Monday, September 26, 2016

More Autumn Decorating Fun

















As I was wading thru my Seasonal Goodness to decide what to put out this year and what not to, I found that I'm getting way better at Editing with a more restrained Eye.   I didn't feel the Need to put everything out, in fact, only about a third of it even made the cut for this year's Vignettes.  So I AM really taking this Simplifying things Seriously... though for a true Minimalist my hand would probably still seem inclined to be heavy with the layering of stuff... for me it's scaled way back.  It also meant I was done with the majority of it quite quickly, though it will continue to be refined and tweaked prior to the Holidays actually arriving.   Our Ofrenda this year is a prime example of something that we usually keep adding to with Photos and Notes to the Dearly Departed that we are Honoring and paying Homage to with it.  We can hardly wait to see the Public Ofrendas that will be on Display this year, it is always one of our Favorite parts of the Dia de los Muertos Celebration.  This Season if all goes well we would like to join in on the Procession rather than just being Spectators like last year.   Last year, with the Big Epic Move, it was just difficult to squeeze everything in, we were barely moved in by the Holiday Season enough to do it properly!   This year is more Settled In... and so... I'm looking forward to doing it up Right!

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

9 comments:

  1. Hope you do get to join in the procession! Like taat orange/red wig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's channeling Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter. LOL Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I knew you would my Friend... anxiously awaiting any reveals you might be contemplating for our Fav Holiday? winks Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. Very cool...so much fun to roam in your collections, lol. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roaming everyone else's Collections is such a Joy for me too... I get Inspired every day I visit The Land Of Blog! Thanks for coming by for a Blog Visit Sandi... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. hello Dawn,I see the Ouija candle! is that from the Spirit store?
    okay, now please bear with me..is this your home or do you have a shop or is this just a waking dream of mine? everything is gorgeous and...lush. it's a huge treat to peek into your life and your treasures.I feel so very inspired looking at all this sumptuous beauty.
    thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today!
    Happy Haunted Humpday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Friend thank you for stopping by, yes, it's our Home and the Ouija Candle was from the Spirit Store Line this year, Sold out in our parts pretty quickly so I'm glad I snagged mine early. *Smiles* Your kind words are appreciated, glad you have been Inspired. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. That bat in the box, oh my! I adore your decor! And the Dia de Los Muertos things - I am soooo Jonesing for all of it. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl