Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Moving Toward A Valentine And Winter Transition



So I have finally started taking down some of Christmas Decor from the interior this week and should be done by next week at the latest.  Moving toward a Valentine and Winter Transition in Decor.   Some Holidays and Seasons I just don't Decorate for that much, if at all, Valentine's Day happens to be one of them... and Winter.  I moved to the Desert and put down roots here to get away from traditional Winters and there's not much I miss about Winter or Cold weather and Snow.




But I'm not above improvisation when it comes to the Desert version of a fake Snowy Look.  *Smiles*   So when the Cotton Boll and Gold Glitter Craft Picks from Christmas went on Sale 75% off at Joanne's Craft Store I bought a whole box of a dozen of them to transition my year round smallest Tree with.  You see, we keep our two small pencil Champagne Aluminum Trees up in the Informal Dining Room all year long and just use them to Display Collections and Seasonal Themed Ornamentation for various other Holidays thruout the year.




I happen to like the way they Look and they make me Happy as Decor so I don't Care how appropriate or not it is to keep year round Trees up, I dig it.  *Smiles*  And the dozen Cotton Boll Picks were the ideal amount to give a different and Wintery Look to the smallest Champagne Tinsel Tree.   These are sterilized and sanitized Crafted Cotton Balls and not Real Cotton Bolls like I made The Man pick roadside before the Fields were harvested of the Real Deal for our Olive Bucket Decor.  *LOL*




But they're Realistic enough looking that I liked them very much... I bought all the Gold Glitterized ones they had left, but they had Silver as well.  They had Cotton Boll Wreaths on Sale 75% off too but I felt they were still overpriced.  And Cheapskate me can make a better Cotton Boll Wreath myself with Grape Vines from the Local Vineyard's cuttings and the Real Deal Cotton Bolls if I want to for practically Free.  So I passed on the Sale Wreaths to match.




I am rounding up my Heart Shaped anything to scatter around the house now.  Mebbe this year I MIGHT Create some Crafty Fabric Project with some Old Valentine's Boxes I've saved up since I just J'Adore this Lovely one I bought years ago from my Blog Friend Binky Morgan.   But I dunno... haven't had much Creative Time yet for any Projects with a deadline.   Though this type of Project always Appeals to me since it utilizes all of the Wonderful Antique Fabric and Trim scraps and Old Bits and Bobs that I squirrel away all of the time.  So... mebbe I MIGHT set aside time for perhaps just one... Right, like I can Create or do ONE of anything!!!!!!!!  *Bwahahahaha!!!*




But wouldn't it be Cool to have a mound of Altered Art Valentine's Day Hearts piled up around the Tree with Gifts and Candies inside for the Family for Valentine's Day?   Now... where did I put those Old Valentine's Heart Shaped Boxes I intended for Crafty Projects?  Yeah, that's the other dilemma, my Organizational Skills are still sorely lacking and I sometimes... No, often, put things away and then forget where the Hell did I store them when I Need them??!??!  *LOL*   Labels, Dawn... you NEED to Create more Altered Art Labels for your Storage items!  But then, that's one more Art Project isn't it?




But regardless or not if I ever locate said MIA Valentine's Heart Shaped Boxes to Transform... and actually do the Project intended with them... I do have my Rusty Heart Shaped Ornaments that I Created a few years ago, ready to now hang on said Tree too.   I just have to locate the hangars, which I had the other day and laid down and now I can't Remember quite where?   Old Timers Short Term Memory is so frustrating isn't it?   The fact I remember where anything actually is can be nothing short of a Miracle or pure Serendipity anymore!




But it's Okay because for Valentine's Day I keep it Simple and Sparse for the Holiday's Decor.   I don't even have The Man get me anything for Valentine's Day specifically, he's good enough and exceedingly generous to me thruout the year that it's just not necessary.   He doesn't require a Romantic Holiday or Special Occasion to be indulgent and generous to Loved Ones and I Love that about him.   He used to always bring me Flowers, but now that he can't drive or get out by himself he can't really Surprise me and that was the Fun part for him I think... that I wasn't expecting it.  But I could go out and buy Flowers for our Home any day of the year and he's Good with that because he knows I Love it.




The same with da Bling, he's never just felt that da Bling was exclusively for a Valentine's Day indulgence for a Woman.  If I want da Bling thruout the year, go ahead and choose whatever you want Honey is his adage.   And I do... Winks... and I must say that on Valentine's Day Decorating da Bling is a higher priority to primp the Mannequin and Dress Form Gals around the house too.  Often I'll swap out their Bling if I'm bored with some they've been wearing.




  But I do have many OOAK pieces that I just like seeing my Gals Modeling year round and never grow tired of how Glam they look!  *Smiles*  My Friend Heidi's Fabulous Paris Montana Line of extreme Necklaces for example, they stay on the Gals year round... unless I'm wearing them!  *Smiles*   Is there anything around your Home that you just Love looking at or being around year round so you just don't bother to ever store it away unseen and underappreciated?




I grew up with Mom always utilizing her Good China and the like.  She didn't just Save it for Special Occasions or Holidays, to her utilizing the Good Stuff or having it Displayed was the Pure Joy of owning it and Sharing it with others!  And Yes, some got damaged or broken over the years but she'd rather have used it and Enjoyed it with her Family and Friends than have it stored away like some Museum piece or Time Capsule not to be touched or exposed until some long off later date, if ever!




After all, most of us took a Lifetime to get our Good Stuff didn't we?  Unless you are an Heiress or something you probably didn't just casually get the Good Stuff handed to you on a Silver Platter or wait only 'til the Rich Relative kicked off.  You had to Work your Grind to obtain it... and therefore probably Cherish it all the more!  Since you were Invested in it a whole lot less superficially than some Trust Fund Baby might be?   Mebbe they too Love their Good Stuff, we'll have to let them weight in... I wouldn't know.  *Smiles*





*******

So... here's to Transitioning towards Valentine's Day and Winter Decorating my Friends... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

10 comments:

  1. Love the vintage decorated heart box! I do hope you find your boxes and get some made! They would be so beautiful around your tree or anywhere! The cotton decorations are super neat too, especially at 75% off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... I KNOW I put them somewhere quite recently... should have just left them where they were, then I would have already found them! Sometimes when I'm trying to become more Organized is when things get Lost because my Organized Chaos actually DID make sense to me. *Winks*... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. What an interesting post. I'm in the mood to create something for Valentines, too. I just haven't figured out what I want to do. You have so many lovely romantic items . . . I love the lace and the vintage look.
    If you have a minute pop on over for a visit.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popped over to your Blog and Loved your Creative Ideas for the painted fabric blocks especially! That one with the Bee... Fabulous! Thank you for coming by for a Blog Visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. Kuddos to having what you love around all year. Nice profile pic, the princess looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Holly for the kind words and I agree that having what we love around all year is always a positive Decorating choice. And for coming by for a New Year's Blog visit... Happy New Year... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. OK, now I want to make some valentines with lace, velvet, the whole shebang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Colette and I Hope you'll Share your end results to Inspire us all! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. I think I have mannequin envy. I do have one dress form, bought @ 6 months ago, and I love it, but now, I want some heads for all the hats I've collected. You're so lucky to have these. . .I've not been able to find anything like these in my area, but I should probably do some serious searching. Love your hearts that you've made. Like you, I have Valentine boxes just waiting to be altered. Hopefully, this weekend will keep me indoors with the weather so I can get to some serious crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while too to Source Vintage Mannequin Heads, I continually upgrade to find the ones I like best and from the Oldest Era I can procure. I Sell off the less desirable ones in my Showroom and they make good Displays for Hats and Jewelry I also want to Sell Off so there's no downside to Collecting them or Vintage and Antique Dress Forms. If I can find any at a bargain I always scoop them up since they aren't as plentiful anymore in our area either. Hope you'll Share your Valentine Box Altered Art Projects to Inspire us all too! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl