Friday, July 15, 2016

Where Bloggers Create 2016 ~ My New Art Studio Spaces



When my Talented Friend Karen Valentine, of MY DESERT COTTAGE Blog, said she would be Hosting another Where Bloggers Create Blog Party I was delighted.  I always find it to be totally Inspiring to see the Creative Sanctuaries of others.  Places we might normally never receive an Invitation to peek into the Creative Worlds and Minds of other Creative Souls. 




 My dilemma of coarse was whether to be a Participant this year or a Spectator?  She really Hoped more of us would Participate and I agree, that makes for a much better Party!  Besides, I didn't wanna just Lurk... and yet, I had a Problem... and an Ego.  *LOL*  What to 'Share' when your Creative Space isn't close to completion or entirely Moved Into yet is dicey to the Ego.  *Winks*




 You see, at my Old Historic Property I had the Ideal Art Studio Cottage and I was so Proud of it!  {One small corner of it pictured above.}  I Loved it... everything about it in fact, so leaving it behind was the hardest thing EVER, I cried a lot about relinquishing it.  It had turned out better than my Wildest Dreams! {Believe me when I tell you my Dreams are WILD!}  It was my very Essence infused with the Cottage's Rich Century plus Old History and Awesome Quirky Details, since it had originally been a Carriage House and Stables! 




 Sometimes I'd just go in there to absorb the Positive Energies it imparted even if I wasn't about to Create anything in particular.  It soothed my Spirit, that Creative Sanctuary I had painstakingly adorned and spent so much time in.  It had details and Ambiance no Modern Studio would ever have and I knew that, it would never be replicated.  That still makes me Sad to this day.




 But we still decided to do the Big Move to the Dream Villa Boheme', a new build of lovely Tuscan Architectural Style.  And all of this had to be dismantled and left behind, a very Sad day indeed.  But it took far more than a day... FAR MORE!  Oh, had we only known, we might have paced ourselves better!  It might have been easier to pick the Old Art Studio Cottage up and move it to a new location!?   Well, in a Perfect World I would have! *Smiles*




  Because it really has taken up an entire year of our lives this Big Move and Life Change... since we moved ourselves and had much to dispose of and get readied for the Sale of the Old Homestead.  I'm maintaining two Homes as we look for the right Buyer for our Beloved Old Historic Home, so I'm constantly going over there to Care for it. 




 We've now Celebrated our first Anniversary since buying our New Home late last June and it's still very much a Work In Progress here at New Villa Boheme'.  More Work left undone than Progress really, Truth be told.  Sometimes it's still quite daunting.  Some things for the Studio are scattered around other areas temporarily, both Upstairs and Downstairs... so it almost ALL looks like an extension of Studio right now!  *LOL*




 It has been one of those polar opposite kinda years actually, the best of times and the worst of times all rolled into one... quite the Rollercoaster ride, but we've bought the ticket so we're on for the whole ride... all aboard... ha ha ha... ay ay ay.  *Insert Ozzy's 'Crazy Train' lyrics!*  The Issues of Life mount up and Projects get sidelined and stagnate in their suspended Limbo.  My Creative Sanctuary thus remains in Limbo.




 Because needless to say my new Loft Art Studio has not had the highest of priorities in putting together yet, so it's still rather a Hot Mess.  I hate having a Hot Mess, nevermind transparently Sharing my Hot Mess Spaces and the utter humility that Reveal has upon my psyche and Ego!  *LOL*  Our Creative Spaces being so Personal and Intimate it is a direct reflection of our inner selves and our Dream Scapes.




 So mebbe just a severely Edited and quite random Peek would be more in order to save face?  Humnnn... just showing you what isn't making me cringe.  If I kept all that out of frame, that could work and create an optical illusion!?!   Because hey, I'm CREATIVE, right... so I might just be up to the Creative Challenge of it!??!!!  *Winks*  Besides, I'm personally captivated by Close-Ups and don't always need the Panoramic View of anything, it lends more to the Imagination.  Us Creative folks like to be Imaginative, right?  *Smiles*  




 Would I be able to pull together a Creative Space Post that was remotely Inspiring in a Space not yet set up completely?  To bring a whole Party of folks thru on a Virtual Tour without being too self-conscious?  How can I make it have the Illusion of a Post I can be Proud of Sharing?  That would take Magic and Camera Tricks... maybe slightly blurry shots would soften the impact and give it all a somewhat Ethereal quality that can pass as Enchantment?  *Bwahahaha*  Because I didn't wanna Cheat and Stage contrived framed shots, I wanted to keep it 100% with you all.  But I did want to Participate and so did want to take the Leap of Faith to just lay it on the line this year for the Party and tell it like it is... I waffled and was so conflicted about it.




 It's not as if I've had the Time to be necessarily Creative either this past year {blushing}, so should I or should I not Share yet?   That was the burning question.  Since the Blog Party was to be soon, too soon to Transform two rooms that are my Creative Studio designated spaces before Party Time!  Oh, and make the Trip to Cali to see Mom in the space in between now and the Party Reveal... so I just had to Make It Work with what I have set before me, "As Is".   BTW the Trip to Cali with some of the Family to visit Mom in Hospice went exceptionally well, an Archived Blog Post takes you along with us.




But back to this Party Post Reveal... should I focus upon the Close-Up of what could perhaps still Inspire others who might be in this same situation of just setting up their Creative Sanctuaries?  What already has been done so far?  Since we like to show our stashes of little Treasured Objects that will eventually become something one day that would be a good jumping off point.  Because Lord have Mercy the Big Picture would probably overwhelm rather than Inspire anyone in it's present condition!  *Smiles* 




  I've got supplies and smalls laying around
everywhere... unceremoniously dumped in disorganized piles, many yet unpacked or in unsorted containers.  So I couldn't find hardly anything and have to come across it quite by accident right now.  In fact, the only Positive has been what I'd forgotten I even had!  Most things at the moment are located purely by Serendipity rather than even a remote form of Organized Chaos.




  So in a way that's been like a Thrill Of The Hunt for me as I slowly unpack, sort and organize my stashes of Creative Treasures and try to develop a semblance of Order in the Chaos that presently reigns in my most Sacred of Spaces in the Home... where I Retreat to Create!   It's like my Mad Laboratorie of Art and Design Relocated and I'm impatient to have it Right again!  Do you ever get Impatient when something is New to get it the way you want it, readied and Comfortable for it's Purpose?




 Starting over is hard... leaving an Ideal location is harder... because you tend to make unfair comparisons which can foster malcontent about where you are NOW.  The New Studio Loft has no huge Cast Iron Antique Sink with built in Washboard like the Old Art Studio Cottage.  No Fabulous OOAK Custom Built-Ins with the Workmanship of a Century ago.  No Transom Doors and Antique Hardware.  It isn't separate from the Main House where I can sequester myself and lock myself in.  Old Studio Cottage even had a Bedroom, Bathroom and Kitchen! And then I feel Guilty because Dream Villa Boheme' is indeed such a remarkable Blessing and the Creative Spaces available to me here are impressive... so I am amply Blessed beyond measure or even words.  I do have this Blank Canvas now to Create another distinctively different Studio upon... but it is a lot of Work.




 Work because they're just upstairs, my New Art Studio Spaces... did I mention we're Seniors?  Upstairs... that means a lot of the larger furnishings are still languishing in the Garage Storage since schlepping them upstairs to their Studio Spaces is quite the logistical Ordeal without Stud Muffins to do it for me!  *Le Sigh*   And the Juliet Room, which has White walls *Gak*... needs to be painted in MY hues of Black and either Deep Red or perhaps Grey, I'm not yet sure?  





And I abhor painting... rooms anyway, so boring painting walls!  And both Spaces have fitted carpet... Uggg... new and luxurious quality... but fitted carpet nonetheless... and I Hate fitted carpet ANYWHERE!  Old Art Studio Cottage had Brick floors overlaid with Antique Persian Rugs.  Here I would eventually prefer Hardwood floors in both rooms... but that shall have to wait. And of coarse it will also mean emptying them out again and starting over... AGAIN... le sigh.   See what I mean about making unfair comparisons in your head, it fosters Negative Energy and I Hate Negativity!   Remain Positive Dawn I keep telling myself as I look at my incomplete Studio Spaces!!!  *LOL*




And since we don't do most of our LIVING upstairs, since that is the G-Kid Force's new domain, well, they've kinda taken over some of my Creative Space while it's being neglected by Gramma moving into it.  That means some of their Stuff is now mingled with mine... can you spot THEIR stuff?  *LOL*   Also stairs and Seniors is a combination I didn't think would pose such a particular challenge... ummm, but it DOES!!!   So I don't go up there much yet unless I have to.




 I Love having a two story Home in Theory, I really do, the Grandiose Views the upstairs has are Priceless.  I feel positively Regal surveying my Kingdom from above... my Juliet Room has a little Balcony of Death even!  *Winks*  Not that I shall ever stand out upon the said Balcony of Death, it looks diminutive and that's not a word that describes me accurately, I'm a BMW... Big Made Woman, would it hold, will I get Vertigo really bad and careen over that railing?  We're not inclined to want to find out... as in me, myself and I being the 'we'!  *LOL*




 But I can open the French doors of that room and have Fresh Air streaming in during our temperate Months of the year and that is outstanding in a Studio Space.   I also have a lovely large Tree just outside of it so can hear the birds singing from it, which is also an outstanding attribute just outside of any Creative Space... Nature is one of my biggest Inspirations for Art.  The Loft Room area is spacious and bright! {Shown empty above, before Move In.}  Though that archway enters The Stylist's Private Spaces so she HAS to walk thru my Studio Loft to get to her Suite.  Ten year old Girls just can't walk thru your Space to get to theirs and Ignore you Creating... nope, Impossible, can't do it... even if you try valiantly to pretend to Ignore them!  *Bwahahaha!*




 The Creation Station Table and mismatched Vintage Chairs fit very well in the Loft Space, even tho' Princess T currently has a Tent set up in the same room!  Yes, she's Glamping in my Studio Loft Space... her and knock-off American Girl Type Dolls and hoards of LPS Critters are Squatters in MY Space!  *LOL*  Which also means they try to impose Squatter's Rights to MY Creation Station Table... just too Tempting to see it devoid of a Vignette of LPS Critters, Monster High Babes, Dollhouse set-ups and the like I suppose!?  *Le Sigh*  Oh I'll put it all away when I'm Finished Gramma, I'm Promised... but she's rarely ever Finished it seems and it was such Work for her putting it all Perfectly Styled up there! 




 But in all Fairness, I've done very little yet to actually Design and Style said Space to give it the Visual I want and more importantly NEED for my optimal Creativity.  I'm not even sure yet how I want it to look?  It still looks Meh and Bland to me and my Essence is not yet there, everything is disparate at the moment.  And its not yet being used for it's Specific Purpose that much, so they might as well Enjoy it for the time being so it's not wasted unused Space.  So we have a kind of Lease going on where they can temporarily utilize both Spaces in exchange for being my Minions on other Projects.  *He he he* 





  Besides I hate Bland, Generic and Uninteresting Spaces and right now that's how both Rooms look to me overall in their incomplete condition.  I need loads of Visual Stimulation to be on Fire Creatively. I Need it to reflect who I am at my Core and I'm still figuring out how best to accomplish that in these Spaces?  It still has a long way to go to BE there where I want it to be.  So I am Content for now just trying to get all Studio Supplies unpacked, Inventoried and Organized.




 I'm very Visual so I like things hiding in plain sight... and though Creative Minds can be quite messy... I like Order in my Creative Spaces for functionality and a tranquil Feeling.  Since Chaos and Deadlines are disruptive to the flow and absolutely stifle my Creativity.  I'm Hoping some Creative Souls will be Sharing their Superbly Organized Studio Spaces so that I can get Ideas on how best to Organize mine?   I'm not very Organized or Editorial I'm afraid, it's not a Natural Gift.  Luckily Princess T is my little Organizer, she's Born to do it... clearly didn't get that from my Genes.  *LOL*





I haven't been Creating for the Purpose of Selling very much in recent years either.  I no longer do Commissioned pieces and in fact, most Creations have been Gifted for quite a while now as I've just fed my Soul thru my Art rather than Selling it.  I do miss Creating my Gypsy Carpetbags and so I've been building up stashes of Vintage Supplies of every sort for when I'll hand sew some more.  Eventually I want to get back to Selling some Art, it's a long range Goal lets say.




 I've been rather on a Creative Hiatus since the Move, too much else to do, but it's been Okay.  Because I also totally dig my Creative STUFF in it's raw form and Collecting it is a Rush.  I'm a complete Hoarder of my Beautiful Things to Create from, I freely Confess that Addiction to amassing great Supplies for Art.  Spending time with my bits and bobs is pure Bliss to me actually, I seem to have this Obsession with little Artsy Supplies in fact.  I can never get enough of them and it's Thrilling when I 'Score' some more even if I don't utilize them for quite some time... or EVER!   Because I just might, you know?  *LOL*  




I do however NEED to get back to Selling some of it for that stream of Income those of us on Fixed Incomes find to be a particular Blessing and fund our Passions... and Obsessions.  *Winks*  Getting any income associated with what we Naturally Love to do whether we make money off of it or not is just a Bonus.  I MISS Creating freely, I'm in The Zone when I'm Creating anything!  I'd do it 24-7 if I could, it is indeed my Passion!   And I'm always thirsty to learn new techniques and expand my Artistic Horizons.




Fabric Art is my Favorite Art Form and my Vintage Fabric and Trims Hoard is Epic... and, alas, everywhere right now!  It's hard for me to part with any of my Antique and Vintage Fabric stashes though, even if fellow Artisans offer to buy it raw for their own Art Projects.  I could probably make a nice sideline Selling off my excess fabrics if I could just but part with them!  Honestly, I just Love looking at the PILES.  Does anyone else revel in that Visual I Wonder?





 What to Create consistently has been my inner conflict though, since I'm all over the place when it comes to Art!   I Love so many Art Forms you see and Experimenting is Divine isn't it?  I like to try my hand at so many interesting things I've never done before and see what the results will reveal?  I might have a piece I've Bought and Love, then decide I want a 'Collection' of it and just make some similar to it so the Impact is greater.  I'm an Incurable Collector too you see!  Are you too?




 I also Love Creating with my Grandchildren, Kiddos are so uninhibited in their Creativity!  So we Collect all kinds of things we can Create from together... and The Stylist Loves to Organize it for me, it's her Natural Gift.  I want to begin taking Classes again and perhaps even Host some with Friends and The G-Kid Force's Friends eventually in my Creative Spaces, just for Fun and Social Gatherings Enjoyment.  




We want to Host Mendhi Body Painting Parties, Mani and Pedi Art Parties and the like as well as any other Art Forms we can Dream up!  I have so many Ideas my head hurts sometimes and I've got to release some of them even if I don't Act upon them myself!  Just so that somebody will and I can Rejoice in beholding it Manifested into an actual Creation and not just an Idea left dormant and unfulfilled!  




Conceptual is Wonderful, but for it to be birthed is such a Thrill isn't it?!   I think for the Creative Soul just beholding Creations, whether they be our own or someone else's is a Spiritual Experience.   What The Great Creator has Created around us is Awe Inspiring daily... and so when I see Creativity He has tucked into each of us being brought forth it often leaves me in as much Awe! 




 So many Talented Creative Souls... and being brought together for such things as this Where Bloggers Create Blog Party is like Iron sharpening Iron!

Proverbs 27:17New King James Version (NKJV)

17 
As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.





I want to personally Thank each Participant of Today's Blog Party for sharpening the rest of us and adding fuel to propel us Creatively forward with the Inspiration your Posts and Private Spaces provide!  And for those of you, like me, who are still Processing your Creative Space... hang in there and fulfill the Dream of your Creative Sanctuary being all that you envisioned it to be!  And until then... work on the Illusion with as many Tricks as it takes!  *Winks*




And even if you're finding yourself with not enough Time to Create as much as you would like to... well, get Creative about Camouflaging the stuff that hasn't come together yet... now there's an un-celebrated Art Form and Talent if ever there was one!  I'm getting very Good at it in fact!!!  *Winks* 
*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

57 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn, I feel for you!
    I had a corner of the dining table for too long. But now have my own small space! Just large enough for a desk and a chair and table. Not too much storage as it is part of the toy room, so I share it also with my kids.
    Your space is lovely but you have so much going on in the rest of the setting up of your house and all your life happenings and health dramas right now.
    You will get to it in a bit. But I know it can be so difficult waiting!
    All th best, xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by for the Tour my Friend and reminding me to keep it all in perspective. Trying to reign back the overachiever in me and remembering that Rome wasn't built in a day. *LOL* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Sweet Gypsy! I feel your pain. One door closes...you know, are experiencing, the next opening door! Thank you for sharing your highs and lows...Love your spaces! And I'll be back soon!
    Sweet blessings, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris for falling down my Gypsy Rabbit Hole! The opening of a new Door is both exciting and yet shutting the previous Doors from places you Loved is bittersweet. I'm Glad you Enjoyed your Tour enough to be back, I'll look forward to your next visit. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. Sweet Dawn, you have blossomed into your newly created studio / craft space so well. When we have such passion for collecting and creating, it's hard to move into a new space but I love your new home and how you've made it YOU. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rhonda, slowly it is taking on my Essence. I'm trying to do a New Thing here in that I'm ATTEMPTING to downscale and Simplify Life, not so easy for a Maximalist, but I'm actually doing better than I ever expected in Letting Go of the Mantra of Too Much Is Never Enough! *Smiles* Glad you fell down my Rabbit Hole today, these Blog Hop Parties are such Fun aren't they? Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. A true artists space. So much creativity can be done here I see! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your Sweet Words, oh yes, surrounding ourselves with that which we Love and provides Inspiration is indeed fuel for Creative Pursuits... I Enjoy the Energy my Creative Sanctuaries impart. Thank you for falling down my Rabbit Hole Today, Hope you are Enjoying the Blog Hop Party as much as I am... I could spend all day here, except soon I must tear myself away and go to Work! Le Sigh... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Oh Sweet Dawn...You have so many thing on your plate at the moment. You are doing a great job on transitioning into your new space. It takes time to get things as you want them. I've changed my studio around several time. It's something that evolves over time and as you start to actually use the space you will find what works best for "your" creative environment. And you are welcome to come and see what I've done with mine anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I certainly will look forward to coming to see what new Magic you have conjured up in your Studio my Talented Friend! We are indeed Kindred Spirits and your Style is so Free Spirited and you know how I Love that! *Winks* I'm looking forward to when things settle down so that I can spend more time sequestered in my Studio Creating and getting it to Transform into the Vision I have for it! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  6. Oh I also forgot to mention, I noticed the antique carpet covered box I made and you purchased! It has inspired me to make more :) Thank you for sharing your amazing space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gleefully Squealing that you are Creating more Magic Carpet Boxes! I Love it, holds so much of my Vintage Lace, I'm thinking of mounting some vintage casters and handles on my boxes so that they more easily can be pulled around where I need them while Creating. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  7. Hi Dawn!

    Thank you for stopping by my place. Wow! You do have a lot of fantastic supplies. I too love to have lots of "I just might need this someday" items. And they have certainly come in handy over the years. I hope you will share your space with us when you are finished setting it up.

    With gratitude,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Terry, I'm Hopeful that by next year's Blog Hop my Spaces will have been Transformed enough to do the Panoramic Views! *LOL* Thank you for falling down my Rabbit Hole Today for the sneak peek. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  8. Hi Dawn!

    Thank you for stopping by my place. Wow! You do have a lot of fantastic supplies. I too love to have lots of "I just might need this someday" items. And they have certainly come in handy over the years. I hope you will share your space with us when you are finished setting it up.

    With gratitude,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry I certainly will be excited to Share what I HOPE will be a more complete Studio Reveal by next year's Blog Party Hop! *smiles* Thanks for coming down the Rabbit Hole with me for the sneak peek... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  9. You always make me smile Dawn! You are free to check out my space in progress, but my colours are much brighter than yours... You WILL get this space to be just as comfortable in time and meanwhile, I agree with you at the joy of just LOOKING at your treasures can be therapeutic! HUgs!
    http://connell-crafts.blogspot.ca/2016/07/where-blogger-create-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy Thank you for stopping by and falling down my Rabbit Hole in Progress. Yes, I'm going for a bit more muted Tones in the Loft Studio Space for Tranquility and my desire to Simplify Life at this Season, but the Juliet Room, when Made-Over is going to be more my Dark Self with vivid Jewel Tones just so that I still have some of that familiar Essence of the Weird and Wonderfully Macabre. *winks* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  10. Your new villa looks lovely. Moving is so very hard. I hope I never have to move again! It takes a long time to get settled in. Your studio will become everything you dream of again. It may take a few more years but it will. Enjoy the beauty in the process. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Moving can be hard, especially in your Senior years. We used to be so Nomadic for most of our Lives, and then we settled down and stayed put a while in our Historic Home. So, needless to say our Traveling Light days were behind us and that made this recent Move Epic and LONG... and a LOT more Work than when we were Free Spirited and lived the Nomadic Lifestyle we enjoyed for so long. I said this was the last Move, but one never knows what the Future and the Open Road holds!? The Son always jokes that JUST when I get a Home exactly the way I want it, I pick up, Sell Off and Move On! *Ha ha ha*... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  11. Oh Dawn; I'm proud of you for taking the leap and joining in on the Blog Tour! So glad you showed pictures of your old Art Villa! I just keep thinking the more I read of the stairs and your not wanting to go up there, about your 3 car garage! Is there some way you can transform that in to your working Art Villa along with your storage and booth merchandise? I bet you'd use it a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Marlynne, two great minds think alike, I was just considering the possibility of utilizing at least some of the double car garage space for Creative Projects even tho' it's not air conditioned, some months of the year it would be fine. Thanks for coming by for the Studio Tour... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  12. Dear Dawn yes moving is always hard and I admire that you have shared in the party even though not fully set up but it matters not as creating our space just goes on every day. I know that from just having gone through it too and I still feel I am making it my own. You will too.
    I love all of your beautiful vignettes, vintage collections especially of your lovely textiles which I would love to see more of!!!
    Bless you for sharing inspite of your ups and downs! I just love visiting here as you so well know as I have been for simply years now and appreciate your wonderful posts!
    Suzy and her threadworks.
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You my Friend for coming by to Tour my New Studio Spaces... my Textiles bring me a lot of Joy even in their raw forms so I just enjoy them even piled up! *smiles* To me they are all little works of Art before they ever go into a Creation. And Thank You too for being a Blog Supporter for so long!... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  13. So, finished, started or someplace in the middle, Your creative space will be perfect in this new home because YOU will create it! We are all wired so differently, that it why I love blogging and meeting new friends! Thanks for sharing where you are! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for falling down my Rabbit Hole today Cindy, yes, the diversity of Creative Souls and their Unique Individualized Creative Sanctuaries is why I enjoy this Blog Hop Party so much each year! Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  14. Bless your generous heart and soul for accepting all of these life-challenges and changes, Dawn. I have six grandchildren and love each one dearly, but cannot imagine raising any one or more of them. I know we do what we have to do, especially where family is concerned, but I'm not sure you give yourself enough credit....moving is never easy, but it does seem to be so much more difficult as we get older. I love that you shared some beautiful vignettes of your treasures, and I hope for your "sanity" that you will soon be able to replenish your soul through your creations.

    I'm an AZ desert-dweller, too, and spend much of our "lovely & super-HOT" summer in my creative space. I hope that you are able to complete even a small area of your loft, so you might have a bit of a sanctuary to escape.

    Blessing to you,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol Thank You so much for your Sweet Words of Encouragement and the Positive Energy you imparted in your Message. I think it has been hardest for me that The Man now has TBI and cannot Partner with me as much in manifesting our Shared Vision for improvements. He always let me Dream my Wild Imaginings and then would be the one to find the way to bring it to Life in Reality. *smiles* I miss doing all the Projects Together like we used to be able to, he is still my biggest Cheerleader from the sidelines now, but I don't possess the raw Talent he had for making things "Work" after a Daydreamer came up with a Vision. *Winks* Thanks for falling down my Rabbit Hole, yes, I am spending the majority of time indoors now completing as many inside long delayed Projects as I can while it's too Hot to be out meandering. *LOL*... Fellow Desert Dweller Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  15. Gee, I sure think your old space could have moved with you, right? I guess not. Oh, well, we can't have everything. I don't know where you moved from or where you moved to, but I can tell you live somewhere in Arizona where it is pretty darn hot in the summers. I grew up in Phoenix and lived in Scottsdale for a number of years before moving to Prescott in 1982 and then Flagstaff in 1998. I like Flagstaff the best.

    Anyway, I love the loft space. How wonderful is that? And I'm guessing the views are fantastic as well as the bird operas during the more pleasant months. I haven't moved since 2001 but I often get in a "mood" to redo things. I'm doing my best to live with less stuff and recently held a garage sale with my BFF and another friend and got rid of so much stuff, including some art supplies. I'm getting ready to clear things out again. I'm having a friend come over on Wednesday to take photos of me in my photo studio working. She is a professional photographer and I want the small studio to look more inviting. I'll post before and after photos of the photo studio to add an addendum to my WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE post.

    I'll continue to follow your blog so I can check on your progress in the studio. Happy creating.

    Blessings,
    Hugs,
    Marrianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Marrianna... yes, it would have been Divine if I could have picked the Old Carriage House Art Studio Cottage conversion up and moved it along with us! Alas, no place to have put it, we moved to a New Build in a Subdivision so not as much fluidity to be Free with what we were used to on our Historic Homestead and acreage. We have a lovely view of the White Tank Mountains from here, we're on the very far North West side of the Valley now in an unincorporated area that is still quite unspoiled to the West {State Trust Lands and White Tanks Park}. Our Son works in Scottsdale and lives in Gilbert and he enjoys the far East Valley, but we needed to stay close to the Base since The Man is Retired Military and requires a lot of Medical Treatment. Yes, areas like Prescott, Payson, Flagstaff and even the Disneyland of Funky Places Jerome are very much Cooler and Lovely and we considered them at one time. We do have forty acres up North of the State but probably won't develop it now that The Man's health is so precarious. We too are constantly downsizing and The Process of that continues even after The Move is really complete now. I'll have to stop by to check on your progress too in the Studio and look forward to your next visits. Blessings from the Heat of the AZ Desert *winks*... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  16. Thanks Dawn for sharing your old and new space.
    I understand how hard it is to letting go and moving in to a new place. As a military family we have done it many times, but it is also a very exiting time to start over on a clean canvas.
    Your studio loft looks very airy and spaces, can't wait to see the process!
    Have a great weekend!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a fellow Military Family let me first Thank you and yours for your Service to Country! I moved so much all my life, since my Family were Military 'Lifers' too *winks* and so was The Man I married, that it was different to Stay Put for a while and I didn't realize how Attached I could become to a place once I set down some roots there. When you move frequently you don't get deep Attachments because you know you won't be there long and will move on. Don't know if this is the Permanent Place, but for now it is so we're setting up Camp. *winks* Thanks for dropping down my Rabbit Hole... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  17. Dearest Dawn, that was such a wonderful post!! I can only image how hard leaving a space that you love and have spent years perfecting to move into a large empty space with (ack) white walls!!! LOL!!! (She said as she is getting ready to paint her studio walls white) I do understand how a large empty room can feel overwhelming. My advice to you, (for what it is worth) is to first get those white walls painted some rich jewel tone that will make you happy. It will change the whole feel of the space and begin to make it feel more intimate. You have so many fabulous pieces to fill it up. Just start slowly and add more as you can, but I guarantee that getting rid of the white will make a HUGE difference to how you feel about the rooms.
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, and yourself!
    xoxo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen you made me LOL about the White Walls thing! I just knew you were probably painting yours White as I try to do away with mine... the diversity of preference and Aesthetic is what makes Art so Fun tho', right? *winks* Luckily the huge Loft Space is already painted a Divine Tuscan Sepia Hue that most of the Home has and I absolutely Love {since Sepia and Black are my preferred Neutrals}... so it's just that Juliet Room that I can't spend a lot of time in right now, you're right, White just doesn't feel like an extension of my Essence so it must go! *Ha ha ha* The Grandson is removing most of his White out of his Mother-In-Law Suite upstairs that he occupies, we're going with Chalkboard Paint so he can Artfully change his Walls with his Drawings and Encouraging Quotes often. I know that in due time it will all Transform and I'm getting there one day at a time, I think the delays have been a Blessing in Disguise as it's given me time to think things thru and do it right the first time. When you get to the Senior years you don't change things up as often, no energy to. *LOL* Thank you Dear Friend for Hosting yet another Successful and Inspiring Blog Hop Party, I couldn't wait to get Home from Work last Night to keep visiting Participants Creative Sanctuaries! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  18. I enjoyed your post and seeing the interesting collections and inspirational pieces you have....I can imagine the grands to love to spend time with you and your creative genius...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping down my Rabbit Hole Mama Bear, I'm so Enjoying visiting everyone else's Creative Sanctuaries, so many Wonderful Ideas I'm gleaning, especially for Organization, which isn't one of my strengths so I need all the Help I can get from those that do it well! Yes, the Grands do Love my Personal Spaces and I'm not really so irritated that they Enjoy what I do since it means they too may have a Passion for similar Pursuits and we can keep doing them Together as a Family Bonding Experience. It would be so much worse if they abhored all my Weird and Wonderful things, I wouldn't know who would Inherit it all?! *Winks* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  19. Dawn,

    It takes a special person to be able to create amidst chaos, dear one.
    What works for one artist, doesn't necessarily work for another.
    Thank you for your sweet comment and visit about my creative space, Studio One.
    The wall you mentioned is the unfinished concrete wall of the mechanical room. I l o v e it, too. .. so I purposefully left it in its original form!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how Special to have inherited that unfinished concrete masterpiece Wall of Natural Patina! Those are the kinds of things that Inspire me most actually, Natural Aging Processes, Textures and the Patina that only Time can adequately impart... I'm glad you appreciated it enough to leave it as a Showpiece of your Studio Space! I think you are right, some Create best in Chaos and some in Orderliness, depends on how the Artist is hardwired. Thanks for falling down my Rabbit Hole in Progress. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  20. With the upheaval of moving and getting the rest of your home sorted you've produced some lovely images of your creative stuff! It must be hard having the dilemma of wanting to get yourself settled and back to 'normal', but also wondering whether it is worth doing as there's stuff you want to do to the rooms, which will mean packing up and moving stuff again, so is there any point?
    I'm so glad you decided to take part as it's been fun looking around. I'm sure you'll be as happy in this creative space as you were in your old one💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Louise, doesn't seem to be much point in the Juliet Room of Designing it and filling it with Goodness until I get those White walls painted a Divine Hue that will Make the room the me Creatively. I do find however than any 'empty incomplete' room risks the place for being a handy catch-all for stuff. *LOL* As each space here Transforms I'm Loving my New Home more and more. Thanks for falling down the Rabbit Hole, this has been such an Inspirational Blog Hop for me and I am determined to visit every Participant's Creative Sanctuary! Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  21. What a wonderful and eclectic mix of fab stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eclectic is my Mantra actually *smiles* because I have so many Loves! Thanks for falling down the Rabbit Hole and the sweet words. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  22. Wow. Your space is going to be awesome. I see many things you could have shipped right over to me! Love your words and spirit. Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah then Diane I see we are likely Kindred Spirits in our preferred Found Treasure Collections! Thank you for your kind encouraging words and for falling down the Rabbit Hole. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  23. It all sounds very exciting to Me.Congrats on such a lovely new home.I just know You will turn Your private spaces into Your new sanctuaries.I had forgotten about Your carpet bags but now starting to remember.I love them so much.I inherited My Mother's velvet purple and red one took good care of it until it crashed. I would LOVE another one.Maybe I'll have to have You make Me one if I can afford it ; ) Hugs to You Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too Cherish my Vintage 1960's Carpetbags from the Hippie Era *winks* and use them simply to store Art Supplies so they won't get worn out. I also have a lovely Collection of Bags by Artists I Admire the Work of. I tend not to keep so many of my own Creations, always thinking, ah I'll just make another. *ha ha ha* Of coarse sometimes I don't and then Wish I'd kept some to use for myself. I do Hope one day to get back to Creating them since it feeds my Soul to Create Fabric Art. Thanks for coming for the Tour down my Rabbit Hole, it is indeed exciting albeit daunting at times to be starting from scratch... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  24. It all sounds very exciting to Me.Congrats on such a lovely new home.I just know You will turn Your private spaces into Your new sanctuaries.I had forgotten about Your carpet bags but now starting to remember.I love them so much.I inherited My Mother's velvet purple and red one took good care of it until it crashed. I would LOVE another one.Maybe I'll have to have You make Me one if I can afford it ; ) Hugs to You Denise

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh now Dawn, you short change yourself! The photos of your new space is just the beginning of what will be the next book in the series of your life! Ending the one book can be painful as we have to lay down the pplesure of the now and it becomes the past, but it can be remembered and visited. And I always hate opening a new book, I have to work at getting to know the new people, the new spaces, and make them mine, a part of my life. As the pages of life go forward the story becomes more and more mine, just like your new spaces will. Stand there and take it all in, make it yours, be inspired by the new, remember your faves from the old, and enjoy! And get rested from that move!! Glad you shared!! Good to see your new space! Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doni Thank you for reminding me of the Journey that is Life and the many chapters of it we end and begin... moving out of one's comfort zone is in a word uncomfortable *ha ha ha imagine that! winks*, so it was a huge Leap of Faith to begin again and go for it as far as Living the Dream. Figured at this Season of Life if we didn't begin Living it we were running out of Time! *smiles* To whom much is given much is required... so I'm embracing what comes with maintaining such a remarkable Blessing as we have been given and putting our stamp upon it all. Daunting at times, yet quite the Rush too as things slowly but surely come together and we infuse our Essence into our New Home... so Glad you dropped down the Rabbit Hole for the semi-tour of the as yet incomplete Studio... Dawn... the Bohemian

      Delete
  26. I'm sorry you've had such a tough time, with moving itself and with the letting go of your beloved space. I u deist and and feel for you. Thank you for participating anyway, and for letting us have a look at both spaces as they really are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen Thank you for stopping in for the Tour of my New and yet incomplete Spaces, Hopefully by next year's Blog Hop Party I shall be able to do the Panoramic of what has progressed! It actually made me less nervous to see how many Participants had also recently moved and started over because it put things in perspective for me, that I had indeed accomplished more in this past year than I was acknowledging! Been so long since we moved I had forgotten how long it actually takes to settle in and put your stamp on any New Beginnings. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  27. It sounds like you have a lovely blank canvas ready to be made into your own space. I am sure you will make it even artier than before. You have a fantastic collection of goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jennifer and I love that term of yours "Fantastic Collection of Goodness", that is such an accurate description of the things we Love and have Collected over Time. Glad you were able to fall down the Rabbit Hole for a visit during the Blog Hop, such Fun it has been these past few days to visit everyone's Creative Sanctuaries and overdose on Inspiration! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  28. Lots of fabulous things to create with here! I love the suitcase wall shelf. So clever and cute!

    Cathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, I just fell down your 'gypsy rabbit hole'! I love it, such an interesting array of collections and possibilities! I am sure you will bring order to the chaos if that's what's needed...it looks fine as is, anyway :) Thanks for sharing your creative stuff.
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think you're doing pretty well if your creative space looks this good after just moving in during the past year! So many beautiful treasures - I may have to take another visit!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dawn--can I just say that this post is incredible!! I can't begin to imagine the moving of all your treasures into a new space. I always loved your first studio- it was so eclectic. But-you are on your way to an even better studio if that's even possible!!! Gorgeous photos- omg-I truly look forward to more photos as you settle in. This is beyond amazing!!
    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl