Saturday, March 18, 2017

Our Anniversary And Making Ten Bucks At The Yard Sale That Day...



Today was our Anniversary... we been Married a very long time.  And due to the complexity of the Caregiver Thing we got going on daily with The Man and The G-Kid Force... well, we weren't sure we were even going to try to do anything Special, let alone Romantic!  *She throws her head back and laughs maniacally at the utter absurdity of that statement!*  Over the many years of Caregiving I have become resigned to that Fact, our Anniversary is gonna be like any other day... yee-haw!  Tho' in my Mind's Eye I still Feel like we should attempt to do something... anything... even if it's not Special, let alone Romantic... and even if we have to drag The Force along and usually under protest?!




So, the Sweet and Friendly Neighbors directly next door had wanted to Host this Block Yard Sale, which would run Friday thru Saturday, so why not participate and try to make a buck, even tho' it would be our Anniversary and all Today?   Friday didn't go too badly, but immediately I realize that in this more affluent Subdivision Hell, most of your Customers are going to be The Help and not anyone from the actual Community.  Why was I so Surprised?  So, I was Thankful for The Help, who were Friendly, Personable and came by before or after working for The Neighbors.  They were mostly my only Customers and bought a fair amount that day.  It was nice not to have to deal with any Pretentious people that day, clearly I get along better with The Help Socially than I can with the majority of The Neighbors.  *Smiles*




The 'Block Sale' had exactly three Participants... us, the Neighbors next door Hosting it... and a Family at the end of the Street.   Clearly they don't 'Do' Yard Sales around here or Community Building Activities much.  *LMAO*  And Saturday, our Anniversary, was a total bust, I made Ten Bucks that day, so packed it up prematurely.   The only thing more Foolish than spending your Anniversary holding a freakin' Yard Sale when it's already in the Ninety Plus Degree Temperature range... is only making Ten Bucks at it that day and seeing it thru to the bitter end!  *LOL*  And tho' I made a Mental Note To Self that this would be the first and last Yard Sale I'd hold in Subdivision Hell, at least between the two days combined I'd made enough for a fancy Anniversary Luncheon at a Favorite Restaurant.  Insert Happy Ending... well, almost... there was LOADS of unexpected Drama and Crisis, as usual, so the Anniversary Date got cut way short... but hey... Mi Vida Loca... like I said before, it was like any other day.  *Smiles*




*******


And I'm now apparently out of my online storage space quota dammit!  So... rather than buy more space, I may have to do a big ole' Purge of Archived Images and Archived Blog Posts since I'm a Pathological Picture Taker and Blog Writer so it was inevitable we would come to this juncture.   So... if you don't hear from me in a while... this will be why... I'll be on temporary hiatus dumping Data like a Crazy Woman to make room for more Blogging!  *Winks*


*******


Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I will miss you! Well a half a celebration is better than none at all Right?

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl