Thursday, November 10, 2016

I Can't Get Past It



I'm trying, but I can't get past it my Friends.  Post Election made it just all the more Evident that the uncomfortable Unwelcome Vibe and Negative sentiments I've Felt and Experienced most prevalent in our new Neighborhood isn't just in this Neighborhood... apparently it's across the Land?!?  That has been the Hallmark Problem moving here for the Children and I personally... but now if that sentiment spreads like a Cancer across our entire Country... where would one actually GO?!?   Not everyone is Welcome at the Table of our Society and the ugliness of that has just been revealed crystal clear and made glaringly apparent!  That Clarity is frightening for many of us, how low will it descend to? What Hell awaits?




My Grandchildren have been asking a lot of unsettling questions, since this deeply affects them, but I don't have the answers just yet, I may never have the answers to these difficult questions.   We are what I always affectionately referred to as a Heinz 57 blended Family.  Blending of Races, of Cultures, of Disabilities and Abilities, Religions, Sexual Orientation and Lands... each of us Feeling Valued in what we brought to the Table of American Society... or so we THOUGHT!  Will there be widespread Punishments meted out for being 'different' and not 'acceptable'... that sounds hauntingly familiar in a very scary way I don't even wanna think about! 




My DIL and her Family Escaped the Horrors of the Pol Pot Regime in Cambodia, where there was a 'Cleansing' and the Killing Fields.  They spent many years in Refugee Camps Enduring much before being Granted Political Asylum in our Beloved Country.  A Country where one could Hope for a Dream being realized, Safety and Inclusion... they are Grateful and a Valuable contribution to our Land.   One would Hope that Americans don't have to Escape the potential Horrors of a similar Regime if Inclusiveness and Tolerance diminishes or becomes absent altogether!?!   I have Friends whose Home Countries have dismal treatment and lack of Rights for Women... and as a Woman I would Hope our Culture never regresses to such barbarism regarding Gender?!  But will it?




I see a different America that is diminishing and blurring important Humanitarian boundaries in ways that make me very Sad indeed... and scared, I ain't gonna lie, to me America has always achieved her Greatness by being Good!   In my humble opinion when we cease to be Good we will cease to be Great regardless of Promises and Partisan Issues.  Putting all Politics aside, if that is even possible anymore, are what each of us ascribing to Good... that has to be a Self Assessment Person by Person?  You have to become Introspective and Real with yourselves and dig deep on that one my Friends!   If you can say an Honest Affirmative to that Question then Love will prevail and conquer Hate.  If you have to replace areas that need Work with more Love and Fruits of the Spirit, then like most you will still be a Work in Progress and that can promote Healthy Change in a Positive direction.




The Fruit of the Holy Spirit has to be what I ascribe to in order to Walk out my Faith daily with clear conscience and accountability to God as to the Witness to the World I'm presenting and the representation of my Faith in Action and not just words.  It is summed up by nine attributes of Love, Joy, Peace, Forbearance, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control.  If I am lacking in any of those areas on any given day then I have to Work on it. Because it's very Important to me to extend ALL of those Wonderful Godly attributes towards ALL of Humanity and bears decent Witness to the Core Belief System that shapes my Life and Guides me as an Individual whose Savior is Christ Jesus.  But I do not Believe in Religious persecution of anyone and Support their Right to Worship, or not, as they feel Led by Personal Choice or Cultural History.  That is one thing that has set us apart as Americans in the Past, to Preserve Individual Rights such as Freedom of Religion.  It doesn't exist everywhere.




I am most Concerned for the most vulnerable of our Society when Intolerance, Personal Bias and Privilege dictate Quality of Life for those some see as 'Others' and have disdain or contempt for or marginalize the Value of.   Until one can see that there are no 'Others' and the Human Race is or should be Unified by our Humanity, we will continue to have such deep divisions, Social ills and Wounds that refuse to Heal because they simply keep being inflicted over and over again.  I Feel deeply in my Spirit this day America is Wounded and the World around it as well... there are big gaping Wounds that desperately require a Healing Touch.   May those of us who are intent on Being Healers rise to the Challenge of promoting Healing any way that we can and are able.   I can sleep at Night knowing I at least Tried to be part of the Solution and not part of the Problem.  Right now I can't get past it, the Reality that has hit so hard it's knocked the wind out of me and made my Heart Sick... my Spirit restless... and my Soul ache for us all.

*******

Blessings and Love from the Arizona Desert

12 comments:

  1. You have put into words...all my fears and unease stirring inside me this week. Having fought the system for my father...and having two D-in-laws from outside the US, one who 'escaped' from the then Soviet regime in Lithuania, and the other from the Philippines. The discussion has been whether they should seek citizenship or not and what kind of health care will the majority of Americans be able to afford.

    Clearly we need to keep vigilant for all, and voice our opinions to our Congress, that winning this election isn't an automatic stamp of approval---when MORE than half the voter's chose a vote for other than Mr.Trump.

    I hear you Dawn, and I for one will be watching every vote the congress makes, and inform them of MY wishes, since they represent US.

    Sandi from a pocket of blue in Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, I Feel it so strongly how divided as a Nation we clearly have become and it Grieves me beyond belief actually that it has come to this. I too will remain vigilant and stand for what is decent and represents all and not just the select few, whoever presumes to be arrogant enough to make that differentiation?! Hugs from me... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. I work with people who are marginalized in society and their problems break my heart. Now that bullying and hate has become acceptable with this election, I have no answers for those who are in pain. Lord help us. Stay strong and I know that you, above all, will remain true to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOu my Friend... for the Words of Encouragement and for what you do for and with those within Society that are marginalized already. I just Pray it doesn't get even worse and that the bullying and the hate will be called out for exactly what it is and perhaps Shame those who even remotely thought it acceptable for ANY REASON. I will stay True to myself and my Values, in Faith I will ask God to offer Mercy and Protection against all that is Evil and misguided. Hugs from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. I agree with all you've said. On the other hand, it is going to take a while for me to get over it. I idolize Hillary and have waited for this for two decades. To think a despot like Trump won is just too much. Let's hope his supporters hold his feet to the fire on the promises he made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wasn't just thinking about Feet, Pray for me! *LOL* I've been absolutely fed up with Washington and Politics as usual for a very long time, but I couldn't with a clear conscience go so far into the outer limits that the Hatred being spewed from his Camp would sway me for an 'alleged' Change. Some Changes after all are not necessarily Good... as my Dear Old Nanna used to say, better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Yes, it will take a while for me as well to get over it... even if I can... which I just don't know right now, I want to be Guardedly Optimistic, but in my gut I just don't Feel it at all. Hugs from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. We are not happy either! It's frightening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Polarity within a Country I Love but I no longer recognize is indeed frightening. Ugliness that has been carefully concealed is now front and center isn't it? Hugs my Friend... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Dawn....my comment will hit "closer to your home". I read somewhere that the greatest gift the parents of today can give their children is TOLERANCE. I'm sorry that g-kids of yours are having a hard time in your new neighborhood. This should not be happening.

    BTW.....some tolerance should be shown around our whole country as well....let's see what happens.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree my Friend... perhaps having been raised in the Military and marrying a Career Military Man exposed us to so much beyond a tiny sphere insulated by sameness that we embraced and rejoiced in diversity and appreciation for the Wonderful differences among people and cultures. How can you NOT become relational when you've taken time to know others not like yourself and yet, find commonality of the Human Experience? I don't understand Intolerance because I was not raised in an atmosphere of it, I Thank God every day for that! It is however almost impossible for me to Tolerate Hate... I can respect differences of Opinion, but Hate, it's just from the bowels of Hell and so toxic when spewn and spawned. The greatest tragedy to me tho' is how carefully concealed it can be and once revealed how very shocking the Sources it often come from and the faces behind it! I suppose that is what I'm having the most difficulty with... I had Imagined our Country not to be so infested with Hate and Intolerance... I was sadly mistaken, it is alive and well... and I Grieve deeply over that Fact. Hugs from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  6. I couldn't agree with you more. My heart is breaking. When I can function better, I will become more politically active. I will keep my eyes on the prize. I will not let haters teach me to hate. Sheesh, what a strange world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is... I don't want to regress a Century in how badly Society in general tolerated the mistreatment and abuse of some people. I had honestly thought as a civilized Society we had come further than what has recently been revealed... and it's Heart breaking indeed to think that the America I thought I knew was somewhat of an illusion with far too much ugliness festering beneath a veil. I refuse to accept Hatred and mistreatment of anyone... I can't even stomach it against an Animal, let alone a Human Being! Let those of us who ascribe to Love be the Light in this World, it is Powerful and it embodies all that the Creator intended for us to be in His likeness. Hugs from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl