Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Boob-ectomy Story



"So... how did your Boob-ectomy go Gramma?", the G-Kid Force eagerly wanted to know when I got Home.  That's what they've been calling it and I think it's hilarious!   They like a good Story and so I regaled them with it, sometimes I think they're hoping for a little gore, but Thankfully there was none of that to tell!  But I did give them a good Laugh.  *LOL*




Actually my Anxiety levels had been quite elevated by the time the Staff got thru telling me what they were gonna do... TMI that I didn't wanna know!!!  Yikes... so I defaulted to what always works for me when something could be physically or emotionally painful or mighty uncomfortable, I slept thru my biopsy!   The Doc gently woke me up after it was over and I vaguely recall her telling the Nurses as I was waking up, "She took a Nap!!!"  After she left the room the Nurses explained they'd never had anyone take a Nap thru the procedure... and they wish everyone did coz I'd laid rock solid without budging or flinching.  *Smiles*




Well, I Needed to you see... especially after being told that they'd be gently pressing on my back so I didn't raise up off the table during parts of it!  WHAT... people raise up off the table!!???!?!??!?!?  Shit... that's it... I'm taking a Nap so I won't even know or feel what's going, if you're not conscious you're less inclined to Freak Out!   Besides, I've been known to be able to Sleep thru damned near anything, this is just further proof!   And the "We need six samples..." meant I might be there more than a minute besides, so a long Nap might be in order.




 The "Don't Move" instructions were a no-brainer, as I'd compared it in my Head to moving when you're getting a Tattoo... not a good idea if you don't want a really bad outcome!  So you better sit rock solid Girlfriend was the Self-Talk I gave myself!  As it is, in the beginning, before they begin, you have those little Panic thoughts of maybe this wasn't such a good idea and what have you gotten yourself into?!?!??   I kinda Wondered if they'd ever have anyone just run out of the room?  *LOL*




And I was Proud of myself for NOT running out of the room, since I knew I'd be awake and just having a Local... which in past Procedures have not always had the desired results of sufficiently numbing me so I was kinda scared that might happen again too?!   I have a high tolerance for Pain, I just don't like going thru any... especially if I'm not sure of the intensity factor or if I'll be able to hold my mud when realizing too late a Local ain't cutting it?!  So the Nap was crucial to take the edge off and get thru it... at least for me... mebbe that wouldn't work for everyone, I dunno?




Slumber is Blissful, Time stands still and before you know it things can seem to just be over almost instantly and you don't remember any of what might have been going on as you Snoozed.   But now I was done and not bleeding hardly at all, which I guess was a very good thing too and a relief to the Nurses.  So I wanted to get outta there... I was so freakin' Hungry and hadn't been able to eat since nine a.m. and now it was almost three p.m.!   That table you're laying on was the devil and I think my back and hip hurt more than my boob ever could have... plus, when you're Older and stay rock solid still too long... well...  you know... I walked off with the gait of Grandpappy Amos of the Real McCoys!




They seemed concerned if I immediately wanted to be vertical I might Faint, I convinced them the only thing I might Fall Out from was Hunger!  *Smiles*  And No, I didn't wanna sit there too long in the Recovery Room with the five other Women who had gone in before me and never come out yet... they were looking a little Green behind the Gills to me!  It was just too Heavy an Energy in that room, and seeing them beforehand had been the worst part for me... adding a whole level of Anxiety I didn't Need as to what to expect?!  




I mean, have you ever gone thru something a different kinda way than other people seem to react to it, but their reaction has Scared the Crap out of you beforehand to the point you exaggerate in your Head how it will be for you?!  This wasn't so bad for me, in fact it went way better than expected or Imagined and I'm virtually Pain-Free.  So my Recovery has been excellent... Whew, what a Relief, that's what I'd been most Concerned about!  So after a couple minutes Post Boob-ectomy I told them I was Golden to hit the IHOP down the street and I felt just Fine to drive myself Home.  Because I did... Feel just Fine... mebbe those other Gals should have taken a Nap... I'd highly suggest it in fact!




Since everyone else had brought someone with them as Moral Support and a Driver, I was Glad that I did Feel perfectly Fine after my Procedure and could drive away into the Sunset like any Normal Day.   In fact, I Plan to Reward myself with one of those nifty Gypsy Steering Wheel Covers for the new Truck that my Friend Shelly has in her Shop... if she still has any left?  I'm leaning towards the one with Purple Velvet...




And after having regaled the trio here with my Boob-ectomy Story I took another nice long Nap until dark.  When the body goes thru any Trauma it Needs Rest... mine does anyway.  Because Sleep is not only a great Coping mechanism for me, but also a great Healing mechanism... and I do it so Well! *Winks*   Besides... they did say to take it easy for a day... and I need no Excuse to default to that and cut myself a brief break from Caregiving!

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed hearing that you fell asleep. That is obviously the way to go in a situation like that! I think you deserve that amazing steering wheel cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the steering wheel cover today Colette! Dawn... The
      Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Thumbs up Dawn! I had an uncomfortable nerve test on my arms/hands---and I zoned out through meditation---and the operator commented he had made truck drivers cry with that testing. So I have always believed in 'mind over matter'. Hope all goes well..and any of those steering covers would be awesome, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi I too was raised to Believe Mind over matter, the brain is such an awesome Creation and so much we don't understand about the power of it over our bodies and regarding Healing. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. I can't hardly sleep. I would love to be able to do that. Good luck on the biopsies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha... yeah, The Man has trouble sleeping and has always envied my ability to fall asleep so soundly and through almost anything! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. I am happy to hear that things went OK with your procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, it was such a relief that it all went so very well. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Oh Dawn....glad everything turned out OK. You know what they say...."better living through chemistry'....SOUNDS LIKE YOU THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT! LOL LOL

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It couldn't have turned out better and I think the Anxiety leading up to it was the worst part. *LOL*... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl