Wednesday, April 5, 2017

This Is Probably Not Going To End Well...



Two Blog Posts in a day... yeah, it's been one of those weeks!  *Winks*  Since I've wanted to keep most of my Posts upbeat and Positive I haven't regaled you with much about what hasn't been working out well and helping to drive my Diabetic readings into the 500 range of Coma Land.  But since I can't steady my nerves with a Diet Soda and this Ice Water beside me is a piss poor substitute, and I'm not one to turn to drugs or booze, perhaps a Bloggy Rant will help relieve some Stress and Anxiety building up... so here goes...




We finally got The Young Prince into that Charter School, he started last Tuesday and likes his Teachers, has recaptured some credits already by fast-tracking some classes, he only attends four hours a day which should be doable for him.  So that's the Good News... now on to the rest... because this involves The Young Prince so trust and believe there is gonna be a downside and it'll usually be a doozy! 




 As you might already know, he is off all Psyche Meds now due to extreme side effects and being on them too long, so that it could have eventually been fatal. We can't have fatal so we had to risk a Seriously Mentally Ill Child managing said condition stone cold turkey.  So each unmedicated day is a new Adventure and weekly there WILL be a full blown Mental Health Day... count on it! 




 He only had four days of the New School last week due to withdrawal from Old School and enrolling on Monday at the New School... so he didn't have to go to Classes Monday.  But by Friday he already had a Sick Day due to being unable to hear out of one ear and the Urgent Care Trip with follow-up to Pediatrician.  Granted, he needs to hear and I had overkill on Paperwork to turn in to New School just in case justifying such a premature absence was a problemo!?  But, School and excessive absences is always gonna be a problem with the Chronically Ill Child, rest assured!




So fast forward to this week of School, Friday he has off due to the School having a Teacher In-Service Day of some kind, so he's only got four days this week.   I thought we could get thru four days perhaps without incident... I was wrong!   He wakes up having a Mental Health Day this Morning, it's only Wednesday... Lord Jesus help me!   Good Lord child, you only have four days this week, try to get your head on straight and go so you don't get kicked out of this School too already!  He reluctantly complied, glaring at me with Shark Eyes, this is probably not going to end well getting thru the School day?




Getting the SMI Child, or any Chronically Ill or Profoundly Disabled Child thru School is going to be a particular Challenge with The System as it stands.  It's stacked against you, by Law they have to provide an Education to these Children but most every School doesn't really want to be bothered.  So they'll make your life more miserable than it probably already is Coping with everything else that raising these Children entails.  Even if you don't have the Behaviorally Challenged Child they are still likely to be bounced around as the buck is passed from School to School for 'Appropriate Placement'.




Eventually you will run out of Options or Placements that are even remotely 'Appropriate' and there are some places I won't even send him because they are so inappropriate a placement!!!   This Charter School I like so far, he seems to be doing better there.  Even tho' I abhor the lengthy commutes thru Rush Hour Traffic into the City exacerbated by Road Construction each day.  And even tho' Rushing back to get Princess T ready and to School is to the wire each Morning!




With Grandpa in charge of her Process of readying for School, I might come home to her with one shoe on and bed head, just minutes before we should be down the road!   With his brain damage the ability to prioritize has left the building, he could be fixating on her water bottle being filled while she still stands there in her Pajamas with unbrushed teeth or has moseyed on back to bed!!!  So I am not really Surprised my readings are shit, the Stress in my life is clearly not going away.  So my Life Skills Coach at the Base Clinic has already schedule me an Emergency Follow-Up to see what else I can Give Up to offset the Stress I can't?!




You have no Idea how much I want a Diet Soda right now to steady my nerves, but I'm persevering and drinking this Ice Water to be in compliance with what I should be giving up to lower my numbers!   Which isn't even working all that well, but I want to Feel like I CAN do something to combat going comatose?!  And No, if The Young Prince has too many Mental Health Days and gets kicked out of this Charter School Option due to it, I am NOT Home Schooling him either! 




 Don't even suggest it or I might just come thru this computer screen and put my hands around your throat! *LOL*  I know the limits of my abilities and my Sanity!!!  I haven't been in School for well over forty years, The Man has brain damage so he can't help with Schooling anyone either. School is the only break I get from two of the three I'm a Caregiver of for even part of any given day!  Schooling a Special Needs Child actually takes Special Training and Skills, which most regular Teachers that Teach for a Living don't even have, and which I don't have either.  So I couldn't do the Kiddos a Service or meet them at their Point of Need adequately... and I'm already doing enough inadequately and on a Wing and a Prayer Thank You very much!




Besides, I can't fit yet another Caregiver Duty I'm not qualified for into my already overburdened Caregiver Resume' of shit I already have to do for all of them without any present help or adequate training!   And more importantly, I don't WANT to either because the Train Wreck that would ensue wouldn't be Pretty!  There are reasons why Senior Women don't still breed and why it isn't Ideal for us to still be raising Children.  Even if everything involving said Kiddos was completely Normal, which it ain't around here by any stretch of the Imagination!!!




Princess T rolled out of here this Morning at the 11th hour, brushing her teeth and her hair at the last minute while looking for a lost shoe and missing socks... that's how the Morning usually rolls!   Being eleven means she does all this last minute stuff whilst being pre-demonic and totally uncooperative... it's such a Joy!!!  I can't even express in Words how relieved I am to finally dump her off and be done with the Morning Routine Rush of prepping Kiddos for School since 5:00 a.m., especially the day after I worked a Night Shift!!!  Did I say a Diet Soda would go down real smooth right about now?!  *Winks*  Really, it's nothing short of Miraculous that is the only lame thing I have a craving to wanna drink and shouldn't at 8:00 in the Morning, right?!??!!  *Bwahahahahahaha!!!*



*******

Blessings and Love extended for you Soldiering thru my Pity Post *Smiles*... Dawn... The Bohemian

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like hell on earth and I'm not surprised you're so stressed. Mental health is something people don't see like they'd notice a differnt kind of disablement. You sound like an amazing person to me, and very strong. I hope your numbers get better soon. Then you have yourself a whole crate of diet soda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it crazy that the abstinence from Diet Soda is the thing I'm most upset about and not coping so well with tho'!?! *Bwahahahaha!* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. I'm really sorry life is so hard for you. It's hard enough to read, let alone live! It must be really tough to give up one of your sources of consolation.
    I hope you feel absolutely NO pressure from me to homeschool. I know we have had some conversations around it. You know your own limits and must live accordingly.
    xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far he's doing well in the Charter School and really likes the Teachers and curriculum offered. My concern is his excessive absences due to his medical situation could pose the biggest problem, I am hoping not. You always uplift with your dialogue on Parenting, so no pressure is felt. *smiles* I know you're in our corner and have a point of reference about the topic. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are giving Diet Soda up, but I'm also glad you are bitching about it. Personally, I don't believe there is any virtue in suffering in silence. Whoever came up with that lame idea probably ended up with high blood pressure and ulcers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, day #3 Cold Turkey and the withdrawal symptoms aren't so bad so I'm not as bitchy as I was. *LOL* But I agree, no virtue in suffering in silence, I had to have my little tantrum and pity party to release some of my negative thoughts and get back to a more positive outlook on making radical lifestyle changes. At my season of life Change can be unsettling, I get stuck in my ways. *winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. As disgusting as it is---try warm watered down herbal tea that's flavored, instead of ice cold. They have no sugar, while some flavors have a sweetened illusion- and some combinations (chamomile-which I hate--mixed with another flavor) can help with calming. I can't imagine dealing with average kids at my age and I do have some of the training. Hopefully, as your body readjusts to giving up---those things that are bad for you, your system will give you some extra reserves. When nothing else works, try bribery, lol, for them. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi I do have some delightful Teas which I've been drinking Cold and Warm, they are enjoyable. I also found some nice flavored waters when just plain water doesn't satisfy. I think in 2 weeks when old habits have broken and new ones replace them then it will be easier physically and emotionally. I freely confess I was a diet soda addict and I knew they were not good for me so it was past time to have an intervention with myself *winks* and clean up my act. I know I'll feel better for it in the long haul. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Pope Francis canonized seven new Saints. It should of been eight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you Dear Sweet Gal, Thank You! Saint Dawn, kinda has a nice ring to it! *winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl