Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Photo Archives 2016 ~ A Year In Review



JANUARY

As 2016 draws to a close I wanted to do a Photo Archives Year in review by choosing two random Images I had taken during each Month of 2016.  Intentionally I am leaving out Milestone Imagery for any Month because you always intend to take those Images to immortalize the Moments in Time.  I think that subconsciously what we do randomly is more telling and less staged to reveal Life on the more ordinary of days in the Journey of it.




JANUARY

And because 2016 for us was a difficult year, as it was for many, I also wanted to see what random Imagery and thoughts to Photograph and Blog about brought me Comfort as we moved through it Month by Month.  I brought even more randomness to it by just picking a particular day's Photo Archived Folder randomly to choose an Image or two from.  These two were for January and thus it will go throughout the Post with random Musings accompanying it all. 




FEBRUARY

I do tend to Live my Life quite randomly for most days on Purpose as well... as an adaptation of sorts.  Because Caregiving can throw a wrench into any Carefully Planned day and it's just a lot less disappointing or frustrating not to have dashed Plans and live Spontaneously instead.  It also keeps you more Mindful in your Moments as you just randomly find them to Live in and not just exist.  Plans can be too distracting as you anticipate doing what the Future holds rather than what the Moment holds.




FEBRUARY

I stumbled randomly upon a Blog Today for example that had one of the best Quotes that will in the Future Inspire a Blog Post Title and Topic, but for now, in the Moment, I just contemplated the nugget of Profound Wisdom of.   

"Don't live your Life as a grim duty."




MARCH

I'm very optimistic that 2017 will bring more promise and opportunities to seize.  I think we spent far too much time in 2016 in reactive mode rather than proactively living due to various crisis that unfolded unexpectedly.   Not that there weren't some Wonderful Moments in 2016, there were, but overall it was one of the tougher years we moved through.




MARCH

I also let a lot fall by the wayside in 2016 since I'd been rather worn out by so many epic changes we moved through.   It seemed as though a major move would never end and relocating later in life with a lot more stuff proved that a major de-stashing had to be addressed and accomplished.  We're on the home stretch of that daunting Project now and I anticipate completing it sometime in 2017.




APRIL

We've had bursts of energy and motivation to get things done around New Villa Boheme'... but overall we've stagnated due to the big Move taking so much out of us that we felt depleted.   As the year draws to a close though we looked back at how much we actually did get accomplished and it made us feel quite accomplished.   I think we were tough on ourselves with expectations being too grandiose and Reality just set in to not push quite so hard.




APRIL

And not to put all focus upon just a select few Improvements and allow others to be forgotten.   I had forgotten about my motives to take better Care of my Health and dietary adjustments to stabilize the Diabetes and exercise more for example.   I paid the price for allowing that important Improvement to fall by the wayside as so many other things consumed me and I began just living a reactive life from problem to problem or crisis to crisis instead.




MAY

Some Months I found that I didn't indulge in my Photography or other Joyful pursuits very much at all, who knows Why.   In fact 2016 was a lean year for me Creatively across the board, Inspiration abounded and yet setting aside the Time to be Creative was lacking and nothing stifles Creativity like Time constraints and constant interruptions.  So I was on rather an involuntary Artistic hiatus in 2016 and I'm Hopeful the New Year allows me more Creative Opportunities.




MAY

I don't even recall why in May the absence of Photography makes that Month's archived folders so lean for example?   The haze of Months blurring into each other has kinda been the norm in 2016 making a sort of Amnesia Time Warp happen.  Very little except major Crisis and profound Loss even stands out with any distinction. 




JUNE

I would like 2017 to be a Year of more distinctions and in the best possible way.  I want to be more Mindful to Live fully in the Moment and savor even the simplest of Pleasures thoroughly and with more clarity and intent.  Without all those jumbles of imposing thoughts that often intrude and can be a constant distraction.





JUNE


We've decided to spend the last few days of 2016 doing some long neglected tasks.  With the help of The G-Kid Force I have been able to move some heavier furnishings Upstairs to finally get those Living Spaces in Order and de-stash some of the hoarded Garage Spaces.   Those being the last bastions of New Villa Boheme' that overwhelm me completely when I consider the monumental task of doing what needs to get done there before the heat of Spring makes it harder.




JULY

Unlike many climates the Desert Dweller tends to postpone larger Projects in the Spring and Summer when it's just too insanely Hot to tackle them.   I don't want to spend yet another Summer wishing we'd gotten more done in the temperate Months of Winter while we could.   And yet Winter brings with it a dormancy of hibernating urges that are quite hard to resist!




JULY

I've been particularly Slothful after the Big Move, expending most of my Energy in the doing of it and then having a sort of involuntary recuperative time necessary to recharge and regain enthusiasm to press forward.   I just petered out to the point where a jump start has to be quite intentional now and I'm Thankful that The Force noticed and Volunteered to Help more to get it going again!




AUGUST

I had The Young Prince being my Sherpa for moving the Antique Door Hoard from the Garages to the Upstairs Art Studio Loft where they will reside as Decor.  Suffice to say he won't now need a Gym Membership, the Workout he's getting Helping Gramma will be more than sufficient!  *Smiles*




AUGUST


The Man wobbled around like a Weeble for a while wanting to Help but he was just too unstable and having too many Winter Respiratory Issues to be of any assistance.   I know that bothers him a lot, having to see the Children and I do all the heavy Work and being Powerless to do what he'd always done with ease for me in the Past.  Chronic Illness and profound Disability can be so Humbling and Humiliating, can't it?




SEPTEMBER

But one of the high points for us in 2016 has been his slow but steady Progress in rehabilitating himself beyond the wildest grim prognosis Doctors had projected!   We may never end up where we were at before his Catastrophic Accident but Thank God we aren't where we used to be!  A Testimony of Miracles have ensued in his continued Healing of a near fatal brain injury where no Hope was extended by the Medical Community!




SEPTEMBER

Regardless of whatever Challenges have come up... whatever Crisis have had to be moved through this year... whatever profound Losses we've had to Grieve... I prefer to focus upon the Silver linings in every Cloud and Dark Day.   Those glimmers that sustain us and shine even the tiniest of Light upon our Path in the Darkness.   Even a sliver of Light chases away the Darkness around it and illuminates just enough to see again.




OCTOBER

Our Holiday Season for 2016 was bittersweet... again.   But because we've had past bittersweet Holidays we have had enough experience that we rebounded and were able to still Experience some of the Joy of it all regardless.  Just because you endure some Issues Of Life does not mean you still cannot find something to Rejoice about or Celebrate... sometimes simultaneously in fact with the dealing of the unlovely stuff.




OCTOBER

The Month of October now will forever be remembered as the Month that I Lost my Dear Mom... my Dad also Passed during the Holiday Season many years ago.  There is something about Profound Grief and Loss that also makes you appreciate Life so much more profoundly though.  The intensity that I Experienced this Holiday Season was magnified by my Loss in fact... yet again.




NOVEMBER

And I think that as the Seasons of Life advance it's a 'Given' that stuff will just happen throughout a Year, any given Year.  And be those most poignant Memories, Positive and Negative... all mixed together and often randomly playing out in the Journey.




NOVEMBER

We got through yet another Year... not without some casualties... not without some challenges.    And having a Year in review has helped me to reflect upon 2016 and realize it may not have been the very best of times... but it certainly wasn't the very worst of times either in retrospect.  We've had tougher Years... we've had better Years... that's just how it often goes.




DECEMBER

And it will therefore be Memorable in a variety of ways... not all Good, but not all Bad either.   There was just enough of a balance of each to make us Grateful and it's very difficult to keep a Grateful Heart down.  Just enough to enlarge our Empathy and Compassion even more for those 'Going Through' and that is truly Priceless.  Therefore worth being Thankful for the Purpose of Trials making us more enlightened, tender towards others and experiencing growth.




DECEMBER

So here's to entering a brand New Year with Enthusiasm, with Hope, with Joy and Faith intact my Friends.   Because the antithesis of that would not at all be the Person I'd want to present to the World at all or live with daily in my own skin.

*******

Here's to a Happy and Prosperous New Year my Friends... with Love from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

5 comments:

  1. Happy 2017 to you too dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree...2016 was a stinker..one of my worst years ever..2017 has to be much better...Cheers to a new and fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect post for the end of 2016, your terrific attitude should be an inspiration to us all!
    Your recap sent me back into your archives and I'm sorry to be so late in offering my condolences on the loss of your Mom. It sounds like you two had a wonderful relationship and shared so many interests. Thankfully we have our memories to ease the heartache of losing our loved ones.
    Thanks for reminding me to keep a positive attitude and Happy New Year to you and your family! Cheers, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Dawn. May your happy times out weigh the sad times. I have been waiting for a new year so life will be better. Have been in bed for 7 days and realized that Life is unfolding today this moment and I better just get on with it. It will bring what is is supposed to. Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl