Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Can You Relate?



 I had to take the Night off Work because my Eyes stayed dilated too long after my Eye Exam this Morning.  So with the bright intensity of the day I had an equally intense headache develop even with their nifty wrap around flimsy sunglasses!  I went straight to bed to sleep it off for a Rumpelstiltskin length Nap!  I never got rid of the headache, tho' the Exam went fantastically, the Lasik is holding up even after all these years and no damage or complications thus far from the Diabetes either!  *Whew*




The Doc said my Lasik had healed better than any he had ever seen in fact, usually there are scars that are evidence of the procedure, he could see none and wouldn't have known I even had it done.  This is why you hire the Best in the Business and pay a Premium, the results have held going on close to two decades now. 




The relief I felt having an excellent exam was immeasurable, especially after hearing the recent tragic News of my Younger Brother going blind from his complications.  We naturally share the same hereditary factors so there is always that dread of similar health complications as we Age befalling us.  Can you relate to that concern?




I recently bought this piece of Art for my Zen Spa Master Bathroom... I had been looking for some time for a piece to compliment the Mehndi Art shown in the Image above it, which I've had for many years and absolutely Adore.  I'm not as in Love with the plain background of this Art piece so I may have to Create a similar background that my Mehndi piece has. 




Sorry Valentina {the Artist}, it's just too stark a background, tho' I Love the actual Art, and I know it will bother me if I leave it this way!  *Smiles*   Can you relate to having to put your own 'stamp' on some things, otherwise it will drive you Crazy?  The Colors used in the Painting do match the Master Bathroom well tho', so for now it can be 'As Is' without too much Mental Torment to me.  Well, mebbe just a little because I'm just that OCD about shit that doesn't really matter and nobody else even notices! *Smiles*




On to the Front Courtyard, which is coming along nicely... ignore The Man's Medical equipment, which just HAS to be there for practicality to steady him when he takes a walk so he doesn't fall over.  I've gotten Over it bothering me as an Eyesore having Medical Equipment everywhere in my Decor... and concentrate instead on the Lush plantings... I'm going for a Tropical Look. 




 We're probably going to have to replace the nice Wooden Bench that came with the house, weather has taken it's toll on how structurally sound it is and I don't need a Project.   I'll probably opt for an ornate poured cement smaller Bench... and a Water Feature opposite it eventually.  Likely a flat Pedestal Wall Fountain... the ones I like of coarse are Grandiose and spendy, so another thing to Save Up for!  *LOL*  Can you relate to always liking the spendier shit?  I have Champagne Taste, what can I say!?  Right now I'm just buying relatively inexpensive plants we Need. 




And I'm very OCD and anal about what I Want... I won't Settle... so very often I have to wait a long while to get exactly what I have on the Canvas of my Imagination.  But anything worth having is worth waiting for, I'm Patient, even Tenacious, about Holding Out and getting what I Want.  Which is also why the Tomato Crop is sitting in the Front Courtyard instead of planted in the Victory Garden Space at the side of the house... which remains unfinished again this Season!  The Herb Garden too, unfinished, so all the Herbs are also Front Courtyard housed again this Season.  They're all flourishing so I can't complain about locale not being what I prefer and have in Mind eventually... whenever that will be???!!  Can you relate to that as well... the not knowing when things will fall into place? 




I had thought about refinishing the Front Courtyard floor with an Acid Wash Treatment of Color rather than the roll-on Latex Paint the previous Owner had used and which is now peeling like an old sunburn.   But it would have been expensive and something to wait an indefinite amount of time to do without finishing off or using the Courtyard.  I opted for finishing off and using the Courtyard and doing something Creatively Artistic on the floor later on... whenever that will be too???!??!   I'm not opposed to a worn look on floors... lets just call it Patina shall we?  *Winks*




Besides, I'm not Obsessing about what isn't getting done around here, it would drive me Crazy too!  We're not quite two years in and I know a lot of this stuff is just going to take Time... our Rome is not going to be built in a Tuscan Day!  Having a bountiful Harvest on the Tomato Plants is distracting me pleasantly from the fact I can't seem to keep our Home clean.  Can you relate to a Home that won't stay clean my Friends and just seems to remain in perpetual Messy Mode due to the Family?  I'm blaming them, but Truth be told, I've got my own piles of Mess laying about too, it happens... what can I say?  No, it's not very Editorial, I Wonder really how many Homes really do remain Editorial in Real Life?  You know, if they actually LIVE there?  *Smiles*




I've got two types of Tomatoes I'm growing this year, Heirloom {previous pix} and Cherry {above pix}.  Both plants are going berserk with production, we will be eating a lot of Tomatoes!  *Smiles*  That's good for my Diabetic Diet Plan, which I'm sticking to quite well actually.  You know, now that I know I CAN have my Coke Zero on occasion, and I'm opting to only drink it sparingly by choice now, which is ever so much easier than thinking I can't have it at all!  Can you relate to that too, refraining from what you know you CAN have but should have sparingly... opposed to Obsessing about what you CAN'T have and then Crave it to the point of near Insanity?!?




The new transplanted Vines in the Courtyard are in full Bloom and thriving, they seem Happy in their new Glazed Pots.  I even found the Tuscan Style Pots I WAS seeking and couldn't find before, so I bought one.  It was a great price too, Wish they'd had them previously, they all would have been that Style.  But the Family actually likes the Glazed ones better, and they go well with the Tuscan one, so it's all Good, I don't Feel like I Settled for less.  I even found my elusive Queen's Wreath Vine at an Amazing Plant Nursery on the East Side that even had an Antique Store and Historic Home on the premises!  Trifecta, I was in Heaven!   They discounted it's price since it was Small and frail, it's already doubled in size, it Loves it's new Courtyard Location clearly!




They had Exotic Birds in the Greenhouse too... talk about the whole package!  No, he's not hanging by a chain, that's his Toy hanging from it in front of him. Hard to get a decent shot thru the Cage wire... and he was also Camera Shy and I think cursing me out in Bird Language for pathologically trying to get a good shot of him!?  *LOL*  He kept hiding his head and then peeking around to see if I was still there trying to Photograph him?  It was comical really... and kind of a Game of Hide and Seek going on between us.  I think this was his way of showing me his ass and displeasure of being Photographed at all, since he kept shaking his tail feathers at me!?  *Winks*




I'm like, Listen, I'm not going away until I get some good shots of you Okay?  So he turned around... and the damned cage wire got into the foreground but I rolled with it, I think this is him laughing at me?!  No, I don't THINK it was, he actually could audibly laugh like a Person and was laughing... this is why I don't own a Bird, they can be so Snarky!  *LOL*   I Enjoyed the Bird sounds, other than the Laughing, that were more Natural, gave the Greenhouse a very nice Tropical Vibe.  I wasn't buying Greenhouse plants that day, but I so do Love a nice Greenhouse or Conservatory... always wanted one, never had one.




And then would I go Over the Top, as I'm prone to do, and Want Birds too in my Greenhouse or Conservatory, even tho' I find the Exotics to be Snarky little Creatures with an Attitude sometimes?  This whole Group was very Snarky, just look at the Attitude and how they all turned their backs when I tried to Photograph them and give me The Look of Bird Stink-Eye!   When I was finally leaving they all squawked loudly, clearly Happy I had left the building!  Good riddance picture taking nuisance Lady intruder... disturbing our Peace and Tranquility here in the Greenhouse Paradise we occupy while merely tolerating you pesky Humans... barely!  *LOL*




In case you were Wondering this is WHITFILL NURSERY on East Glendale Avenue, I'd never been here before and I don't even know Why since it's Sublime!  They even have Old Vehicles on Display surrounded by the Plant Vignettes... Fabulous!   If I had a lot of Acreage... and Staff... I'd Love to be able to Vignette a Garden like this, how about you?  Can you relate to having extreme Visions and delusions of Grandeur about what you WOULD do... if only... *Winks*




Inside the Historic Adobe Home on the premises {which was Ahhhhmazing and all original} was Antiques and Decor, who knew?   Every room was Styled Beautifully with the Inventory... some Antique, some Vintage, some New and Trendy, all very Appealing and total Eye Candy!  They also had a Candle Line that gave off a Divine aroma scenting the building!




Loved this Botanical Wall and Vignette... I'm very Into all things Botanical and have been for years, so I'm Glad to see Botanical Style Trending so I can find better selections of Favorite Decor I like to Style with.




Outside of the Historic Home was a huge covered Workshop area, also filled with Decor and a lot of Architectural Salvage beautifully Displayed.  Sublime Architectural Salvage, I could do a lot of damage to my Wallet here!




Case in point this Antique Door which I desperately NEED for my Zen Meditation Room!  *Swoonfest!*  Tho' I have no Idea how I'd ever schlep it Upstairs to the Juliet Room and I know that The Man would shit Kittens if he knew how much I'd spent on it if I got it!  *LOL*   Yes, it is spendy... of coarse it would be... this would take a lot of Saving Up for... I'd have to Cull and Sell Off a shitload of possessions to Fund this one!   I'd do it tho', in a Heartbeat!




Because some things, I mean, Seriously... are worth Ponying Up for... they just are... this would be one of those Instances for me.   That Room I'm now Fantasizing about, well, it would Complete it now wouldn't it?




Because see over there on the Left, they have Antique Ornate Exotic Doors like this... so... since this is my Inspiration Room... replicating some of the Vibe, or as much of it as I can Fund, well... it's Necessary, right?  *Winks*




So, I was putting my Mojo all over said Door and trying to get some really good shots of it... which wasn't easy because...




Holy Orbs!!!!!!!! There was a shitload of Spirit Orb activity and Attachments to this particular piece!  Which isn't so unusual given it's Age and unknown History and back story.  They were visible thru the Lens and swirling around like iridescent bubbles!   Quite Beautiful and nothing seemed malevolent, quite benign, so I didn't get any bad Vibes off it and would still Want it.




In fact, if a Historic Homestead of this significance and Style, plus Location, had been available when I was looking for Homes, I'd want one like this one.   Look at the size of that Original Stone Fireplace, almost big enough to walk into!  Sadly, many of this Quality of Historic Grand Haciendas bit the dust when Urban encroachment entered the once Rural areas since they weren't protected by Historic Neighborhood designations and stood alone.  So greedy developers just razed almost all of them and only a tiny handful remain, usually as Retail or Commercial Real Estate now.




I remember seeing the very last of them on the far West Side be demolished and replaced with Subdivision Hells and the like.   So I was very Happy to see this one Preserved as an Impressive Commercial Space that lends itself well to Displaying the Inventory being Sold there.




Those of us who have a distinct Love Of Old can fully Appreciate the Inventory, the Historic Home and Barns they may be housed in... and have the Full Experience when it's all together.  Big Box Stores just don't have that, nor do regular Retail Shops.   Those Fortunate enough to be housed in a Historic Property just have that added layer to enhance the whole Experience and be the Ideal Backdrop for their wares!




I also Appreciated the level of Whimsy incorporated into a lot of the Styling, that's just My Style as well!   It's Fun when Styling isn't taken too Seriously and you just have a Good Time with Displaying and Presenting it!




I have a total Infatuation with Old Barnlike Structures!  Old Warehouses, Work Shops, Barns, Tool Sheds and the like bring me back to some Fond Childhood Memories I Cherish of some of the Special places I recall best and just always Connected strongly to the Ambiance of.




Here's another Fab Old Elaborately Exotic Door, this one a double framed one, a very Grandiose Entrance!   I can only Imagine the Fabulous original structure it once Graced!!!




Because many of these are Architectural Salvaged pieces it is bittersweet for me because tho' I Love the opportunity to own a piece of History like this... knowing something Historic likely had to be destroyed to get it, grieves me terribly too!




But the whole Experience was very Joyful coming here and I thoroughly Enjoyed it and having the Serendipity of just needing a Plant and unexpectedly stumbling upon a Honeyhole like this really was Exciting!




In the background is a portion of the Historic Home... which was Adobe and Classic Hacienda Pueblo but had distinctive Art Deco lines to much of the Architecture too.  So I'm Guessing it was probably Circa 1920's when those Styles melded and Influences of Art Deco predominated a lot of Classic Buildings of the Era.  In this case it was a very Good Meld and inside every room had rounded corners, softened wall lines from top to bottom, Niches and recessed lighting inside of Sculptural Adobe Tres ceilings.




I Enjoyed my Visit very much and will definitely be back, whether or not I Need Plants!  *Smiles*  Though I will probably Need something from here no doubt!  *Winks*




I didn't have The G-Kid Force in tow with me that day... so because Princess T had a four day Weekend and wanted a Girl's Day Out on Monday, I obliged.  We were quite windblown from having the windows rolled down in the Truck since it was a Glorious day with no need for air conditioning.   My hair is a mess she complained when I wanted to capture her doing Magic Tricks with her Silverware at IHOP... a Mysteriously Magnetized Knife can Delight a Child for hours!  Or in the case of the Hyper Child like her, Minutes... *LOL*




This is not the first Magnetized Silverware we've Experienced at an IHOP, for some reason a few of their Knives seem to have Magnetic abilities in the handles!??!   Curious indeed!




And then it was off to the City Park to feed the Sky Rats... she wasn't sure whether to be thrilled or terrified!  It was like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds!  *Bwahahahahahahaha!!!*   No, she's not levitating... she's climbing ever higher up the bridge's railing saying, Gramma, they're TOUCHING me!!!




A Blast from the late 80's Past when we were at the very same Park when her Mommy and Uncle were little kids!  I remember the Kids being as terrified of the Geese at the Park, which is understandable, City Geese are fierce Creatures!  And if you run out of kibbles... watch out!!!  *LOL*  Princess T opted NOT to feed the Geese and stick with the more benign and Polite Sky Rats and Ducks!  *Smiles*   I like Sky Rats, they are so NOT Snarky and are Grateful for the few of us Humans that don't consider them nuisance animals... well, unless they are Nesting and shitting all over your house.  *winks*




Her Mom sent me a recent pix from Mexico... I'm trying to get used to her with shorter and darker hair.  Tho' like her Son, she's prone to experimenting with Hair Color frequently so it's always subject to change without notice... he probably got that from her?  *Smiles*  She's been struggling with the SMI condition just like her Son, so I'm always Glad to have some Contact when she feels like she can handle having a relationship with anyone and isn't aboard the Crazy Train going wheels off the rails.  If you have a Loved One with SMI then you Understand the depths of the difficulty of relationship Maintenance with someone tormented by the disease.




Well, that's it for Today... just one more pix of her seemingly levitating over Sky Rats!  *winks*  It's been a very full calendar of Events... and I'm actually savoring some Down Time even if it is with not Feeling 100% right now.

*******

Blessings and Love from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post, Dawn. Great Nursery find with all those antiques, and wow! The doors are gorgeous. . .yes, I think you DO need one or both of them. It's a downright shame to think that beautiful old houses were not appreciated enough to save.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I am Glad that at least some Salvagers went in to Rescue some of the Architectural Salvage, too often it goes Landfill bound which is as much of a travesty as razing Beautiful Historic Homes! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl