Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Dropped Like A Rock



I wasn't Sure I was going to Blog about it because it can be so discouraging to go thru without having to rehash it in my little Happy Place here in The Land Of Blog.   Today I took The Young Prince to what would be perhaps the last of the Mental Health Services he'd be receiving now that he can no longer physically tolerate the Psyche Meds and has been taken off them to protect his physical health which had become so endangered due to being on them so long.   We had gone thru every Therapy known to man since the Age of seven as well, with marginal results, so since that isn't working so well either, they just feel there is little they can now do for him so will be closing his 'Case'... dropped like a Rock.  So of coarse I Appeal, and will go thru that 'Process' again, it's not AS IF he's Cured... and since only having Services re-established in the event of a full blown Crisis is very unsettling to me on so many levels.   Yes, I know... I know... that should another full blown Crisis occur and he ends up in a Mental Institution again for a Life Threatening 'incident' then we'll be put back on the Grid of Mental Health Services... but SHOULD it TAKE that to keep Services in place for Support the Family and the Client NEEDS to live with Serious Mental Illness and not just 'suffer' thru it with no backup or Professional Support and adequate Monitoring?   As it is I'm currently still battling The System for the Right for him to receive his Free Public Education and have been on that Battlefield recently, yet again.   It's only four days in to those accommodations we prevailed in him receiving, limited as they are, but at least he's still in regular High School for two hours a day now since he had nowhere else that would accept him as SUITABLE 'Alternative Placement'.  I know... I know... current Administration being what it is and how Medical Rights and Educational Rights for the most vulnerable being systematically stripped away if they get their New Laws enacted means we're winning small Battles but perhaps gonna lose the War... but we must Resist and Fight On!   Power to the People and all that... Thank God I'm an Old Hippie and have never Cared much how the Establishment views me and mine as being 'less than' Valued and Marginalized thru their Eyes.  On a Positive Note, since the whole shebang at the Mental Health Provider almost sent him over the edge in the way of heightened Anxiety, Anger and Angst, I gave him a Reward for keeping it together as we waited endlessly.  Our scheduled back to back appointments with Shrink and Case Manager ran two hours late due to a deaf Family having a full blown Crisis with their Mentally Ill Teen.  So they were waiting on Hospital placement somewhere AND Interpreters who could communicate via Sign Language, Bless their Hearts!  So, since he managed to Cope with the huge delay, I took him to get his body piercings afterwards that he'd been begging me for... like FOREVER!   Shark Bites he calls them... he said The Pain of having it done took away all the 'other' Pain Gramma... well, whatever Works for you my Precious Child... and I must say, you look pretty darned Cute Shark Bitten!   I Love that Boy with all my Heart and Soul...  and why even tho' Advocating is utterly exhausting for this worn out Old Hippie, I'm still up by Faith and on the Battlefield every freakin' day continuing the Resistance!   I'll die Fighting the Good Fight in Faith and Resisting... you hear me!

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We certainly will my Friend, along with many other Families raising Children with Fragile Health matters. Some of their battles and stories make me weep when I read them and I consider myself so very fortunate that our challenges are manageable for us and I believe my Grandchildren have a Future in spite of their disabilities. Some dear ones know that their precious Child will likely not outlive them in spite of the excellent Caregiving and Advocacy they are extending to keep them going, I couldn't bear that 'knowing'. Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. And I sadly believe you! God Bless You and Yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has richly Blessed us, now if only we could get some within The System to be a part of that Blessing and be part of the solution rather than part of the problem! Dawn... The Bohemina

      Delete
  3. I hear you Dawn, but I also never doubted you for a minute. SO sorry the world is letting you and your boy down right now. You are both in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You my Friend, his reduced schedule is still in very infancy but so far it seems to be working for him so perhaps we can keep moving forward for his Senior year next year in a similar fashion? Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl