Friday, March 24, 2017

The Things You Get Despondent About...



There's plenty of big things to get despondent about nowadays but I try not to fixate upon any of those too much since they can be completely Overwhelming in nature and probably aren't anything I can Change.  Instead I find myself getting despondent about little things that I can Change, but haven't.  There are a myriad of reasons and excuses why I haven't, which aren't as relevant as the fact I just... haven't.  When I get too despondent over trifles that I'm not Changing and finding Solutions for, I usually want, and even need, a brief Escape.  So Yesterday we took a drive to the Lake to see Wildflowers in bloom.  Just to be out in Glorious Nature and the lovely Cooler blustery day it was.  To have Spirits buoyed by Nature blooming where ever it's planted, however harsh an environment.




The Young Prince stayed behind, since any Outing with his Little Sister is not going to play out well, bringing one or the other, but not both, is Key to a Pleasant Escape.  We were Escaping to Lake Pleasant, which was rather ironic, No?  *LOL*  The Wildflowers didn't disappoint, they are in profusion this Season due to the heavy rains we've received.   Javelina were trotting back and forth across the dirt roads behind the Lake.   Loons were all over the Lake, which was very full due to all of the runoff into it this Season.   It was nice to see abundance of water rather than drought for a change.  You appreciate water more in a Desert environment and don't take it as much for granted as places where it might be plentiful.   Sometimes in America we have such plenty that we can become complacent and take too much for granted, in my humble opinion.




We can become a little Piggish about what we want and what we think we need.  I'm acutely Aware of that when I get despondent, about trifles especially.  Gluttony, about anything, is just so very indulgent isn't it?   I had gotten despondent you see, about such things as running out of space to Blog freely without reaching maximum capacity.   Because I'd become rather Piggish about the over-sharing of Imagery and Pathological Picture Taking and I didn't want to Stop.  I didn't want to restrict myself, it was uncomfortable and too restrictive to what I'd become accustomed to.   We can become accustomed to Too Much can't we, when we aren't faced with limits and boundaries.  We can run rather rampant in fact with our indulgences... especially self-indulgences.  




 But I NEED to Blog, it's my Cheaper Than Therapy little Happy Place to be here in The Land Of Blog.   To Write, to indulge in Photography, to Share whatever, as a form of personal expression. So mebbe I should quit dumping data and just buy some more space?  That's the Solution... the one Change I haven't acted upon to Solve the little thing Problem I'm despondent about right now, well, one of them anyway.  But should I, shouldn't I just purge some of the excess Archived Posts instead, since nobody reads them anyway and most aren't relevant to Today?  




 Purging and Editing, not my strong points as you well know if you've been reading my Blog any length of time.  It's something I'm working on diligently tho', deciding what is necessary, what is still relevant, what should just Go and be Released and Cut Loose?   What and Who and a whole bunch of Letting Go has been my Goal for at least a couple of years now... and it's working out quite well... at my own pace... which is slower than Death... but it is at least a pace forward and not a stall anymore.   It's not as if I'm going to stop Writing or Pathological Picture Taking, since I Love both enough to continue, they bring me Pleasure and release a lot of Pain.  




And so, when the prompt pops up again saying I've run out of Space here, I'll have to consider either budgeting for more space or purging some more Archived Posts I guess.  A temporary fix to what will likely be an ongoing problem trifle to Deal with... and try not to get despondent about.  Since restraint doesn't happen to be one of my particular strengths or Virtues and lack of it is one of my Vices.  *Winks*   And because I suspect that it's displaced despondency anyway... since I don't want to focus upon nor fixate about the big things I could be despondent about and avoid doing so.   So that I don't have to feel so much dread and being overwhelmed by it all and the magnitude of it.  The overall feeling of despondency is there tho', so I have to assign it to something I suppose to justify it's existence and why I am just having a difficult time shaking it completely.




Because right now, after this Crazy Election particularly, and even IF you weren't Dealing with a whole lot of other stuff, Life is rather Surreal and 'Alice In Wonderland' in a fractured kind of Hot Mess nonsensical way isn't it?

"White Rabbit"
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head
Feed your head


*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

1 comment:

  1. I hope you somehow have a catalog/saver of all your photographs. I can see the dumping of 7 year old posts---unless they are about personal family history---I would copy those onto a flash drive for your own use. This is the problem with the digital age---will all this 'stuff' we have on computers--is it truly forever--like they say, or will the cyber world reach a point where it has to dump---all this said info that is 'forever', or are we all one massive cyber failure of going back to 1950?

    Love the bit at the end---that was always my favorite part of Alice in wonderland---the ability to morph--at will or not? Interesting post and the flowers are gorgeous. sandi

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl