Monday, February 6, 2017

iN ThE mOoD...



I've been in the Rare Mood lately to get things Done... that hasn't happened for a while and what triggered it, well, I don't really know exactly that it was any one thing... perhaps a bunch of things actually leading up to it and culminating.




Reaching the point of highest development of any tentative Project(s) means I've actually gotten some things Done and tackled some long neglected stuff.  There has been quite a bit of long neglected stuff actually, so it's about Time!




I've actually uncovered layers of long neglected stuff in fact and it was seemingly everywhere and yet not so obvious.  Though some of it was hiding in plain sight and just overlooked with that Selective Seeing you do when you don't wanna be bothered and ignore stuff.




I have been derelict at my duties of getting completely Moved In... I just seemed to stall out and leave stuff packed and hidden away where I didn't have to Deal with it.  So it seemed like the Move In was Complete on the surface, but it wasn't... it was a superficial Move In.




Do you know that most of my drawers, cupboards, display cabinets, shelves and filing cabinets have laid empty for almost a year and a half now?!!  Now, the Hoarded Garage Spaces still have packed boxes and crates to tackle, but inside the house are a lot of empty places.




That has never happened anywhere we've ever lived... at least not for this long anyway.   Perhaps I've subconsciously thought that if I kept things packed away for a couple years then discarding and culling it would just be easier, I dunno?  And perhaps it will be, I'm just not sure?




I'm kinda Hoping it will be actually if I'm Truthful about it, I've been in the Rare Mood also of getting rid of as much as possible and being as ruthless as I can about it.   Not because I don't still Love a lot of what will likely Go and so the Letting Go has nothing to do with falling out of Love with any of it.




And I'm Feeling that way about a LOT of things lately, including but not limited to stuff.  I'm cutting things loose right, left and center because I want a lot less to worry about or Care for.  I still have a lot of Nice things that are Beloved that will Stay, but not as many anymore.




I'm not even entirely sure how severe an Edit and Purge will transpire... or for how long yet?   I just know I'm in the Rare Mood to get it all Done without the usual hesitations, procrastinations, Sentiment or dread that usually accompanies it for me.




You see it used to be rather Hard for me... and I don't know if a paradigm shift has happened internally or what... it's just not so Hard anymore.   Emotionally I know I have been more shut down than usual while Coping with some stuff, and typically in that Mode I can accomplish a lot more Work sans Emotions getting in the way.




Every so often I have an Emotional Moment, had one in the Truck on the way Home from Working Tonight, but it didn't last very long and mostly got triggered by Thinking about some difficult Personal stuff.  So I try not to Think deeply like that very often lest I become a bundle of Negative Emotions and Feelings!




I'm much Happier when I keep Thoughts Light and not so Intense.  Which is also why I Love Blogging and look forward to doing it most Evenings after a long day is accomplished and over so I can finally relax some after The Man and The G-Kid Force are finally asleep.




My Favorite time of the day in fact is after everyone else is asleep and it's Quiet, Serene and like having the house to yourself.  With zero demands on your Time or having to Think about what HAS to be or SHOULD be Done!  By this Time of the very late Evening nothing HAS to be Done unless I WANT to do it.  *Winks*




It's now past Midnight and so Officially it's my Lil Brother's Birthday.   I had really Wished he could have made it out to Arizona for the Ren Faire again so we could attend with him.  He usually covers all of them and is part of one of the Troupes, but this Month he has another Major Surgery to get thru and recover from so he can't.




I will certainly Miss that we can't have a Gypsy Good Time together with all of the various Ren Faire Clans who are his Friends at all of the Renaissance Festivals.   In a Perfect World I too would like to have joined one of the Troupes but the demands on my Time would not be possible with Caregiving demands unfortunately.




I Hope that Today he will have a Memorable Birthday Celebration and that after the Surgery he recovers quickly and can make a Road Trip out to Arizona to see us once he's Healed and sufficiently Rested.   I Love you Bro' and my Images of the Faire will never compare to yours... you are the Jedi Master of Professional Photography!  




Yes, The G-Kid Force and I will be in attendance at the Ren Faire tho' we are yet to decide upon which Themed Day we're going, but it will have to be a Saturday.   The Young Prince has been looking forward all year since he's performed with some of the Troupes that do certain Dance routines with twirling objects or musical instruments when they've called him up on stage to be a Volunteer and taught a Routine. 




  I wouldn't be surprised if he joined a Clan too when he's Older, he's Naturally Gifted at Performing Arts and the Lifestyle suits him.   And Princess T, she J'Adores the Fairies and wants to go again when the Fairie Theme Weekend in March will bring all the Fairies out in force!   So we may have to go twice, this Month and next Month as well.




Well, this was my Random Musings for the day's Post... may all be Well with you all my Friends.

*******

Blessings and Love from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! It is a hard process knowing what to keep, what to part with, what to unpack, what to keep packed...I have been trying to part ways with things for over a year as the downsizing is coming near. I am glad I started the process when I did. And in the process I have packed things up to have them already packed and ready to go with me when we move..so half the place is packed...and what is weird is that I have lived without this stuff for several months and have not missed it..but do not want to part with it. This downsizing thing is stressful, exciting, yet stressful. And now that I feel like I have the small stuff under control (mostly lol, I have no idea how I accumulated so much craft stuff lol) I have all this furniture to part with and I have no idea what to do about that part lol! Looking back I am unsure why I felt we needed such a large space...it is so hard dealing with it now. It was actually kind of fun though culling the small stuff. I was appalled at the magazine hoard I had. I donated an obscene amount of magazines to the library since they have a small area to resell them and make a little money. I have not missed a single one. I kept my most special ones (all my Somerset stuff), but I had zillions of scrapbooking and decorating magazines, better homes and gardens, it was insane, truly insane). Living half moved in and half moved out is stupid hard. I need to tackle the garage before the heat gets here....which is on its way.... So I am here if you need to vent....and need backup encouragement! None of this is easy. I hope your brother is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yes, prior to the Big Move I spent Months doing what you are doing now and did cull a tremendous amount and most of it was stupid stuff I could have and should have downsized years ago! I mean it wasn't even stuff I felt I could Sell in my Showrooms so I just packed that kinda stuff up and donated it too. So... that's why I'm seeing so many Craft Mags at the Charity Libraries!? *Winks* No, seriously, I AM so that made me smile now thinking perhaps they were yours?! *LOL* Good luck and yes, we'll have to vent and back each other up during this tedious ongoing Process! Thanks for commiserating with me, but just think how Liberated we'll be when we're completely DONE! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
    2. Yes all of those magazines are probably mine lol! The library probably had to distribute them all over the valley! Yes it already feels tons better and trying to live smaller by getting rid of so much stuff is really giving me a great appreciation for less stuff and I feel like we will now fit into a smaller house! Yes Goodwill loves me very much too lol! I think they start cheering when they see me coming. Yes can't wait until we are both done! Ready for the next phase of life that does not include this part lol!

      Delete
  2. Let this be your catalyst:

    'The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you'
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    Love him, leave him or feel indifferent...
    you better listen to the Don:
    if you deny o'er-the-Hillary's evil,
    which most whorizontal demokrakkrs do,
    you cannot deny Hellfire
    which YOU send yourself to.

    God bless you, earthling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let this be your catalyst:

    'The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you'
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    Love him, leave him or feel indifferent...
    you better listen to the Don:
    if you deny o'er-the-Hillary's evil,
    which most whorizontal demokrakkrs do,
    you cannot deny Hellfire
    which YOU send yourself to.

    God bless you, earthling.

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl