Friday, May 27, 2016

Sharing Bandages



***NOTE: Some Lovely Images via Pinterest***


Married People often Share a lot of things... when you're growing Old together you find yourselves Sharing the most unusual of things, it just comes with the territory of aging.  *Smiles*  I'd completely forgotten that just before my Surgery that The Man had one too, with the Heart thing he was recently Hospitalized for and an Angioplasty.   So he had gauze bandages he hadn't completely used the entire box of and presented to me!  *Yay*  So, I could abort the dreaded pilgrimage to the store and he was willing to Share bandages!  That's about the only good thing I can think of about us both having back to back Surgeries!  *LOL*
  



And tho' still feeling rather drained and extremely tired, so I sleep a lot lately, I was able to discontinue those strong pain meds after just a day.  So the floating Spaghetti thing now behind me, I'm back on Planet Earth and virtually pain free, which is a good thing.   It means we're moving in the right direction towards finally Healing properly and being able to take care of business here at Home Caring for my Family.  With feet planted firmly on the ground and not floating around in a drug induced haze.  Purple haze, all in my brain... Lately things they don't seem the same... Actin' funny, but I don't know why... Excuse me while I kiss the sky.   Yeah, on those good drugs the Doc prescribed I was having The Jimi Hendrix Experience for sure and it was freakin' the Family out a bit!  *LOL*





Sure, at first they thought it hilarious and amusing for me to be Trippin' and relieved I was no longer down for the count succumbing to intense pain... but after a day they were glad I was back on Planet Earth and making sense again.  *Ha ha ha*  The new Alice In Wonderland Movie is coming out "Through The Looking Glass" and Princess T and I will be going together to see it... she likened me on those meds to the Movie Trailers.  “He said he would come in,' the White Queen went on, `because he was looking for a hippopotamus. Now, as it happened, there wasn't such a thing in the house, that morning.'  Is there generally?' Alice asked in an astonished tone.  Well, only on Thursdays,' said the Queen.”  ― Lewis CarrollThrough the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There   Yeah, according to her I was having a lot of White Queen type quotes apparently that nobody could fathom!  *Smiles*




Not that I always make perfect sense to the Family on any given day since the easiest way to get compliance or mediate Drama is often to just say something totally unexpected and completely random.  *Winks*  But I wasn't even having to do that at the time, since seeing me not being myself had suspended all Drama and non-compliance around here... maybe I should not be myself more often I contemplated?  *Ha ha ha*   In actuality tho' I like being me and so it was good to be feeling more like myself again and not falling down some other Rabbit Hole that wasn't at all familiar.




The calendar is full of things I don't want to have to cancel and re-schedule so it will be good if I don't have to?   But I do plan to take it easy, don't really have much choice actually, since this whole fiasco surrounding the botched biopsy has made it mandatory and not optional to.   I couldn't NOT take it easy right now, I am still way too drained and tired to rebel and go back to my usual routine and pace.  One would think all the sleeping would have made me feel rested, but it really hasn't, it's an act of Will to remain up and awake for any short length of time right now.  So I do everything in between long Naps for now.  Which means a lot isn't getting done... and I've just got to Roll with that for the time being.




And Yes, it bothers me to let things slide or delegate them, since they won't be done right and I'll just have to re-do them later.   But for now that's just how housekeeping will have to play out in my nice New Home that was in Order and I'd of liked for it to have remained that way.   Running damage control behind when it snowballs to out of Order is something I had to do far too long at the Old Homestead, so we certainly don't want to get to that level of chaos again.  So I'm riding herd somewhat on it not doing a free fall off the cliff and into disorderly chaos.   The good thing being The Force has been spending more time at their Friends Homes... or here with new Friends that tend to be as OCD as me about being tidy and Orderly!  *Yay!*   Maybe I should Adopt a couple of them too... temporarily of coarse.  *Winks*




*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling somewhat normal again! Hopefully things won't go to astray before you are able to be back on top of things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, actual healing of the open wound hasn't even begun to take place, and that is alarming this far out after surgery, but I'm trying to think positive thoughts while I still pretty much feel like crap and barely functional. I would have avoided this procedure entirely had I known the outcome. I'd like to have a sense of when I will begin to feel Well, but so far the Docs can't project that given how things played out. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl