboard labeled Canning Jar Mugs of a nice Variety of Flavored Waters.   Don't they look so Pretty and thirst quenching?!  If I was Creating some Flavored Waters to drink immediately I'd do it like this.  But I've found that pre-packaging them in glass or plastic containers with screw top lids works best for us... to conveniently grab and go whenever the Mood strikes to have one without having to stop and Create one.




Of coarse you can have larger slices in larger openings... and we always enjoy the Fresh Fruit afterwards and just toss some of the Herbs we don't want to eat.  Though they can be re-used in Fresh Vietnamese Soups or Fresh Salads as well and serve double duty.  That way you get a lot of bang for your buck on your Fresh Herbs, in case you haven't grown an abundance of them in your own Victory Garden.   This year my Herbs have been sparse in my Garden, we have some, but most of them I buy Fresh at the Farmer's Markets while in Season.




This Beautiful Peach Raspberry Basil Image has me thinking I should make one of those to add to what I currently have chillin'. Note to Self: Buy Peaches!  Just looking at the Imagery makes me thirsty for any one of them actually... which is a good thing... both for Health improvement and Weight Loss... of which I need both!!!   So I do Hope this might have Inspired you as to what you can hydrate with this Summer my Friends? 




So I will leave you with a Chart of Ideas and Ingredients... which also includes Edible Flowers like Hibiscus.  In case you aren't sure which Flowers are Edible from your own Gardens and want to play it Safe, some Specialty Grocery Stores do Sell Edible Flowers in the Salad section.  That's how I buy mine and  I've tried Lavender, Pansies, Marigold, Chamomile, Chrysanthemums, Fennel, Nasturtium and Squash.  Some I like better than others, but I'll try anything once, twice if I like it!  *Winks*   I believe there are over forty Edible Flowers and you can Google which ones you might want to Experiment with the Flavors of, they typically tell  you what Flavor to expect from each. 




*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

4 comments:

  1. Yeah those ice cubes withe the fruit and mint in them will be so tasty in my Mojitos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, informative post. i love that you are really doing it, also. We have been lemon water drinkers for a few years now. A simple and refreshing way to take your water. I add mint, too. grins, and thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Great post. Love those ice cubes. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good For You! water is bound to taste better!!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl