Monday, November 28, 2016

The Numbers... Or... I Can't Help Myself!



The Numbers... I tell myself I shouldn't do it, that it shouldn't matter... but, I can't help myself, every so often I take a peek.  WHY???  Curiosity... Vanity... Ego... Seeing if Blogging is really in it's Death Throes... Comparisons... Whadda my Visitors and Loyal Supporters Like Best... Most Popular Posts... Least Popular Topics... What Inspired the Most Commentaries... Where are the well over a Million all time Views coming from... ALL OF THE ABOVE?!?




It could get out of hand and be a total Head Trip if you did it too often or Cared too much... but in a way I do think it's Important to get Glimpses of the Stats, every so often.   Because shortly after beginning this Journey of Creating an Online Journal I realized I wasn't doing this exclusively for myself as originally intended. 




  Nope, it was naive to think I ever was I suppose being that it's Public Domain and anyone can drop by at any time and for any reason.   It's not like that Diary you could keep under lock and key and Hope nobody ever got too Curious to see the Contents of your Loves, your Life, your Heart and your Head.  And in a Strange way I Like that best about it and I'm not even entirely sure Why?




Maybe Exposure and a measure of Transparency of Self has been more Revealing to me than to anyone else actually.  In Old School Letters I never Wrote about as much nor covered as much Ground about my Life in general actually.   I especially never had it unfold in Imagery almost day to day and On Purpose.  I never really put much Thought into what actually made me Tick in the World around me and the depth of my Passions, Habits, Challenges, Loves and Dislikes.




Often the Imagery and the Stories Archived have been Therapeutic in ways I never Imagined they would be... to me or to anyone else reading them.  When I'm Feeling Down, Discouraged or Lonesome I can go back and realize how very Full and Blessed my Life is overall and how many Great People I actually know and have known!   I can see Transformations and Metamorphosis taking place of myself, of others, of places and daily happenings that are relevant at different times.




I never, ever thought I'd have well over a MILLION Page Views in my Blog's Short History, WOW, that's a LOT of Visits and I'm Humbled and Honored by it.  And the Consistency of the Visits from May of 2010 when I began and now has been startling actually.   When I Compare Stats from Month to Month over the Years it has been steady and stable so at least my Blog doesn't appear to be in it's Death Throes like I thought it might be... and that's Good!!!




You wanna know Why I Care about that?   Because I truly Love doing this, I have from the first day and the first Post and Topic.  I'm a Frustrated Writer and Photographer I suppose and this has given me a Wonderful Outlet for both Expressions.   I couldn't Imagine NOT Blogging now... and I know that if people ceased to come my Posts might be different... No, correction, they WOULD be different.




Because if it became totally Egocentric an Activity for me I'd Risk not being as well rounded in what I'm Sharing out here in Cyberspace and that could get tricky and monotonous.  I wouldn't be thinking about what I wanted to Share or get as Excited about Sharing it.   When I'd be Creating a Personal Post to Share my Heart and Challenges I might be Struggling with, I wouldn't be having the Wonderful Objectivity and Compassion my Blog Friends bring to the Table to Help me thru it!  It's become somewhat of a Sanctuary for myself and others to come to, a Safe Haven.




And I wouldn't have any of the Constructive Criticism too and sometimes, Yes, I Need that almost as much as those who are in Agreement or see and do things MY way!  *Winks*   I do Appreciate the occasional Constructive Critic in my Corner, those peeps who tell you what you Need to hear and not just what you Want to hear about those Topics that are vitally Important to you enough that you've Shared them Transparently and Publicly.




That was one of the most difficult parts of Blogging actually for me, WHAT to Share and what to Omit on Purpose?   What kind of a Blog did I REALLY want this to "Become", not only for me but for those who would come?   That was a weighty decision that took some Time to Evolve actually and "Become" what it actually IS.  




 I couldda made it exclusively a "Design" Blog... a "Biz" Blog... a "Caregiver" Blog... an "Artist" Blog... a "Grand-Mommy" Blog... a "Photography" Blog... a "Writers" Blog... a "Rant & Rave Dumping Ground so that we could all Solve the Issues of the Universe Together in this Forum" kinda Blog and have those DEEP and Controversial discussions endlessly!!!   *LMAO*




But in the end it has taken on a Life of it's own and "Become" exactly what I Hoped it might have Evolved into, something rather Organically apart from myself and yet the Essence of myself all at once.  An Exploration if you will of the many layers that each of us actually is since we cannot really Define ourselves by just one or a few things we are or we do.  It has remained Authentic to Self and I've really tried to Keep It Real to make those Connections meaningful here in The Land Of Blog.




I have had the Pleasure and distinct Privilege of not only Attracting Kindred Spirits and Like Minded Souls, but also a Diverse Population of Wonderful People here in The Land of Blog that otherwise I might never have met or Connected with in Real Life.  Because in Real Life we tend to Gravitate more to those we Gel with in SIMILAR ways and Feel totally Comfortable around... not such Diverse ways as this less awkward setting.  We can Peek into the Lives of very Different people than ourselves and have that Fantastic Exposure!




Here, if you come for a Visit, even if you Stumble by on Accident and yet still choose to stay a while even if it's Obvious I'm NOT at all Like you are, we don't have to initially Converse or lift the veil of Anonymity.  And that's Okay, in fact, it's Wonderfully Okay to sometimes be more of a Spectator in Blogland than an Active Participant.  Eventually tho', when there is that level of Trust that Magically Develops, Mutual Contact is made!!!




It's almost like in Real Life where you might see someone you would like to walk up to and Introduce yourself, for whatever reason Compels you, but perhaps you don't because you don't really KNOW them.  And maybe you're not Sure you even Want to, you know, once you actually get to KNOW them?  *Smiles*  But if you see them around often enough you might just actually make a Connection... and develop a Friendship even... just like that!   Or not...





But, here in The Land Of Blog those Connections are Forged differently I think... where the Getting to Know peeps is more Gradual and less Invested in so many ways, so it's not so Intimidating, such a Commitment or so Tricky as Real Life can be or get.   I mean here in The Land you could go off the Grid whenever and for however long you Need or Want to either in your own Blog or in the Visiting of other Blogs and it's perfectly Okay.




You can openly Say or Share the things that perhaps in Real Life you'd be a lot more Guarded about.   I've got Favorite Blogs where Dear Blog Friends are Revealing more to the rest of us here in The Land than they ever Dared to Reveal or Share in Real Life for a whole lotta valid reasons.   I know I even have... because some things we just don't Talk about Openly in daily Life do we?   But here we can, it is often a Safer place to Land... sometimes... so you do have to use discernment even here.  *LOL*




I'm Fortunate Indeed that as much of an Outspoken, Opinionated, Quirky Weirdo as I know I can be that I've been Embraced so Positively by the vast majority of the Million Plus Visitors!!!   *Ha ha ha*  The Negativity has been minimal and not too harsh actually, which is a Good thing since I can have a Dark Side myself and Lord knows we don't wanna unleash HER on some Poor Unsuspecting Soul!!!  *Bwahahahahahahaha!!!*




Being able to overall keep my Topics and Sharing Diverse, Uplifting, Hopeful, Fun, Real, Inspirational, Kind, Candid and uncomfortably Transparent at times has been a Good Run I suppose.   I do Feel it's been the best decision... and The Numbers, tho' I tell myself I shouldn't do it and it shouldn't matter, IT DOES and so probably I SHOULD occasionally.  So long as I don't start Obsessing over it... taking it too Seriously... or have it Change who I am at my Core... Yes, it's Okay to... and so I DO! *Winks*



*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian




15 comments:

  1. Congrats on over a million views! Also congrats on the outstanding pictures in today's blog. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... Thank You Colette... it is my Blog Supporters that make it all possible to be Inspired to improve my Blog each year and to continue to Share Life's Journey! Thank YOU for being one of them! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. You are my favourite blogger, and the first I read every day (and that's not empty praise. I genuinely mean it) But UGH! I still don't like that creepy baby. Once seen, never forgotten (Big Grin) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha... I know, that Creepy Baby was even really too Creepy for US and that says a LOT! *Winks* And Thank You my Friend for the Sincere Compliment. Having Blog Friends who Enjoy my Posts as much as I Enjoy Creating them is so rewarding on so many levels. Thank You for being a loyal Supporter! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know, I'm always blown away Marlynne at how many visits I'm receiving here, it's really made being housebound so much of the time a lot more bearable to have so many visiting Virtually! Thank You for being one of the loyal Supporters and Friends... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. Love your photos interspersed throughout your post. I like your observation of meeting so many diverse people through blogging that we may not be drawn to in our individual lives. Each one enriches our lives in their own way.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they certainly do, I've met some of the best people thru my Blogging Adventure and I'm so very glad that my Grandson introduced me to the Land of Blog! He actually set my Blog up when he was nine years old and has helped me navigate the Technology that makes Blogging possible for me and 'user Friendly'! *LOL* He also helped me install a translation button for the International Supporters to be able to read the Posts in their Native Tongues, which I think is so Wonderful too... how the Technology can erase barriers like language differences so we can Enjoy Bloggers from all across the Globe and Connect freely! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Dawn, you are my visual kickstart, when you post. I love all the images and the viewpoints you give on your world. I don't always comment, because sometimes, we just don't need to. Just know there is someone out there listening, absorbing, percolating.... which is part of my process for when I finally get a chance to get back to my art/design projects, when everything else isn't in the way in one way or the other. Grins, and keep on truckin'. My blog is evolving and will probably take a big change this coming year, more of my junk, and gleaning of it ALL---and hopefully some art/craft experiences. Will it grow my blog, I have no idea, but having a community to plug into ---when I need to---is great. Hopefully someone else will too. Stats----oh yeah, I glance at them. Do I use the info...not really, besides one thing about this is---it is a rollercoaster...so, I just don't worry about it. Grins, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi I agree that the Evolution of our Blogs is so enriching and crucial to our own growth, especially in our forms of personal expression, like Art, Writing, Photography. It has certainly made me more confident in those areas as I continue to improve with practice and having a venue to do that here. Your Sweet words mean so much, visual kickstarts are also why I frequent Blogs of others every day for at least a little while, I'm a very Visual person so the Imagery presented here in the Land of Blog has been such a Pure Delight, especially when I can't get out and about myself. Thanks for being a loyal Supporter and I'll be visiting often to see the big changes taking place in your slice of Blogdom, it sounds Exciting!!! ... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  6. What a great post! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog allowing me the chance to "find you back". Love your blog. I have to say that I kind of forgot that you can check your blog 'traffic'. I bet I haven't checked mine in a couple of years...and now I am afraid to do that! lol
    I, too, never dreamed that anyone but my family might read my blog---and now my family DOESN'T read it and others do. Life is just so weird sometimes.
    Hope you have a great week. Love your blog and you take GREAT pictures. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana Thank You so much for the sweet words and Compliment on my Photography. I am in LOVE with Photography since I began this Blog Adventure. One of the most Enriching parts has been the Visual improvements since I began Blogging. And yes, isn't is weird, I too have more Blog Friends than Family that read my Blogs. Some folks aren't 'into it' but those of us who are just thrive here as a Wonderful Community! Don't be afraid to check your Traffic, to me it helps me refine my Posts and improve upon what Images or Topics Move people the most and seem the most relevant. I know it can make my day when I run across a Blog Post that really Moves me in one way or another, either by the visuals or the topic of the Post. Thanks for stopping by for a return visit. I've been trying to visit more Blogs lately when I'm online because it's always so Positive an Experience. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  7. ps- I am your newest follower and will put you on my sidebar so I don't miss any of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank You my Friend for deciding to be a Regular and Loyal Supporter, that fuels my desire to keep improving my Space here! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  8. Blogging helps me to be social in my otherwise hermit habitat.I love the diversity of the blogging community and your blog is a safe haven indeed. Brightest blessings this holiday season ,and rock on Dawn!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl