Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Happy 30th Birthday Son!!!



Today my "Baby" turns 30... THIRTY... what a Milestone Celebration!  And as he said to me this Morning, now I'm halfway to 60!  *LOL*  I'm sure he's Celebrating with a flourish, since he has always done everything with a flourish, and I couldn't help but turn back Time in my Mind's Eye since it's all gone by so very fast!  So let the embarrassingly Nostalgic Look Back begin!  *Winks*  I Love you my Son... Happy 30th Birthday!














In preparation for her Uncle's Milestone Birthday Celebration a certain Niece was a flurry of activity in the Kitchen baking up a storm this Afternoon!   Sprinkles were flying and a Feast of iced Cupcakes, Donuts and Cake Pops were being churned out like an assembly line.  One would think she was auditioning for Cake Masters or Cupcake Wars! *Smiles*




For those of you who have Young budding Confection Masters at Home and perhaps also live in swelteringly Hot Climates where Baking in the Summertime is Insanity, lemme let you in on a Wonderful Secret to saving your Sanity and allowing virtually mess-free Confection Creating with minimal Supervision!




The Thrift Shops, especially after the Holidays, are jammed packed with various Kitchen Gadgetry in the way of small Baking Appliances that are Marvelous and so easy and mess-free to use!   Most have never even been used and so you get them at a fraction of the Cost of Retail, all of mine were had for under five bucks apiece!




They don't heat up the kitchen and are Simple since they have a Green Light that comes on when baking is complete, which is lightening FAST.  And you can plug in as many of these gadgets as you want, to get a great assortment of mini Confections in a hurry.  Then sit back and let the Kiddos get Creative with the Decorating.




I personally bought the Babycakes Cupcake Maker {foreground results}... Babycakes Donut Maker {background results}...




Two of the Cake Pop and Donut Hole Makers {foreground results before being impaled on their sticks}... and a Cakesicle Maker {not shown but resembling little Popsicles which you then stick on an ice-cream stick}.




She had so much Fun making these and my Supervision was minimal for the whole process.  I suggest for very Young Kids you don't plug them in 'til they drop all the batter in the molds first... and then you take them out when done since it's still pretty hot like a Waffle Iron would be.




So my Son... your Party Platters are ready Compliments of your Loving Niece... Love Mom and the big ole extended Family!  Mwah!



*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those gadgets sound like a God Send for young bakers! Pretty Fancy finished results too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too and it was so easy and mess free to get so much done and they were tasty and looked amazing, she had such Fun with it and I didn't lose my Mind Supervising it... so a Win-Win. Winks... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl