Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Home For Christmas Linky Blog Party 2016



























































*******

Today we're joining Debra of COMMON GROUND and Brenda of COZY LITTLE HOUSE who are Hosting a Fabulous Christmas Linky Blog Party that I'm Participating in.   I haven't done a Blog Party in a while, though I certainly enjoy visiting Blog Parties throughout the year when they're being Hosted.   It provides endless Inspiration to see how other Bloggers are Celebrating Christmas and the various Styles of Holiday Decor, Favorite Recipes, Christmas Creations and whatever makes the Season Special for each of us.  It's also a Lovely way to Invite the Community of The Land Of Blog in for a visit during the Holidays.  This year I decided that rather than being a Spectator lurking, I'd join in, Sharing some Imagery of a Bohemian Valhalla Style Christmas and what brings me the most Visual Joy for the Holidays.  I like Memory Christmas Trees festooned with Heirloom Photos and Architectural Salvage Hardware that are my Favorite way to Decorate a Tree.  Our Grand-Daughter, Princess T, asked why we never have a 'Normal' Tree... are you New around here her Older Brother asked?!  *Smiles*  Yes, I'm a total Eccentric and our Home reflects my often peculiar and eclectic Loves of the Weird and the Wonderful and everything in between.  I Love Traditions and Rituals but I'm not at all Traditional when it comes to Decorating and what I like to surround myself with, even during the Holidays.  Seasonally Styling my various Collections, Oddities and most Beloved Objects in the Home makes it easier than bringing a lot of new exclusively Holiday Decor in.  Yes, I can be a Lazy Decorator, but if you Collect Spiritual and Religious Antiquities it's Ideal for a Christmas Atmosphere and more Interesting than mass produced Decorations.  This Christmas Season my Favorite New Christmas Decor would have to be the Sepia Beige and Ombre Trees that go from Sepia to decadent Metallic Hues... if I ever locate a full sized one, I'll have to procure it!  Clearly I am a Pathological Picture Taker and Love to Write, so I tend to over-share and am prone to Excessive Maximalism, it just seems to be how I'm Hard Wired.  Losing my Mom just before Christmas this year has given me Pause to Simplify while I move thru the Grieving Process... it's been rather therapuetic and Liberating.  Though I doubt I'll ever become a Minimalist, culling possessions and Simplifying Life is a Journey I've decided to embark upon in earnest.  I do Hope you'll Celebrate with all of us and visit the Links that everyone is Sharing Today.

PS: The Party will begin at 9:00 a.m.

*******

Blessings and Merry Christmas from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

6 comments:

  1. Loved your Post in The Christmas Blog Party! The pictures of you are TOO CUTE! Especial liked the Snowflake Edging around all the pictures! So Festive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love playing with Photoshopping when I have the extra time devoted to doing it. Glad you're Enjoying the Party, Hope you get to visit several other Homes for the Holidays that Bloggers are Sharing during it!? Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Hi Dawn, what a pleasure to meet you. You had me at Bohemian. I love that style. You have a fabulous holiday home and I loved your touch of vintage pictures to the tree. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by for a Holiday Visit, meeting other fellow Bohemian Kindred Spirits is always Fun. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. I think your decor is pretty awesome. To me, authentic is always the way to go! I can't stand the cheap dollar store junk and mass-produced made in China decorations. Handmade, vintage/antique and unique findings are far more interesting as these always "tell a story". . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are unanimous in that opinion Cynthia! And don't we have a Story to tell! *Winks* Merry Vintage Christmas! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl