Friday, September 30, 2016

Mortality... Random Musings...



With Halloween coming up, and the fact I can be obsessively Morbid, I enjoyed seeing a tag going around contemplating one's Mortality.  Yes, you get to be a Senior and it becomes something you do occasionally contemplate and so this little questionairre intrigued me:

1.  How would you like to die?
2.  What would happen to your blog?
3.  Who will you leave money to?
4.  What happens to your body after you pass?
5.  What do you want your funeral to be like?
6.  What will you miss the most that still exists after death?
7.  How will you want to be remembered?





No. 1: How would you like to die?

Peacefully in my Sleep would be Ideal... but if I have to be awake I'd rather it be doing something I absolutely Love so that my last Moments were meaningful to what I was all about in Life.




No. 2: What would happen to your Blog?

I don't Care.   But hopefully it's existence after mine on this side of Time and Eternity has expired, will perhaps still give a glimpse into a Life that I Hope is viewed as Well Lived and might still Inspire or Minister to those who visit in some small way, as a sort of Online Legacy.




No. 3: Who will you leave money to?

What money?  *Smiles*  And as for the Stuff of Life, can't take it with you so I have already started giving much of it to those I Love and who want to inherit any of it while I'm still vertical.   The rest, after I'm gone, they can do whatever they desire with it, hopefully to their Gain and for their Pleasure.




No. 4: What happens to your body after you pass?

No frills, simple Shroud, pre-paid Coffin and Funeral that will not therefore burden our surviving Loved Ones... Military Cemetery.




No. 5: What do you want your Funeral to be like?

A kick ass Wake of a Party in remembrance of all the Good Times we Shared... accompanied by whatever would bring Peace, Comfort and Solace to my Surviving Loved Ones.




No. 6: What will you miss the most that still exists after death:

Those that I leave behind... until we meet again beyond the Veil.




No. 7: How will you want to be remembered:

With Humor, Love and the fondest of Memories by all whose lives I might have touched.  Living an Authentic Life True to Self is the best Legacy one can leave behind.




I won't Tag anyone since Mortality Musings aren't everyone's cup of Tea... but if you feel inclined to Share your List, I'd be interested to see your random musings about it...

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

2 comments:

  1. There is some merit in thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting, my aunt just passed. She was the last of her generation that we know of --of a family of cousins here in the US. I'm sure there were many in Denmark. Anyway I think there were 11 + spouses, so say maybe 28 with second marriages. And she was the last. Before her, my GREAT Aunt passed at 101...she was the youngest of her generation and the last. Her major distress was she outlived so many of the next generation.

    Point is... Life is about leaving. Not just our own leaving, we all do, but of being left behind. My note to my cousins---is we are ALL orphans now---at 60+ and must hold each other dear...for we all will leave or be left behind.

    So your post was quite interesting, as it travels down that road, none of us want to acknowledge---and I don't call it morbid, but a part of LIFE...living to our fullest.

    thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl