Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Refinement... Self-Improvement Projects & Goals for 2017



I have decided, well in advance, that 2017 is going to be the Year of quite a lot of Self-Improvement Projects and Goals.   Because it's the Little Foxes that Spoil the Vine and some of the most annoying little things have been causing me the most problems on Life's Journey lately.  Or just been barriers to Improving the things that are Important enough to me that I am on a Quest to rectify that.  I know that it will make me feel Accomplished to get even the smallest of things Improved and then work up to get the larger things Improved as well once I gain momentum and have some Victories.   So I'm beginning earlier than New Year's Day with Small Beginnings towards Improving things that I can!




Lately I've been working on Refinement... so I began with the Small Beginnings in the area of improving the Blog Visuals by playing with Photoshop and adding borders to some Posts to make them more Visually Appealing for the Holidays.  I'm totally in Love with the Snowflake Border offered by Lunapic, tho' it takes a lot more time to Create a Post all Jazzed up, I think it's been worth the extra effort. *Smiles*  I've always Enjoyed the Blogs that have the Fancier Photography and I wanted to learn now to make mine just as Pretty and a bit distinctive and Refined.




I've also Needed more of a Creative Outlet since most days lately have been consumed by Work and Caregiving at the exclusion of a Creative endeavor.  When I'm Creating anything I'm a lot more Tuned In to Life with a more Positive Energy, Creativity does that, doesn't it?   I'd Love to be able to spend my days Merrily flitting and poncing about taking Photographs, but that's not always possible.  *Pouting*   Thus Refining those I have been able to take is just as Enjoyable as when I took them.




It also makes the Photography look better, more Professional, and who doesn't like to Pretend they took a Professional Grade Photo, right?!  *Winks*  Well, mebbe that's just me, but my Goal at least is to delude myself into thinking, hey, that almost looks like a Pro took that one!  *Bwahahaha!*   My younger Brother actually IS a very Gifted Professional Photographer and when he Compliments me on any Images I took, well, Angels Sing!  *LOL*  That's the ultimate Compliment from someone whose Body of Work in that Art Form I've Admired most of my Life! 




And besides, the extra effort and time it takes to Photoshop a Post of Images means it curbs my tendency and urge to over-share too many pixs all at once!  I do that you know... over-share... and over-do just about anything and everything, but you knew that, right?  *Smiles*  Yes, I'm a person of Excess and Extremes and I know it, but curbing it is entirely another Self-Improvement Project I'm also Refining... I might even Succeed?!?  *Winks*




  I've been pulling extra Holiday Shifts at Work and that's given me some Wonderful Blog Fodder Imagery from the Booths of my Antique Mall Vendor Friends.  They've been Sourcing their little Hearts out and my Friend Michael especially, well, the Treasures he always Finds are off the freakin' hook!  He's like the Male Version of me in what he totally digs, so it could seriously hurt my wallet if I were to succumb to buying everything he Sources that I J'Adore!  I audibly Sigh when he's bringing in new Merchandise because damn... Killer Found Treasures that are Delightful to behold and Torturous to Resist!




And I haven't always been able to Resist, which is why I try to just stay focused upon Refining my own Inventory so that I'm suitably distracted from Buying and Zoned In on Selling instead!!!  *Smiles*   Loved this Painting, seems to be an Original Watercolor and the Scene of the Village is so Soothing to the Soul.  I have so few places to hang as much Art as I'd like to at Home, so... my Showroom gives me the opportunity to Source Art that I Love but cannot Keep due to lack of Gallery Walls to hang it all upon!   I know, I buy a McManse and still don't have enough Gallery Walls for all my hanging stuff, clearly I Need an Art Intervention! *Winks*




But, even without an Intervention orchestrated by Family or Friends I am making SOME Progress in the right direction.  When I Source some really Cool Stuff or need to Let Go of some really Cool Stuff I already own, it's indeed heading to the Showroom and not being Hoarded away so much anymore.  You noticed that I said SO MUCH, right?   I know, I'm still a Work In Progress... I'm trying to get to the place where I can Honestly say "not being Hoarded away anymore" period!  But I'm not quite there yet.  *Winks*   The Handsome GI with the Soulful Eyes, he did make it to the Showroom... but probably only because if I'd hung him up peeps would have asked which Relative he was?!  And they already think I'm Weird enough, right?   *LOL*




So I didn't need Images of Handsome Random GI's hanging all over the house and thus I had to end my Love Affair with him and give him up to somebody else to Love.  *LOL*   The Good News is some of the Cool Stuff I can Waffle about, Sells fast... like the Head Vase, didn't last but a few hours before it Sold... Yay!  And Whew... now I'm not Tempted to drag it back Home when I have second thoughts that mebbe it shouldda been a Keeper?!  *Smiles*  Yes, I do that with Inventory sometimes, don't you?  It's Okay, your dirty little Secret is Safe with me... if you Source what you Love then it is sometimes hard to say Good-Bye and keep it strictly Business and not just Pleasure!  *Le Sigh* 




In fact I stand in total Awe and bow down to the Vendors who can Source the most Killer of Inventory and not become Attached to any of it and just send it out the door without Emotional duress!   You wanna know why I don't often Shamelessly Plug my own Inventory on the Blog?   Because when an Image turns out really Good of it... like this one... I want to snatch it all back up and set it up in a Vignette at Home rather than the Showroom, that's Why!?!   So hurry up and Buy this Stuff so I won't Okay?!??!  I know, I Suck at Retail, I'm much better at just Pickin' the Good Stuff... I just get too Attached to my Stuff sometimes to hawk it most effectively.  But I'm Refining that area too... so I can become all Business about it... yeah, right, huh?!?  *Winks*  But if by some Miracle it actually happens, Count On I'll have the Best Showroom EVER!  *Ha ha ha*




I know, I know, I SHOULD be saying I already DO have the Best Showroom ever, but it could be better... cause you know what happens?   This... I had this Antique Salvage Door that got Vandalized at the Old Homestead from one of the Outbuildings that got broken into and couldn't be Saved... but I did manage to pry some of the Hardware off of it.  But because it's from the Old Beloved Home, well, I ended up hanging it all on the Christmas Tree of Memories this year instead of hawking it!!!   The Memory and Attachment means more to me than the twelve bucks or so I could glean off the Vandalism Tragedy of the Destroyed Old Door a Thieving Vandal kicked in!  Besides... it looks Purdy hanging on there, huh?  *LOL*




I really would like to get to the place tho' where I can just Source the very Best Stuff ever and slap a price tag on it without Sentiment, Nostalgia or just a Lust for Keeping it afflicting me!   I've reached that juncture with many items so I'm slowly desensitizing myself to the Letting Go Process not being so Painful.   Sometimes it's not so much Painful tho' as the decision making Process of WHAT to Let Go of just being HARD and rather Agonizingly Exhausting for me!   If I have to make too many decisions consecutively that aren't EASY then it wears me out Mentally and actually Physically as well for some reason!  I don't even know what that is called, but I just know whatever it is, I have it, a Bad Case of it in fact!  *LOL*




And I find that to be Strange only because in my Corporate Lives I had to make difficult and often complex decisions constantly and quickly on a consistent basis and it never wore me out!   Weighty decisions that probably should have caused me far more Anxiety and yet it didn't, not one iota, but sorting thru my Found Treasures, and making decisions about any of it, a whole other story!  I could probably run a Marathon and not be as Exhausted as an hour of sorting thru Great Stuff and decisively parting with most of it!  And yet, I Love to Seek the Great Stuff out, it's a Carnal Urge I can't Kick... and I seem Born to do it... so I gotta get better at Profiting from that 'Gift'!  *Smiles*




Since clearly I'm not gonna Stop having such Fun in the Hunting and Gathering that brings me such Joy... it's something I've always done without getting Paid to do it, Scavenging is in my DNA... so, if I can turn a Profit at it, why not Refine the ability to?!?  And any of you who have already attained that Goal... feel Free to Share your Secrets... they're Safe with me and the Posse that hangs out at Bohemian Valhalla here in The Land of Blog.  *Winks*

*******

Blessings and Happy Holidays from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian












2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your photos are lovely.
    I like your tree.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the sweet compliment Carla and coming by for a Holiday Blog visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl