Friday, December 23, 2016

Missing You Mom... Especially During The Holidays

 






I'm so Thankful that my Dear Brother took many Holiday Images of Mom during the last years she lived in California and I couldn't be with her during the Holidays.   When she lived in Arizona there wasn't a year that went by that we didn't spend some of the Holiday Season together and I missed that the last five years she lived out of State.  Though it gave my Brother that precious time to spend with her during the Season.   I'm so Glad that he captured each Christmas there thru the Eye of his Lens to Share with us.  Missing you Mom... especially during the Holidays and the very first one either of us cannot spend with you.  Grieving is such an unpredictable Process as you move thru it, some days we handle it well, other days we don't.  Regardless I want to Wish you a very Merry First Christmas in Heaven Mom!

*******

Love Always... Your Daughter Dawn

6 comments:

  1. Ditto...., for Mom and Dad! The last of my mother's generation passed on this year---sadly. Now we are the old folks, have a Merry Christmas anyway steeping in delicious memories, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we ARE the Old Folks now for sure... tho' I do have one Uncle left, my Mom's Big Brother, who is still going strong and lives in North Wales... I Hope to talk to him Tomorrow when all the Family will be here to chat with him across the Miles... Dad had a very large Family but he was the last of his Siblings and died many years ago, sadly the life expectancy of the Native Americans is still shorter than the average American... Merry Christmas Sandi and Thanks for coming by for a Holiday Blog visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. I am with you on this - I lost my dad to cancer 5 years ago, and it is always hard at the holidays, especially Christmas. Be filled with love and enjoy the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya so sorry to hear that you had a Parent Loss not too long ago also, and yes, during the Special Occasions you always got to spend together it is indeed harder. Thanks for coming by for a Holiday visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes indeed Marlynne, but seeing how Happy she was during those last Christmases did also make me Smile too... so Bittersweet it is. Merry Christmas my Friend, I always enjoy your visits... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl